Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:26:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 11057 times)
PPT-PR (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 08:16:11 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2012, 12:57:43 AM by PPT-PR

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 08:18:01 PM

SOON Smiley

(BFL)^2 < 0
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 08:18:35 PM

EXPECT

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 09:16:59 PM

Well, I guess some people will buy these at very inflated prices... (I dare to call everyone stupid who buys any of these for more than a month worth of expected dividends)

More money to be lost to the big fish on GLBSE in case of a pirate default, I guess.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 09:35:17 PM

Well, I guess some people will buy these at very inflated prices... (I dare to call everyone stupid who buys any of these for more than a month worth of expected dividends)

More money to be lost to the big fish on GLBSE in case of a pirate default, I guess.

It depends on your view of the world.  If you think (and you obviously do) that it is all going to fall over very quickly, then you will obviously stay away.  (I had someone point out that there was a bet BS&T would default in July - unlikely to be based on anything other than pesimism.)

On the other hand, if you have a slightly more reasoned approach, and probably better informed, then the price someone will be prepared to pay will be higher.

I am undecided as to what constitutes a good price, as I expect the dividends to run quite well for another five months (which is my current guess) and beyond that I am uncertain.  Also, the growth in dividend stream over the short-term will be quite healthy.

(p.s. I'm not that big a fish, and not a fish at all Smiley   )
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 10:01:15 PM

StarFISH, and you look a bit chubby on that photo of your's! Cheesy

BTT, the price on this is also a kind of double prediction:
* How high will the dividends be on PPT.X issues in the future and
* When will pirateat40 default

Both are interlinked, as the dividends could rise quickly and pirate might default soon, or dividends might decrease over time but he might keep up his operation for some more months. Still I figure from the recent runs on IPOs on GLBSE some bubbles are already forming - it seems to be more important to some ppl. to own shares at any cost instead of thinking about values before.

Luckily GLBSE is still in terms of "company" size, fees and money movements rather a playground than a stock exchange - I hope it stays that way in the future too! Smiley

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 10:06:53 PM

My friend the Crayfish and I will have some chocolate fish (with the pink marshmallow) while hunting Jellyfish.  The weight is hard earned.

Pirate might not default, and I'm expecting that he won't.  If I thought he was, I wouldn't have committed 640 coins to PPT just to pay out bond holders, or be happy to have my account with him sitting with 4000 coins for months on end.

But you are quite right, calculating a fair price will be difficult.
Timbo925

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 11:45:04 AM

Subbing. Price will be hard to determine but have a price i'm willing to pay
kronosvl

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 03:27:15 PM

What happens if PPT cease operations because pirate change his policies, reduces ROI so that this venture is no longer profitable. will the 3840BTC (reserve fund) be split between the 9000 PPT.DIV making a final payment of 0.426BTC/PPT.DIV share + last weekly profit?

Donations are accepted @: 19Uk8zVhdgfrRo5Z6wH9yghWxZUtdiNtX9
OTC: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewgpg.php?nick=kronosvl
lky_svn

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 08:16:52 PM

wonder if you have any views on expected price, and potentially expected payout?
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 08:28:14 PM

What happens if PPT cease operations because pirate change his policies, reduces ROI so that this venture is no longer profitable. will the 3840BTC (reserve fund) be split between the 9000 PPT.DIV making a final payment of 0.426BTC/PPT.DIV share + last weekly profit?

The reserve fund is linked to the PPT shares and as stated in both the OP and FAQ, on the event of a liquidation or winding up, those funds are repaid.  They are not profits.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 08:34:33 PM

wonder if you have any views on expected price, and potentially expected payout?

Unsure about price as that will require each buyer to assess what they think the future dividend stream will be worth.

As for payouts, PPT.D should be about 0.0425 per share and that was for 2500 bonds.  As we move to 3000/wk, that would be 0.051 (scaled up by 3000/2500).  What we have also seen as the PPT offering has become better well known is that the bidding price has also increased (the implied dividend from PPT.A would be 0.032 scaling up by 3000/1500).
area

Activity: 177

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 07:38:25 AM

Unsure about price as that will require each buyer to assess what they think the future dividend stream will be worth.

As for payouts, PPT.D should be about 0.0425 per share and that was for 2500 bonds.  As we move to 3000/wk, that would be 0.051 (scaled up by 3000/2500).  What we have also seen as the PPT offering has become better well known is that the bidding price has also increased (the implied dividend from PPT.A would be 0.032 scaling up by 3000/1500).

These figures are per PPT.DIV share, correct?

This is a significant amount when compared to what PPT.X shares go for; someone holding as many PPT.DIV shares as they buy PPT.X shares per week could view it as them getting a higher payout / cheaper purchase price on their PPT.X shares. It will be extremely interesting to see what price the market decides will be appropriate for these.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:50:05 AM

These figures are per PPT.DIV share, correct?

This is a significant amount when compared to what PPT.X shares go for; someone holding as many PPT.DIV shares as they buy PPT.X shares per week could view it as them getting a higher payout / cheaper purchase price on their PPT.X shares. It will be extremely interesting to see what price the market decides will be appropriate for these.

Yes. 
xkrikl

Activity: 159

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 08:06:18 AM

So if I get it right it should be 9000 shares backing those 3840 BTC in the fund for PPT.X.
Then it would be approx. 0.427 BTC/share ... if we buy higher we take more risk and you lower your risk while getting profit for the work you did with all this PPT stuff.

The case of Pirate's default is obvious - our money will be lost.
But my question is how the fund will be refilled in case that part of it will be used to cover the difference in case Pirate changes the rates and you'll still have to pay the full 1.28 per bond? I know that in most cases it will just lower the profit from that batch of bonds but if the reduction is significant it can go even to a loss.
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 10:09:27 AM

Just out of curiosity, what happens if a member of the cartel wants out after selling all of the PPT.DIV they are allowed to sell and subsequently finding their earnings to be too low (even after a fair amount of time)?  I ask because with 85% less new income, I don't know what motivates them to keep backing up the bonds once the upfront bonus income has averaged away (or perhaps before that happens depending on scruples and life situations)?
redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 04:19:20 PM

Is the auction different than trading the bonds on the GLBSE?  I just don't see PPT.E listed..
redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 06:03:14 PM

Ok sorry for my ignorance, kinda new to this.  So can I buy them now? If so where? I don't see an option. 

Undecided
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 08:53:04 PM

Is the auction different than trading the bonds on the GLBSE?  I just don't see PPT.E listed..
Since this is the first time PPT.E is being sold it is in the IPO section here:  https://glbse.com/ipos

After the first time being sold as an IPO all subsequent sales will be show in the regular market place section like these:

https://glbse.com/asset/view/PPT.A
https://glbse.com/asset/view/PPT.B
https://glbse.com/asset/view/PPT.C
https://glbse.com/asset/view/PPT.D

Note that PPT.DIV is also in the IPO section.

Will PPT.DIV be an issue like the PPT bonds with X number sold on the first day, or will each member of the existing have free rein to do with the 90% of their DIV shares as they see fit?
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 12:00:38 AM

So is it possible to buy PPT at 110 or 120? I would prefer to buy those if possible?

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █