Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:59:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316605 times)
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 06:59:35 PM

...Crown is also the leading proposal for adding to Slush pool at the moment.
That might just make me want to give up my 7.2CRW per block and go back to pool mining.

Haven't seen any of your blocks yet.  Won't be possible after enforcement though. Can you show me a block?
EDIT:  https://chainz.cryptoid.info/crw/block.dws?1307188.htm

Thanks for the bug report.  Even though enforcement isn't on, still shouldn't be possible.  Will look into it.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 07:25:54 PM

Thanks for the bug report.  Even though enforcement isn't on, still shouldn't be possible.  Will look into it.
Being robbed by 20% instead of 50% isn't a bug.  Grin

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 07:31:14 PM

Well, enjoy your extra coins while you can.
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 07:31:52 PM

It's extra income that you wouldn't have received if crown wasnt merge mined in the first place. I could understand your argument otherwise. This is one of the reason's we're working away from being dependent on miners... There should be no argument. And will be no argument when enforcement is enabled. So enjoy it while you can. Nice to know you intentionally changed the code to your benefit though Wink without doing so, it wouldn't be possible.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 07:36:52 PM

...Nice to know you intentionally changed the code to your benefit though Wink without doing so, it wouldn't be possible.
The only code I changed was to make NOMP work with both PeerCoin and CureCoin (with empty args in the [] part to get block template) and that's a NOMP edit. Beyond that, if there is a CrownCoin "issue", it's a dev issue.  Wink

Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 08:00:56 PM

...Nice to know you intentionally changed the code to your benefit though Wink without doing so, it wouldn't be possible.
The only code I changed was to make NOMP work with both PeerCoin and CureCoin (with empty args in the [] part to get block template) and that's a NOMP edit. Beyond that, if there is a CrownCoin "issue", it's a dev issue.  Wink

Not an issue, enforcement will be enabled shortly. Until then enjoy the extra bit of rewards while the difficulty is low enough. If you didn't make any changes to the core, and you claim to be using NOMP. It wouldn't change the reward for thrones to a random number like 20%... Either way i'm done talking about it. Since miners are not and never will be our main concern... Guess what bumped to the top of my list though?
Enforcement.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 08:02:57 PM

... Guess what bumped to the top of my list though?
Enforcement.
Well, at least fixing the code you screwed up (and are trying to blame on me) is of some import to you.  Grin

infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 08:07:37 PM

Enforcement.
Well, at least fixing the code you screwed up (and are trying to blame on me) is of some import to you.  Grin

The code was never screwed up. Stonehedge was mistaken to think enforcement was enabled already. It hasn't been as I've been allowing for the network to stabilize with the last release. And if you didn't know i'm also a NOMP/UNOMP developer, so I'm quite familiar with the code and how it works. As well as how mining in the current core code works. NOMP won't change the reward structure without the user making changes to the core. And it sure as hell won't adjust the rewards to a random percentage. Fud all you want. I'm going back to work.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 08:37:25 PM

And if you didn't know i'm also a NOMP/UNOMP developer, so I'm quite familiar with the code and how it works...
Yes, I'm aware of that, which is why I know that you know what line I am talking about (but in case you forgot, it is now: https://github.com/zone117x/node-stratum-pool/blob/master/lib/pool.js#L569).

...NOMP won't change the reward structure without the user making changes to the core...
Which is exactly why I said:
...if there is a CrownCoin "issue", it's a dev issue.  Wink

P.S. - Defending myself from your false claim that I did something "wrong" isn't FUD; it's proving that you're an ass and you're wrongWink

MrZillion

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Mundus Ex Plurimum

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 10:13:29 PM

trying to get a throne going on Windows, firewall disabled, key generated, crown.conf file adjusted, when throne start I get this error:

Not capable throne: Could not connect to xx.xx.xx.xx:9340 (ip address instead of xx)

https://github.com/Infernoman/Crown/releases/tag/fix-hot-throne

Hot thrones had some issues on the last release. And we didnt want to push out a new version for a small release. Please download the client above.

downloaded suggested version, got a different message: "Not capable throne: Could not find suitable coins!" (required 10K CRW is in that wallet)

That worked, thanks! I've also been reading the documentation but I'm not clear about the difference between "Throne" and "Tron"

==============================================================================================================
Creators of the ZillionGRID 3.0 **** Mundus Ex Plurimum: World of Plenty **** www.ZillionCoin.com ****  TELEGRAM **** TWITTER **** Crex24 Exchange
==============================================================================================================
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:08:29 AM

... NOMP won't change the reward structure without the user making changes to the core. And it sure as hell won't adjust the rewards to a random percentage...
Because I hate it when some asshole tries to call me a liar...
It is NOMP (more specifically node-stratum-pool) that sets the 20%:
https://github.com/zone117x/node-stratum-pool/blob/master/lib/transactions.js#L136

With line 136 set to 5 (as it was originally coded) --- 9/5=1.8:
Code:
    cad32a4f10a5b2cb931a1949b796efee0adb28334dfc74c2d37bc44f2f5e96ca

1GoCtfbodeZCrgfj3a1B8h1pDebxp5vgGJ
    7.2 CRW
    1JgvdM83xF7FyQMcrYyigtf9uqgbVe14wc
    1.8 CRW

With line 136 set to 6 --- 9/6=1.5:
Code:
    2c2f45f6dd56522b8e719fc5ddff86507bcd17fddf1687f9a3503b1739bd1241

7.5 CRW
    1GUhjtP8QFUVctnFHEyvxCcoE9NJTwx7Rw
    1.5 CRW

Next time you want to disparage someone, I suggest you pick someone that can't read enough code to prove you wrong....

max2000irc

Activity: 527
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:16:22 AM

I've reported this bug a while ago on slack when someone got all the reward per block , still didn't fixed?

Thanks
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:23:16 AM

... NOMP won't change the reward structure without the user making changes to the core. And it sure as hell won't adjust the rewards to a random percentage...
Because I hate it when some asshole tries to call me a liar...
It is NOMP (more specifically node-stratum-pool) that sets the 20%:
https://github.com/zone117x/node-stratum-pool/blob/master/lib/transactions.js#L136

With line 136 set to 5 (as it was originally coded) --- 9/5=1.8:
Code:
    cad32a4f10a5b2cb931a1949b796efee0adb28334dfc74c2d37bc44f2f5e96ca

7.2 CRW
    1JgvdM83xF7FyQMcrYyigtf9uqgbVe14wc
    1.8 CRW

With line 136 set to 6 --- 9/6=1.5:
Code:
    2c2f45f6dd56522b8e719fc5ddff86507bcd17fddf1687f9a3503b1739bd1241

7.5 CRW
    1GUhjtP8QFUVctnFHEyvxCcoE9NJTwx7Rw
    1.5 CRW

Next time you want to disparage someone, I suggest you pick someone that can't read enough code to prove you wrong....

Alright so NOMP is using outdated code which affects the reward structure. When structured properly like it is in UNOMP. This isn't possible without some intentional changes, which in turn benefit the miner. A misunderstanding on my part. This is a bug in NOMP. Not UNOMP. My apologies, I got defensive because I've dealt with miners purposely restructuring code for their benefit before. Both of us are in the wrong here but there's no need for namecalling... One thing I was working toward was giving miners FULL rewards during non-enforcement periods. So you will be able to benefit during version upgrades. But once enforcement enables, NOMP will need changes or it will produce invalid blocks it seems.
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:28:03 AM

I've reported this bug a while ago on slack when someone got all the reward per block , still didn't fixed?

Thanks

Enforcement has not been activated yet. And the person receiving the full block reward was me doing testing on the network for UNOMP. To allow for miners to get full block rewards during version upgrades. That's also one of the reason's I commented that without changes, This wasn't possible using the software ComputerGenie was using. BUT he was using an older version than i suspected. And got a bit too defensive after a long night.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:42:18 AM

...Both of us are in the wrong here but there's no need for namecalling...
If you falsely accuse someone of altering the wallet to "cheat" (by saying, "Nice to know you intentionally changed the code to your benefit") and they don't call you "an asshole" (or worse), then they care nothing of their reputation or truth.

Setting that aside, I'm still not sure what you think I was "in the wrong" about...

infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:54:59 AM

...Both of us are in the wrong here but there's no need for namecalling...
If you falsely accuse someone of altering the wallet to "cheat" (by saying, "Nice to know you intentionally changed the code to your benefit") and they don't call you "an asshole" (or worse), then they care nothing of their reputation or truth.

Setting that aside, I'm still not sure what you think I was "in the wrong" about...

My mistake was thinking you were purposely altering code structure, And instead it's a bug with NOMP. NOMP won't create valid blocks once enforcement is enabled.

Enforcement.
Well, at least fixing the code you screwed up (and are trying to blame on me) is of some import to you.  Grin

Your mistake was thinking that it was because of a mistake made by me or the team, In which it was not. And indeed it is a bug caused by NOMP.

Reading the code you must know that once enforcement gets enabled that you wont be able to create valid blocks unless changes to the reward structure you pointed toward are made. And you can see I was working toward giving miners full benefits during version upgrades if you check out github. My work is based on UNOMP though not NOMP. Mistakes were made, Like I said my apologies for jumping to conclusions.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 06:14:25 AM

...Your mistake was thinking that it was because of a mistake made by me or the team, In which it was not. And indeed it is a bug caused by NOMP.
Errr..... ummmm.... NO!

...And if you didn't know i'm also a NOMP/UNOMP developer...
If you're a dev for NOMP and NOMP has a bug, then, yes, it was a mistake by you (not a mistake by me thinking it was a mistake by you). You don't get to claim being a dev for both NOMP and the coin, claim there's a bug in NOMP that makes it not work as you expected, and then say I'm wrong for saying it's a dev issue. Why? Because, logic!

infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 06:24:12 AM

...Your mistake was thinking that it was because of a mistake made by me or the team, In which it was not. And indeed it is a bug caused by NOMP.
Errr..... ummmm.... NO!

If you're a dev for NOMP and NOMP has a bug, then, yes, it was a mistake by you (not a mistake by me thinking it was a mistake by you). You don't get to claim being a dev for both NOMP and the coin, claim there's a bug in NOMP that makes it not work as you expected, and then say I'm wrong for saying it's a dev issue. Why? Because, logic!

I only have rights to commit on the UNOMP branch. Therefore I am only a developer for UNOMP not NOMP. It was a mistake by me thinking you were using UNOMP. The reward structure is unaltered by UNOMP unless changes are intentionally made to get around it currently. NOMP purposely alters the reward structure in an improper manner and will not create valid blocks once enforcement is enbabled. UNOMP will.

I was working to give miners FULL block rewards during version upgrades while enforcement is NOT enabled. NOMP will still reward the nodes 20% like you are currently. UNOMP not currently but in the future will give miners the full reward during times enforcement is not turned on. and will automatically start to pay nodes once it is turned on.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2017, 09:35:26 AM

Errr..... ummmm.... NO!

I only have rights to commit on the UNOMP branch. Therefore I am only a developer for UNOMP not NOMP. It was a mistake by me thinking you were using UNOMP. The reward structure is unaltered by UNOMP unless changes are intentionally made to get around it currently. NOMP purposely alters the reward structure in an improper manner and will not create valid blocks once enforcement is enbabled. UNOMP will.

I was working to give miners FULL block rewards during version upgrades while enforcement is NOT enabled. NOMP will still reward the nodes 20% like you are currently. UNOMP not currently but in the future will give miners the full reward during times enforcement is not turned on. and will automatically start to pay nodes once it is turned on.

ive tried installing unomp under centos 7 x64 ...

and let me tell you - it was not a pretty sight ... the prominent issues are obviously the dependencies - and then the installation ... because most of these pools / startums are built under ubuntu / debian based systems - it makes it very difficult for us rhel based users to support a LOT of these pools / stratums ...

if you can help in any way - then i would be happy to commit time and effort - and more importantly - resources to the unomp install ... just so i can get not only a better undertsanding of it - but also build it properly under rhel based / centos 7 x64 system ...

it has been the bane of my life with crypto that almost NO dev understands that ubuntu DOES NOT EQUAL linux ... that debian based systems like ubuntu are a flavour of linux and that rhel systems are in HUGE abundance and proliferation - and that devs of such systems ( like unomp ) would help with us - we could have a much bigger user base and a better manifestation of the pools / stratum ... hence the coin pools as well ...

much kudos to you infernoman - as ive watched you for a long time work your way around many coins and projects like unomp ...

my qualm is simply that ubuntu is NOT the only os that devs should be solely looking at supporting - as people / companies / entities like us do not use ubuntu - but instead centos 7 ... and the rhel based populous is a massive number - and as such could help the development and bug squashing in a bigger way when rhel system users are involved also ...

#crysx

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 10:26:37 AM

30th Birthday present  Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: