Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:23:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] 1 bitfury v2.2 h-card (PCIe connector)  (Read 1012 times)
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 02:56:13 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 11:58:26 PM by allinvain

Hi everyone. I'm wondering if anyone has 3 of the new PCIe style h-cards (v2.2) that they're willing to sell for a reasonable price. Three of them died on one of my bitfury rigs and although it's not a "must have" it would be nice to get back that lost hashing power. Quite the shame they died out of the blue like that - they were not even clocked high in any way and they were properly cooled. Anyways, send me a PM or post here if you have some cards for sale.

Thanks!

--update -- turns out only one card is truly dead so I'm now looking for just _ONE_ card!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 12:24:43 PM

bump...

daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:12:16 PM

I know you checked to make sure they hashed in another slot you know is good. Had 2 cards go out last week on my v2.2 rig but it appears only one is bad and something else is wrong with that M-board. Go figure...
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 02:00:07 PM

I know you checked to make sure they hashed in another slot you know is good. Had 2 cards go out last week on my v2.2 rig but it appears only one is bad and something else is wrong with that M-board. Go figure...

I'm actually working on that. I haven't had much time lately to mess around with it, so I figured I'd open a thread to see if someone has some h-cards just in case the cards are 100% dead. If experience is anything to go by it will likely end up that at least 1 or more cards are completely dead. I've had 2 h-cards fail on me, but so far I haven't had any m-boards go bad on me. I suppose it is possible the 3 slots are bad. The first card on that bus (the third  or "C" bus) is working just fine.

Since the cards operate on a chain something tells me the second card is dead and it's preventing the other 2 from hashing. I shall try that hypothesis later on tonight.

Btw, let me know when you get the m-board I sold you. Hopefully it will get all your cards hashing.

daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:11:19 PM

I'm actually working on that. I haven't had much time lately to mess around with it, so I figured I'd open a thread to see if someone has some h-cards just in case the cards are 100% dead. If experience is anything to go by it will likely end up that at least 1 or more cards are completely dead. I've had 2 h-cards fail on me, but so far I haven't had any m-boards go bad on me. I suppose it is possible the 3 slots are bad. The first card on that bus (the third  or "C" bus) is working just fine.

Since the cards operate on a chain something tells me the second card is dead and it's preventing the other 2 from hashing. I shall try that hypothesis later on tonight.

Btw, let me know when you get the m-board I sold you. Hopefully it will get all your cards hashing.

My first v2.2 M-board was a dud. Luckily MBP replaced it pretty quickly. Even then I can only get 12 cards to work on the replacement board, now down to 10. I have not played around with it too much either, so I should probably get on that. You know how finicky these rigs are and I am scared to even start moving cards around.

The board you sent should be here Monday.
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:19:21 PM

I had a card die yesterday and initially the web ui showed all 4 cards in that bank at 0 gh/s.  I moved cards around and reset the best.cnf to an auto clock file.  All of the cards are fine except for one.  It won't hash in any slot.  I bought this card in January so I requested an RMA on megabigpower. 
Taugeran

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:12:21 PM

I had a card die yesterday and initially the web ui showed all 4 cards in that bank at 0 gh/s.  I moved cards around and reset the best.cnf to an auto clock file.  All of the cards are fine except for one.  It won't hash in any slot.  I bought this card in January so I requested an RMA on megabigpower. 

Give en about a week or so to reply. Had 3/3 cards die on me a while back and they rma'ad them in 5-7 days

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 11:17:58 PM

My first v2.2 M-board was a dud. Luckily MBP replaced it pretty quickly. Even then I can only get 12 cards to work on the replacement board, now down to 10. I have not played around with it too much either, so I should probably get on that. You know how finicky these rigs are and I am scared to even start moving cards around.

The board you sent should be here Monday.

Does it not detect the extra cards at all or is it that it's unstable with anything more?

Yes indeed these rigs are finicky as heck and had I known this ahead of time I would not have bought them. The upside is that they're very power efficient.

Make sure you secure the cards in their slots as any vibration will knock them from the chain. That's usually the most common reason why hashrate mysteriously drops to 0. Also if you have the cards overclocked it's possible you pushed them too far.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 11:21:55 PM

I am of the opinion that these cards are just not engineered for 24/7 operation without failure. They will all die eventually; it's just a matter of time.

Btw, if any of you electrical engineering wizards out there want a dead v1.2 h-card for free let me know. I sent one to a guy in the UK a while back and he was able to revive it by replacing two components.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 11:57:36 PM

Well, the verdict is in. One of the cards is dead, but two are fine. I tried each one of the other 3 supposedly dead cards into the first slot of the known working card and all but one of them worked. So my original hunch turned out to be correct - the second card was dead and it was preventing the cards behind it in the chain from hashing.

I guess I should changer the title now Smiley

So I'm now looking for just _1_ h-card. Yayyyy!

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 02:09:57 PM

bumpiddy bump...nobody has any of these? Dang it! Smiley

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 11:56:36 PM

Meh, I give up. I'll just mine with them until they all die.

idecable

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:04:47 PM

I'm still looking for 4 v2.2 h-cards.
btljuice

Activity: 92

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:11:41 PM

I've got some v2.2 H-cards I could sell.
idecable

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:22:38 PM

I've got some v2.2 H-cards I could sell.

I'll PM you. Check your Inbox!
idecable

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:07:03 PM

btljuice: i dont know if you saw my reply in the private message.

Price is fair for your offer, I want to also pay for your shipping cost.

Hit me up!

Marc
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:47:49 PM

I have three in good condition never overclocked; ordered from MBP in January.  Has been Datacenter collocated.
Taugeran

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:12:02 PM

Well just had one card die on me a la regulator burning the output trace to a crisp.  Cry

Looking for 1 card

Pm prices

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: