Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:15:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: America's Choice - Liberty or Sustainable Development  (Read 3523 times)
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 03:48:17 AM

Give me liberty or give me.... sustainable development!

Sustainable development requires regulation. So you're correct, one or the other, but not both. A perfectly free market will not yield a steady state economy. What it will yield is a very efficient exploitation of the lowest hanging fruit. Just look at both history and in the contemporary economy for numerous examples.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 02:16:13 AM

Sustainable development requires regulation. So you're correct, one or the other, but not both. A perfectly free market will not yield a steady state economy. What it will yield is a very efficient exploitation of the lowest hanging fruit. Just look at both history and in the contemporary economy for numerous examples.

Your first statement is complete horse shit. Put the word "sustainable" into YouTube and see how many people are taking action thru education and implementing local sustainable development BECAUSE IT WORKS not because some jackboot forced them to!
FirstAscent

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 03:27:04 AM

Your first statement is complete horse shit. Put the word "sustainable" into YouTube and see how many people are taking action thru education and implementing local sustainable development BECAUSE IT WORKS not because some jackboot forced them to!

Examples of entities engaging in implementing sustainable development is not evidence of a lack of entities developing super efficient methods to exploit dwindling resources, nor evidence of the lack of entities taking advantage of harvesting the lowest hanging fruit. It's really important to understand that.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 10:07:19 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2012, 10:24:37 AM by TECSHARE

It is more important to understand reality, than semantics. Your narrow view of reality is in fact SUPPORTING the very thing you think you are fighting. There have been many publicly documented plans for decades to use green initiatives and "sustainable development" as a mechanism for implementing world government, and more importantly international global taxes. Look into what the IMF and The World bank are doing lately?

You are fighting for an illusion, and you are the vehicle of delivery of this plan running around spouting lots of indirect and obfuscating rhetoric to which you provide no substance, directly serving these corrupt cartels you claim to have distaste for. These are not stupid people. They have a method to sell to everyone, anything they want. An abuse for every belief system. I suggest you type less and read more.
FirstAscent

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 04:54:31 PM

You are fighting for an illusion, and you are the vehicle of delivery of this plan running around spouting lots of indirect and obfuscating rhetoric to which you provide no substance, directly serving these corrupt cartels you claim to have distaste for. These are not stupid people. They have a method to sell to everyone, anything they want. An abuse for every belief system. I suggest you type less and read more.

There is nothing obfuscating or indirect about my posts. One needs to only look at humanity and observe. Of course it helps if you're willing to commit yourself to actually learn and research facts, rather than insist that some particular political ideology will magically make the nature of greed disappear.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 02:12:30 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2012, 12:45:20 PM by TECSHARE

You are fighting for an illusion, and you are the vehicle of delivery of this plan running around spouting lots of indirect and obfuscating rhetoric to which you provide no substance, directly serving these corrupt cartels you claim to have distaste for. These are not stupid people. They have a method to sell to everyone, anything they want. An abuse for every belief system. I suggest you type less and read more.

There is nothing obfuscating or indirect about my posts. One needs to only look at humanity and observe. Of course it helps if you're willing to commit yourself to actually learn and research facts, rather than insist that some particular political ideology will magically make the nature of greed disappear.

You are applying some perceived ideological prejudice you have upon me and not listening to the words I am speaking, but instead being refractory. My very point from the beginning is that committing to education, and facts is what will dismantle the problem, because sustainable systems ARE BETTER and more efficient. Bottom line, the current system is BOUND to fail, and can not continue in a physical sense. Political ideology has nothing to do with it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: