Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:09:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Small Business Startup Ideas  (Read 3937 times)
jcrubino

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:26:56 PM

I'm working out a way to make a musician's hub based on bitcoin.
Like a production label centered on Bitcoin, but I don't code in PHP nor do I have that big a finance

I am interested in an idea similar to this for a global audience.

PM to riff on ideas

JR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coinbuddy

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:06:33 AM

Did you saw my thread of Tanks Game?
Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:22:31 AM

Bitcoin Android application programming site with automated orders.

I've got the Java knowledge but I'm clueless with PHP.

If you think it's a good idea, I'll formally pitch my idea to you in a PM.

If u know JSP, it would not take more than a week to have a moderate PHP knowledge.
Hah. I'll go check it out.

Jerrryr

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:54:29 PM

If you have an ideal I have a domain. Also might have a few funds to go with it .I recently launched a website www.coindomains.com and have a few thousand coin related domains, check them out and if you have an idea that  can benefit all involved , post it. Im willing to do what I can. Thanks

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:14:31 PM

Maintain a commercial branch & implementation of OpenBazaar (FLOSS) and do a profit split with them? (by "commercial," I mean figure out a way of charging usage fees)
sushibi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:45:25 AM

If you have any idea of starting a small bitcoin business but lack finances or expertise to build it, post its and let's discuss. Maybe we can start something.

Profit and work is split 50-50.

Looking for a partner at www.yocrypto.ca. IF it's something that's up your alley let me know =)
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:12:13 AM

Currently i am operating a gaming / crypto forum (IPB) however, I noticed that there are pieces of software that I wanted to purchase, one being IP Nexus and the other being IP Download, with both and a crypto gateway, I could basically open up a digital/crypto marketplace. The total cost would be around $200ish mark and I am willing to let you keep 100% of the profits until you double your initial investment (We can probably sell exclusive advertisements within the marketplace). ~ Afterwards, I will probably make the whole marketplace free or as close to free as possible. I figured it something we can talk about, if not, i will probably implement all myself after my next Adsense payment.

This is nice. I do want profits but more importantly I want to work on something. What can we (I) do to improve afterwards?

I was thinking that you could continue to focus on the market area, while I would migrate towards other niches. I was already testing some examples, and we could do setup a social media campaign ontop of the crypto structure. So a user could sell his digital work for crypto OR choose to accept a tweet / facebook like / google +.

There is a lot of room to grow, but again, I am a programmer with limited time, however I am sure we can work something out.
wobber (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:45:02 PM

If you have any idea of starting a small bitcoin business but lack finances or expertise to build it, post its and let's discuss. Maybe we can start something.

Looking for a partner at www.yocrypto.ca. IF it's something that's up your alley let me know =)

The website is beautiful. What are your plans with it and what kind of help do you need?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
jcoin200

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:17:52 PM

I've been working on an idea for a gaming site where people could play, and post challenges in bitcoin.  So wager a certain amount, and if someone wants to accept the challenge they can try to beat it, and the best score wins.  Could also have head to head gaming where you can wager in btc.  Could also have prizes for high scores daily/weekly.  Site would probably get most money from ad revenue.
wobber (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:32:48 PM

I have a question for everyone that would be interested to start up something:

What is the best approach to team up, given the fact is very hard to meet face to face? I am interested how we can trust each other and what kind of system we could set up so none of us could run away with the business, it's assets or profits?

elm
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:50:26 PM

What is the best approach to team up, given the fact is very hard to meet face to face? I am interested how we can trust each other and what kind of system we could set up so none of us could run away with the business, it's assets or profits?

I dont have the solution but I am very interested to see the answers to Your question
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:26:43 PM

rocketlawyer.com

--> Joint Venture agreement <--
elm
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:53:39 PM

rocketlawyer.com

and if one partner will run with the coins? how will You bring back the coins?
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:01:00 PM

I think the best way is for a Skype identity verification. Possibly the person shows you his I.D. After that, you fax him over an agreement. You make sure though that you pay him in fiat instead of bitcoin. It makes a big difference in court.

Since it's also a join venture, you state in your contract with your partner the plan.
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:43:49 PM

Well, there is one BTC project with min investment - profit for many years.
But more smart will be not to do anything - too many projects in the market  Grin
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:16:44 AM

I'm a PHP developer with a sound knowledge of SQL and databases if you need me for anything Smiley
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:17:23 AM

rocketlawyer.com

You sue.

And if someone runs off with the coins, they are gone no matter how much verification / how close you know them. Also regardless of a court order. In the document just specify that you are agreeing to say $5,000, and that $5,000 is equivalent to "x" amount of BTC. In the event of a party breaking the deal / falling through they are required to pay the other party "x" amount of $fiat instead of BTC.
elm
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:56:57 AM

rocketlawyer.com

You sue.

And if someone runs off with the coins, they are gone no matter how much verification / how close you know them. Also regardless of a court order. In the document just specify that you are agreeing to say $5,000, and that $5,000 is equivalent to "x" amount of BTC. In the event of a party breaking the deal / falling through they are required to pay the other party "x" amount of $fiat instead of BTC.

thanks, thats what I thought. how about giving the coins in one trusted hand?
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 06:38:02 AM

Well in relation to my venture... you would still have rights over the script at first and dont have to transfer them over until after your at least recoup.

As for funding, in relation to the market, we can keep that in a coinbase vault and have a multi sig option, with devthedev as an escrow? Maybe a 2 out of 3 system?

Again, there is still a lot of room for this to grow Tongue
wobber (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:52:08 PM

I dedicated some full days to look on the Project Development subforum. My impressions so far:

There are lots of talented people that can do amazing stuff.  Saw many ideas that haven't got the chance to go more than a draft. Guys, a failed idea is one that is not implemented! If you have the skills to do something, try it! You don't need much money to start and you shouldn't invest much at the beginning.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: