Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:47:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
rotzbouf

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 12:56:28 PM

If anybody would like to read our series of paper, Urban_Idler has put them on Amazon for Kindle download.  We wanted to list them for free but unfortunately Amazon sets a minimum price of £1.

Still, if you're like me and hate paper...

Just too bad that you could not release it for free as wanted

П    |⧛ ☛  Join the signature campaign and earn free PI daily!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         ☛  PiCoin - get in now  ✅     ☛ No ICO!  ✅          |⧛

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 01:18:44 PM

If anybody would like to read our series of paper, Urban_Idler has put them on Amazon for Kindle download.  We wanted to list them for free but unfortunately Amazon sets a minimum price of £1.

I believe in iTunes it will be for free, cant beat the Amazon rules  Grin anyway, all the papers are for free on our web http://crown.tech/whitepapers

rotzbouf

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 01:46:49 PM

It's not your fault, it's amazon who will not give it for free Smiley

urban_idler

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 04:05:46 PM

I believe in iTunes it will be for free, cant beat the Amazon rules  Grin anyway, all the papers are for free on our web http://crown.tech/whitepapers

Amazon allows for  5 day free promotional giveaway every 90 days.  So the papers will be free for download on Amazon from this Wednesday 2/15 to 2/19...

Also -- Amazon allows you to turn off their DRM (Digital Rights Management) -- which we did -- and book lending is allowed.  Also, if you are a kindle person, you can also just open the PDF into Kindle -- the formatting isn't perfect on any of it anyway.  We are still just bootstrapping this thing.

The point is to just get some of the ideas out there and invite folks of a similar mind to join us on this project to see how far we can go with it.  The idea behind putting it on Amazon is so that when folks search for books on altcoins, bitcoin, open source, crypto and other things -- we may show up in the list.

rotzbouf

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 09:09:24 PM

fantastic. in this way the book can be distributed for free as intended. nice workaround

BanzaiBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 12:24:14 AM

My crw explorer will go down for ~24 hours... I'm updating the server and daemon etc...
entropycoin

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:35:40 AM

I still haven't had much luck in setting up a throne, I can't quite pinpoint why this is the case. I'm using ubuntu 16.10 and following the guide exactly. when I type throne list in debug console it shows up as enabled. However, when I type ./crown-cli getinfo in putty, it shows a 0 balance. looking through the block explorer it shows the throne has exactly 10000 crw associated with it.

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:19:57 AM

I still haven't had much luck in setting up a throne, I can't quite pinpoint why this is the case. I'm using ubuntu 16.10 and following the guide exactly. when I type throne list in debug console it shows up as enabled. However, when I type ./crown-cli getinfo in putty, it shows a 0 balance. looking through the block explorer it shows the throne has exactly 10000 crw associated with it.

If the throne is showing up in the list and crown-cli throne status shows the node is running just be patient, the rewards will come into your controller wallet with the 10000 coins in it.
entropycoin

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:55:57 AM

If the throne is showing up in the list and crown-cli throne status shows the node is running just be patient, the rewards will come into your controller wallet with the 10000 coins in it.

How long would this take? I waited hours then typed ./crown-cli getinfo and it still shows a 0 balance. It shows up initially in the list then disappears after a period of time, I can only assume because it boots the node because it doesn't see 10000 crw attributed to it.

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 07:00:26 AM

How long would this take? I waited hours then typed ./crown-cli getinfo and it still shows a 0 balance. It shows up initially in the list then disappears after a period of time, I can only assume because it boots the node because it doesn't see 10000 crw attributed to it.

If your using the .10 guide from the OP, it tells you to set up hot and cold wallets.
The hot wallet(VPS) never has coins in it, the cold wallet (windows) is where your coins are stored.
Keep entering the start command.
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 08:55:55 AM

If your using the .10 guide from the OP, it tells you to set up hot and cold wallets.
The hot wallet(VPS) never has coins in it, the cold wallet (windows) is where your coins are stored.
Keep entering the start command.

never spam the start command as that could result in getting your node banned, you should be running a hot/cold node setup. the hot node contains the 10000 coins for the throne, as well as a throne.conf with the information in it pointing toward your cold node. The throne private keys from both the hot and cold node MUST match or your start command will not start your cold node.

When you start your cold node with
throne=1
throneaddr=IP:9340
throneprivkey=

and type "crown-cli throne status" you should see that the node is waiting for remote activation.
On your hot node setup your throne.conf using the example in that file. wait for the 15 confirmations to start your throne. then restart your hot node. and send the command to start your cold node.
when you use the throne.conf with a QT based wallet you should see a throne manager tab, which will give you access to all of the nodes in the throne.conf
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 08:56:32 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2017, 09:10:48 AM by crowncoin_knight

The Dev team has submitted the below press release to several Bitcoin and Altcoin news related sites, we would like to ask the community to share it further within any possible own channels. Thank you

CROWN REVOLUTION Press Release

What is Crown?

Crown.tech is a cryptographically secured, open application platform which is being built on top of the innovations introduced by the Bitcoin and Dash developers.  Originally inspired by the universal symbol of the Crown and launched in a fair process in 2014, the project has expanded into a global team with an interest in building off of a coin with an existing and fair distribution rather than engaging in the questionable process of an ICO.

The Crown dev team recently updated its code to Bitcoin 0.10 and Dash 0.12, and released a series of papers, the Crown Papers.  The updated code updates the capabilities of the existing core, and offers the desired launching point for the planned work which is broadly outlined in the papers.  The Crown Papers are an outline of the team’s intent and perspectives, and an invitation to others of like mind to take a look at the project and join in our efforts if they like.

Blockchain 2.0

Blockchain, blockchain, blockchain. It all feels like we are in the Wizard of Oz and if we just tap our heels together and say it three times then magic will happen.  This seems to be the belief in boardrooms from the Fortune 500 to Sand Hill Road.  But it’s really just that to those who haven’t really thought about it, or don’t understand – any advanced technology looks like magic.  And what the crypto-currencies fundamentally are is just an underutilized tarball of extraordinary technologies.

As one blogs a team member reads, put it:
“Science: Because the answer never turned out to be magic.  Ever.”  

The science involved in crypto-currencies is an open public key infrastructure, a distributed database, a reward system, peer to peer networking, secure hashing and other elements.  All built off of an open source code base.  These distributed systems have the potential to solve an extraordinary range of problems – kind of like the general purpose computer or the early internet.

Crown is clone of Bitcoin and Dash, combining the strength of the Bitcoin network with the Dash masternodes model. This progressive crypto combination is the baseline for the next step for the Crown dev team towards Blockchain 2.0 (blockchain, blockchain, blockchain).

The final product of Crown’s development effort will be a tarball of software innovations applying the capabilities of secure hashing, a public key infrastructure, peer to peer networking, encryption/decryption, distributed databases, distributed consensus protocols, cloud computing, open source, git -- you get the idea.  The same pieces as the existing systems – just arranged in a slightly different way.

The Crown project challenges the current paradigm, and instead envisions an alternative approach to attaining the holy grail of Blockchain.  The holy grail is product of great usefulness that achieves long term and wide spread adoption by providing valuable services and network security through a cryptographically secure and environmentally sustainable method.

There is a collective belief within the Crown team that Blockchain technology current sits in a position similar to the internet in the 1990s; with great potential but missing the innovations required to make it truly useful.  As we learn from the continuing evolution of the Internet, these innovations come in incremental steps.

Crown papers

The Crown Papers briefly introduce what the team is thinking and our goals for the project.  An outline of the papers follows:

Crown Paper 1.0 – Governance
In this paper the Crown team provides a brief background to the project and introduces governance concepts and outlines how the project will interact with both the technology and the community.
http://crown.tech/media/whitepapers/CRW1.0-Governance-1.pdf

Crown Paper 2.0 – Introduction & Features
In this paper the Crown team introduces the key entities that will form Crown and the design principles that will be used along the development process.
http://crown.tech/media/whitepapers/CRW2.0-Introduction-Features.pdf

Crown Paper 3.0 – Applications
In this paper the Crown team describes the vision for how applications will fit into Crown and how the platform will allow those applications will be enabled to operate as a business entity.
http://crown.tech/media/whitepapers/CRW3.0-Applications.pdf

Crown Paper 4.0 - Combinations & Permutations
In this paper the Crown team explains what makes the project unique and details some of the proposed use models for the platform.
http://crown.tech/media/whitepapers/CRW4.0-Combinations.pdf

Crown Paper 5.0 - Symbols, Skyhooks & Survival
In this paper the Crown team muses about what it will take for the project to survive in the current ecosystem and the importance of a shared imagination.
http://crown.tech/media/whitepapers/CRW5.0-Symbols.pdf

Crown Paper 6.0 – Sharing & Open Teams
In this paper the Crown team contextualises the relationship between economic, social and technological change and what this means for technology such as Blockchain. This paper also describes the evolution of the Crown team and project and its immediate aims for the future.
http://crown.tech/media/whitepapers/CRW6.0-Team.pdf

Contact

www.crown.tech
crowncoindev@gmail.com

The release was submitted to the following sites:

1. Coindesk
2. Cryptocoinnews
3. Cointelegraph
4. Newsbitcoin
5. NewsBTC
6. TheBitcoinNews
7. Coinjournal
8. Cryptolife
9. Cryptosource
10. Bitcoinist
11. Digital money times

rotzbouf

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:33:28 AM

Will there be an updated guide for setting up thrones? As I see quite some ppl having issues with this.

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 10:47:04 AM

Node-vps is finally up and running, updating system had a bug, so i had to do things manually.. took a while.. now it seems a 3rd party program has a bad memory, and lost some ip addresses.. shouldnt affect any of my customers, except one, but that person has been notified...

node-vps is working toward getting even more features online, and we will slowly migrate away from 3rd party systems (whmcs + addons) because i most say they have been giving me some headaches..

CHAOSiTEC

On a second note: I work together with this awesome team, and their dedication is fantastic....

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 11:27:50 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2017, 11:42:55 AM by infernoman

Will there be an updated guide for setting up thrones? As I see quite some ppl having issues with this.

I'm going to look into making a more straight forward guide. part of the issue's you noticed people posting about though were due to a bug in the release which we got ironed out Wink
rotzbouf

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 12:00:06 PM

I'm going to look into making a more straight forward guide. part of the issue's you noticed people posting about though were due to a bug in the release which we got ironed out Wink

OK, thanks for clarification.
I compiled from source some days ago, should I get updated source and recompile? I guess I had a bad timing for compiling the wallet and deamon Smiley

infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 12:37:42 PM

OK, thanks for clarification.
I compiled from source some days ago, should I get updated source and recompile? I guess I had a bad timing for compiling the wallet and deamon Smiley

if your trying to run a hot node, then checkout the fix-hot-throne branch, that should get you going. otherwise if you running a hot/cold node setup you should be okay. to checkout a new branch use
Code:
git pull
git checkout fix-hot-throne

Or if you'd like to clone the fix-hot-throne branch instead of the master branch use
Code:
git clone https://github.com/Crowndev/crowncoin -b fix-hot-throne
rotzbouf

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:23:22 PM

Might be somehow stupid question...
The difference between hot throne and hot/cold node is what?

Hot Throne: All the coins are stored in a wallet stored on the throne disk? No second machine required for this setup?
Hot/Cold Node: The throne itself has an empty wallet. The 10.000 CRW  are stored on a second machine. Both need to run?

What the benefit of each setup? My plan was more to use only one machine for the setup. So this would be a hot throne?

I tried to follow all the discussions about setting thrones but I guess this will be much easier the moment you do it yourself.

For the git repository, I guess the fix will be merged to master branch at some point? Maybe I should just wait some days until things are cleared and rebuild from source Smiley

crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 02:42:16 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2017, 04:11:01 PM by crowncoin_knight

256 267 Thrones online today

infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 11:47:18 PM

Might be somehow stupid question...
The difference between hot throne and hot/cold node is what?

Hot Throne: All the coins are stored in a wallet stored on the throne disk? No second machine required for this setup?
Hot/Cold Node: The throne itself has an empty wallet. The 10.000 CRW  are stored on a second machine. Both need to run?

What the benefit of each setup? My plan was more to use only one machine for the setup. So this would be a hot throne?

I tried to follow all the discussions about setting thrones but I guess this will be much easier the moment you do it yourself.

For the git repository, I guess the fix will be merged to master branch at some point? Maybe I should just wait some days until things are cleared and rebuild from source Smiley

Hot Throne: All the coins are stored in a wallet stored on the throne disk, No second machine required for this setup.
Hot/Cold Node: The throne itself has an empty wallet. The 10.000 CRW  are stored on a second machine. The second machine only needs to run to send out the "throne start" command and then it can be closed. essentially keeping your coins offline

The fix will be merged to master at some point but we're waiting for the network to stabilize, Some of our scripts are based off of master, so services get automatically updated when we push to the master repo.
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: