Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:46:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mybitcointrade.com | High Interest 2.5%-5%/w | 20% on Bonds| AAA- |Since 07/2011  (Read 21231 times)
support_en.mybitcointrade

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 10:57:09 AM

bin gerade auf dieses thema gestoßen
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94900.0

ihr steht da auf platz 2!!! vllt solltet ihr euch darum kümmern dass ihr von dieser liste entfernt werdet. is ja schwachsinn!

auf dieser liste steht so wirklich jeder....

micon hat sich im forum angemeldet und ab dem 20sten post hat er nichts anderes gemacht als betreiber als scammer zu betiteln.
Ich habe mich bereits mit ihm per pm unterhalten.
Er ist der meinung mybitcointrade.com ist betrug. auch wenn in nun über einem jahr noch nie jemand auf seine Btc warten musste.

gruss smart

Translation:

Nearly anybody can be found on that list.

As soon Micon reached 20 posts, he did nothing else but calling everyone a scammer.
I already talked with him via PN.
In his oppinion mybitcointrade is a scam. Even if in the whole running time (over 1 year), never anyone had to wait for his btc.

greets
smart
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 11:56:41 AM

In his oppinion mybitcointrade is a scam. Even if in the whole running time (over 1 year), never anyone had to wait for his btc.
It's an *obvious* scam. If for no other reason, because there is absolutely no way to verify if a claimed loss is due to any actual investment loss or not. That one factor alone is enough to label an investment a scam.

There is no legitimate investment where you go to the guy you invested with and he can say, "Oh, I'm sorry, your investment lost money", and that's all he tells you. In *every* legitimate investment, when a loss it taken, the investor has some kind of explanation of how the loss was incurred, evidence that the funds were actually invested in something that had a legitimate expectation of earning a profit, and so on.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 03:06:43 PM

For sure as long there are only wins, no-one will really ask where the money comes from.

How do you know we won't give an explanation in the case of lose?
As soon there will be loses, we will give an explanation why and what happened. Not at least for not losing our members. We're are here for communication and since the beginning we're behind our customers, that's the way we stay on.

We gave an explanation how we earn money, not sure if a (more?) legitimate investment is doing more?
See the last announcement post to see the different points where the coins are invested in for our projects.

Regards
Simon
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 03:40:50 PM

For sure as long there are only wins, no-one will really ask where the money comes from.
Except several people are asking that, including me.

How do you know we won't give an explanation in the case of lose?
I don't. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that you haven't committed to doing that. With legitimate investments, the investors know what they're investing in so they can assess the risks and assure themselves that both profits and losses are legitimate.

As soon there will be loses, we will give an explanation why and what happened. Not at least for not losing our members. We're are here for communication and since the beginning we're behind our customers, that's the way we stay on.
It's too late at that point. If you say, "Sorry, I lost all your money. I said it was high risk. I went to Vegas and put it all on black. Here's proof I did that," what can an investor do? Of course if they knew you were going to do that, they never would have invested.

We gave an explanation how we earn money, not sure if a (more?) legitimate investment is doing more?
Except the explanation is totally implausible and totally unverifiable. Every Ponzi scheme has an explanation of how they are going to make money. They're often implausible and always unverifiable.

To date, every single HYIP has proven to be a scam. And I do not believe an honest person would pitch a legitimate scheme in such a way that only a person who would fall for a HYIP scheme would invest in it.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that your scheme is totally legitimate and you really do have some incredibly way to make money that you must keep secret for it to work. Of course, there is no way anyone can verify this. So anyone who would invest in your scheme would also invest in an identically pitched scheme that was a Ponzi scheme. And since every HYIP to date has proven to be a scam, the odds that yours is a scam, as estimated by a reasonable investor, have to be somewhere around 99.99%. It is a pretty incredibly stupid thing to invest in a Ponzi scheme -- we all know that the average such investor must lose money. So you are intentionally pitching an investment that you know only an idiot would invest in. Personally, I can think of only one reason you would do that.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 04:21:56 PM

I think we won't come to any conclusion and are running in circle with the discussion.

Again, I can fully understand your reasonable doubts on our case.
Yes this whole thing sounds too good to be true (and in most cases everything that sounds too good to be true, is too good to be true) and me as external person would think, that's just a matter of time until it crashes.

We're currently thinking about a solution to prove the work we're doing.

I say thank you JoelKatz for your interesting thoughts, it's hard to stay objectiv when you are in the subject.

Regards
Simon
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 04:34:54 PM

I think we won't come to any conclusion and are running in circle with the discussion.
That's only because you know that it's not in your interest to publicly come to the only possible conclusion.

Again, I can fully understand your reasonable doubts on our case.
Good, so do you agree with my conclusion? Or do you think there's some error in my reasoning?

Yes this whole thing sounds too good to be true (and in most cases everything that sounds too good to be true, is too good to be true) and me as external person would think, that's just a matter of time until it crashes.
So do you agree that anyone who invests with you is a fool? You agree that it sounds too good to be true. And you agree that no externally available evidence suggests otherwise. Wouldn't you agree that someone would have to be a fool to invest under those circumstances?

We're currently thinking about a solution to prove the work we're doing.
But wouldn't you agree that so long as there is no such proof, investing would be absolutely foolish?

I say thank you JoelKatz for your interesting thoughts, it's hard to stay objectiv when you are in the subject.
I agree that it's impossible for you to be objective. If you were objective, you'd have to admit that every rational investor would conclude you're most likely scamming and wouldn't invest with you.

Whether or not you think I'm being objective, I'm at least documenting the reasons for my conclusions. You have yet to explain where you think I'm in error when I say that only a fool would invest under the terms you are offering. And, unlike you, I personally have nothing to gain or lose either way. In fact, if you were making persuasive arguments, I'd have every incentive to agree with you because claiming you are a scam, should you later be shown not to be a scam, harms my reputation. And my reputation is all that I have at stake. Unlike you, who have a financial stake.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 07:18:28 PM

There is always more than one possible conclusion (regardless the topic).

I don't need to agree to your conclusion just because I understand your thoughts and no I don't agree.

Seems my world is a 'little' bit brighter than yours. (No offense Smiley )

I don't agree, that anyone who is investing in a potential scam is foolish, because if it turns out that it wasn't a scam you're the fool who missed it. Of course only invest with care in anything, especially on the internet.
I would agree with the 'fool', when you're saying someone is investing his whole money (or a very large amount) in something like this or similiar, but in this case it wouldn't even make a difference if it's a possible scam or a fully legitimate (high) risk fond.

In my eyes it's not foolish, but it has something to do with the trust in the coins and also of course with the trust in the people. Obivously there are many people out there who trust us (thank you at this point) and also some who don't. I'm repeating myself when saying, it's impossible to satisfy everybody.

For later I think it won't affect your reputation that/if you're wrong, because you're just saying what you think and have (as told by yourself) good reasons to think that way.

Regards
Simon
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 07:28:56 PM

I don't agree, that anyone who is investing in a potential scam is foolish,
Could you perhaps address the arguments I actually made rather than restating my specific arguments as vague generalities.

Let's try it again:

"Every legitimate investment provides the investor with some way to reasonably confirm that the money invested is actually used as promised and that both claimed profits and claimed losses have in fact been earned or incurred as claimed."

Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2012, 01:44:55 AM

News*

Because of some current changes on our script the page is currently in mainteance, when all works fine it will be up again during this day.

More information to follow.

Regards
Simon
cyberlync

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 08:18:08 PM

Any news with regards to the maintenance?

Giving away your BTC's? Send 'em here: 1F7XgercyaXeDHiuq31YzrVK5YAhbDkJhf
sarpar

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 11:22:57 AM

Judging on your login activity you must have seen the request for an update by now. What's going on? You have been offline now for too long without update!!

I openly boycott the Bitcoinica Consultancy team or Intersango: Donald Norman, Patrick Strateman and Amir Taaki

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 04:30:04 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2012, 04:50:41 PM by support_en.mybitcointrade

News* (Update)

The website is expected to go online this night (CET), there is an issue which takes much more time to solve than expected, we're sorry for this.

Please pay attention:
DO NOT send coins to old bitcoinaddresses you have probably saved to your computer, we generated new addresses for every user, so again please don't use the old ones.

Regards
Simon

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2012, 03:40:08 AM

News*

Mybitcointrade.com is up again, but due still running mainteance it's currently not possible to add funds.
Withdrawals are working with a delay.

Sorry for the long time it took, but we are still not finished completely with our security updates.

Pay out for the fonds of the last 2 days will be transferred during the day.

Regards
Simon
sarpar

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 11:38:51 AM

News*

Mybitcointrade.com is up again, but due still running mainteance it's currently not possible to add funds.

Sorry for the long time it took, but we are still not finished completely with our security updates.

Regards
Simon
Withdrawals are NOT working

I openly boycott the Bitcoinica Consultancy team or Intersango: Donald Norman, Patrick Strateman and Amir Taaki
Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2012, 04:19:42 PM

News*

Regards
Simon
Withdrawals are NOT working

Agreed, withdrawals aren't working at the moment. Could someone please into this? Thanks!

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2012, 05:21:04 PM

We're sorry again for the issues, withdrawals should really work now.
As little bonus for your waiting time, we increased the rates of the savings by 1%.

If there are any errors left, please let us know.

Regards
Simon
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2012, 05:50:27 PM

We're sorry again for the issues, withdrawals should really work now.
As little bonus for your waiting time, we increased the rates of the savings by 1%.

If there are any errors left, please let us know.

Regards
Simon

Damnit, withdrawals weren't working, so I decided to reinvest most of the BTC instead.
Now withdrawals are working again _and_ the rates got increased Sad

Oh well Sad

sarpar

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 05:54:48 PM

Withdrawals still DONT work for me. Can other confirm?

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2012, 06:15:14 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2012, 06:52:51 PM by support_en.mybitcointrade

Other users are reporting in working withdrawal, please wait a bit, because the withdrawals are still delayed.

@sarpar:
Please let me know, if you're withdrawal didn't make it through within ~2hours and we'll have a manually look into your account.

@Mushoz:
Can you please give me your userid via PN, so we can have a look at it, if you really didn't get the 1%, you'll get it of course Smiley

Regards
Simon
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2012, 06:53:56 PM

Withdrawals still DONT work for me. Can other confirm?

Withdrawals are working for me now. Didn't take much longer than a few minutes I think. I was eating while I received the withdrawal.

@Mushoz:
Can you please give me your userid via PN, so we can have a look at it, if you really didn't get the 1%, you'll get it of course Smiley

Regards
Simon

Thank you very much for the offer! Will PM you my userID now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: