Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:09:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A  (Read 6202 times)
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 03:03:39 AM

This was about the GLBSE scam asset? Or was Goat delisted because of Pirate involvement?

You make it sound like the delisting was part of a personal dispute. What's the official story?
Goat was delisted because of events having to do with the GLBSE scam asset and his reaction to Nefario's breach of an offer he relied on. (The full issue is complicated. Please don't read that as placing the blame on either of them.) I don't believe the PPTs, or any of Goat's listings, were part of the issue.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:12:58 AM

I agree that it could have been handled better -- more securely. But that post simply suggests that there could be problems. Anyway, it seems pretty simple to me, though it is a big hassle for Goat and his shareholders.
Yes there could be problems and this could end up in a disaster.
Yep... could end up in disaster, certainly...

However, since GLBSE doesn't manage your asset-holder lists for you anymore, there is no longer someone else to blame and use as a scapegoat, so any disaster from this point forward will be your own fault, and yours alone.

-- Smoov

I do not think you read the post. There is no way to assure the shareholders, Nefario, or myself will be honest. When things go wrong who will be blame? Might be anyone of us not being honest, or maybe all of us.

This system is fail. Please reread it. And if you really do not understand it or have a problem with it, please post in that thread because I would like the author to respond to you directly.

Thank you.

Stop hiding behind others, pussy.
Take responsibility for your own actions once and for all.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:24:36 AM

Goat, as GLBSE has even rendered the contract inaccessible, can you please repost it here?

Test

^^^ There's your contract.

Please explain (without insults if you can accomplish that) what you think should be done. Just saying do something does not mean there is something good to do. Thank you.

You could start by giving Nefario a BTC address where he would send the BTC you say is being kept away from you.
After you do that I'll give you more details. But you'll have to pay. This little glimpse was provided cost free, more details will need to be paid up front as you clearly can't be trusted.
SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:28:55 AM

Psy, you're not helping.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:29:48 AM

Psy, you're not helping.

But Goat is...
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 03:35:48 AM

Maybe Nefario should have used user-provided "codes" to which the users have the private keys, such as, for example, bitcoin addresses or PGP pubkeys provided by the users for this kind of purpose? Then they could prove they are the holder of the privkeys to that code?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 03:42:48 AM

Maybe Nefario should have used user-provided "codes" to which the users have the private keys, such as, for example, bitcoin addresses or PGP pubkeys provided by the users for this kind of purpose? Then they could prove they are the holder of the privkeys to that code?

-MarkM-

You could do this easily through bitcon signing.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 03:47:23 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2012, 04:37:02 AM by markm

-MarkM-

You could do this easily through bitcon signing.

Yes but presumably not violating customer privacy by revealing a bitcoin address they use for some purpose other than as one to give to new host of assets in the event assets have to move to another venue. Especially not revealing an address they actually used for coins.

Similar with PGP: a PGP key given for this purpose, not some other key that might tie them to some other activities they might not wish owners of assets to learn they are connected with.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 04:34:55 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2012, 06:11:33 AM by JoelKatz

That's half the solution. That's still insufficient because there can still be conflicting claims by two people each of which have the same private key. Each can swear that GLBSE gave that code to them and they gave it to nobody. You also need a two-phase claim scheme that requires everyone to submit a claim before any claims are honored. (With GLBSE taking the responsibility to resolve any disputes, presumably by issuing another claim code through the GLBSE account.)

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 04:38:38 AM

I guess bitcoin addresses are particularly suitable for this then, since GLBSE can issue new codes (addresses) to people without knowing the private keys to those codes.

-MarkM-

Elraffa

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:26:26 PM

I am not going to just keep the BTC and walk away.

Hm. With the thread title changed to suit a, let's say, minimalist aethetic and the OP gone, I have a request: as I own a foolishly big amount of TYGRR.BOND-A shares I'd feel much better if you'd publish the dividends somewhere, preferably a website (http://tygrr.com maybe?). Gigamining's doing this as well, and it wouldn't need a lot of effort: http://gigamining.com/

You could also publish the bitcoin address where you send the dividends to, so we can be sure you've got the funds to pay.

At the moment you're in a better position than other issuers, as you've got some information at least as to who owns what. I still have my GLBSE claim code, so if no information ever comes from GLBSE I'd like to have your confirmation that you're, well, not going to "just keep the BTC and walk away."

Otherwise these changes to the thread look a bit fishy.

Thank you.
Elraffa

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 05:46:17 PM

Well I'm not going anywhere but I think you also understand the mess GLBSE has made and at this point I am not able to clean it up. Hopefully GLBSE will get their shit together soon.

I DO put the blame squarely on GLBSE, but when you change the thread title to "A" (which is a bit misleading and makes it really hard to find) and delete the "contract" in the OP you're not just waiting for additional info but shirking responsibility. The measures I proposed would go a long way to restore confidence, at least for me. Why don't you just publish those numbers? At least answer this: do you calculate dividends or do you think it not worth the effort as you don't intend or expect to ever pay out?
SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 08:58:55 PM

Eh?

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
Elraffa

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 09:17:10 PM

Eh?

Nicely put.  Wink

Am I not making myself clear? I'm a bit irritated because of the thread renaming and the edited original post. Don't see a reason for both. :-)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:19:51 AM

I love the OP of this thread. Very informative and great details.

Goat, fucking awesome job! "PERPETUAL"...lol.... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Elraffa

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:09:46 PM

I was advised to do what I did (it was unofficial anyways). At this time there is not a real solution to our problem. I have said the code system will not work and is not acceptable so we have no option but to either wait of sue the GLBSE owners.

Oh, crap. Some more of the "I was advised" and "I can't explain" rhetoric that seems to have gotten popular lately.

For now I'm in favour of waiting, by the way. If the other issuers get handed an acceptable solution and you don't, well, then it's time to sue.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:09:24 PM

Eh?

Nicely put.  Wink

Am I not making myself clear? I'm a bit irritated because of the thread renaming and the edited original post. Don't see a reason for both. :-)

I was advised to do what I did (it was unofficial anyways). At this time there is not a real solution to our problem. I have said the code system will not work and is not acceptable so we have no option but to either wait of sue the GLBSE owners.

Hmm Goat, I wonder what you did to get banned?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

hargax

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 08:53:47 PM

What happened here? Does anyone have an update?
kimmeriets
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 11:54:00 AM

no one. forget.
hargax

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 02:12:25 PM