Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:50:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC just flatlined  (Read 1551 times)
g27wr (OP)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

I like guns.

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:23:01 AM

HUGE sell wall at over 22k coins. How low do you think the price will go?

Tomorrow morning could be a great time to buy some cheap BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:27:27 AM

Bitcoin always does the opposite of what the mass market think it seems, everyone is starting to think its going down so i'd bet on it going up soon.  Weak hands being shaken.
g27wr (OP)

I like guns.

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:33:14 AM

While that may be true, it's going to be a while before it goes up. That's a tall wall, if it stays.

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:35:42 AM

While that may be true, it's going to be a while before it goes up. That's a tall wall, if it stays.

putting up a wall like that is just to scare the price down, the whale has no intention of selling 30k bitcoin like that else they would do it quietly at likely higher prices.
H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:35:51 AM

Bitcoin always does the opposite of what the mass market think it seems, everyone is starting to think its going down so i'd bet on it going up soon.  Weak hands being shaken.
In trading betting against the market sentiment is very risky because there are more possibility to lose the trade than to win in near term. Unless you are a long-term investors and are believing the potential of bitcoin.

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:40:48 AM

In trading betting against the market sentiment is very risky because there are more possibility to lose the trade than to win in near term. Unless you are a long-term investors and are believing the potential of bitcoin.

I dont think its going up just yet but not long off.  $266 bubble took everyone by surprise and so did the $1200 china bubble. it seems to happen right when the majority least expect it.  Now the market seems to be doubting another bubble so i think we'll see another bubble pretty soon ish.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 01:43:38 AM

Ive been reading posts for the last 6 months saying it will go up. Really no one knows.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4435

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:46:38 AM

Bitcoin always does the opposite of what the mass market think it seems, everyone is starting to think its going down so i'd bet on it going up soon.  Weak hands being shaken.

I dont think its going up just yet but not long off.  $266 bubble took everyone by surprise and so did the $1200 china bubble. it seems to happen right when the majority least expect it.  Now the market seems to be doubting another bubble so i think we'll see another bubble pretty soon ish.

first week of october 2013(last year)
price was $125, went down to below 100.. then boom rise to 1200 before christmas. first of october is a new financial year for americans. thus now thy have their taxes sorted they can buy in again for a fresh start Cheesy

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:37:09 AM

first of october is a new financial year for americans. thus now thy have their taxes sorted they can buy in again for a fresh start Cheesy

No.  Most americans and most companies do not elect for a different fiscal year, following the Jan-December calendar year for taxes.  The federal government uses a fiscal year of Oct-Sep, but very few companies use that (April - March is the 2nd most common, behind Jan - Dec).

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4435

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:29:08 AM

first of october is a new financial year for americans. thus now thy have their taxes sorted they can buy in again for a fresh start Cheesy

No.  Most americans and most companies do not elect for a different fiscal year, following the Jan-December calendar year for taxes.  The federal government uses a fiscal year of Oct-Sep, but very few companies use that (April - March is the 2nd most common, behind Jan - Dec).

i might be corrected then..
as many contact i have, sold out in september to make their accounting favorable for tax for the end of the financial year (sept 30th), and are now buying back in due to new financial year(oct 1st). the paperwork on the other hand does not have to be submitted yet.

i double checked if what they had to say was even half right
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year#United_States
1st quarter: 1 October 2014 – 31 December 2014
4th quarter: 1 July 2015 – 30 September 2015

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
g27wr (OP)

I like guns.

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:41:56 AM

AND HERE WE GO....DOWN DOWN DOWN

TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:51:47 AM

And supported by good buying again at just under the 300 levels
I agree that this could be a fab time to add some coins

tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:34:49 AM

And supported by good buying again at just under the 300 levels
I agree that this could be a fab time to add some coins

My thinking as well.
Just paid all my bills for Oct., have some extra playing money so bought a few BTC's and a few more Hashlets.
 Smiley

(And if BTC goes down more, I'll pick up a few more... Tongue)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 08:33:04 AM

i might be corrected then..
as many contact i have, sold out in september to make their accounting favorable for tax for the end of the financial year (sept 30th), and are now buying back in due to new financial year(oct 1st). the paperwork on the other hand does not have to be submitted yet.

i double checked if what they had to say was even half right
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year#United_States
1st quarter: 1 October 2014 – 31 December 2014
4th quarter: 1 July 2015 – 30 September 2015

You are correct, most companies that work for/with the Federal government have their fiscal years start Oct. 1. I work for government contracting companies and that has always been my fiscal year. Being overseas you probably have more exposure to these types of companies than those not connected to the government.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
chenka563

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:44:23 AM

$250!or more less.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
☆★☆ High ROI Bonds |  Long, Medium and Short Term Options | Bitcoin Bond Network ☆★☆
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: