Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:48:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Community Feature Request: Bitcoin Apps that easily allow others to download.  (Read 834 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:42:04 AM

This is a sort of general community feature request- and I can't think of a better way to get in front of the app developers.

Currently when using Bitcoin on my mobile device, if I were to send some bitcoin to someone who doesn't yet use an app, I have to first convince them to go to the app store, search for the app and then install.  My experience is that in general, people quit at the "go to app store and then search" part. Could app developers please include an option in their apps where the device can display a QR code linking directly to the app store where it can be installed? This way all I need to do when sharing bitcoin is first show a QR code so that whomever I'm dealing with can painlessly get directed to the right app and skip the searching. It's a tiny feature request, I hope it's heard.

cheers!
the_rabbit

more or less retired.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:13:34 AM

how will to give your noobs the bitcoins and or the App

if by email, then paste this QR code into email

https://api.qrserver.com/v1/create-qr-code/?data=https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

if by displaying the qr code on your phone then scan the qr code as an image and keep it in your photo album.
you can even print out business cards with the QR code on it and a description of what your giving them.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: