Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:50:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
CryptoIsKey

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:08:21 AM

Looking at investing a bit:)..do you guys have a slack?..nvm see the link...didnt see it on the main site...actually looks like you need an invite to join the slack.

You can send me your email and I can add you to slack. Preferably join us here

[COMMUNITY]

Done:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:06:28 AM

just passing through
pay me no attention.

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 11:36:24 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2017, 11:58:56 AM by crowncoin_knight

One of the strongest values of Crown is its community, folks that help each other set up Trons, recover lost coins, answer questions regarding ongoing development...etc.

The core dev team knows each other personally after a meeting which took place in London in December 2016 and aims to put together a strong team of "the good guys in Crypto"

I recommend for new members to take a few minutes from their busyman lives and read our papers, where a lot of what is coming is outlined. Team is working hard on bringing  these ideas into practice. We will be releasing updates on our progress.

CROWN PAPER 1.0 – GOVERNANCE
In this paper the Crown team provides a brief background to the project and introduces governance concepts and outlines how the project will interact with both the technology and the community.
http://crown.tech/media/whitepapers/CRW1.0-Governance-1.pdf

CROWN PAPER 2.0 – INTRODUCTION & FEATURES
In this paper the Crown team introduces the key entities that will form Crown and the design principles that will be used along the development process.
http://crown.tech/media/whitepapers/CRW2.0-Introduction-Features.pdf

CROWN PAPER 3.0 – APPLICATIONS
In this paper the Crown team describes the vision for how applications will fit into Crown and how the platform will allow those applications will be enabled to operate as a business entity.
http://crown.tech/media/whitepapers/CRW3.0-Applications.pdf

CROWN PAPER 4.0 - COMBINATIONS & PERMUTATIONS
In this paper the Crown team explains what makes the project unique and details some of the proposed use models for the platform.
http://crown.tech/media/whitepapers/CRW4.0-Combinations.pdf

CROWN PAPER 5.0 - SYMBOLS, SKYHOOKS & SURVIVAL
In this paper the Crown team explains what makes the project unique and details some of the proposed use models for the platform.
http://crown.tech/media/whitepapers/CRW5.0-Symbols.pdf

CROWN PAPER 6.0 – SHARING & OPEN TEAMS
In this paper the Crown team contextualises the relationship between economic, social and technological change and what this means for technology such as Blockchain. This paper also describes the evolution of the Crown team and project and its immediate aims for the future.
http://crown.tech/media/whitepapers/CRW6.0-Team.pdf

LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:16:18 PM

just passing through
pay me no attention.
Good day sir, great finally seeing you here. Smiley Welcome!
motorhead89

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

Wasssssup!

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 02:11:55 PM

I hold some Crowns and they are sitting in Bittrex now.
I have downloaded the wallet and it synced relatively quick.
I noticed the nice website and like the design.
Keep up the great work!

I had my account hacked due to a weak password I was told. It has be re-secured and a stronger password implemented. Hacker was posting malware links using my account. Always use a very strong password.
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 02:21:39 PM

I hold some Crowns and they are sitting in Bittrex now.
I have downloaded the wallet and it synced relatively quick.
I noticed the nice website and like the design.
Keep up the great work!

Thank you for your support  Wink

entropycoin

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:31:12 AM

I think that my favorite aspect of this project is the perceptibly dynamic nature of the development team. It's not a static vision by a central figure, but a group of people who seemingly share fundamental core beliefs and are willing to adapt and evolve as well as incorporate new technologies to bring these fundamental ideas to fruition. I enjoy the white papers for their substance even if they are a bit opaque, but love the enthusiasm behind them. I'd strongly encourage others to give them a read if they have not done so already.

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 12:56:48 PM

I think that my favorite aspect of this project is the perceptibly dynamic nature of the development team. It's not a static vision by a central figure, but a group of people who seemingly share fundamental core beliefs and are willing to adapt and evolve as well as incorporate new technologies to bring these fundamental ideas to fruition. I enjoy the white papers for their substance even if they are a bit opaque, but love the enthusiasm behind them. I'd strongly encourage others to give them a read if they have not done so already.

You really hit the nail on the head. A shared language/philosophy between the core team is very important to us, on which infrastructure will be built around.

The Crown papers are opaque on purpose, as our destination is understood, how to get there is another story and we didn't want to let on to our ideas and how to implement them. Everything is coming clearer by the day and the team should have some very interesting documentation to release to the public, in the coming weeks.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 03:58:53 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 03:50:21 PM by defunctec

BOUNTY ANNOUNCEMENT

What's needed

- Breadwallet (IOS)

Whats on offer

- 10,000 CRW

Join us on mattermost / Slack or PM me for more info

urban_idler

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:30:09 AM

You really hit the nail on the head. A shared language/philosophy between the core team is very important to us, on which infrastructure will be built around.

The Crown papers are opaque on purpose, as our destination is understood, how to get there is another story and we didn't want to let on to our ideas and how to implement them. Everything is coming clearer by the day and the team should have some very interesting documentation to release to the public, in the coming weeks.

Just to add to what defunctec said -- if you just analyze the "crypto" universe as an industry -- bitcoin was a proof of concept for a system... that's all, it was meant to evolve in ways that it hasn't but still may.  Traditionally, when a major new technology, like what I think we all believe these "crypto" systems are, well, you have an explosion of systems and then there is a consolidation process.

Often this gets characterized as "bubbles" -- but that's not quite right, but it's worth remembering that in any innovation cycle, much of the capital invested is destroyed because most of the businesses that are created to pursue the opportunity end up getting destroyed:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-NXDCXzrao

So if one is going to wade into the "deep end" of an innovative new technology, you need to ask what your edge might be... and what if any edge your team might have...

In the case of Crown -- we would like think that we have an edge from just looking at the platform as something which provides business opportunities -- not an opportunity itself but a vehicle on which businesses can be built and operated.  Not just one sort of business or product -- but a lot of different ones... So maybe that's #1.  But then you can look around and convince yourself that other people are doing that... and you can run through any single thing and it's not really clear that anything is necessarily unique.  There are a lot of smart people trying to solve this problem and it's foolish to assume that there aren't smarter people or people with better ideas and or skill out there... but,

What no one seems to have really created is a truly distributed collaborative community and token -- where as entropycoin points out, it doesn't depend on any one person...

And then if you think of building a distributed collaborative culture as your differentiator -- one might imagine a world where one mechanism at play in the consolidation phase would be to create a team that could attract developers and some of those very smart potential competitors to collaborate with Crown (since it's open source, there is no reason that whatever we build at Crown can't be borrowed by anyone else - just as we have borrowed from others, so the code can never really be a final differentiator -- it's just a cost of admission).  To have Crown be a place where people can try out ideas and develop skills, experiment with new things, and learn from and enjoy the folks they are working with...

That experimentation is also essential -- if you believe that there is anything to evolution -- because the way evolution and a lot of technology really seem to work is trial and error -- so we want to be able to run as many experiments (safely) as possible on the Crown Platform -- and if that happens then there is a chance we will start to learn from those experiments and the development process and usefulness of the token accelerates...

crowncoin_knight sometimes suggests this is being good guys... arguably it's more of just don't be an asshole (having worked in finance for too long as made me suspicious of anyone claiming to do good - so I prefer and trust people who are just working hard not to be complete assholes most of the time)...

thanks for noticing...

crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 07:17:14 AM

57pct of the outstanding coins in Dash are locked in Masternodes

31pct of the outstanding coins in Crown are locked in Trons

I think this is a good benchmark, the goal for us is to get 730 Trones, currently we have around 400

rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:24:59 AM

Sorry to be a bother, I don't want my post to get buried though. Anyway someone can help me out with the Mac wallet installation from the tar.gz? Thanks guys!

I am liking the ideas behind the project. Might I ask - what specific DApps will be most successful or useful being run on throne nodes? I'm having a bit of trouble imagining use cases and this is probably due to me being a bit unclear on exactly how it will all work. I haven't gone through all of the posts in the forum in a while so I may very well be missing some stuff. Nice to be around these parts again though. Thanks LucD for awakening me from my long Bitcointalk slumber. lol.

Cheers!

in terms of what DApps would be most successful or useful -- I don't think any of us really know, but I would offer a few simple observations to help you thinking about the issue -- these examples are meant to be illustrative/informative of potential ways that the functionality we are trying to achieve could be implemented:

1. Just think of it as a client - server network that is cryptographically secured using the key pair and verification capabilities in the Crown Core.  So, what can a secure open client server network be used for?

2. The first stage of applications are likely to just be a migration of services or applications which you have elsewhere onto the platform because it is less expensive, more secure, or ideally just better.  For this first layer of applications, just imagine if you could spin up a docker container of any application that is easily containerized in a single container... don't know if docker will be used, but there will be some sort of containerization and orchestration capabilities which will be able to be used with the API.  Imagine that initially all these simple apps are free to use, but that as the system evolves there would be different purchase models for different applications.

3. Each node operator will have discretion over and responsibilities for applications running on their node/tron.  So there will need to be a service discovery and connection protocol, because users will be selecting a service and a node to run it on.  

4. The application interface will just be a browser window.  In the papers the "temporary mode" of Crown is referred to as the journal.  Functionally, the best way to think of the "journal" implementation is probably just as a browser with a Crown Journal plug-in/extension -- or that is probably the quickest way to implement it.  It's tempting to imagine a customized browser -- but that is probably overkill...

5. No computation is happening on the blockchain.  The blockchain is just being used for transactions & keys -- that's what it for and what it is best at.  The blockchain is permanent -- but the application uses are not.  

6. So what we are talking about isn't DApps like Ethereum has popularized them.  We are just proposing that one might be able to offer the existing applications that are out there, but in a more secure and efficient way.  And we would like to invite developers to come to our platform as a marketplace for their applications over time -- since we would ideally offer access to a global user base, instant payment and our platform doesn't need to charge excessive fees to provide returns for venture investors...

7. In terms of what you would be able to do on this platform -- well, it's a general purpose platform for compute, communication and commerce.  You have integrated payments and you can do whatever you would with any server, as long as it has been packaged as a service by one of the Trons/nodes.  The services themselves may run on the actual machine which is also the machine running the Crown Server software we call a Tron, or it could just be another VM/machine/container which is controlled from the Tron or just contracting with the Tron.  That will be up to the operator of the Tron -- as are the costs of services offered by that node/Tron.  The nodes are thus each really running as cloud service providers, with access and payment managed through the Crown Network.  

8.  There are a number of logic flaws in the DApp model as it exists now -- and they are probably fundamental.  The biggest issue with the DApp model is that by creating a true distributed application framework Ethereum has created an instrument for CENTRALIZATION -- not decentralization.  This is because the point of centralization is in the control structures and logic in the DApps which can't be shut down.  This logic flaw is precisely why Ethereum and clones of it are of interest to corporations -- because a DApp is a perfect instrument for someone to project control through programmatic means.  In this way, I think we all need to consider whether DApps --as appealing as they may sound actually achieve the opposite of their intended object -- or whether there might at least be some unintended consequences.  It would seem we should be open to logic flaws in this system since the existence of last years fork is a sort of testament to one of those logic flaws, and that was just an operational detail -- not the larger ones that scare me.

9.  General purpose platform for compute, communication & commerce.  That's a key to really think about.  The value of a currency is from its many uses -- money is useful because it removes the coincidence of wants which constrains a barter economy.  So the best way to create a valuable currency is to create something with many uses... a sort of leatherman tool.... But the other quality of money is that you have to have a community of users -- you can't just build something perfect do an ICO and expect everyone to come -- you have to build the code and the community together and we all have to have ownership.  It has to be shared.  

10.  Anyone launching a coin with a single use, or focus, by definition may be a genius coder -- but they are economically stupid and don't understand what a currency is or why money exists. Anyone doing an ICO also faces an uphill battle because they also don't understand money, and the fact that it's value is socially constructed and that it also needs to be broadly distributed to those who find it useful to be of value -- money does not appear in a voila or unveiling -- or if it does it is meaningless, has no social construct supporting it.  

11.  So this general purpose platform for compute, communication and commerce -- just simply offering this platform as a creative canvas to the community --- that's the key. And if we can attract creative entrepreneurs -- then there is no reason that someone couldn't run a VOIP phone service from a Tron, or a virtual desktop, or run a machine learning / data science server service.  You could just stream video from India or Philippines to expats for a subscription fee...etc  

12. The business model of the core team is that the business of the core team is to provide this canvas.  We will not compete with service providers who are operating outside a set of "utility applications" -- the utility applications will need to be explicitly defined and this will be done through the proposal system Crown inherited from Dash. This commitment of the core team not to be in the application business but to provide an application platform on which entrepreneurs can build businesses is another important feature discussed in the papers which I don't think anyone actually read...Wink   If you think about the business opportunities on and around this sort of platform there are three broad opportunity sets: (1) node operator / service provider, (2) application developer, (3) onboarding & bridging.  The first opportunity is just starting to be implemented; the second opportunity will become active once the API is defined and we will be starting to test it -- so this starts before the code update which pushes the API and other changes out to everyone; the third opportunity set is the one most often forgotten but essential -- how do people get money into Crown?  how and why would a merchant adopt crown in a community?  how do addresses get registered so that they can be used in the future to hold other assets as regulators understand how blockchains lower oversight and compliance costs?  what are the opportunity to move different real world economic transactions and businesses onto the network over time?  

So that's kind of the idea.  General purpose compute first -- then probably communication, and then once we have shown reliability for those -- more and more commerce will come on board.   And the value of the currency would be derived not from the cost of subsidized power in China -- but from the value in use to perform tasks which help people live their lives... pretty simple when you step back a little -- but the devil is in the details...

Hope that makes a little sense...

Thanks for the response. This clarifies things for me. I understand why there hasn't been a specific 'purpose' set for the nodes. The broad applicability of the platform is what will bring value to the network.

You mentioned running machine learning / data science servers. I am under the impression most large data set work is done on GPUs. So the nodes/Trons could operate on a server with access to a GPU cluster and spin it up on demand? I'm trying to imagine how that would cut costs for the end user. Wouldn't something like that be more expensive for the Tron operator?

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 10:45:46 AM

Edit: You deleted your post??? Oh well, info for anyone else below:

Hey! Im new to Crown. Can someone explain me how I can have Throne and how much Crown I need for it?
Hi Palaxidon, you need 10,000 crowncoins in your wallet, and you need a pc running 24/7.
Or you can swap out the pc with a VPS, which is what everyone seems to be doing.

I have a tutorial on youtube here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lQMaElvCBdA

Alternatively, you can make an account on https://node-vps.com and pay the monthly cost of a cheap vps made specifically to run a throne. This is currently the easiest way and there are only 1 avaliable right now, so if I were you, and I were going to go with this option, i'd make an account right now and buy that last spot before you do anything else, otherwise you might miss it.
I checked yesterday or the day before and there were 3 spots left, so time is running out. Smiley

Chaositec runs node-vps and after purchasing the throne vps server, you just supply your throne outputs information, I believe. I can't exactly remember, but I'm sure you can ask for help on our slack / mattermost and someone will assist you if you need it.

I hope this is enough info to get you started, and welcome to Crown!
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 11:04:44 AM

Hey! Im new to Crown. Can someone explain me how I can have Throne and how much Crown I need for it?
Hi Palaxidon, you need 10,000 crowncoins in your wallet, and you need a pc running 24/7.
Or you can swap out the pc with a VPS, which is what everyone seems to be doing.

Alternatively, you can make an account on https://node-vps.com and pay the monthly cost of a cheap vps made specifically to run a throne. This is currently the easiest way and there are only 1 avaliable right now, so if I were you, and I were going to go with this option, i'd make an account right now and buy that last spot before you do anything else, otherwise you might miss it.
I checked yesterday or the day before and there were 3 spots left, so time is running out. Smiley

Chaositec runs node-vps and after purchasing the throne vps server, you just supply your throne outputs information, I believe. I can't exactly remember, but I'm sure you can ask for help on our slack / mattermost and someone will assist you if you need it.

nice info mate ...

tanx Smiley ...

#crysx

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 11:06:53 AM

nice info mate ...

tanx Smiley ...

#crysx
Thanks crysx.
So, what brought you to crown? Smiley
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 11:10:22 AM

nice info mate ...

tanx Smiley ...

#crysx
Thanks crysx.
So, what brought you to crown? Smiley

the guys attached to spr who are attached to hlm ...

there might be some stuff that could be helpful in both areas and the coins - with us ( cwi ) ...

#crysx

Palaxidon

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Hi, Im Bitcoin trader and crypto enthusiast.

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 11:22:12 AM

Hi! Thanks a lot for your help. Yes, I deleted the post because I found some info on it allready, but now you explained me everything much better what I wanted to know. Thanks for your fast and very helpful response!

norcia

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:58:43 AM

BOUNTY ANNOUNCEMENT

What's needed

- Breadwallet (IOS)

Whats on offer

- 10,000 CRW

Join us on mattermost or PM me for more info

not any  Verification email
1_Pablo_Angel

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:59:17 AM

Hi,

are throne payouts normally pretty consistent? I set up 3 thrones and all were walking normally, payouts coming pretty regularly (roughly every 7 hours per throne), then I added a 4th yesterday and although everything looks fine (when running thrones start-all and throne list), I haven't had a payout from any of them since then (about 24 hours).

Any ideas what I might have done wrong, if anything? Not sure if it makes any difference but the bit on the end of the txid was 0 on throne 1, 1 on thrones 2 & 3 and 0 again on the 4th.

Cheers!
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:41:38 PM

Hi,

are throne payouts normally pretty consistent? I set up 3 thrones and all were walking normally, payouts coming pretty regularly (roughly every 7 hours per throne), then I added a 4th yesterday and although everything looks fine (when running thrones start-all and throne list), I haven't had a payout from any of them since then (about 24 hours).

Any ideas what I might have done wrong, if anything? Not sure if it makes any difference but the bit on the end of the txid was 0 on throne 1, 1 on thrones 2 & 3 and 0 again on the 4th.

Cheers!

Sometimes It can take longer than 24hours for the first payment to come through. Does your throne show enabled status inside your wallet?
If so, I can pretty much guarantee the throne is fine, just need to be patient Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: