Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:24:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316605 times)
M8BWNNRFMNdak68c

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 03:16:51 PM

great to see the progress here. i will give you pool statistics soon. but can you answer me one question:

are there some coins not possible as "parent coin" for merged mining?
it seems that POS-coins will not work (PPC, DEM). the block is valid in the parent chain, but crownd  says:
{"result":null,"error":{"code":-1,"message":"ReadCompactSize() : size too large: iostream error"}}

is this a general problem or might thete be a problem with my implementation?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
M8BWNNRFMNdak68c

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 03:35:27 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2017, 05:34:07 PM by M8BWNNRFMNdak68c

Just noticed this huge reward...

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/crw/tx.dws?defc6d95805940a7f61b1451cefa07532fe1b96939759455b1654d648f124b7d.htm

I noticed it when my client was syncing.. 14 Crw reward for my Throne and 21 to the miner...
Can anyone explain this?

Looks like it is a high transaction fee.  Looks like a miner is doing some wallet consolidation.  Lots of 6 CRW inputs moving to a single output.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/crw/block.dws?1236545.htm
yes.. these "big" transactions have quite a high fee ( up to 5% )...
i used "settxfee" wrong.. ( thought it was in CRW not in CRW/kB )
bigmo

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 03:37:12 PM

Bigmo thanks for your comments!

1. Trezor and slushpool - yes push them if you have the opportunity to help this

Yes, there is definitely few areas how I can help. Lets dicuss this on slack.
2. Notary service - this feature is a very important one, I would like to see it running on Crown. Who will make it happen?  Wink

I´m aware of it and thats way a pointed out this feature. Lets discuss on Slack
3. Logo - good idea, pls take it from here http://crown.tech/history scroll to the bottom, anything else you need?

Ok, I will try to use the logo from there.
4. Thrones on a browser - we will discuss in the team, for me it is a good idea! Ok, cool. I think this definitely think to atleast considerable to think about:-)

5. SSL Certificate, this should not be a problem, the question is if this has real added value. Let me look into it.

Well the biggest added values are as Stonehedge mentioned. You are building application platform with the highest level of security on the market so you should show to everyone that security is your top priority.

Defunctec - no problem I´m happy to help where I can. Looking forward to be added on slack and discuss this is details.

I´m syncing the QT now. The UI looks great and it is definitely good step forward from the bitcoin qt UI.

Just 2 quick comments before I sync the wallet and will be able to test it.

1. In Transaction history tab when you want to sort trans. there is Darksent text left which remains the wallet has being cloned from Dash it is not a big issue not at all but good to think to update the text with some next wallet release.

2. Second think is the logo with the light blue color is hardly visible as a windows icon on taskbar. It is not a big issue again but people with worse vision could have problems:-)

3. Why does Windows QT client does not include Thrones tab which has being showed in the screenshots before?

1. Darksend, we will take it out
2. Good point, we will change the color of teh logo in the windows icon on taskbar
3. Infernoman took the Throne tab out, since the tab was not useful there. you set up thrones through a vps anyway. @infernoman?

Ok, thanks for your answers.

I have managed to download and sychnronize the whole block chain which has around 6GB now.
Anyway now I´m getting synchronization failed error while synchronizing additional data at 50% of the progress.
The progress bar says... syncing sporks, syncing thrones and then it gives the sync. failed error.
I will try to reindex the wallet again and will see what happen. I´m on Win10 using 64bit version.

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 03:44:34 PM

1. Trezor and slushpool - yes push them if you have the opportunity to help this

2. Notary service - this feature is a very important one, I would like to see it running on Crown. Who will make it happen?  Wink

3. Logo - good idea, pls take it from here http://crown.tech/history scroll to the bottom, anything else you need?

4. Thrones on a browser - we will discuss in the team, for me it is a good idea! Ok, cool. I think this definitely think to atleast considerable to think about:-)

5. SSL Certificate, this should not be a problem, the question is if this has real added value. Let me look into it.

Well the biggest added values are as Stonehedge mentioned. You are building application platform with the highest level of security on the market so you should show to everyone that security is your top priority.

Defunctec - no problem I´m happy to help where I can. Looking forward to be added on slack and discuss this is details.

I´m syncing the QT now. The UI looks great and it is definitely good step forward from the bitcoin qt UI.

1. In Transaction history tab when you want to sort trans. there is Darksent text left which remains the wallet has being cloned from Dash it is not a big issue not at all but good to think to update the text with some next wallet release.

2. Second think is the logo with the light blue color is hardly visible as a windows icon on taskbar. It is not a big issue again but people with worse vision could have problems:-)

3. Why does Windows QT client does not include Thrones tab which has being showed in the screenshots before?

2. Good point, we will change the color of teh logo in the windows icon on taskbar
3. Infernoman took the Throne tab out, since the tab was not useful there. you set up thrones through a vps anyway. @infernoman?

I have managed to download and sychnronize the whole block chain which has around 6GB now.
Anyway now I´m getting synchronization failed error while synchronizing additional data at 50% of the progress.
The progress bar says... syncing sporks, syncing thrones and then it gives the sync. failed error.
I will try to reindex the wallet again and will see what happen. I´m on Win10 using 64bit version.

That message is to be expected until a few more people update their nodes.  Just leave it running, it should resolve as more updates happen.
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 03:51:19 PM

When you update please add auxminingaddr=<MININGADDRESSHERE> to your crown.conf and if you could post that address it would be greatly appreciated. We would like to figure out the block distribution for as many pools as possible.
auxminingaddr=1FHTZYz7M9SwEw1122CzH4GvGj6s8bPLhU

So far, all my tests came out good, https://mergemining.com is running latest CRW daemon now.

As a side note, I'm willing a lot of people on linux are going to get bit with the name change. Daemon name changed from crowncoind to crownd ... Don't forget to update your scripts Wink
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 05:22:56 PM

No. of Trons under new client slowly going up

infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 07:04:03 PM

great to see the progress here. i will give you pool statistics soon. but can you answer me one question:

are there some coins not possible as "parent coin" for merged mining?
it seems that POS-coins will not work (PPC, DEM). the block is valid in the parent chain, but crownd  says:
{"result":null,"error":{"code":-1,"message":"ReadCompactSize() : size too large: iostream error"}}

is this a general problem or might thete be a problem with my implementation?

I've been SEARCHING for a solution for this. and it is in my plans to figure out the exact issue. but it comes down to the way the block headers are prepared for ppc vs crw
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 07:12:27 PM

IF you are mining on the old client now, I advise that you upgrade ! blocks from pre 0.12 are no longer being accepted with throne enforcement coming online so quickly.
urban_idler

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 07:47:13 PM

-- Notary service - this feature is a very important one, I would like to see it running on Crown. Who will make it happen?  Wink

-- In Transaction history tab when you want to sort trans. there is Darksent text left which remains the wallet has being cloned from Dash it is not a big issue not at all but good to think to update the text with some next wallet release.

Bigmo -- thanks for you comments and looking forward to discussing on slack.

NOTARY / REGISTRATION / UTILITIES
Regarding the Notary service - there are different elements of this.  What we traditionally think of as a notary doesn't quite apply -- what we really need is a method of registering an address as being owned by a specific individual or entity in a specific legal jurisdiction.  For a crown address to be able to engage in certain transactions, it is likely that it will need to be registered in this fashion.  But if an address is registered - or there is a legal chain of title for the ownership of the address in a specific legal jurisdiction, then it is not a huge leap to the owner of the address using that account to hold title to other assets.

Also -- since the Crown Addresses are formed following the same format as Bitcoin, and other alt-coins use this as well -- and one value of the address system is non-collision -- well then a registered Crown Address could also (de facto) be the registration of the address for other blockchains using the same protocol... there's a missing step in there but I think it can be figured out.  But the address protocol matching Bitcoin is probably important here.... and easy to forget.

In terms of how one would implement a "registration" system, or notary -- you probably know more than we do... but part of the idea of creating a (1 by X) matrix of mutable keys in each address (skeleton keys) -- is to create options.  A skeleton key could map to an address in a registrar's blockchain, or database... or it could be a key to a lockbox containing information, or just a hash of the registrar's info and the registrant's name address and tax id, which are confirmation of who the registrar is, who the registrant is.  No sure what implementation would make the most sense.

But as Defunctec said -- this is an important feature which we will need.  Once individuals and corporations can take title to an address in a clear, irrefutable way -- then we clear the way for addresses being no different than other accounts in some ways, in that they should be able to also "hold" other assets, and you start to get to being able to legally represent and trade between these registered addresses. 

This registration service will not be a function which the Crown Core will "do" -- independent businesses will need to be set up handling this function in different legal jurisdictions.  The Core Team does have an interest in helping standardize how addresses are registered, and having this be a standard utility function available on the Crown Platform, with the registration information -- a hash of or a key to,  permanently stored on the blockchain.  You can see in one of the papers how we are thinking about this.  One essential feature of what the core team will seek to do is not to be in the business of offering services on the Crown Platform -- but to be in the business of increasing the value and usefulness of the platform.  This means that we will seek to promulgate (share and distribute) what we see as best practices, and also suggest preferred ways of registering addresses or other things.  The benefit of having "best practices" or "preferred methods" is in having a way of doing something -- like registering addresses, achieve economies of scale.  That said -- our suggested best practices are likely to just follow what successful businesses implement using the capabilities we embed in the new Crown Core...

There is a whole suite of "utility" functions or applications, like address registration -- which will be a top priority to develop, and which we will be looking for early partners to work with us as we build the new Crown Core, so that ideally they will be ready to be released with the new Core... but that's just another dream at this point....   

Thanks for your interest -- as stated before, this only works if other see the value and see a way to do cool stuff with it and also make some money to pay the bills.

defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 07:51:36 PM

IF you are mining on the old client now, I advise that you upgrade ! blocks from pre 0.12 are no longer being accepted with throne enforcement coming online so quickly.

The network is looking super stable regardless
urban_idler

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 07:56:08 PM

And on Darksend... the original purpose of nodes in Darkcoin/Dash was to do the mixing for Darksend.  

So the plan is basically to remove Darksend and use that node capacity for other purposes -- but removing Darksend ends up being complicated, so the only uncertainty is if it will just be disabled, or if it will be fully removed... And that we really depend on just if we have enough coding skill/manpower on the team.

The thing is that once you understand that a blockchain is a universal open PKI -- then the issue isn't coming up with ideas and uses for it... it's writing the code and building the community...    
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:58:07 AM

Anyone using YIIMP for stratum will have to make a patch for enforcement until it is properly merged into YIIMP.
https://github.com/tpruvot/yiimp/pull/78
calnaughtonjnr

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 07:42:59 AM

Throne monitor server will be updating today guys, so expect some interruptions in service. Everything should just smooth out when it's done though, so will keep you updated  Smiley
rotzbouf

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 08:45:21 AM

Will CRW be listed on Bittrex?
In order to host a Throne, what are the minimum specs recommended?

П    |⧛ ☛  Join the signature campaign and earn free PI daily!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         ☛  PiCoin - get in now  ✅     ☛ No ICO!  ✅          |⧛
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 08:59:55 AM

Will CRW be listed on Bittrex?
In order to host a Throne, what are the minimum specs recommended?

We hope CRW will be listed on bittrex soon, but it requires community demand ! So if you'd like to see CRW on bittrex make sure to ask them about it, and when they will be adding it Wink
I run my own throne on a raspberry pi2 B+
rotzbouf

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 09:04:27 AM

I run my own throne on a raspberry pi2 B+

That's perfect, I still have a RPi2 lying around not doing anything. Will host a node on this one until I can make a Throne out of it Smiley
So tonight is again GEEK-Time Smiley

П    |⧛ ☛  Join the signature campaign and earn free PI daily!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         ☛  PiCoin - get in now  ✅     ☛ No ICO!  ✅          |⧛
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 09:12:01 AM

Throne monitor server will be updating today guys, so expect some interruptions in service. Everything should just smooth out when it's done though, so will keep you updated  Smiley

Great news, looking forward to that calnaughtonjnr

M8BWNNRFMNdak68c

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:41:50 AM

As a side note, I'm willing a lot of people on linux are going to get bit with the name change. Daemon name changed from crowncoind to crownd ... Don't forget to update your scripts Wink
yes! the following things change:
crowncoind -> crownd
crowncoin-cli -> crown-cli
.crowncoin/crowncoin.conf -> .crown/crown.conf

you can rename ".crowncoin" to ".crown" and do -reindex, then you keep your old files and wallet
bigmo

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:37:06 PM

That message is to be expected until a few more people update their nodes.  Just leave it running, it should resolve as more updates happen.

Thanks, wallet is fully synced now and received and sent my first crws with it and everything works as a charm:-)

M8BWNNRFMNdak68c

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:38:55 PM

net split?

http://crw.blockpioneers.info is on Block 1245449
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/crw is on Block 1245356 ( all by Infernopool )

i have now the new version. but i can not create new blocks and i only see 2 masternodes..
redownloading blockchain now..
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: