Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:59:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 07:55:25 PM

The Android Throne app is still about a week away because we decided to include some extra bits after testing. Really looking forward to it being available.

I've got a test version. In my Nexus 5x and it's looking great.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheHiveMind

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 03:35:03 AM

After detailed analysis our drones have a small, but potentially useful announcement.

The Hive would like to bring the Crown community's attention to the fact that in the top approx. 100 addresses there are a total of 45 addresses that haven't been touched in over a year & in some cases over two years. All of which amount to the grand total of 2,464,691 CRW.

Thrones=2,760,000
Untouched wallets=2,464,691

Sum of total Crown off markets= 5,224,691

Effective coin supply then, can be imagined to be about half of the total when including all of the coins locked in collateral.

With deep curiosity,

~ The Hive ~
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 05:37:37 AM

After detailed analysis our drones have a small, but potentially useful announcement.

The Hive would like to bring the Crown community's attention to the fact that in the top approx. 100 addresses there are a total of 45 addresses that haven't been touched in over a year & in some cases over two years. All of which amount to the grand total of 2,464,691 CRW.

Thrones=2,760,000

Effective coin supply then, can be imagined to be about half of the total when including all of the coins locked in collateral.

With deep curiosity,

~ The Hive ~

over how long were you scanning the chain?
Mavricks

Activity: 77

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 07:52:38 AM

Thrones=2,760,000

With deep curiosity,

~ The Hive ~
Great to bring to attention! I believe that CRW will make new heights.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 08:04:01 AM

Thrones=2,760,000

With deep curiosity,

~ The Hive ~

I'll leave it to somebody else to give a view on this but I do know that a small number (one or two) of those addresses have been lost forever.  

This coin has been as low as 50 sats in the last year and members of the original team kept it going.  I suspect that most of those addresses are original investors who didn't cash out when Crowncoin wasn't worth anything. Lucky people.

There are 1.5m coins that appear to be owned or at least controlled by one person.  This needs to be explained.
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 10:13:14 AM

Thrones=2,760,000

With deep curiosity,

~ The Hive ~

I'll leave it to somebody else to give a view on this but I do know that a small number (one or two) of those addresses have been lost forever.  

This coin has been as low as 50 sats in the last year and members of the original team kept it going.  I suspect that most of those addresses are original investors who didn't cash out when Crowncoin wasn't worth anything. Lucky people.

There are 1.5m coins that appear to be owned or at least controlled by one person.  This needs to be explained.

I can confirm atleast 185k are burned forever.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 10:18:25 AM

Thrones=2,760,000

With deep curiosity,

~ The Hive ~

let see if how this can be explained and who's holding this amount of coin, just keep buying little by little.
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 10:35:02 AM

Thrones=2,760,000

With deep curiosity,

~ The Hive ~

I remember this all very well, someone bought in this time last year with huge volume and bought from sub 100 sat to over 1200 sats.

Brave saying not much was happening here
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 11:58:50 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2016, 12:46:40 PM by crowncoin_knight

Thrones=2,760,000

With deep curiosity,

~ The Hive ~

I remember this all very well, someone bought in this time last year with huge volume and bought from sub 100 sat to over 1200 sats.

The former Crowncoin team - 5 people + myself hold cca 1.8 to 2m coins (myself at 1.4m now - from which 300k I am holding for someone else) . I have been here from the very beginning and have been investing 10k eur in the coin in the last 2 years - development of the coin (mergedmining, naming, timestamping, web, etc) and buying on a market when coin had no value, believe me this was sometimes extremely frustrating - I was the one who at least 7 times avoided delisting from c cex. I strongly believed in Crown and I knew in my heart it will succeed one day. After old team members left because of lack of faith, new guys here - defuctec, stonehedge and chaositec came from the sky. And now our team has 12 members from Australia through Europe to US - we can say we are a worldwide team.

As one of the core team members and a co-founder of this coin, I only want Crown to succeed - I am and will be constantly contributing to further development from my holding. I said this before, my approach is: "first in last out"

I hope this will answer some questions above and show the community we are as open as possible.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 12:47:30 PM

Thrones=2,760,000

With deep curiosity,

~ The Hive ~

The former Crowncoin team - 5 people + myself hold cca 1.8 to 2m coins (myself at 1.4m now - from which 300k I am holding for someone else) . I have been here from the very beginning and have been investing 10k eur in the coin in the last 2 years - development of the coin (mergedmining, naming, timestamping, web, etc) and buying on a market when coin had no value, believe me this was sometimes extremely frustrating - I was the one who at least 7 times avoided delisting from c cex. I strogly believed in Crown and I knew in my heart it will succeed one day. After old team members left because of lack of faith, new guys here - defuctec, stonehedge and chaositec came from the sky. And now our team has 12 members from Australia through Europe to US - we can say we are a worldwide team.

As one of the core team members and a co-founder of this coin, I only want Crown to succeed - I am and will be constantly contributing to further development from my holding. I said this before, my approach is: "first in last out"

I hope this will answer some questions above and show the community we are as open as possible.

Thanks for your honesty, I couldn't ask for anything more.

I confirm crowncoin_knight has been here from literary day 1 and has invested 1000s of pounds. He single handedly paid for Domob to do all the coding this time last year... i guess it was CCK that bought to 1200 sats.

Also, at current supply, i calculate CCK is only up 80%-100% on his initial investment of 10k euros.

Not much really.

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 01:29:26 PM

Thrones=2,760,000

With deep curiosity,

~ The Hive ~

The former Crowncoin team - 5 people + myself hold cca 1.8 to 2m coins (myself at 1.4m now - from which 300k I am holding for someone else) . I have been here from the very beginning and have been investing 10k eur in the coin in the last 2 years - development of the coin (mergedmining, naming, timestamping, web, etc) and buying on a market when coin had no value, believe me this was sometimes extremely frustrating - I was the one who at least 7 times avoided delisting from c cex. I strogly believed in Crown and I knew in my heart it will succeed one day. After old team members left because of lack of faith, new guys here - defuctec, stonehedge and chaositec came from the sky. And now our team has 12 members from Australia through Europe to US - we can say we are a worldwide team.

Thanks for your honesty, I couldn't ask for anything more.

I confirm crowncoin_knight has been here from literary day 1 and has invested 1000s of pounds. He single handedly paid for Domob to do all the coding this time last year... i guess it was CCK that bought to 1200 sats.

Also, at current supply, i calculate CCK is only up 80%-100% on his initial investment of 10k euros.

Not much really.

I guess the issue isn't entirely about whether we trust CCK to use his stack responsibly, the community needs to feel comfortable with that too.

For what its worth, I have literally no concerns about 10% of the current coin supply being owned by the longest running team member with another 3% being controlled by him. The fact the coins haven't moved in so long hints towards him playing the long game.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 09:56:04 PM

I'm working hard on an idea I have for a crypto based gambling system.

Ofcourse I wouldn't dishonor the Crown and build it for another coin, the first coin to be added will be Crown.

I'd just like to know, is there any demand for a betting game, on which you can use CRW to bet and is strongly related to Crown?
TheHiveMind

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 10:17:17 PM

The Hive is grateful for the transparency about coin holdings. This community will do far better with open communications than without.

We also see that there was a large buy on the exchange. This time it wasn't our 3 bitcoin....

~ The Hive ~
mia_houston

Activity: 1204
Merit: 539

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 04:04:36 AM

The Hive is grateful for the transparency about coin holdings. This community will do far better with open communications than without.

Yeah agreed I also thanks for the transparency about coin holdings

We also see that there was a large buy on the exchange. This time it wasn't our 3 bitcoin....

~ The Hive ~

Wait seem i missed something here what was a large buy on the exchange did you mean another whale ? sorry..I just want to learn more about CrownCoin and invest some BTC to CrownCoin
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 05:02:47 AM

Yeah agreed I also thanks for the transparency about coin holdings

~ The Hive ~

Wait seem i missed something here what was a large buy on the exchange did you mean another whale ? sorry..I just want to learn more about CrownCoin and invest some BTC to CrownCoin

It was most likely an arranged buy on the exchange between 2 users. I personally didn't even see the order myself.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 05:47:17 AM

I'm working hard on an idea I have for a crypto based gambling system.

Ofcourse I wouldn't dishonor the Crown and build it for another coin, the first coin to be added will be Crown.

I'd just like to know, is there any demand for a betting game, on which you can use CRW to bet and is strongly related to Crown?

I do not see a problem with a unrelated gambling service, though I personally would not be using it.  I think it would be fine for this service to run via the currency of Crown, but I do not think it would necessarily be a good idea for the Crown website to be directly connected to the gambling aspect.  This connection might serve to delegitimize how the coin is viewed.

This is a personal prject, not tied to core team in any way Smiley
MaCaucasian

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 07:55:02 AM

Hello my fellow coin people. My friend recently introduced me to this great coin and I think this could be the start of something great. The problem is I'm a pro Bulgarian peasant and have no money so I would much appreciate some generous donations from you kind hearted people. If you find it in your hear to support an innocent poor Bulgarian I will be forever grateful.

[CRW] deposite address:
13cTKBVDXphxjPeUsKjvtuXc78oLc7w7FB
TheHiveMind

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:12:11 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2016, 03:52:54 PM by TheHiveMind

Hello my fellow coin people. My friend recently introduced me to this great coin and I think this could be the start of something great. The problem is I'm a pro Bulgarian peasant and have no money so I would much appreciate some generous donations from you kind hearted people. If you find it in your hear to support an innocent poor Bulgarian I will be forever grateful.

[CRW] deposite address:

We see that you are quite the pleb. Your people seem to have a stark lack of Crown.... also known as zero.

Have you considered taking out a loan to buy Crown?

~ The Hive ~
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:38:31 PM

Here's a very interesting article about Ethereum Casper, probably the highest profile attempt to supersede Proof of Work using collateral based consensus.  The end product is still a form of Proof of Stake though.

https://blog.ethereum.org/2015/08/01/introducing-casper-friendly-ghost/

Some common criticisms that I have gathered from t'internet (Thanks to Herman Schoenfeld)

No longer P2P - Casper fundamentally changes the network topology from a Peer-2-Peer (P2P) network where all peers participate in the protocol equally to a "distributed Client-Server" network where one class of peers (validators) have special privileges over another class of peers (nodes) within the protocol itself. This is a fundamental difference from PoW and impacts security and redundancy. First of all, it's not "nuke proof" like the Internet was supposed to be (whether real or legislative nukes). Similarly, like Client-Server the Casper-driven Ethereum network suffers from a single point of failure problem (it's 250 points in casper). Suppose that during a staking period that all the validators happen to be geo-located within the same jursidiction (e.g. the EU). Suppose that this jurisdiction then passes laws to outright (or effectively) ban Ethereum due to it's challenge to banking/economic status quo. Those validators will shutdown overnight and the network will be permanently down. This is a realistic scenario. Note with PoW, this can't happen since new miners can easily spring up outside that jurisdiction and the network can resume where it left off.

Violates protocol neutrality - In a P2P network, all peers participate equally in terms of the protocol. For example, in Bitcoin distinctions between nodes, miners, lightweight clients are independent of the protocol. At any one time any node/miner/lightweight peer can freely convert to any other without impacting any other peer. Not so with Casper. Validators are effectively bound to their status, ordinary nodes cannot independently elevate their status, and worst of all, ordinary peers are forced to accept the status of validator peers. There might be a tonne of attack vectors lurking inside here.

Introduces stakeholder risk-coupling - In PoW, a miner who mints a bad block does not affect the profitability of a miner who mints good blocks. Not so in Casper. The bad actions of one validator can influence the profitability of a good validator. Casper adds economic disincentives to mitigate these scenarios and stop bad validators from minting bad blocks, but this approach assumes that bad validators are rational economic actors. What if a validator is compromised by a hacker or shutdown by a Government? What if a validator is infected with malware? In these real-world scenarios, validators may not act rationally. As a result, other validators (and the network itself) will not be protected.

Stakeholders batton-passing problem - Another coupling issue with Casper is that new validators must be approved by a suitable set of old validators. This is fundamentally different to PoW where miners can begin/cease mining independently of each other (0-coupling). Have the implications of this been researched. What attack vectors can exploit this?

BitTorrent analogy - Just think, if all the entertainment industry had to do was capture 250 peers to take down the entire BitTorrent network permanently, do you think BitTorrent would be around today? If Ethereum really does challenge the status quo, how hard will it be to take down the 250 validators? UPDATE A sustained DDOS attack on the validators could realistically achieve this.

If you want to read the full discussion between Schoenfeld and Ethereum staff, here's the link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4euiut/fundamental_problems_with_casper/

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:45:21 PM

Sorry, couldn't resist quoting this  Wink

In the end, Bitcoins will attain their true economic value of zero. But as long as Bitcoin, and similar 'crypto-currencies' persist, the mining process will continue to damage the environment by wasting energy to no purpose.

The sooner this collective delusion comes to an end, the better.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-06/quiggin-bitcoins-are-a-waste-of-energy/6827940
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: