Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:08:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who needs anon coins?  (Read 1863 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:04:06 AM

With the logic that if I don't need or use it then why does it exist... no wonder Bitcoin itself isn't widespread yet.

Normal people are saying why do they need bitcoin when they only use cash and credit cards....

Didn't you say that earlier in other words with another account here ?
I think your getting some exercise with account juggling LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:23:26 AM

i seen a recent story (Coindesk) how Bitcoin was tracked by a new study.
made me think it would be possible to do the same method with other coins.
..using cross referencing.

and you have to read the story to see what i mean (it's sort of hard to re-explain)

with enough data and enough time and enough effort you can track most of the activity going on
and the researchers proved it.. fancy terms aside they simply used cross referencing the most powerful hacker tool man ever seen !
especially when you own the internet.. anyone that takes one step inside it is owned.. or would be if given enough time.

if it runs it can be cracked.. you know WHY crackers have said that for decades ?
because it's true LOL

so this anon shit just make me laugh.. its called whack a mole
it's just a futile pile of bullshit as far as i am concerned and the anon-coin shit won't go anywhere.
the majority of people are not worried about extreme levels of privacy.. they don't need it !
let' side step the tech bullshit and put it this way..
if i wanted to use Bitcoin or Litecoin for example to do deals for Crack or Guns or Terrorism...
it could be done fairly easily enough that Anon coins won't be a thought.. unless the guy said earlier like a new wallets system with inbuilt browser tech or something
as in some kind of hardcore revolution in features that are so awesome it gets adopted world wide fast.. and get real that ain't happening.

Anon coin supporters are delusional idiots and why would they say they don't support Drugs but run around advertising the tools for buying them ? (anon coins)
Me ? i don't care if people do drugs really i just hope people keep it away from Minors.. as in don't blow weed smoke into the faces of little kids etc..
most of my life i smoked pot but quit about 7 years ago i think and i just lost interest and had enough but if others wanna smoke privately then who cares let 'em !

Why do we need a private crypto coin for dope smokers anyway ? Shouldn't we just fix the fucking laws instead of trying to hide ?
What do i care if ISIS or some faggot wants to buy AK's and grenades to shoot up a school ?
As in why should i want to support their privacy to evade laws ? Fuck em !
They get caught then tough titty LOL ..screw em !
I could of have bought drugs or what ever easily on Silk Road waaaaay back but i didn't because i'm not a fucking idiot LOL
Fuck all that shit and the idiots pushing ANON COINS.. they are doing it to make money off market prices ..they don't give a fuck about anon shit.. it's a facade !

Take for example NXT and the cadence cobolsky topic posted today..
Supposedly this women works for health care. so...
why would a health care worker be pushing an Anon coin on the web after work that is used to buy crack and guns illegally ?
why ?
cash money guys and girls Wink
selling the tools to Terrorists to line your pockets with cash is convenient ain't it LOL
That is like a cop advertising & selling "SilkRoad Coin" to Meth dealers so they can do ANON transactions for drug deals  hahahHAA
but hey.. famous last crypto-words......... as long as i make a few Bitcoin off it right then it's fine ?

true-asset

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 09:22:13 AM

If I use Electrum and generate a new address for each transaction, is that not enough?

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:34:47 AM

What I've noticed though that no anon coins are used there. It's just Bitcoin (and sometimes Litecoin). No Dark XC Cloak Monero and so on.
It proves my belief that all anon coins are more or less marketing gimmicks with no real world usage, and very unclear perspectives.

What it proves is that these projects are newer and smaller than Bitcoin or Litecoin, and some important projects i this area aren't even released yet. If there is still no usage several years in the future you will turn out to be correct, but it is by far premature to make that pronouncement now. It is very similar to looking at Bitcoin around the time of the 10K BTC pizzas or even earlier and saying people are just using fiat so Bitcoin is more or less a marketing gimmick with no real world usage, and very unclear perspective.

dNote

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 02:10:55 PM

You can call it anonymous, but i call it Privacy Protected.
Privacy is one the fundamental Human Rights.
Also by hiding your wallet balance your stay protected against bad guys who want to steal your funds. You never keep open your bank balance, do you?
And do you want your payment and messages to be censored or controlled by the "rules of network"? Do you want to play that rules?
Do you know more anonymous currency that cash $?
I just want to say that:

1) Privacy absolutely does not mean crime, it is terrible to think so.
2) If you need to keep your balance open for taxes, accounting, etc, you always can deanonymise yourself with paylink, opening your tracking key, etc.
3) Look at DarkNote, if you do not want to use it as anonymous privacy protected cryptocurrency,  you can send encrypted untraceable message, that can`t be censored.

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 03:27:35 PM

If I use Electrum and generate a new address for each transaction, is that not enough?

no matter what your computer does it still sends out data from your home IP address etc.
you have to look at things in a larger scale.. step back.. WAY back and see the overview.

The US govt long ago seized all internet backbone relays on US soil for starters
and they have compromised TOR and can seize any VPN at will pretty much with a quick bench warrant.
any US based company will have to and WILL comply with the cops / feds etc
even this very forum !
so when you own the ISP your on the TOR network your going to use the VPN and the forum and everything in between your screwed.

It's not a conspiracy, it's a reality.. privacy has been compromised on a colossal scale and the US has a nifty little tool.. Legal Warrants !
Then after that they can use Bribery such as in the Bin Laden case.. they hijacked and intercepted a targets cell phone calls
then they paid an informant as much money as it took to get a contact phone number for someone Bin Laden talked too
then they waited for him to connect the link and they had 'em.. and all it took was buying a Saudi a Lamborghini LOL

And i would rat out any of you guys for a few hundred thousand dollars i bet..
Just imagine it.. you will not get found out so no one will know but you will get 500k cash for a phone number.. most people would take it.
or they threaten you with jail time.. choice is yours cash payment or jail.. what ya gonna choose ?
THEN..
they the US gov employe's one of the biggest group of elite hackers on the web that can fabricate exploits..
and they are working on expanding that currently by trying to remove the FBI pot smoker law
that states they can not hire informant / hackers etc that have been involved with Marijuana etc ever.
I guess they said i seen in an interview by an FBI rep on TV that a LOT of hackers have smoked pot before and this limits their abilities of who they can hire.

Snowden just touched the tip of the iceberg i think when he said they had a *suspected terrorist target before that bought a computer..
they had the PC sent directly to them and they installed a brand new custom made BIOS virus / trojan on him that gave them powerful capabilities.
then the FBI etc sent it to the victim and later they used it to arrest the guy..

So.. think about it..
My first hop on a trace route from my ISP is a DOD registered US Govt Server and i am in Canada.. which is a backbone relay server.
and if they called the police here and said i was a terrorist my police would contact my ISP and they would hand me over or spy on me in a heart beat.
such as when the secret service in Canada here on behalf of the USA intercepts and monitors Cell Phone activity in all major transit locations
as the RCMP here admitted recently (saying just for terrorists)
Then they can send FBI to the doorstep of the forum operator here and tell him he is going to jail on the spot or hand over Spoetnik's IP address
Then they can do the same to any place really such as the Github staff who host wallets or the coin web site's hoster
and often these companies will not even notify the clients they are hosting for..

you see they can keep sealing up all corners and then aggregate the data to paint a picture
and the key would be to have a enough sample of data to build a picture that is accurate enough..
this is exactly what researchers did with Bitcoin too !
as in you would have to go onto the internet enough or use a coin enough etc in some cases to break strong security..

the bottom line is it will never ever matter what is between points A & B if you control both points.
you can simply stand at the finish line with a knife and fork and wait for your victim.. cross referencing.
..while guys think they are secure because they run 100 different levels of security in between points A & B
so running 100 encryption programs on your computer won't do a damn fucking thing !
all that does is stop amateurs ..

Pro Tip:
Google search what happened not long ago to the infamous TrueCrypt drive encryption program LOL

Don't fall for the Anon coin gimmick bullshit like Monero coin guys

true-asset

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 04:09:33 PM

No because with Bitcoin your transactions without heavy mix is like a nuclear submarine route viewed from space by satellite, a giant red arrow directly to where you are.

Okay, my bad. Lets start again.

Say I used stealth addresses, and still each address only once.

Now, the addresses are never send across the wire, so NSA has no record attaching the address to me.

Using a different address for each transaction prevents analysis of me transaction history.

So I am in the clear now right?

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:24:03 PM

No because with Bitcoin your transactions without heavy mix is like a nuclear submarine route viewed from space by satellite, a giant red arrow directly to where you are.

Now, the addresses are never send across the wire, so NSA has no record attaching the address to me.

Using a different address for each transaction prevents analysis of me transaction history.

No because anyone to whom you send coins or anyone who sends coins to you can trace them through you and see where they came from or where they go. That includes businesses who share this information to data brokers for datamining (advertising, credit scoring, etc.) purposes, turn it over to the NSA, etc. Some linkages of your payments can also occur without address reuse, because you may use coins from multiple incoming transactions in one outgoing transaction or vice versa, or you may receive coins repeatedly from a common source (salary, rent payments, etc.)

You need both mixing and stealth to prevent this kind of blockchain analysis.

true-asset

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 04:37:46 PM

No because anyone to whom you send coins or anyone who sends coins to you can trace them through you and see where they came from or where they go. That includes businesses who share this information to data brokers for datamining (advertising, credit scoring, etc.) purposes, turn it over to the NSA, etc. Some linkages of your payments can also occur without address reuse, because you may use coins from multiple incoming transactions in one outgoing transaction or vice versa, or you may receive coins repeatedly from a common source (salary, rent payments, etc.)

The analysis of inputs and outputs can tie several addresses together yes. However, with stealth addresses, you never actually give out your address across the wire (its just generated by the other side deterministically), so there is no way to attach an address to your person by searching thorough emails, SMS and IM right?

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:42:05 PM

The analysis of inputs and outputs can tie several addresses together yes. However, with stealth addresses, you never actually give out your address across the wire (its just generated by the other side deterministically), so there is no way to attach an address to your person by searching thorough emails, SMS and IM right?

That is correct. Posting an address does not hurt you with stealth addresses. No question that is an improvement over reused Bitcoin addresses. It just isn't enough to address the issue of blockchain analysis, though even there it still helps compared to just using one static address for many transactions.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: