Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:08:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED][XTC]TileCoin OTC Exchange - Buy/Sell BTER accounts credited with XTC  (Read 3467 times)
masternode

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:03:22 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 03:03:33 PM by masternode

I suggest you take off the post / sell offer from sempyper to sell XTC.

I approached him about purchasing XTC.  We agreed on a price and began discussing using an Escrow agent at my suggestion.  I went through the process of obtaining a number of qualified and trusted Escrow agents who are active on BCT.  He then decided he did not want to use Escrow and insisted I send him coins first then he would release the account.  I explained the whole point of escrow is to protect both sides. Not sure exactly who this guy is but the situation reeks of a scam as there is no logical reason someone should insist on not using escrow and I wanted to let the forum know.  

If needed I am happy to provide the transcipts of PM's between us for full verification.

-Ed
masternode

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:40:37 PM

I suggest you take off the post / sell offer from sempyper to sell XTC.

I approached him about purchasing XTC.  We agreed on a price and began discussing using an Escrow agent at my suggestion.  I went through the process of obtaining a number of qualified and trusted Escrow agents who are active on BCT.  He then decided he did not want to use Escrow and insisted I send him coins first then he would release the account.  I explained the whole point of escrow is to protect both sides. Not sure exactly who this guy is but the situation reeks of a scam as there is no logical reason someone should insist on not using escrow and I wanted to let the forum know.  

If needed I am happy to provide the transcipts of PM's between us for full verification.

-Ed

Thank you masternode for alerting us. His order has been taken down now, also it looks like he deleted the comment. Very suspicious indeed. Best thing to do is give the profile a negative trust rating here.

Thanks again.

Yea, I went ahead and did that.  It was definitely very suspect to have someone try and sell much cheaper than everyone else, then insist on not using escrow. 

TileCoinOTC (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 03:17:09 PM

[TileCoin OTC exchange now closed]

Please follow the TileCoin announcement thread to keep updated on development: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=761852.0

Thank you.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: