Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:16:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What Analytics-Subscription Service do you subscribe to?
S3052 - 24 (28.9%)
Waveaddict - 23 (27.7%)
Cypherdoc - 12 (14.5%)
None - 24 (28.9%)
Total Voters: 65

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Analytics-Subscription Services  (Read 1727 times)
da2ce7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 01:37:03 PM

What Analytics-Subscription Service do you subscribe to?

S3052: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1493.0

Waveaddict: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63880.0

Cypherdoc: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74587.0

If there is a Analytics-Subscription service I'm missing, please post it below.

One off NP-Hard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 02:40:59 PM

Not only I don't pay for their opinion I have them on ignore.

Started doing this since cypherdoc started his. (He is a retard btw but they all are)
It's nothing more than the self-fulfilling prophecy effect of lots of lemmings doing as they told.
da2ce7 (OP)
Legendary

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 03:17:49 PM

Started doing this since cypherdoc started his. (He is a retard btw but they all are)
It's nothing more than the self-fulfilling prophecy effect of lots of lemmings doing as they told.

Maybe... But it is interesting to have their opinion... Maybe just to see what way the lemmings are running... However I do mostly agree with cypherdoc's take on the US markets...

Maybe not so-much with his take on Bitcoin.

One off NP-Hard.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 03:26:07 PM

Suit yourself.

But I actually like Waveaddict and later Cypherdoc for starting theirs it makes the whole lemming effect less effective. Because with only one opinion to dictate it actually works.
Now what we don't know is if they are collaborating behind everyone's back but that would imply that they don't believe in their own predictions making them hypocrites and their subscribers opportunists. (it would work again)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 03:48:39 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2012, 06:40:49 PM by cypherdoc

Electricmucus, you are a piece of work, lol!

That's ok, you're entitled to your opinion.  You just have a very nasty way of expressing it. Wink

I can assure you all we don't collaborate on our opinions.  In fact s3052 has publicly disagreed with me multiple times.  Look it up.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 04:32:06 PM

The vast majority of cyperdoc's newsletters focus on nonbitcoin markets.  I really doubt your lemming theory applies there, yet he has demonstrated impressive accuracy.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
da2ce7 (OP)
Legendary

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 04:37:22 PM

The vast majority of cyperdoc's newsletters focus on nonbitcoin markets.  I really doubt your lemming theory applies there, yet he has demonstrated impressive accuracy.

+1

Cyperdoc has a strong grasp of what is happening in the broader economy.   How much that directly affects the Bitcoin is what I question.
(*well the independence of the Bitcoin to the rest of the world’s economy)

One off NP-Hard.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 05:07:04 PM

Don't subscribe anymore.  I do sometimes still use S3052s public updates as contrarian indicators.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 05:16:25 PM

None.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 06:53:48 PM

I had been subscribed to S3052, but I doubt I will continue it.  These services IMO can only benefit those with a lot of money to play with, at this point of maturity in the BTC market.

And honestly, the last few reports have just been boring as hell.

Cuz ya know, "the price is finally stable!"   Grin

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 07:06:06 PM

so with my service only being open for a mere 42 days, how do we adjust for that?
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 08:49:45 PM

I had been subscribed to S3052, but I doubt I will continue it.  These services IMO can only benefit those with a lot of money to play with, at this point of maturity in the BTC market.

Hi Buddy,
you are right that the bitcoin market got a bit boring lately, but I still think it is better to protect people from wrong trades and be boring than to lure them into bad and loss-making trades.

The boring times will end quite soon...

da2ce7 (OP)
Legendary

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 01:38:15 AM

So, some qualification I think is in order for this poll.

My first attempt to gleam some statistics on how many subscribers the analytics-subscription services have was shot-down (quite appropriately) under privacy for the other subscribers.

That is why I made this poll, so people could choose to volunteer that information, if they choose. (And I gather, because they would find the result interesting, or for their own benefit).

Personally, I have been a long-term subscriber of both S3052’s analysis, as well as Cypherdoc’s (relatively new, been around for just over a month), services.  The number of subscribers should have very little indication on whether the service is of high quality or not.

S3052’s service is great.  He (other than when the price went to 1.99) has kept a very level head, providing good analysis on the Bitcoin charts, and markets.  I really like the fact that when the Bitcoin market is boring he doesn’t jump at shadows.
If you ignore his short-term analysis (really how do you do short-term analysis in a market as unpredictable as bitcoin?), his analysis has been a great tool in getting a good picture of the (a) technical analysis prospective of Bitcoin.

On the other hand I think that cypherdoc’s service is great also!  He focuses on more of the fundamental analysis of the real-world markets, not particularly so much on bitcoin.  His analysis has been spot-on and dead on time.  It is remarkable to listen to someone who has such a great ‘feel’ for the wider markets.
The other great thing about cypherdoc’s analysis is that he takes the time to explain how he got to such a position, logically portraying his thought processes, teaching the subscribers how to analyse and critically think about the markets as he.

While S3052 and cypherdoc both seem to be perma-bulls, one can take that into account when reading their analysis.  As I often think… It is just another prospective in to be taken account of, while I will still make my own trading decisions.

One off NP-Hard.
Crypt_Current

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 03:45:22 AM

Hi Buddy,
you are right that the bitcoin market got a bit boring lately, but I still think it is better to protect people from wrong trades and be boring than to lure them into bad and loss-making trades.

The boring times will end quite soon...

Thanks for the inspiring new prediction, pal  Wink

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Crypt_Current

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 03:50:04 AM

The number of subscribers should have very little indication on whether the service is of high quality or not.

S3052’s service is great.  He (other than when the price went to 1.99) has kept a very level head, providing good analysis on the Bitcoin charts, and markets.  I really like the fact that when the Bitcoin market is boring he doesn’t jump at shadows.

I agree:  S3052 is very professional in delivery and his product is one of high quality.  He definitely does a good job IMO of staying objective, even when the market IS boring.

But, boring market = little profits; little profits --> no extra funds to subscribe

It's nobody's fault and everybody's fault  Grin

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 05:47:30 AM

The number of subscribers should have very little indication on whether the service is of high quality or not.

I agree:  S3052 is very professional in delivery and his product is one of high quality.  He definitely does a good job IMO of staying objective, even when the market IS boring.

But, boring market = little profits; little profits --> no extra funds to subscribe

Everyone with more than 5,000BTCs should join my new service.  For a monthly fee I'll spare you from the boring details of technical analysis and simply tell you to buy or sell.  Naturally, I'll do my fiduciary duty and publicly troll in the opposite direction.  Also, I only accept payment in USD through Dwolla.   Grin

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Crypt_Current

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 06:31:59 AM

Everyone with more than 5,000BTCs should join my new service.  For a monthly fee I'll spare you from the boring details of technical analysis and simply tell you to buy or sell.  Naturally, I'll do my fiduciary duty and publicly troll in the opposite direction.  Also, I only accept payment in USD through Dwolla.   Grin

Sounds alot like naima's rich-people club or whatever it was...

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 06:53:42 AM

I consider pay services to be fundamentally at odds with the idea of open source so I would avoid them on principle even if I was tempted to subscribe for other reasons.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 07:38:39 AM

What Analytics-Subscription Service do you subscribe to?

S3052: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1493.0

Waveaddict: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63880.0

Cypherdoc: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74587.0

If there is a Analytics-Subscription service I'm missing, please post it below.

While this is a good intent, I doubt that this will provide real useful information. For instance, many of my subscribers do not at all or not regularly visit the forum and won't bother to vote here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: