Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:38:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Businesses get $25,000 fine for using Bitcoin, $2507 fine for gov officials  (Read 2794 times)
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:10:05 PM

This is a sign that Russia actually has no F***ing clue what they are doing with their monetary policy.. not one single F***ing idea.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:39:55 PM

banning bitcoin will be like prohibiting vodka

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
p2pbucks

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:48:56 PM

personally ,i think Russia ban is not a bad news .
Just like USA Dry Law , this kind of prohibition would boost people's incentive of using bitcoin to protect their property from RUBLE devaluation .
As you can see , ruble value is declining very fast against dollar recently ,thats the reason Puting Gov bans bitcoin . 
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 02:53:13 PM

Dam Russkies always pulling some ass backwards sh$t regarding policy.  Always something brewing government wise between them and China, before they inevitably reverse course.

Every year it seems they try to pass it as law, we'll see how long this stands up.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:59:50 PM

How would this even be enforced? 

RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 03:11:10 PM

This will just make Bitcoin even more popular, people want what they're not allowed or able to have....
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:39:49 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 05:46:30 PM by chopstick

Russia is currently experiencing a decline in the valuation of it's home currency (the ruble.) This is causing them a lot of economic headache.

Of course, the reason that this is happening is because of the USA and western-backed sanctions over the conflict in Ukraine.

Likely they are "banning" bitcoin as a pre-emptive measure to protect the Ruble from further devaluation.

The fact that they realize bitcoin is a threat to their own currency is telling.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 04:08:29 PM

Pathetic. Simply pathetic.

Mirdude

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:38:30 PM

Which countries does this apply to?

It would be funny if this took place in America.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:44:22 PM

I wonder if you will be able to pay your fines in Bitcoin?
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 05:29:29 PM

Russia bans use of alternative currency.

States penalties for use in USD.

Society doesn't scale.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:35:07 PM

Simple. Use the DRM already built into Microsoft and Apple products, and you have control over 98% of the desktop / laptop market.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Eotnak

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:49:56 PM

Simple. Use the DRM already built into Microsoft and Apple products, and you have control over 98% of the desktop / laptop market.

I smell a new flavor of Linux:  Bitux

As soon as someone works the Kernel, I'm going to get to work on the dual boot install script for Windows users.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:55:21 PM

Now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. When Russia announces Putin-coins. "The coin you MUST use!"

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:16:42 PM

I smell a new flavor of Linux:  Bitux

As soon as someone works the Kernel, I'm going to get to work on the dual boot install script for Windows users.

One has to be careful here since there are ex2/ex3/ex4 drivers for Windows so it is possible for the Windows system to wipe out files in the GNU/Linux dual boot. A similar thing can also occur with network shares on a GNU/Linux machine that can be written to from Windows. Before one starts to think of paranoia here there are a few things to keep in mind. Microsoft has provided the FSB (The successor the the KGB) with access to the Windows source code. There is also the section in the Windows EULA on malicious software. One must keep in mind that if the Russian Government  deems crypto-currency illegal then Microsoft would be within their rights to remove any crypto-currency software, including such files as wallet.dat, from computers running Windows in Russia. Then there has already been a precedent of Apple using the DRM in IOS to suppresses the teachings of the Dalai Lama at the request of the Chinese Government.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
h4xx0r

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:32:37 PM

Is this legitimate? Normally i would be all against this, but based on how judgemental this community is and with all of the scammers to blame, i approve. Until crypto has regulation i cannot fully support it. 

Eotnak

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:46:18 PM

I smell a new flavor of Linux:  Bitux

One has to be careful here since there are ex2/ex3/ex4 drivers for Windows so it is possible for the Windows system to wipe out files in the GNU/Linux dual boot. A similar thing can also occur with network shares on a GNU/Linux machine that can be written to from Windows. Before one starts to think of paranoia here there are a few things to keep in mind. Microsoft has provided the FSB (The successor the the KGB) with access to the Windows source code. There is also the section in the Windows EULA on malicious software. One must keep in mind that if the Russian Government  deems crypto-currency illegal then Microsoft would be within their rights to remove any crypto-currency software, including such files as wallet.dat, from computers running Windows in Russia. Then there has already been a precedent of Apple using the DRM in IOS to suppresses the teachings of the Dalai Lama at the request of the Chinese Government.

Wow I had no idea about the FSB and Dalai Lama stuff.  I guess Bitux will have to run alone with warnings about dual boot systems.  Plus there's also Android!  Who wants to make the Russian Bitcoin ROM?
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:28:55 PM

SO...After using CHINA BAN BITCOIN meme for the 2417. time, it has lost its effect

NOW..RUSSIA BAN BITCOIN meme is being invoked, to try to get sub $200 coins?

YAWN  Embarrassed

Truth is the new hatespeech.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:29:52 PM

Russia has been on a serious streak of stupid bans. And the sad thing is that this ban isn't even remotely near the "stupidest" of bans within the past few months.

Just remember, they've banned the import of food from a whole bunch of countries. That led to food prices increasing by a bunch of percentage points within a few weeks.

The bitcoin ban was somewhat anticipated and surprisingly not as "stupid." Then again, as mentioned, how the hell are they gonna enforce this?

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 10:37:43 PM

I wonder if you will be able to pay your fines in Bitcoin?

Wonderful service idea Tongue

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: