Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:27:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316606 times)
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:08:50 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2017, 09:18:57 PM by infernoman

Making progress on testnet today, Testnet genesis block has been mined and the code updated. just working on getting the testnet network moving along nicely and getting some DNS seeds up and running.
http://prnt.sc/drka2i
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:13:36 PM

Making progress on testnet today, Testnet genesis block has been mined and the code updated. just working on getting the testnet network moving along nicely and getting some DNS seeds up and running.

Looking forword to testing. Will i need a linux VM?
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:20:33 PM

Linux is not required. I will be able to provide the windows builds as well. Currently i am unable to produce mac, but i believe there is another member on the team that could do so
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:41:12 PM

Linux is not required. I will be able to provide the windows builds as well. Currently i am unable to produce mac, but i believe there is another member on the team that could do so

I think so.. That would be CHAOSiTEC.  Cool
bigmo

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:55:50 PM

Well even with 336k available on the sell side from total 11 949 350 CRW available supply is not even 0.1% on the market. I can setup 7 thrones, amazing and what about others?

"AN OPEN MARKET
The price of Crown is determined by supply & demand, use, trading and mining."

HODLing does not increase price of CRW. How people can use Crown as mean of storage/exchange when there is no supply on the market.  

I´m big fan of your project but with the limited supply is not many chances Crown can reach some wider adoption anytime soon which could price increase.

This is just plane wrong.

Hundreds of thousends of coins have been dumbped in the last couple months, and 200k+ has been added to the sell side on ccex.  Liquidity is here.

Market cap is 100k ATM, people hold strong when the market is down.

Put a few buy walls up between 500 and 1500 sats like everyone else did.

Someone bought upto 5500 sats to get a good stake, this is all normal, IMO.

People should keep in mind that markets (coins) with features like masternodes usually lead to people keeping all of their coins off the exchange. You will not necessarily see sell walls like in other coins where there are no masternodes. This is simply because there is an opportunity cost to keeping your coins on the exchange.

That's something I forgot to consider. I was listening to the Perry Woodin interveiw and I remember him mentioning Dash was unlike other coins in that a cascade of selling doesn't occur as much with Dash because of masternodes.

For what it is worth -- it's not hard to accumulate a lot of coins through CCEX.  It just takes a little time, and like any emerging market you have to be comfortable with some price volatility.

The classic way to accumulate in a volatile market is to be a "liquidity provider" -- to use fancy market terms.  A liquidity provider is the guy who just puts his orders out there to buy.  The clearest sign that there is an abundant supply of CRW available for purchase is what's happened to the price over the last few weeks.  Prices don't decline when there are too few sellers.  It's just that the sellers appear to prefer "sniping" -- or hitting open buy orders to setting up laddered sells and acting as "liquidity takers" on the sell side who would soak up demand for coins.  

Sniping is frustrating in markets but it is part of the structure and part of the game.  We are all familiar with sniping from eBay auctions -- and exchange auctions have their similarities.  

For what it's worth, the snipers tend to think they are smart -- by not showing their hand, but sniping is economically inferior to playing the role of liquidity provider or liquidity taker.  The sniper will tend to sell for less and buy for more by hitting existing orders from the dark.  And as everyone's instinct is correct in pointing out -- a large order book is healthier than a small order book.

That said -- we also have to recognize where the CRW project is in it's life.  It's just getting started to get started -- and my guess is whether one is buying at 4000 or 800, isn't going to make a difference in the long term because the project either works and CRW becomes a useful platform or it doesn't and it flames out.  

The key is just if you have the stomach for the risk that it may not work - and also the stomach to hang on if it does.  

thanks for the explanations guys. I will follow your advices.  

I´m hoping I will be able to earn some Crowns some other way. I´m not used to buy coins much I rather prefer to earn some.

I have ready pull request for https://walletgenerator.net/ so they will add Crown support to their website. I´m aware that you have already paper wallet generator on your website but I think this could be a good way to let more people know about Crown and more option to generate they paper wallet. Crown will be coin number 130 there and just above Dash on the list.

Only one thing I need is the new Crown logo in .png format in 300x300px resolution.
Once I will have this I will submit the pull request if you have nothing against it.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:30:39 PM

Well even with 336k available on the sell side from total 11 949 350 CRW available supply is not even 0.1% on the market. I can setup 7 thrones, amazing and what about others?

"AN OPEN MARKET

HODLing does not increase price of CRW. How people can use Crown as mean of storage/exchange when there is no supply on the market.  

I´m big fan of your project but with the limited supply is not many chances Crown can reach some wider adoption anytime soon which could price increase.

Hundreds of thousends of coins have been dumbped in the last couple months, and 200k+ has been added to the sell side on ccex.  Liquidity is here.

People should keep in mind that markets (coins) with features like masternodes usually lead to people keeping all of their coins off the exchange. You will not necessarily see sell walls like in other coins where there are no masternodes. This is simply because there is an opportunity cost to keeping your coins on the exchange.

That's something I forgot to consider. I was listening to the Perry Woodin interveiw and I remember him mentioning Dash was unlike other coins in that a cascade of selling doesn't occur as much with Dash because of masternodes.

For what it is worth -- it's not hard to accumulate a lot of coins through CCEX.  It just takes a little time, and like any emerging market you have to be comfortable with some price volatility.

The classic way to accumulate in a volatile market is to be a "liquidity provider" -- to use fancy market terms.  A liquidity provider is the guy who just puts his orders out there to buy.  The clearest sign that there is an abundant supply of CRW available for purchase is what's happened to the price over the last few weeks.  Prices don't decline when there are too few sellers.  It's just that the sellers appear to prefer "sniping" -- or hitting open buy orders to setting up laddered sells and acting as "liquidity takers" on the sell side who would soak up demand for coins.  

Sniping is frustrating in markets but it is part of the structure and part of the game.  We are all familiar with sniping from eBay auctions -- and exchange auctions have their similarities.  

For what it's worth, the snipers tend to think they are smart -- by not showing their hand, but sniping is economically inferior to playing the role of liquidity provider or liquidity taker.  The sniper will tend to sell for less and buy for more by hitting existing orders from the dark.  And as everyone's instinct is correct in pointing out -- a large order book is healthier than a small order book.

That said -- we also have to recognize where the CRW project is in it's life.  It's just getting started to get started -- and my guess is whether one is buying at 4000 or 800, isn't going to make a difference in the long term because the project either works and CRW becomes a useful platform or it doesn't and it flames out.  

The key is just if you have the stomach for the risk that it may not work - and also the stomach to hang on if it does.  

I´m hoping I will be able to earn some Crowns some other way. I´m not used to buy coins much I rather prefer to earn some.

I have ready pull request for https://walletgenerator.net/ so they will add Crown support to their website. I´m aware that you have already paper wallet generator on your website but I think this could be a good way to let more people know about Crown and more option to generate they paper wallet. Crown will be coin number 130 there and just above Dash on the list.

Only one thing I need is the new Crown logo in .png format in 300x300px resolution.
Once I will have this I will submit the pull request if you have nothing against it.

Thanks for that! Hopefully we'll get a big set of different size logos soon.

What are your skills? Are you good with a QT?
bigmo

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:27:54 AM

"AN OPEN MARKET

Thanks for that! Hopefully we'll get a big set of different size logos soon.

What are your skills? Are you good with a QT?

Ok will wait for them.

I´m not a developer...I have just basic programming skills.
I´m more marketer and sales person which could be useful in near future.

In the meanwhile I found 2 mobile apps with Crown support. Both of them allows to keep track on your cryptocurrency investments on the go with nice price alerts.

1. http://www.blockfolio.com/
2. https://www.coinigy.com/apps/

They are not pure Crown apps but I think they are quite useful and should be added on the front page of the Crown thread.

Soonish I should have some other quite cool service which will be supporting Crown.
calnaughtonjnr

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:48:28 AM

Guys, iOS app is now on AppStore. Get it here

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crw-throne-monitor/id1190142472?ls=1&mt=8

Ok, so this and the Android version are v1.0. We are working on v2 which has a number of small bug fixes, new layout and design and loads more features.
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 11:27:46 AM

Ok, so this and the Android version are v1.0. We are working on v2 which has a number of small bug fixes, new layout and design and loads more features.

Great job calnaughtonjnr! Just dowloaded it on my iphone, checking my throne payments during the day now  Wink

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:29:56 AM

Really looking forward  to v2!

Will the app stores just accept an updated version, or will they need confirming again?
4rzun4

Activity: 620
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:32:16 AM

Waiting for released Android v2  Wink
calnaughtonjnr

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:09:24 PM

Will the app stores just accept an updated version, or will they need confirming again?

Good question. I will find out. on Play Store, I know you just submit the same app with same id as an update and it just takes a few hours to process
sitonmythrone

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:49:15 PM

app release for us crw whale change mood

no much full hate

crw moon on release of 2 version

invest whale bits

Send SPR Dev Jail NOW
PumpMyCoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 12:10:33 AM

Dear CROWN Investors-Developers

We would love to announce that your coin has been added to PumpMyCoin community public Votes.
you can participate in this vote on www.pumpmycoin.com to nominate your coin for the next PUMP.

sincerely
PumpMyCoin Team
We Pump But Never Dump

PUMPDUMP
███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███
███
           ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
     ▄███████████████████████████▄
   ▄███████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████████████████▄
 ▄███████████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███
███
{}{}
bigmo

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:12:09 AM

Would be there any interest to list Crown at https://bitsquare.io/ one of the first truly decentralized exchanges?

I have spoken with the founder and he is happy to add Crown. Only thing we need to do is submit simple pull request for address validation as that caused often problems (people are using wrong altcoin addresses).

I think it would be awesome to allow people to trade Crown in their national currencies and more importantly on the which is so unique by its nature and sooner or later decentralized exchanges will pick up because they are eliminating trust in 3parties - we all know about the "hacks" mostly caused by people inside the exchange.

You can consider this once you will release the new core and wallet GUI.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:18:04 AM

Would be there any interest to list Crown at https://bitsquare.io/ one of the first truly decentralized exchanges?

I have spoken with the founder and he is happy to add Crown. Only thing we need to do is submit simple pull request for address validation as that caused often problems (people are using wrong altcoin addresses).

I think it would be awesome to allow people to trade Crown in their national currencies and more importantly on the which is so unique by its nature and sooner or later decentralized exchanges will pick up because they are eliminating trust in 3parties - we all know about the "hacks" mostly caused by people inside the exchange.

If I remember correctly we have already shown interest in bitsquare. We really like it.

Like you said, once the core updates are available to the public, we will push for addition to their exchange.

If you can sort that out for us, i'm sure the team would be willing to pay a small bounty out of the fund Smiley
bigmo

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:36:41 AM

If I remember correctly we have already shown interest in bitsquare. We really like it.

Like you said, once the core updates are available to the public, we will push for addition to their exchange.

If you can sort that out for us, i'm sure the team would be willing to pay a small bounty out of the fund Smiley

Great. I think I should be able to manage to get this sorted for Crown. I will wait for the public release and then we can move this forward.
urban_idler

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:45:50 AM

According to the bitsquare.io roadmap Crown was added in the November 16, 2016 release:
https://bitsquare.io/roadmap/

Although when I look at the app showing markets CRW isn't there yet.

My guess is that the intention is to add CRW -- and one key for CRW is to create progressively better and better access to the token.

I don't know anything in detail about bitsquare.io, so my knowledge is strictly based on what's on the webpage -- but bitsquare, like Crown is premised on a belief in distributed, decentralized, open systems and is organized as a volunteer project, not a corporation.

My own belief is that platforms like bitsquare.io, which are neither centralized nor corporations (logically a corporation is centralized -- which is a simple but important fact to remember.  if nothing else the legal centralization of a corporation creates a failure point linking every corporation to the governing state in which it is incorporated -- who would try to design a fault tolerant system that way?  well, that's because the corporate form was never designed as a fault tolerant system but as a control mechanism for the state to offer a version of indulgences... if you go back the The First Crash by Richard Dale -- it's wonderful to read about how the East India company and the Mississippi Land company were used by the British and French Gov'ts respectively to do debt for equity swaps to try to reduce the debts they had racked up fighting wars...)...

But back to bitsquare and the model of a software platform enabling collaboration of different sorts with the code effectively owned by no one, but where contributions are welcome from those who believe that distributed, decentralized, open systems are better... that's what Crown is trying to do, and create an platform for...  I'm certain I'm not stating this clearly, but that seems to be the norm for BCT so I'm not worried...

At a macro level, plenty of folks have noticed that as Cory Doctorow states "information doesn't want to be free."  I don't think it's really that information doesn't want to be free as it is that we have only had centralized collaboration structures until very recently -- and in centralized structures, no one and nothing is free.  Their is a fight for the central point and the ability to extract rents/profits/power from the system.  The core advantage over time to decentralization will be a more rapid ability to innovate and also a higher rate of compounding / supported growth because the decentralized platforms will not extract the economic rents that the centralized platforms do.

This is an extremely important idea that we need to develop more fully and is basically an application of a sort of "du pont formula" to the economy as a whole, and the sustainable growth rate of an economy.... 

But in this context -- the fact that technologies companies are now the largest 5 or so companies by market cap in the world is not a sign of the victory of technology and competition -- but of the victory of centralization and control to manipulate technology to extract rents from society and bog down progress...  this is flipping the analysis... and if the cash hoards of the tech companies are a function of extracting rents rather than innovation -- then the opportunity, or the efficiencies which decentralized platforms which do not seek to extract rents, but simply to provide services for a fair price, is of similarly huge....

So yeah... bitsquare seems like the kind of thing that would be great for CRW to be linked to... IMHO.

thoughts? 
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:05:21 AM

According to the bitsquare.io roadmap Crown was added in the November 16, 2016 release:
https://bitsquare.io/roadmap/

Although when I look at the app showing markets CRW isn't there yet.

My guess is that the intention is to add CRW -- and one key for CRW is to create progressively better and better access to the token.

I don't know anything in detail about bitsquare.io, so my knowledge is strictly based on what's on the webpage -- but bitsquare, like Crown is premised on a belief in distributed, decentralized, open systems and is organized as a volunteer project, not a corporation.

My own belief is that platforms like bitsquare.io, which are neither centralized nor corporations (logically a corporation is centralized -- which is a simple but important fact to remember.  if nothing else the legal centralization of a corporation creates a failure point linking every corporation to the governing state in which it is incorporated -- who would try to design a fault tolerant system that way?  well, that's because the corporate form was never designed as a fault tolerant system but as a control mechanism for the state to offer a version of indulgences... if you go back the The First Crash by Richard Dale -- it's wonderful to read about how the East India company and the Mississippi Land company were used by the British and French Gov'ts respectively to do debt for equity swaps to try to reduce the debts they had racked up fighting wars...)...

But back to bitsquare and the model of a software platform enabling collaboration of different sorts with the code effectively owned by no one, but where contributions are welcome from those who believe that distributed, decentralized, open systems are better... that's what Crown is trying to do, and create an platform for...  I'm certain I'm not stating this clearly, but that seems to be the norm for BCT so I'm not worried...

At a macro level, plenty of folks have noticed that as Cory Doctorow states "information doesn't want to be free."  I don't think it's really that information doesn't want to be free as it is that we have only had centralized collaboration structures until very recently -- and in centralized structures, no one and nothing is free.  Their is a fight for the central point and the ability to extract rents/profits/power from the system.  The core advantage over time to decentralization will be a more rapid ability to innovate and also a higher rate of compounding / supported growth because the decentralized platforms will not extract the economic rents that the centralized platforms do.

This is an extremely important idea that we need to develop more fully and is basically an application of a sort of "du pont formula" to the economy as a whole, and the sustainable growth rate of an economy.... 

But in this context -- the fact that technologies companies are now the largest 5 or so companies by market cap in the world is not a sign of the victory of technology and competition -- but of the victory of centralization and control to manipulate technology to extract rents from society and bog down progress...  this is flipping the analysis... and if the cash hoards of the tech companies are a function of extracting rents rather than innovation -- then the opportunity, or the efficiencies which decentralized platforms which do not seek to extract rents, but simply to provide services for a fair price, is of similarly huge....

So yeah... bitsquare seems like the kind of thing that would be great for CRW to be linked to... IMHO.

thoughts? 

Absolutely. I don't trade much these days, but I certainly will use bitsquare.

I do prefer decentralised systems 100%. But up until recently, complete decentralisation and not trusting a 3rd party wasn't possable. Only with crypto currency have trustless platforms emerged.

The capitalist in me likes the idea of rent, it provides a service where that service wouldn't be offered if it wasn't for rent/profit. However with a decentralised currency this is no longer such an issue, because rents/costs are reduced soon much
sitonmythrone

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:40:36 PM

change my signatue to worm

worm from coin mine

crw still good but need worm for food

super moon worm then buy more crw  Cheesy

Send SPR Dev Jail NOW
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: