Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:54:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will i get my dollars from bitcoinica? why cant i get my money now?  (Read 1568 times)
thest0ckman (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 09:15:08 PM

why is the site down untill monday? big deal it was hacked but now i dont have access to my capital until monday, maybe?

i have a cash balance there.

how can a "licensed" company shut down withdrawals and tell me we might be open next week, you might loose all you money(dollars).

zhou answer one question or someone with authority at bitcoinica tell me will i get my money or not?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 09:18:45 PM

why is the site down untill monday? big deal it was hacked but now i dont have access to my capital until monday, maybe?

i have a cash balance there.

how can a "licensed" company shut down withdrawals and tell me we might be open next week, you might loose all you money(dollars).

zhou answer one question or someone with authority at bitcoinica tell me will i get my money or not?

Be patient dude, everyone is in the same boat as you including myself.

Shit happens and we have to deal with it, stop complaining and get in line.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 09:19:30 PM

People pointed out you were being stupid in the other thread about Bitcoinica so you start your own thread to be stupid in? OK we'll just move over here to call you an idiot.

Ecommerce isn't like a brick-and-mortar store, sometimes the thief is still "in the store" long after the initial crime is committed. If Bitcoinica put their servers back up so you can pull out your money they could potentially lose whatever funds they put on said server to reimburse you. Welcome to the real world where we have to investigate breaches before putting the systems at risk again.

Of course you already know this because I'm not the first one to explain it to you. Now stop acting like a troll, put on your big girl panties and wait until Monday or Thursday or six weeks from now or however long the investigation takes.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 09:21:45 PM

If someone is murdered in the middle of a store, do you think they let customers continue going about as if nothing happened?  No - they lock down the store, then keep it closed until the situation is resolved.

The same thing is happening here.

Just be patient.
thest0ckman (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 09:24:38 PM

the first two responses were rude and unprofessional.

i see a very possible sorry bitcoinica is out of business message coming net week.

i have every right to ask questions. you have no right to insult me and call me names.

i run large businesses and would never insult potential clients. ill think twice now before using bit instant

pazor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 09:25:07 PM

yes!

welcome to the real world, where mybitcoin.com, bitscalper.com, mtgox.com and bitcoinica now exist...
 Grin

treuhand-Dienst gewünscht? - frag per PM an
BTC 174X17nR7vEQBQo4GXKRGMGaTmB49Gf1yT
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 09:28:44 PM

i see a very possible sorry bitcoinica is out of business message coming net week.

i have every right to ask questions. you have no right to insult me and call me names.

i run large businesses and would never insult potential clients. ill think twice now before using bit instant

How did I insult you?

How did I call you names?

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

enmaku

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 09:29:49 PM

Name the businesses please. I'd like to know where not to shop any more.
Blazr

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 09:34:11 PM

http://www.thestockman.org/

A unique combination of Financial and Website Development Services Brought to you by a 15 year Wall street veteran

Uses a template monster template for the website

enmaku

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 09:39:48 PM

http://www.thestockman.org/

A unique combination of Financial and Website Development Services Brought to you by a 15 year Wall street veteran

Uses a template monster template for the website

http://www.thestockman.org/blog.html

The animated gif of flashing lightning in the header was a nice touch.

OK if this is your business front, I'm fairly confident I would never have bought anything from you anyway - bullet dodged. A web designer that uses crappy template monster templates? Brilliant.

In all seriousness though, stop bitching and get in line. The more you complain the more you make yourself look like an idiot. We're not insulting you, you're insulting yourself - we're just pointing it out.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 09:42:11 PM

I would be fairly confident that you will get your funds back, by the way.
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 10:40:21 PM

why cant i get my money now?
At the moment, all indications point to the hacker having obtained root access to Bitcoinica's webserver.

That means that everything to do with Bitcoinica's webserver is now, potentially, under the control of the hacker. The fact that Zhou Tong took initiative and yanked the power cable doesn't change that; it just prevents the hacker from making use of it.

So before they put even one satoshi back in the hands of the webserver, they need to be certain that the hacker no longer has such control. To start back up the site when this is even remotely plausible is to risk a third heist less than 24 hours after the second.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 11:36:59 PM

Actually we do have that right. Do you know what projection is?  A little self-awareness will help you realize you're pissed at yourself for relinquishing control of your money to a party you didn't know.

BitInstant is an amazing company and they've gone out of their way to help consumers out in troubled times -- I specifically recall how they helped the community when TradeHill shut down.  Now your anger is causing you to lash out at people who did not cause you to be in the situation that you are in, but who are in the same situation as you and are handling it much better than you are.

R-e-l-a-x.  There's an old saying, "If there's a solution to the problem, then there is no need to worry.  If there is no solution to a problem, then worrying will do no good."

Patience, grasshopper.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 12:05:18 AM

If one of your businesses was broken into and $90,000 was stolen, would you continue to allow customers in the door immediately after?

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 03:18:10 AM

I think OP realized he reacted without thinking....hence the reason he stopped responding  Grin

mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 03:56:18 AM

People pointed out you were being stupid in the other thread about Bitcoinica so you start your own thread to be stupid in? OK we'll just move over here to call you an idiot.

Ecommerce isn't like a brick-and-mortar store, sometimes the thief is still "in the store" long after the initial crime is committed. If Bitcoinica put their servers back up so you can pull out your money they could potentially lose whatever funds they put on said server to reimburse you. Welcome to the real world where we have to investigate breaches before putting the systems at risk again.

Of course you already know this because I'm not the first one to explain it to you. Now stop acting like a troll, put on your big girl panties and wait until Monday or Thursday or six weeks from now or however long the investigation takes.

But don't you think it would have been better if they at least informed us something is going on?
I mean, why the hell did i even give those guys an email address?
This is like the 3rd time they got hacked and i have to find out through various posts from various people on a forum.
It's easy to call people idiots, but if bitcoinica fails to communicate these things then there will be people who havent got a clue and will be pissed off about it. Bitcoinica handles peoples money, they have a responsibility.

And who is the bigger idiot anyway, the idiot or the one caring enough to call him that?
I'm sure it made you feel better.
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 04:01:24 AM

Actually we do have that right. Do you know what projection is?  A little self-awareness will help you realize you're pissed at yourself for relinquishing control of your money to a party you didn't know.

BitInstant is an amazing company and they've gone out of their way to help consumers out in troubled times -- I specifically recall how they helped the community when TradeHill shut down.  Now your anger is causing you to lash out at people who did not cause you to be in the situation that you are in, but who are in the same situation as you and are handling it much better than you are.

R-e-l-a-x.  There's an old saying, "If there's a solution to the problem, then there is no need to worry.  If there is no solution to a problem, then worrying will do no good."

Patience, grasshopper.

Wait, people call him stupid and an idiot and HE is lashing out?
:?
I think you're blinded by your sense of community.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: