Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:18:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:23:15 AM

My veiw on the % is that full nodes provide just as much value/security to the network as mining does, so why not split it 50/50.
Why shouldn't someone that spent 0.2BTC to run a single executable get 1/2 of the income earned by someone that spent 12BTC on hardware? You're really asking that question with a straight face?  Shocked

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
urban_idler

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:31:15 AM

My veiw on the % is that full nodes provide just as much value/security to the network as mining does, so why not split it 50/50.
Why shouldn't someone that spent 0.2BTC to run a single executable get 1/2 of the income earned by someone that spent 12BTC on hardware? You're really asking that question with a straight face?  Shocked
[/quote

I fucking hate doing this, but...

There are a number of tactics which are used in discussions which are designed to short circuit discussion.

The clipping of a thread and then the insertion of an ad hominem attack -- is a tactic as old as Rome -- hence the latin in the name and it was old then.  The modern colloquial would be a dirty punch or a cheap shot.  The latin means an attack on a person.

Ad hominem attacks are generally used by people who disagree with someone but who lack the skill, knowledge or self control to articulate their disagreement as an intellectual argument -- so the use of the attack is a show a weakness.  This is just analytically what it is -- it's a show that reason has left the building.

Now if we really want to go all the way down the rabbit hole, we can discuss what is often called micro-aggressions... but I'm not going to go there...

I'm just going to say that ad hominem attacks are a sign of a lack of skill and consideration -- and not welcome here.

Differences of opinion are.

So what I would suggest is that one needs to understand the math underlying paxos and those distributed consensus systems before making any statements -- and that the amazing fact is that once you understand that you can see that the nodes are actually an economically superior way of securing the network to mining.  So yes, they actually get the same result for less money.  But it would take some work to figure that out and understand it. 

And it is much harder to do that work than just to attack people who confront your beliefs. 

We don't have to get along -- but let's not make stupid attacks. 

As stated before -- I actually love smart creative trolls -- they challenge us to improve.

Ad hominem attacks were old 2,000 years ago -- can't we move on and not bring them into this new world crypto projects are trying to create?
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:05:25 AM

...ad hominem attack...The modern colloquial would be a dirty punch or a cheap shot...Ad hominem attacks...use of the attack...ad hominem attacks...attack people...let's not make stupid attacks...Ad hominem...
Quote from: Logically Fallacious
Ad Hominem...Description: Attacking the person making the argument, rather than the argument itself, when the attack on the person is completely irrelevant to the argument the person is making.

Logical Form:
Person 1 is claiming Y.
Person 1 is a moron.
Therefore, Y is not true.

Taking a dissenting position against an argumentum ad populum (an accepted belief that one person should be rewarded the same amount as someone that has literally invested more) is in no way an argumentum ad hominem. Since we're playing the Latin game, might I suggest you look up "reductio ad ridiculum" (you would stand a much better chance at attempting to assert that claim, but I can shoot that down too Wink )...

Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 03:51:06 AM

Wow, thrones doubled in 2 days!  Shocked  Huh

Good for the network!

It's just...
The first 200 ip's are diverse.
The last 200 ip's are in huge ip-blocks.

Don't wanna spread any FUD, but imho, a normal, organic, growth looks different.

We need more diverse masternode owners!
If anybody holds more than 10.000 crw long term, please set up a masternode!

I wrote "doubled in 2 days"...they have been doubled in just 8 hours!

Maybe you did not notice that end of last week 260 Thrones went offline due to a problem at node vps, a throne hosting service. Problem was fixed yesterday and these nodes are getting back online during last hours  Wink

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:58:12 AM

Good for the network!

It's just...

Don't wanna spread any FUD, but imho, a normal, organic, growth looks different.

Node-vps is a hosting service. Yes i own alot of ips, and after writing the new backend over the weekend, all my clients could restart their nodes... that is the reason for the amount coming online

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 07:44:40 AM

Good for the network!

It's just...

Those 200 IPs are serving multiple customers although I do agree with you that hosting services should split between different ISPs and/or regions

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 08:49:38 AM

Just got a booking confirmation for my flights and hotel for our team meeting in Prague in April. Can't wait!

Anybody else booked yet?
defunctec
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 09:44:55 AM

Honestly, your exactly the kind of person that makes the crypto ecosystem toxic. Your blinded by your mining ideology and how much value miners bring. When infact we're merged mined and can source plenty of hash from miners that are happy to hash at 50/50 rate. I personally can't wait till we don't have to deal with miners anymore.. no more entitled moaning from the very people that dump mindlessly into the market with no regard for crown.

But to your point of how much your equipment costs compared to my equipment is ridicules. For a start your 12BTC rig would return wayyy more CRW than 0.20BTC worth of a Throne would.

Thinking about it, we should plan to steadily rise the amount of coinbase reward thrones get. Set target dates every 6 months or so by 5% untill we have our 3rd way.

What does everyone think? Since we plan to phase out miners anyway and don't want such a dramatic switch in reward.
Pito001

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:18:05 AM

Good for the network!

It's just...

So did your posts!  Cheesy Wink

Seriously tho'

Trying to setup one using guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BjvBg6OBKvMnZK_9swJFgI95NQmrDz8SrBo5GO-JdOE/edit

Still not eli5 enough imo  Roll Eyes
As a crypto enthusiast and non-linux user it's still pretty 'hard' to setup

For example:

your ip4 address
@home or vps?
Will this be a problem as my (home)wallet is running on a virtual machine?

user and pass for nano file at end of script
Random?
Same as crown.conf?

I ran into a few bumps and reinstalled the server. (using vultr host btw)

Will update if succesful and maybe add more.  Cool

If someone has more detailed (eli5) guide, please post.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:23:18 AM

Good for the network!

It's just...

Seriously tho'

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BjvBg6OBKvMnZK_9swJFgI95NQmrDz8SrBo5GO-JdOE/edit

For example:

your ip4 address
@home or vps?

Random?
Same as crown.conf?

New excellently detailed guides coming soon 😀
Pito001

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:28:35 AM

Good for the network!

It's just...

Seriously tho'

For example:

your ip4 address
@home or vps?

Random?
Same as crown.conf?

Awesome! Meanwhile I keep trying  Cheesy

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:38:52 AM

Good for the network!

It's just...

Seriously tho'

For example:

your ip4 address
@home or vps?

Random?
Same as crown.conf?

Awesome! Meanwhile I keep trying  Cheesy

if you need a hand, join our chat channel at mm.crownlab.eu and somebody would be glad to help you.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:51:13 PM

Honestly, your exactly the kind of person that makes the crypto ecosystem toxic. Your blinded by your mining ideology and how much value miners bring. When infact we're merged mined and can source plenty of hash from miners that are happy to hash at 50/50 rate. I personally can't wait till we don't have to deal with miners anymore.. no more entitled moaning from the very people that dump mindlessly into the market with no regard for crown.

But to your point of how much your equipment costs compared to my equipment is ridicules. For a start your 12BTC rig would return wayyy more CRW than 0.20BTC worth of a Throne would.

Thinking about it, we should plan to steadily rise the amount of coinbase reward thrones get. Set target dates every 6 months or so by 5% untill we have our 3rd way.

What does everyone think? Since we plan to phase out miners anyway and don't want such a dramatic switch in reward.
When miners produce every block (as is the current case), then yes miners bring value. There are coins (CURE comes to mind quickly) where the wallets/nodes produce far more blocks and do lessen the value that miners bring; however, that is not the current case with Crown.

The value someone like me brings is that I'm looking for a coin that makes me want to not dump it. Which is not the case with those "merged mined ... from miners that are happy to hash at 50/50 rate", and if you don't get that their mentality is just to mine and dump anything they can (to get as much BTC as they can, as quick as they can), then you are the one who is truly "the kind of person that makes the crypto ecosystem toxic".

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:12:08 PM

When miners produce every block (as is the current case), then yes miners bring value. There are coins (CURE comes to mind quickly) where the wallets/nodes produce far more blocks and do lessen the value that miners bring; however, that is not the current case with Crown.

The value someone like me brings is that I'm looking for a coin that makes me want to not dump it. Which is not the case with those "merged mined ... from miners that are happy to hash at 50/50 rate", and if you don't get that their mentality is just to mine and dump anything they can (to get as much BTC as they can, as quick as they can), then you are the one who is truly "the kind of person that makes the crypto ecosystem toxic".

What ever makes you feel better. Like I said Crown is merged mined with 4PH. Such hash isn't NEEDED, clearly the majority are in it for profit not for Crown. What is needed is a large amount of full nodes which protect against potential 51% attacks from low hash. We have large hash and a load of full nodes... My original point on masternodes and miners bringing the same value is wrong I agree.. Thrones have brought way more to the table than miners, thrones should get more of the coinbase asap..

Although I'd like as many talented people onboard like yourself I really couldn't see myself working day to day with you, very unpleasant attitude and a total trigger finger when it comes to opposition, no thanks..
entropycoin

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 04:55:07 PM

I'd personally be on board with an increase of the block reward going to throne/tron operators, and i'd surmise anyone with a vested interest in the long term survivability  of this project, including miners, would as well. To echo others, Trons bring value and differentiation to this project. Beyond the security threshold, mining is just a wasteful and antequated arms race that for the vast majority, allows the individual an attempt to recover money that is otherwise wasted.

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 05:29:02 PM

Approaching another milestone - 500 Trons.

This means 1500 Bitcoins in locked value  Smiley

crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 05:33:39 PM

Just got a booking confirmation for my flights and hotel for our team meeting in Prague in April. Can't wait!

Anybody else booked yet?

6 members of the core DEV team have now confirmed our next key meeting during the end of April in Prague. We will hold an open session for the Crown community, we will be sharing details soon.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 08:54:23 PM

Anybody else booked yet?

6 members of the core DEV team have now confirmed our next key meeting during the end of April in Prague. We will hold an open session for the Crown community, we will be sharing details soon.

Still shopping around myself. Found our hotel, just need to find the right flights.. SOON(tm)
Wildvest

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 05:31:16 PM

if somebody care, my adapted & tested crownd daemon start script with autostart for the standard Throne (Tron) Setup on Ubuntu 16.04 (and higher)

copy text into a new file /etc/systemd/system/crownd.service

Code:
[Unit]
Description=Crown's distributed currency daemon
After=network.target

[Service]
User=root
Group=root

Type=forking
PIDFile=/root/.crown/crownd.pid
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/crownd -daemon -pid=/root/.crown/crownd.pid -conf=/root/.crown/crown.conf -datadir=/root/.crown
#-disablewallet

Restart=always
PrivateTmp=true
TimeoutStopSec=60s
TimeoutStartSec=2s
StartLimitInterval=120s
StartLimitBurst=5

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

run

Code:
systemctl reenable crownd

reload config

Code:
systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl restart crownd

or better reboot and check for startup with

Code:
systemctl status crownd

advantage is its autostart on reboot and also on daemon crash

Pito001

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:32:07 PM

Awesome! Meanwhile I keep trying  Cheesy

if you need a hand, join our chat channel at mm.crownlab.eu and somebody would be glad to help you.

Thanks, but first one is up and running!  Cool

edit: Already received first payout. Grin

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: