Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:51:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spotifycoin.com: Purchase Spotify Premium with bitcoins  (Read 7152 times)
mcorlett (OP)
Donator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 03:56:35 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2012, 04:37:26 PM by mcorlett

Dear community,

I'm pleased to announce the availability of a new service allowing for the purchase of Spotify Premium gift codes,

https://spotifycoin.com/

Currently we are only offering one-month codes, at a fairly attractive price point to most of Europe, particularly Scandinavia.

A lot of work has been put into making the process of purchasing as easy and pleasurable as possible, so give it a try!

Cordially yours,
Milton

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rapeghost

Activity: 419

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 03:59:35 PM

BitVPS.COM vouches for Milton, 100%
Andrew Bitcoiner

Activity: 396

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2012, 04:00:52 PM

Looks excellent, congrats!

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
mcorlett (OP)
Donator

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 06:22:09 PM

James and Andrew, thanks.

A feature worth mentioning is our IRC bot that can automatically rate you on the OTC web of trust if you supply it with your username.

lulzplzkthx

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2012, 07:22:55 PM

Very nice feature, and site looks slick and simple. One of the best uses of Bootstrap I've seen.

I wish you luck. Smiley

mcorlett (OP)
Donator

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 09:29:09 PM

Spotifycoin is currently cheaper than buying directly from Spotify in the following countries:

Denmark        (~$17.21 USD)
Norway         (~$16.88 USD)
United Kingdom (~$16.06 USD)
Sweden         (~$14.23 USD)
Spotifycoin    (~$13.99 USD)
Switzerland*   (~$13.93 USD)

* I included Switzerland in this comparison, because it often is more expensive than Spotifycoin. This depends on the Bitcoin exchange rate at the time.

Very nice feature, and site looks slick and simple. One of the best uses of Bootstrap I've seen.

I wish you luck. Smiley
Thanks a bunch! Bootstrap is a great framework. Sadly, many use it as a template.

elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 10:01:52 PM

Nifty. Saved me a bit of money. Smiley

One thing: When I clicked the redeem link, Step 3: YOUR CODE,
the page that has the offer to give you an #otc-rating disappeared irretrievably.

After clicking that link I can only view 1: CHOOSE AMOUNT.

(What's that supposed to mean anyway, there's only one amount to choose from.) Wink

So, maybe open the redeem your code link in a new tab or something?
tosku

Activity: 367

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2012, 11:04:12 PM

The last time I purchased a Spotify code for BTC, I got it cheaper than you are offering it. However, my spotify account was suspended after a couple of months. Are you an authorized Spotify code retailer? If not, how do I know Spotify won't suspend my account?

Skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins!
mcorlett (OP)
Donator

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 12:19:39 AM

Nifty. Saved me a bit of money. :)

One thing: When I clicked the redeem link, Step 3: YOUR CODE,
the page that has the offer to give you an #otc-rating disappeared irretrievably.

After clicking that link I can only view 1: CHOOSE AMOUNT.

So, maybe open the redeem your code link in a new tab or something?
Great feedback; the link now opens in a new tab. If you'd like the OTC rating, please send me any piece of information unique to your order (refund- or email address, or even the code itself) in a private message, and I will get back to you with a link back to your order.

(What's that supposed to mean anyway, there's only one amount to choose from.) ;)
I'd like to introduce other amounts in the future (3, 6, and 12 months), but the price per month is the same anyway, so I'm waiting for now.

The last time I purchased a Spotify code for BTC, I got it cheaper than you are offering it. However, my spotify account was suspended after a couple of months. Are you an authorized Spotify code retailer? If not, how do I know Spotify won't suspend my account?
I've thought about this. Ultimately, you can't know; you have to trust me. What I can do, however, is to deposit the coins with someone we both trust, and they can hold them for the month your premium membership is active. At that point, they will be returned to me if everything worked out, or used as a refund for you if your account was suspended. If you'd like, I can ask Kluge (does escrow transactions), or theymos (wouldn't turn down an offer from a donator :p).

Cordially yours,
Milton

mcorlett (OP)
Donator

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 05:08:48 PM

I've increased the confirmation amount to 1; hopefully this is only temporary, but I need to implement more stringent checks against possible double-spending attacks.

I apologize profusely for any inconvenience this may cause. The average confirmation time is ten minutes, and you are free to close the tab after sending the coins if you've provided an email address — the code will be sent to you regardless.

elux
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 05:32:09 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2012, 08:26:47 PM by elux

you are free to close the tab after sending the coins if you've provided an email address

In other words, you need to either make this step mandatory OR
explicitly warn the customer of the consequences in cases of laptop power outage or other acts of god.  Tongue
mcorlett (OP)
Donator

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 05:44:22 PM

you are free to close the tab after sending the coins if you've provided an email address
In other words, you need to either make step this mandatory OR
explicitly warn the customer of the consequences in cases of laptop power outage or other acts of god.  Tongue
I have already implemented this dialog box that appears when you try to close the browser or tab without entering an email address:

I'll add a part about this to the FAQ, and think of a more prominent place to put it.

mcorlett (OP)
Donator

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 03:41:01 PM

Another neat, but probably not so useful, feature is the PGP-signed message hiding behind the info button on the "waiting for payment" screen. This is more of a proof of concept than anything else.
Nevertheless, our public key is F86680F6. Couple this with SSL, and you can be extremely certain there's no man-in-the-middle attack in progress.

There's also a (URI-encoded) QR code for mobile devices, and a unique URL for the order, as is evident from this screenshot:

There are many cool features you probably don't notice during the checkout process. I'll be detailing many of them in these, more "informal", bumps.

mcorlett (OP)
Donator

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 10:24:41 PM

I'd like to use this bump as an opportunity to ask, is there any interest in 3, 6 or 12 month codes?

elux
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 03:12:52 PM

I'd like to use this bump as an opportunity to ask, is there any interest in 3, 6 or 12 month codes?

I was thinking about it this when I made my purchase.  Smiley

Didn't bother asking, since I suffered a case of headbanging, caused by your service.

So. The question I had in mind was: If I do this again, can I "fill up" my account for say, 3 months?
Or will it "spill over", or stop me, or fail in some way, leaving me with 30 days only.
mcorlett (OP)
Donator

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 03:20:46 PM

So. The question I had in mind was: If I do this again, can I "fill up" my account for say, 3 months?
Or will it "spill over", or stop me, or fail in some way, leaving me with 30 days only.
It's the former. You can purchase three codes, redeem them all at the same time, and have three months of Premium service.

mcorlett (OP)
Donator

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 03:33:00 PM

Email correction should now be working fully:

Also, if your browser supports history.pushState, the URL will be populated with the unique order ID automatically.

I hope to have some more exciting news very soon!

Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 03:53:35 PM

If you can make this for Grooveshark I would be very happy. Smiley

mcorlett (OP)
Donator

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 04:10:37 PM

If you can make this for Grooveshark I would be very happy. Smiley
As much as I'd love to, their pricing strategy doesn't allow for reselling gift cards without a significant margin, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in Grooveshark over here. Sorry!

I'll contact them about a possible volume discount, though. That might spark my interest.

mcorlett (OP)
Donator

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 11:36:34 AM

Friendly bump!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: