Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:28:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Pays What?  (Read 36735 times)
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 07:40:46 PM

Seems to me that the best (i.e. highest yielding) choices out there now are Bitcoin Rain, Patrick's Kraken Fund (if you got in, if not then Kraken 2 is forthcoming), and Smart1985's mybitcointrade.com. Also, I believe DeaDTerra's Gamma Bitcoin Fund will be a strong offering once he finishes realigning the portfolio.

Thoughts?
I will be working on turning the portfolio around Wink
I am almost done liquidating all bad assets, I have a handfull left that I need to dump.
Then I am going to be looking for more liquid capital to put in our newly update arbitrage and margin bots.
//DeaDTerra

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:29:00 AM

I would like to provide some insight into what was going on as I mapped out the mechanics of what I thought was going on to Pirate last week.  It had taken me a while to work out the money flows, and he confirmed that I had it pretty much straight. 

So you figured out his profit model? was it market arbitrage or private loans?  Roll Eyes

Anyway, back on topic, working my way through the lending section - deposit offerings are pretty scarce.
Like everyone else I will be looking to park my coins later today if Pirate pays out.

I am really hoping you will have some space in either your 1% offering or your Kraken fund.

Indeed.  Slim pickings at the moment, but these coins are going to be burning a hole in my pocket.   Roll on Kraken 2.

Don't you hate it when counting imaginary coins burns holes in your pocket.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
jcpham

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Your Argument is Irrelephant

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 03:29:22 PM

Mr starfish, I'd just like to say that I have no intention of submitting myself to any lists or rating systems that might be imposed here but I'd love to lend you some coins or otherwise do business with you sometimes.
PatrickHarnett (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:02:50 PM

Mr starfish, I'd just like to say that I have no intention of submitting myself to any lists or rating systems that might be imposed here but I'd love to lend you some coins or otherwise do business with you sometimes.

Thank for the offer for future business.  The ratings are not "imposed", they are voluntary. 
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 08:44:42 AM

RustyRyan added to the OP. 
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 01:31:58 PM

So you figured out his profit model? was it market arbitrage or private loans?  Roll Eyes
Most likely PH was either just lying to make other people feel it's safe to put more money into these schemes, or he explained his thoughts to Pirate, who said yes to what ever he said, and then PH would feel he was very clever who figured it out and tell everybody else there's no problem.
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 05:12:02 PM

Most likely PH was either just lying to make other people feel it's safe to put more money into these schemes, or he explained his thoughts to Pirate, who said yes to what ever he said, and then PH would feel he was very clever who figured it out and tell everybody else there's no problem.
I highly doubt PH would risk is reputation to pump more money into them. 

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
cytokine
Donator

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 05:25:13 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2012, 05:39:13 PM by cytokine

WRONG. PH said this:

For the doubters, they would say he was simply lying and stringing me along, but that could be said of most people on the forum.  

That is, PH figured out a way that Pirate could be using to make the money, and pirate confirmed it was accurate. That's all PH said and nothing more.

Now, I personally don't think Pirate is a fraud based on this information, but I also know it's possible that pirate may have lied to PH (or perhaps was honest but something went wrong with his high risk venture)... we'll all know soon. Therefore, Pat's reputation is not on the line here at all no matter what happens with Pirate. Pat never said Pirate wasn't risk free, in fact, he specifically marked his pirate pass-throughs as "high risk accounts" for a good reason!

Don't put words into people's mouths.
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 06:45:31 PM

I certainly do not think I was lying or encouraging people to invest in BS&T.  Irrespective of if I worked out exactly what Pirate was doing, I have determined a way to consistently obtain HYIP style returns off bitcoin and it would run for about 12 months.  I would have to also comment that the process is favourable for bitcoin because it increases the price and adoption, but most people wouldn't like to know how controlled the bitcoin market would be.

I include the relevant piece from my last pm from Pirate for information.

You just about hit the nail on the head.  My clients play with a lot of money and it only seems to grow each month.

Thanks,

-pirate
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 06:51:20 PM

I include the relevant piece from my last pm from Pirate for information.

You just about hit the nail on the head.  My clients play with a lot of money and it only seems to grow each month.

Thanks,

-pirate

So...you have had ZERO contact with him since the 15th ?

I can say with the utmost certainty, for those who did not do their due diligence early enough, the 'trail' seems to be getting shorter by the day, as I continue to come across information on the internet that has been removed, edited or obscured in some fashion, in some weak-sauce attempt for him to try and hide now.

What exactly does this type of behavior do for your confidence in him ?

Wouldn't he be better served in trying to return funds rather than trying to suppress as much public info about him and others as possible AFTER THE FACT ?

Are you guys keeping quiet because you are SCARED of him ? or TRUST him ?

I'm just asking questions....right ?

PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 07:48:18 PM

and . . . . . we're way off topic as usual

(as a boring BTW, I've only ever sent 37 and received 25 pm's to Pirate in total over the span of nine months - most were trivial like withdrawal request/confirmation pairs, or people pestering for referrals.  Most of my deposit customers never hear from me either so that is not a useful metric.)
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 07:50:09 PM

and . . . . . we're way off topic as usual

Not really.

This thread is WHO PAYS WHAT ? .....and as it were, Pirate pays NOTHING.

Please respond to the above.

Gladamas

Activity: 294

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:12:39 AM

Hello Patrick,

Have you considered adding Vescudero to the list? From his thread:

When are you gonna be on WPW?

I don't know, I contacted Patrick some time ago but I didn't get any reply back.

You were on WPW originaly (that's how i found you), i was wondering why not anymore also..

Patrick decided not to list anyone in that thread unless they first submit their info to him and obtain a credit rating.

Victor, do you have any intention of getting a credit rating from Patrick?

I already sent him my credit data and even got my postal address verified through senbonzakura that also vouch for me before Patrick. Nevertheless this was several weeks ago and as I said, I have not received any answer from Patrick since then.

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
WifeOfStarfish

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 04:14:22 AM

I'm offended on Patrick's behalf (he probably won't be). He does not tell lies!

Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 10:50:26 AM

I'm offended on Patrick's behalf (he probably won't be). He does not tell lies!
I actually tend to agree that the alternative explanation seems more likely.
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:18:09 PM

Hello Patrick,

Have you considered adding Vescudero to the list? From his thread:

I already sent him my credit data and even got my postal address verified through senbonzakura that also vouch for me before Patrick. Nevertheless this was several weeks ago and as I said, I have not received any answer from Patrick since then.

Yes he did send data some time ago, and over the past day have updated for a couple of additional items - he is now listed in the OP.
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:23:36 PM

Interesting that there's an exact negative correlation between credit score and interest rate: pick any two deposit takers with a different credit rating, and the one with the higher rating offers a lower interest rate.

It's entirely understandable though.
TehZomB

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:45:07 PM

Interesting that there's an exact negative correlation between credit score and interest rate: pick any two deposit takers with a different credit rating, and the one with the higher rating offers a lower interest rate.

One could say that's the price you pay for peace of mind.
I'd much rather have my money with Patrick at 2/3 or even 1/3 the rate of other deposit takers because IMHO Patrick is the most trustworthy deposit taker on this forum.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 02:20:18 AM

Works this way everywhere. Bonds that have low credit scores are "junk bonds" and pay high interest, while AAA bonds pay interest lower than inflation.
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 04:06:03 AM

Works this way everywhere. Bonds that have low credit scores are "junk bonds" and pay high interest, while AAA bonds pay interest lower than inflation.
Yeah I was looking at USD CD's lately...
5 year super-cd with a minimum of 100K...
wait for it...
1% APY

/facepalm
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: