Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:03:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 07:02:48 PM

Whats this?:

https://github.com/Crowndev/crowncoin/commit/9a5ad2c

Who decided to lower the payments to miners again?

Were miners or CRW users consulted about this - if so, where?

We're conducting updates to the Dash codebase, which we use for Thrones.
In the new codebase is a governance fund where ideas and propositions can be voted on.

We decided to keep the governance code and allocate 10% of the coinbase reward to it.
This 10% needs to come from somewhere.

Also this code has not yet been released and is still in progress. We intend to
give a full breakdown of the new codebase and what changes have been made, before
we release the update to the public.

I'm aware that this code has yet to be released, that was not my question.

This change to miner payments & it's insertion into a future update gives the impression that "someone/people" have already decided it will happen without any consultation/consensus or debate with the mining community - at least the last time you reduced miners income there was some kind of debate about it - why not this time?

If "This 10% needs to come from somewhere", who decided it should be taken from miners income? Miners have already lost 40% of their income, isn't that enough? Why not take it from masternode payments? Or somewhere else?

If you look at it a bit more carefully you'll notice that this wasn't an update to the crown repo. but to my own. You would currently receive 0.6 CRW per block. and after the changes it would be 0.45 CRW. BUT as it has been noted. it has not been fully discussed and this is just a testing point for us.

There is a TON of changes. most of them were to update the base code to dash 0.12.0.x and bitcoin 0.11. During that there were a few adjustments to the code that needed to be sorted. Merged mining had to be added to the new repo. name stamping and timestamping still have to make it in there. A proper throne manager was added. as well as the ability to specify an aux pow address to mine to. no more mining to random addresses as an auxpow miner. One more thing i will be looking into is making it so miners arent able to change the block reward lower at will. currently there are some miners on the network that look like they themselves have built a client purposely to mine blocks that have a smaller reward than normal. It does burn off a few coins, but also changes some end game calculations. and ill make sure with the next update that is no longer possible.

I say it again:

The implementation of Thrones few months back increased market cap of Crown substantially, and made this project interesting to new community members. Miners benefited big time as well.

The relationship between miners and throne operators have to be in balance, therefore 45pct of rewards going to miners, 45pct going to Throne operators and 10pct to governance is a well balanced situation.

We are proposing this and the core team stands behind this idea.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 07:09:34 PM

Alright Just a quick announcement here. As most of you have seen I've been making some updates here. As well as on the github repo. And if you've looked carefully enough you'd probably have seen this coming from a mile away lol...

I'd like to formally let everyone know that I was recently hired by the Crown Team. Unlike most jobs I take on. I've actually taken a position in their team. And will be moving cities just to keep focused on my work. I will be moving to Quebec in the near future. And the Crown team is helping me with the move. I was planning on going to Quebec anyways and they offered to help me with my move to get me setup and working again. One of the requirements was that I make an announcement on my entrance to the team. And to notify my community at Transfercoin that I would not continue with my work there. Fortunately I was able to wiggle that into the agreement as well Smiley I will not be leaving TX as a whole. But I will continue working on TX when I have the spare time as a side project. I will continue to update you guys with my work on Crown. and do my best to help anyone with issues they may have. as well as trying to keep a bot on the so that there may be a few more profitable opportunities for traders. Let's see if you guys can outsmart it Wink
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 07:27:57 PM

Alright Just a quick announcement here. As most of you have seen I've been making some updates here. As well as on the github repo. And if you've looked carefully enough you'd probably have seen this coming from a mile away lol...

I'd like to formally let everyone know that I was recently hired by the Crown Team. Unlike most jobs I take on. I've actually taken a position in their team. And will be moving cities just to keep focused on my work. I will be moving to Quebec in the near future. And the Crown team is helping me with the move. I was planning on going to Quebec anyways and they offered to help me with my move to get me setup and working again. One of the requirements was that I make an announcement on my entrance to the team. And to notify my community at Transfercoin that I would not continue with my work there. Fortunately I was able to wiggle that into the agreement as well Smiley I will not be leaving TX as a whole. But I will continue working on TX when I have the spare time as a side project. I will continue to update you guys with my work on Crown. and do my best to help anyone with issues they may have. as well as trying to keep a bot on the so that there may be a few more profitable opportunities for traders. Let's see if you guys can outsmart it Wink

Great to have this out in the open now. Welcome officially!
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 07:32:11 PM

Welcome Infernoman, you have done an amazing job at Transfercoin! I regard you as one of the best devs in crypto, and I appreciate very much your move. This also sends a strong signal to the Crown community and shows how serious is the commitment of the whole dev team toward the future of this project.

TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 07:34:51 PM

I'd like to formally let everyone know that I was recently hired by the Crown Team. Unlike most jobs I take on. I've actually taken a position in their team. And will be moving cities just to keep focused on my work.

I will not be leaving TX as a whole. But I will continue working on TX when I have the spare time as a side project. I will continue to update you guys with my work on Crown.

The Crown team keeps getting stronger and is moving forward with great project! I only hold a small amount of TX but I do hold ~2% of the total money supply of CRW. Maybe one day they will get the CRW wallet working on Yobit and I can pull off my 48.8k CRW from there but trades work good on c-cex. I'll jump in on the asking Bittrex for an add and put out some tweets. I guess I should join the new slack group just to see what is going on there. Keep up the good work Crown Team. Looking forward to the teams updates.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 08:08:57 PM

I'd like to formally let everyone know that I was recently hired by the Crown Team. Unlike most jobs I take on. I've actually taken a position in their team. And will be moving cities just to keep focused on my work.

I will not be leaving TX as a whole. But I will continue working on TX when I have the spare time as a side project. I will continue to update you guys with my work on Crown.

The Crown team keeps getting stronger and is moving forward with great project! I only hold a small amount of TX but I do hold ~2% of the total money supply of CRW. Maybe one day they will get the CRW wallet working on Yobit and I can pull off my 48.8k CRW from there but trades work good on c-cex. I'll jump in on the asking Bittrex for an add and put out some tweets. I guess I should join the new slack group just to see what is going on there. Keep up the good work Crown Team. Looking forward to the teams updates.

Great to have you here, was you invested in Darkcoin/Dash once upon a time?
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 08:21:20 PM

Yes. At one point in time I had just under 600 Darkcoin/Dash coins now I only hold about 50 DASH coins.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 08:24:34 PM

Yes. At one point in time I had just under 600 Darkcoin/Dash coins now I only hold about 50 DASH coins.

Yep, I thought your name rang a bell.

To the yobit issue. Once the core updates are agreed and implemented, I will try to convince the team to raise funds to pay yobit to update the wallet. This is how they seem to conduct business for low volume coins.

Edit: It cost 0.20BTC to have the wallet updated within 3-5 days Tongue
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 08:41:08 PM

yeah i thought that name rang a bell, welcome :-)

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 08:42:20 PM

Provided by crowncoin_knight, who is working on the new website,
Changes will be made in the next weeks to make this look completely amazing.

Sketch 1 - Logo Evolution

Sketch 2 - Landing Page Potentials

Sketch 2 - Landing Page Potentials

Cant wait to see this live!

Some progress on the new web design will be available this week.

riser

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 09:15:21 PM

Good coin. Thanks.
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 09:27:15 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2016, 09:56:03 PM by logictense

sadly your quick to accuse, instead of asking..

I did ask - it was my very first sentence:

I'm not aware of any discussion about reducing miners income again - please post a link where this happened.

but i can only imagine that your only interrested because your just selling, not holding any yourself..

Not sure why you presume this, but it's wrong & off topic. Besides, selling my CRW at the current price would be daft.

99.9% of the time, ideas are discussed before implementing them into the code for testing, not the other way round - that's the whole idea of having a forum/community.

Will you also be "testing" reducing masternode payments?

He talks like a naysayer. U know, having a butthurt down ur ass makes anger easily noticeable through ur posting mr. chaositec. U sold a sack of wheat to buy a food for urself yesterday. How could anyone trust u after seeing ur comments?

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 09:51:39 PM

I'm not aware of any discussion about reducing miners income again - please post a link where this happened.

but i can only imagine that your only interrested because your just selling, not holding any yourself..

Not sure why you presume this, but it's wrong & off topic. Besides, selling my CRW at the current price would be daft.

99.9% of the time, ideas are discussed before implementing them into the code for testing, not the other way round - that's the whole idea of having a forum/community.

He talks a like a naysayer. U know, having a butthurt down ur ass makes anger easily noticeable through ur posting mr. chaositec. U sold a sack of wheat to buy a food for urself yesterday. How could anyone trust u after seeing ur comments?

im sorry that your confusing my post as anger, but the reality is, he asked and assumed directly in his same post, we have not even starting discussions about what we should put it at, we choose these parameter so that infernoman could continue, we had discussions about them, and decided we could always change them before releasing them after it had been discussed with the community, people are quick to jump to conclussions without just asking a general guestion. fx he could have written: So i see the commits from infernoman, and one thing cought my eye etc etc is this set in stone, or are we going to have a discussion about it before releasing the new wallet...

instead, as he has done before, is first do a negative comment about something, instead of asking the question..

Now i have not seen you here before, but i can tell you this: Crown Revolution is full of my ideas, that will propel it forward, further than people think, it will take time, yes.. will there be upset people, possible, but holders, and newcomers will actually like the end result, and i will bet on that...

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:18:47 PM

He talks a like a naysayer. U know, having a butthurt down ur ass makes anger easily noticeable through ur posting mr. chaositec. U sold a sack of wheat to buy a food for urself yesterday. How could anyone trust u after seeing ur comments?

im sorry that your confusing my post as anger, but the reality is, he asked and assumed directly in his same post, we have not even starting discussions about what we should put it at, we choose these parameter so that infernoman could continue, we had discussions about them, and decided we could always change them before releasing them after it had been discussed with the community, people are quick to jump to conclussions without just asking a general guestion. fx he could have written: So i see the commits from infernoman, and one thing cought my eye etc etc is this set in stone, or are we going to have a discussion about it before releasing the new wallet...

instead, as he has done before, is first do a negative comment about something, instead of asking the question..

Now i have not seen you here before, but i can tell you this: Crown Revolution is full of my ideas, that will propel it forward, further than people think, it will take time, yes.. will there be upset people, possible, but holders, and newcomers will actually like the end result, and i will bet on that...

I see your bet and raise you  Tongue
With the team and investors involved here
we have a high chance of long term success.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 01:53:02 AM

I see your bet and raise you  Tongue

I don't quite see it like that.

Many good cryptobprojects have had good trams, good investors and ultimate failure. You could argue that only 5 to 10 crypto projects out of thousands have succeeded to any great degree.

When you look at it like that I think we have a much higher than average chance of success but we need to be realistic that the most likely outcome is failure. We need to always be mindful of this fact.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 09:50:28 AM

I see your bet and raise you  Tongue

I don't quite see it like that.

Many good cryptobprojects have had good trams, good investors and ultimate failure. You could argue that only 5 to 10 crypto projects out of thousands have succeeded to any great degree.

When you look at it like that I think we have a much higher than average chance of success but we need to be realistic that the most likely outcome is failure. We need to always be mindful of this fact.

Ofcorse there's a risk of failure, the chance of reward wouldn't exist otherwise. You said 5 in 10, ill take those odds all day long   5 to 10 not 5 in 10 opps

But sure, realitly is harsh and it takes hard work, good luck and the right people to make a project a success
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2016, 12:47:00 PM

Thanks for your support Tim. I appreciate you believe in the project. Pls PM me your email, I will send you an invite to our slack.

urban_idler

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 02:26:42 AM

Crown team got a nice mention from Perry Woodin of Node40:

https://soundcloud.com/heryptohow/rick-falkvinge-of-the-pirate-party-and-perry-woodin-of-node40com
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 05:50:32 AM

Great news! You gotta skip to around 2:02:36

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 09:04:35 AM

Nice to hear our name said out loud  Tongue

Thanks Perry!
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: