Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:00:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm leaving Bitcoin  (Read 56510 times)
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 11:47:13 PM

What does it mean "Gold bar" its just a joke or really some type of wallet? Like trezor or ledger?

it's like a paper wallet but with much more glamor. he posted a pic where he holds it in his own hands. but the pic is deleted now of course.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:07:32 AM

Wow,  it is indeed a good story for me. People usually are hesitant and skeptic to the new things or opportunities that are arising and on the context of that time, even me would really will try bitcoin because I will think it is just a bunch of new ideas that will go dump after time. What you have done is exceptional. You are the really definition of a entrepreneur. It is because you have a good intuitive thinking and a intuitive risk taker and look at the result? Wishing you the best and this story became a motivation for me to strive harder.
Bumblecoin

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:20:00 AM

No, this isn't related to the Bitcoinica hack. The hack just makes the choices obvious and straightforward.

I, Zhou Tong (Zhou is my surname), will discontinue all involvement in Bitcoin-related projects after the Bitcoinica incident has been fully resolved until further notice.

I always believe in Bitcoin, or simply anything that brings people financial liberty. I have heavily invested in Bitcoin (I purchased one 1,000 BTC gold coin from Casascius and will keep it for as long as I can). And I have enjoyed what I have done for the Bitcoin community.

Really, thank you for all the wonderful support. It feels great to have an experimental project become the "best thing since sliced bread", and run one of the most profitable businesses in a new economy. Bitcoinica has a total historical revenue equivalent to about 0.67% of the whole Bitcoin economy. Not even Apple can match this record in the real world economies.

The first time I read about Bitcoin was in late 2010. My first reaction was "these coins are cheap, maybe it just doesn't work". I learned about Bitcoin again in mid 2011, when the first bubble started. I bought my first Bitcoin when it fell to $8. I told all my close friends and classmates about Bitcoin, simply because I think it's a cool idea. The idea of a margin trading platform quickly went into my mind, and I started working on Bitcoinica.

I lied about the time it took to build Bitcoinica. (I said I spent one week on it.) I started on September 4, 2011 and launched on September 9, 2011. Just four and half days. In a week, trading volume passed one million dollars. I started making profits like crazy.

In November, an investor approached me to acquire Bitcoinica. Due to regulatory concerns, I agreed to the deal and signed the agreement. Bitcoinica was sold for a good price. However, since the investor is unable to arrange for a replacement team, I continued to become the sole operator until Team Intersango took over two weeks ago. The investor let me keep all profits until late January, the official handover time. After handover, he continued to offer generous salary and performance bonus every month. The investor demands his identity to be protected so I won't share more information on this.

I left school in Singapore and decided to continue my education in Australia. I made the decision because of the Internet industry, and the hacker culture. I'm a web developer and I want to become a really good one. I want to work with smart hackers and wonderful designers to change the world. Singapore isn't particularly good at this. (Obviously, US West Coast should be a better choice, but for some other reasons I didn't consider US.)

I have started working on another project (not Bitcoin-related) that is going to make a little difference on the Internet. So far I have achieved great progress and I'm pretty confident about this new venture.

My life hasn't changed much except that I became more confident after Bitcoinica's success. I realized that I have the power to make something profitable. Such kind of confidence is extremely hard to get, until you really experience a significant success. I worked on several projects before, and all of them failed eventually. I thought I was confident because I kept building new stuff and improving myself. But the real confidence comes from the success itself.

I failed at one thing though, that is generating value for the society. Bitcoinica did create a place for people to trade more efficiently and provide liquidity to the market. However, speculation is a zero-sum game (or negative-sum, strictly saying). I know there can be many justifications for Bitcoinica's value, but all of them are against my intuition and values.

With the confidence and the innate intuition to build wonderful things for a better world, I decided to move on. I didn't quit Bitcoinica because it's the only source of income that I currently have.

I know that my time is valuable and industry establishment is really important. I don't want my name to be remembered by only Bitcoiners. It's true that I believe in Bitcoin's potential, but not everyone believes. If I'm a influential person I wouldn't have to do this, but the best way to be known in the Internet industry is to build products that save people time, money and headaches.

I'm going to be a young entrepreneur that solves problems for everyone. I leave Bitcoin only because it doesn't help address my real needs. Making money isn't that important after all.

I'll be a Bitcoin lover forever, and I will come back to this forum regularly to discuss about the future that's in our own hands! I will keep the 1,000 BTC  gold coin as a lifetime investment and I'm pretty confident that it'll be the best investment ever in my life.

Bitcoin FTW!
You are already have that attitude and skill of being a good entrepreneur. The experience you share is a good example to everyone. Being a risk taker together with smart thinking will make us go to the top.
Ankhang2016

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:23:50 AM

Invest in s and do not worry about anything. Because if the  has collapsed, other currencies will become unsafe
The Cryptologist

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:30:02 AM

I think a lot were also discouraged because of the recent hacks in exchanges even the decentralized that made them leave. I believe we are still in the gloomy days of bitcoin and there is still a huge uncertainty about the tech but I know that after a few years it will be sorted out and those people that did not leave and stay through it all will surely be rewarded.
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:54:28 AM

I don't think that is right decide.
I see you keep 1000 bitcoins, today is really huge money. I don't want leave my favorite bitcoin.
mbenga

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:31:20 AM

It is very sad to hear that, but it is completely your own decision, I firmly believe that for some people it is better to stay off from cryptocurrencies to keep their health and mentality in safe place, and not to get very frustrated.
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 09:39:56 AM

No, this isn't related to the Bitcoinica hack. The hack just makes the choices obvious and straightforward.

I, Zhou Tong (Zhou is my surname), will discontinue all involvement in Bitcoin-related projects after the Bitcoinica incident has been fully resolved until further notice.

I always believe in Bitcoin, or simply anything that brings people financial liberty. I have heavily invested in Bitcoin (I purchased one 1,000 BTC gold coin from Casascius and will keep it for as long as I can). And I have enjoyed what I have done for the Bitcoin community.

Really, thank you for all the wonderful support. It feels great to have an experimental project become the "best thing since sliced bread", and run one of the most profitable businesses in a new economy. Bitcoinica has a total historical revenue equivalent to about 0.67% of the whole Bitcoin economy. Not even Apple can match this record in the real world economies.

The first time I read about Bitcoin was in late 2010. My first reaction was "these coins are cheap, maybe it just doesn't work". I learned about Bitcoin again in mid 2011, when the first bubble started. I bought my first Bitcoin when it fell to $8. I told all my close friends and classmates about Bitcoin, simply because I think it's a cool idea. The idea of a margin trading platform quickly went into my mind, and I started working on Bitcoinica.

I lied about the time it took to build Bitcoinica. (I said I spent one week on it.) I started on September 4, 2011 and launched on September 9, 2011. Just four and half days. In a week, trading volume passed one million dollars. I started making profits like crazy.

In November, an investor approached me to acquire Bitcoinica. Due to regulatory concerns, I agreed to the deal and signed the agreement. Bitcoinica was sold for a good price. However, since the investor is unable to arrange for a replacement team, I continued to become the sole operator until Team Intersango took over two weeks ago. The investor let me keep all profits until late January, the official handover time. After handover, he continued to offer generous salary and performance bonus every month. The investor demands his identity to be protected so I won't share more information on this.

I left school in Singapore and decided to continue my education in Australia. I made the decision because of the Internet industry, and the hacker culture. I'm a web developer and I want to become a really good one. I want to work with smart hackers and wonderful designers to change the world. Singapore isn't particularly good at this. (Obviously, US West Coast should be a better choice, but for some other reasons I didn't consider US.)

I have started working on another project (not Bitcoin-related) that is going to make a little difference on the Internet. So far I have achieved great progress and I'm pretty confident about this new venture.

My life hasn't changed much except that I became more confident after Bitcoinica's success. I realized that I have the power to make something profitable. Such kind of confidence is extremely hard to get, until you really experience a significant success. I worked on several projects before, and all of them failed eventually. I thought I was confident because I kept building new stuff and improving myself. But the real confidence comes from the success itself.

I failed at one thing though, that is generating value for the society. Bitcoinica did create a place for people to trade more efficiently and provide liquidity to the market. However, speculation is a zero-sum game (or negative-sum, strictly saying). I know there can be many justifications for Bitcoinica's value, but all of them are against my intuition and values.

With the confidence and the innate intuition to build wonderful things for a better world, I decided to move on. I didn't quit Bitcoinica because it's the only source of income that I currently have.

I know that my time is valuable and industry establishment is really important. I don't want my name to be remembered by only Bitcoiners. It's true that I believe in Bitcoin's potential, but not everyone believes. If I'm a influential person I wouldn't have to do this, but the best way to be known in the Internet industry is to build products that save people time, money and headaches.

I'm going to be a young entrepreneur that solves problems for everyone. I leave Bitcoin only because it doesn't help address my real needs. Making money isn't that important after all.

I'll be a Bitcoin lover forever, and I will come back to this forum regularly to discuss about the future that's in our own hands! I will keep the 1,000 BTC  gold coin as a lifetime investment and I'm pretty confident that it'll be the best investment ever in my life.

Bitcoin FTW!
Well that is your decision that should be respected. Actually i do not know you personally but after reading your post it seem that you had a good time contributing to what bitcoin nowadays. Your profit and earnings deserve you well on your effort to change and contribute a lot on bitcoin system. Good luck man on your journey may you get what you want and come back here soon if you wish to go back again and do business with bitcoin.
joshua0502

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 05:03:38 PM

think before every little step you will do. do not trust anyone if it involves money, just trust your self and you will be more successful if you want it to. and do not stop studying school if you are already earning some money because of bitcoin, this is just a sideline for others to earn some extra money for their daily expenses. and do not put bitcoin as your primary goal for your future. what if bitcoin fall? i'm sure you fall too. always have patience and just chill out to enjoy on what you have already started on bitcoin and you will be more successful.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:16:11 PM

Bitcoin FTW!
i thinkif you leave in bitcoin you will going to regret soon because year by year bitcoin is increasing so much and i think its more good to buy a lot of btc now and sell it in the future .
catur123

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:22:27 PM

Seriously you will come out !!  Huh
but this may be your choice. I can only pray for the best for you, and I also thank you for working hard for this.
I hope the new steps you start will be successful.  Smiley

• ICO • ROCKET.HASHBON.COM (https://rocket.hashbon.com/) • ICO •
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES!
Khan Apon

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:43:20 PM

You leaving bitcoin, but that's your sight for this choice.
Why you leaving bitcoin i don't know that.  But i think u want to again think in bitcoin,  so when you will Turn a great decisoin.  😯
IamKnowledge

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:56:59 PM

You have done a lot for bitcoin mannnnnnnnnnn!You are truely a hero member and i am proud of your innovation. Your book on bitcoin will be awesome and trust me, its gonna sell. You are a mentor, GOOD JOB BUDDY Smiley
kapitansugat

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:11:03 PM

You shoudn't. You'll regret that decision for your entire life.
beliomir

Activity: 539
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:18:34 PM

I think a lot were also discouraged because of the recent hacks in exchanges even the decentralized that made them leave. I believe we are still in the gloomy days of bitcoin and there is still a huge uncertainty about the tech but I know that after a few years it will be sorted out and those people that did not leave and stay through it all will surely be rewarded.

Perhaps I will agree, but what has been happening for seven months now can not be looked at.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
olegblinov86

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:30:42 PM

It's too bad you decided to make this up. Perhaps in time you'll reconsider. Anyway, thanks for all you've done for bitcoin.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
Jorge158

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 07:49:56 PM

You may have your own excuses for leaving bitcoin but some of us have tried to overcome all these excuses and still believe in crypto. Bitcoin cannot always meet our expectations but what I do know is that bitcoin will rise again and again.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                          
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Surge_Dev

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:55:54 PM

I think that it is up to you to decide whether you want to leave or to stay. To my mind, the best possible problem solution is to evaluate your chances to succeed which depend on your knowledge of crypto market
Lalapo08

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:06:54 PM

In my opinion, you still survive or choose to leave bitcoin is an option. That is all your human rights. Whatever the reason that you leave bitcoin, I just told you not to make a stain on bitcoin. You don't spread negative issues about bitcoin which are unclear and cannot be accounted for if the truth is that you leave bitcoin because you have disappointment with bitcoin. Than you spread negative issues, it would be better if you give advice and solutions so that bitcoin can improve itself.
jennygamilo

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:20:05 PM

For me , it's your choice I you want to stay or to leave bitcoin , but gor me you shouldn't do that because a lots of years in bitcoin is not a simply joke ! If you leave bit what will happen to your sacrifices and hard-working? See iys all going to be nothing .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: