Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:39:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UBX shares 12.5 x inital offer price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3984 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 04:11:27 AM

UBX shares sell at 12.5 BTC initial offer price of 1 BTC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 04:23:32 AM

Nice.  Combined with the run-up in Bitcoin value, that's a tidy profit!  Or did you include that in your calculations?

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 04:25:33 AM

its called lucky. Cheesy
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 04:51:39 AM

Nice.  Combined with the run-up in Bitcoin value, that's a tidy profit!  Or did you include that in your calculations?

the real point here is that the stock exchange, GLBSE, is up, running, and a viable source of funding for concept companies willing to issue shares.  Nefario has done an incredible job pulling this together along with Genjix and its working well.  as an initial investor in UBX, i am extremely happy at the return on my investment in such an incredibly short period of time.  as the price of BTC continues to go up you get a multiplier effect in stock shares.  stocks will go up even more than the currency.  b/c GLBSE is so new, no one has bothered to look at stocks as an investment vehicle like they have the BTC trade thru MtGox.  until today when someone hit my outlier price of 12.5 BTC.  as more ppl figure out that this is a cheap way to invest in BTC, there will be a rush to buy shares; any shares.  as Bob Hoye, of Institutional Advisors, fondly likes to recall of the gold mining stocks like Homestake Mining post 1932, investors were calling gold mining companies and if someone answered the phone they hung up and bought their shares.  if you're looking for value go to GLBSE.
Anth0n

Activity: 144
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 06:56:18 AM

I like the idea of a stock exchange, but unfortunately I am a non-technical person who cannot get it working properly. When running bmc.py, I get "ImportError: No module named M2Crypto.util". However, I installed everything as instructed. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 07:15:02 AM

the real point here is that the stock exchange, GLBSE, is up, running, and a viable source of funding for concept companies willing to issue shares.  Nefario has done an incredible job pulling this together along with Genjix and its working well.  as an initial investor in UBX, i am extremely happy at the return on my investment in such an incredibly short period of time.  as the price of BTC continues to go up you get a multiplier effect in stock shares.  stocks will go up even more than the currency.  b/c GLBSE is so new, no one has bothered to look at stocks as an investment vehicle like they have the BTC trade thru MtGox.  until today when someone hit my outlier price of 12.5 BTC.  as more ppl figure out that this is a cheap way to invest in BTC, there will be a rush to buy shares; any shares.  as Bob Hoye, of Institutional Advisors, fondly likes to recall of the gold mining stocks like Homestake Mining post 1932, investors were calling gold mining companies and if someone answered the phone they hung up and bought their shares.  if you're looking for value go to GLBSE.

hmm...like this? http://bitcoinweekly.com/articles/the-global-bitcoin-stock-exchange-and-why-it-matters

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 07:25:03 AM

It really needs a GUI though.
sandos

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 08:21:29 AM

Yeah, I am a developer and I was put off by the complexity of getting it up and running!

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 01:21:41 PM

Yeah, I am a developer and I was put off by the complexity of getting it up and running!

lack of a GUI is definitely a problem.  i think Genjix is working on it but its slow b/c he's involved in so many other things.  someone who has the time should contact Nefario and help write a program real fast.  until that happens trading will be slowed down.

having said that, i'm a non techie and i got Cuddlefish to help me get bmc.py set up.  once that was done it is very simple to do everything you want.  in fact, that black terminal screen gives me alot of confidence that nobody can look over my shoulder.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 01:24:19 PM

I like the idea of a stock exchange, but unfortunately I am a non-technical person who cannot get it working properly. When running bmc.py, I get "ImportError: No module named M2Crypto.util". However, I installed everything as instructed. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

Anton,  i 'm on a Macbook Pro using VMWare to run Win7 and it runs perfectly.  i couldn't get it set up myself either.  Cuddlefish helped me.  contact him or Nefario and they can help u get set up.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 01:25:53 PM

hmm...like this? http://bitcoinweekly.com/articles/the-global-bitcoin-stock-exchange-and-why-it-matters

its clear from the price action of btc and stock that Wall Streeters are snooping around.  this is early and now's the time to get in.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 01:36:50 PM

UBX shares sell at 12.5 BTC initial offer price of 1 BTC!

i should mention i've only owned these shares for a week and a half.
bracek

Activity: 530

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 01:42:37 PM

where can I buy those UBX shares ?
Smiley
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 01:47:08 PM

where can I buy those UBX shares ?
Smiley

go to glbse.com and install on Windows.  u might want to pm nefario or cuddlefish to help u install.  its tricky but worth it.  take the time to do it b/c then you'll have buying opportunities at your fingertips.  i'm upset b/c Dwolla deposits to mtgox have delayed my btc buying dramatically.  with glbse's software u can just tx btc directly in to a receiving address with NO intermediaries.  very slick.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2011, 02:11:36 PM

With regards the client, I'm adding the final pieces of functionality to the command line client and then begining work on an easy to use, no install web client.

So a nice easy to use web interface is on the way. A little patience please though.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 02:16:31 PM

With regards the client, I'm adding the final pieces of functionality to the command line client and then begining work on an easy to use, no install web client.

So a nice easy to use web interface is on the way. A little patience please though.

that we don't have Nefario!  well, maybe some of us Wink
bracek

Activity: 530

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 02:29:58 PM

what methods of funding are available ?
how can i get money there?
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2011, 02:43:23 PM

Well, since it's the GLobal Bitcoin Stock Exchange (GLBSE, or Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Sex Exchange if you want), the funding is with bitcoin, and you get it there by installing the client, and sending bitcoin to your account.

See here for more http://glbse.com

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Anonymous

May 13, 2011, 03:37:30 PM

Its bitcoin only.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 04:24:02 PM

Cool.  I'm being patient - just not using it until it's... easier.  Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: