Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:32:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Digitalcoin Foundation and One Million DGC Fund [ANN]  (Read 1215 times)
techbytes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:48:45 AM

As everyone is well aware by now, Digitalcoin Foundation has taken over development of DGC.  All members of the foundation have put in tremendous amount of time to put forth changes to DGC that is sparking interest again as well as increasing its value.  Digitalcoin Foundation is committed and will work diligently to bring DGC mainstream and make it the global currency of choice. 

All expenses incurred have been from members own pockets plus most of the donations to the fund have been from members as well.  Developers are working hard on their own spare time.  So I'm calling on the community to step up and pitch in to help the Foundation fund future projects.  The goal of the Foundation is to be in possession of 1 million digitalcoin (DGC).  To help the Foundation move towards that goal, existing Foundation members are willing to match all donations up to 100k DGC.  So if the community is generous to donate 100k, then the Foundation will add 100k to give it 200k DGC. 

Other ways to collect funds for the Foundation are buyback, have dedicated hardware to mine DGC directly to the foundation address, donations to the DGC official pool (Poolerrangers) goes to the Foundation and future earnings from advertising on websites will be used to buy DGC.  If you have any other ideas to help us reach our goal, let us know.  Dedicated mining hardware is giving the Foundation 1000 DGC every few days.  It isn't much but it's a start.  dgc.poolerrangers.com has donated 6,250 DGC thus far and is ongoing. 

Why one million DGC?  Well, one million in the hands of the Foundation is one million less getting dumped on the exchanges.  The Foundation will use the funds to pay for developments, buy mining hardware and anything else necessary.  It's important for people to understand that the Digitalcoin Foundation is working to further the technical and economic development of Digitalcoin. Therefore, any support from the community will go toward funding of products, services, and efforts that positively influence the value and usefulness of Digitalcoin.

We will only use the funds when DGC price is high enough to make it worth spending it.  The Foundation funding address will be transparent to all and any expenses will be posted on the Foundation website. 

Post your TX ID after donating and we'll post your donations on the Foundation website along with your forum name.  If you wish to stay anonymous, then it will be listed as such.

Track funding address here:  https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dgc/address.dws?DEhowBduoYuw2pPjQJ81XAPDx18jQbG1nj.htm

Foundation balance:  48,286.80595182 DGC

Donate today:  DEhowBduoYuw2pPjQJ81XAPDx18jQbG1nj

So the time is now and you are DGC future...

Digitalcoin Foundation thank you.
digitalcoin.foundation

-tb-
Foundation Treasurer

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
techbytes (OP)
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:43:45 PM

You're joking right?

Baritus has nothing to do with the Foundation.  Just let it go already.

IIRC, you did mention that you will support DGC if baritus is no longer involved in DGC development.  Well, the donation address is in the OP. 

-tb-

newuser01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:47:57 PM

How many will get stolen by a mystery employee of Baritus?

~BCX~

This is the question we all have on our mind.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:52:23 PM

We should time the fundraiser with the release of the new client, so people can test it out and see we're serious. It is kinda dubious to collect funds without proof. We gotta stress-test the testnet anyway before making the official release.
cosmoo

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:08:36 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 06:34:20 PM by cosmoo

Yeah well when ya got bullies threatening to break your stuff you can't really afford to piss around with it. I understand where you're coming from BitcoinExpress but this crusade of yours isn't helping anyone, do your own investigations and come back with hard cold facts. Until then leave us alone, we don't know any more than you do on the matter. I've conversed with you on this as best I can and you still won't stop. Trolling us won't win you anything, it'll just hurt us, and make your reputation worse. Please stop bothering us. If anything start your own DGC hate thread like you did with XMR and lets keep everything in one place so the public can decide for themselves. In my view, 3% of a non premined/instamined coin being dumped on market isn't worth the ruckus you're raising. Please stop with the slander.
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:54:10 PM

why do u care so much about digitalcoin bcx???  it puzzles me
robinwilliams

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:58:00 PM

Not DGC, baritus.

I don't care about DGC one way or another.

He started this and challenged me to end it.

The DGC Foundation needs to come off the fence and quit trying to play it both ways.

~BCX~

he challenged you to destroy it?
cosmoo

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:07:33 PM

The reason is this is continuing is because of you specifically.

In a post a few days ago you have since edited, you stated Baritus was not gone and you were happy about that.

I am asking politely for the last time for some clarification on the DGC Foundation's position on the supposed theft.

Are you supporting Baritus story of theft or do you think it is fishy?

Why would you want him around considering the damage he has done to DGC?

~BCX~

you mean this post? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=800481.msg9028719#msg9028719
i didn't edit it, because i said nothing wrong. Accusing the foundation of robbing people is not being polite. The only person who knows 100% is Baritus, that's just how life is, noone knows the full details of another's life and nobody should. You're on a wild goose chase and nothing but FUD will come out of it.

I'll repeat myself for the thousandth time, whatever happened with baritus all it amounts to is 3% of coins dumped on market, that had to originally be bought on market. That's all I care about. Furthermore, if Baritus truly did dump those on purpose, he never would have told anyone about it. ASSUMING that he's a thief all he'd have to have done is keep is mouth shut and you would never have reason to open yours. Have some empathy for christ's sake. Please just leave us alone and use your energy on some of the coins that actually deserve it.

Techbytes, it might be worth putting the fundraiser on hold until the foundation has a tangible product that can be used to disprove the unwarranted claims that are being made against DGC.
cosmoo

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:10:37 PM

Also if you're gonna pick a fight with the Foundation I have no problem rescinding my membership if it means I can continue to debate this with you, without bringing the target on them. I've always preferred to act on my own anyway. I'll continue to do what I can for DGC because it's a good coin with a good history, unlike most of these bullshit pump-n-dumps. I hope you agree on that last point at least.
cosmoo

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:17:40 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 07:52:25 PM by cosmoo

why do u care so much about digitalcoin bcx???  it puzzles me

Not DGC, baritus.

The DGC Foundation needs to come off the fence and quit trying to play it both ways.

~BCX~

he challenged you to destroy it?

a long time ago baritus made an open challange for people to try to compromise the DGC network, on that point yeah that was stupid. Most scrypt altcoins have <1gh/s, anyone could rent out enough hashpower for a few days to fork the chain. That's what the DGC Foundation is trying to rectify right now with a multi-algo update. I still say merge-mining/proof-of-stake are the only real solutions that have been discovered so far.
techbytes (OP)
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:24:37 PM

Not DGC, baritus.

~BCX~

I am going on record and speak for the Foundation.  Baritus has giving up development to the Foundation and has transferred all related domains and databases to the Foundation.  We have full control of the digitalcoin website and forum.  We have a new github account in place for the DGCV3 update and baritus does not have access to this account. 

Baritus is not involved in the development of DGC now or in the future.  He is part of the DGC community through his project with CryptoAve.  Anything baritus does from here on out related to DGC or not does NOT mean that he is still the developer for DGC. 

As for the claimed stolen DGC, it has no effect on the Foundation one way or the other.  BCX, if you still want to know the truth about the stolen DGC, then you need to take that up with baritus and not with DGC community or Foundation.

As for this fundraiser, you pretty much killed it for DGC.  If the Foundation agree, I will lock this thread and let the Foundation manage on its own to come up with the million DGC.  If we ever need help, we will turn to the community for support.

Also, the only reason I'm not replying to your PM is because I don't want you to twist my words and tell people what you want them to hear.  So I'm not ignoring you.  Not yet at least. 

-tb-
Foundation Treasurer

robinwilliams

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:17:10 PM

i 1000% agree that people who are fine being associated with scammers & theives should be punished if it's within the community or an individuals power to do so this is a fundamental need in an anarch setup (alternate crypto def anarchy)

ur doing the lords work bcx.  
cosmoo

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:24:30 PM

i 1000% agree that people who are fine being associated with scammers & theives should be punished if it's within the community or an individuals power to do so this is a fundamental need in an anarch setup (alternate crypto)

ur doing the lords work bcx.  

are you serious? he's ignoring all the points i'm making. you're saying these things without proof, i'm sorry. with the facts that are available I can't reach that conclusion. This trolling is stupid.

BCX, blockchains are public. You have the time of the theft as well as when the coins were dumped on cryptsy. If you were serious you'd do this investigation yourself. Leave us alone you bully!
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:11:14 AM

Almost good enough.

The "stolen DGC" does indeed have an effect on the DGC Foundation.

Me being here is proof enough.

Until the DGC Foundations takes a stand on the "theft" one way or another

It will remain a liability for DGC.

~BCX~

I really don't care about the theft or random dumping by Baritus 8 months ago any more. Someone dumped a lot of cheap DGC, to me it doesn't matter who, why, how or what happened. 8 months is a long time in the crypto world.

Baritus has gone - if you have an issue with him then take it up with him, why are you still bothering the DGC community with this ?

It's really nothing to do with the rest of us. Personally I lost interest in this subject a long time ago and look forward to the future.
techbytes (OP)
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:55:39 AM

Not DGC, baritus.

~BCX~

I am going on record and speak for the Foundation.  Baritus has giving up development to the Foundation and has transferred all related domains and databases to the Foundation.  We have full control of the digitalcoin website and forum.  We have a new github account in place for the DGCV3 update and baritus does not have access to this account. 

Baritus is not involved in the development of DGC now or in the future.  He is part of the DGC community through his project with CryptoAve.  Anything baritus does from here on out related to DGC or not does NOT mean that he is still the developer for DGC. 

As for the claimed stolen DGC, it has no effect on the Foundation one way or the other.  BCX, if you still want to know the truth about the stolen DGC, then you need to take that up with baritus and not with DGC community or Foundation.

As for this fundraiser, you pretty much killed it for DGC.  If the Foundation agree, I will lock this thread and let the Foundation manage on its own to come up with the million DGC.  If we ever need help, we will turn to the community for support.

Also, the only reason I'm not replying to your PM is because I don't want you to twist my words and tell people what you want them to hear.  So I'm not ignoring you.  Not yet at least. 

-tb-
Foundation Treasurer

Almost good enough.

The "stolen DGC" does indeed have an effect on the DGC Foundation.

Me being here is proof enough.

Until the DGC Foundations takes a stand on the "theft" one way or another

It will remain a liability for DGC.

~BCX~

You being in here is only because you have a hard-on for baritus and nothing to do with DGC.  As for liability, the majority could care less so what you think is meaningless.

Foundation already took a stand and if you can't understand that, we can't help you there. 

-tb-

iampingu

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:34:52 PM

x-11 isn't enough for anything to be protected, if there was Chinese mining farms involved.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:36:34 PM

You being in here is only because you have a hard-on for baritus and nothing to do with DGC.  As for liability, the majority could care less so what you think is meaningless.

Foundation already took a stand and if you can't understand that, we can't help you there.  

-tb-

The DGC Foundation has not taken a stand on Baritus, it has taken a non stand.

The only reason the DGC Foundation will not take a stand against Baritus is because it is nothing more than a front for Baritus.

No one is fooled by this, like no one was fooled by the mystery employee theft that compromised his personal unsecured Windows machine LOL

This is an attempt to make it appear Baritus is gone because you know he is a huge liability.

If The DGC Foundation will at least openly admit the whole Baritus theft episode is suspect, I will leave DGC alone and drop this.

I have nothing against DGC.

If you're thinking that X11 or merged mining will save you I can hardly wait for reality to hit.

~BCX~

There's nothing for anyone to 'admit'. Baritus has gone, and that's the end of it.

If you don't believe this then you can go fuck yourself. I'm done reasoning with you.
techbytes (OP)
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:45:27 PM

You being in here is only because you have a hard-on for baritus and nothing to do with DGC.  As for liability, the majority could care less so what you think is meaningless.

-tb-

The DGC Foundation has not taken a stand on Baritus, it has taken a non stand.

The only reason the DGC Foundation will not take a stand against Baritus is because it is nothing more than a front for Baritus.

No one is fooled by this, like no one was fooled by the mystery employee theft that compromised his personal unsecured Windows machine LOL

This is an attempt to make it appear Baritus is gone because you know he is a huge liability.

If The DGC Foundation will at least openly admit the whole Baritus theft episode is suspect, I will leave DGC alone and drop this.

I have nothing against DGC.

If you're thinking that X11 or merged mining will save you I can hardly wait for reality to hit.

~BCX~

Seeing as you can't be reason with, you are now on ignored.  You do your things and Foundation will do theirs.

-tb-

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: