Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:45:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Things said, and fights picked while we're waiting for our BFL products  (Read 4671 times)
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 12:56:24 AM

We should create a thread called: "Things said, and fights picked while we're waiting for our BFL products" so we can't really go off topic Smiley

Go.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 12:56:42 AM

We should create a thread called: "Things said, and fights picked while we're waiting for our BFL products" so we can't really go off topic Smiley

Go.
First!
EDIT: Second, technically.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 12:58:58 AM

No matter where I post on this thread I'm still first; I win.

Cheesy

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 01:07:24 AM

No matter where I post on this thread I'm still first; I win.

Cheesy

Wrong!

thirded...

And I fourthed maybe...

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
abeaulieu

Activity: 295

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 01:08:15 AM

Well I suppose I'll mark the inception of this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60586.msg900886#msg900886

teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 01:09:19 AM

Bragger... Cheesy

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 05:14:41 AM

Bragger... Cheesy

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 06:56:28 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2012, 07:15:51 AM by mem

BFL,  At least A Dishonest Company, Quite Possibly A Scam.

1) False advertising regarding shipping times from day 0 until current - I believe this is done on purpose to build up funds in order to bulk order chips.
2) False advertising regarding Chips - Claims it is their own design, in fact they are reusing 2nd Hand Chips.
3) Accepts numerous pre-orders while being unable to meet delivery dates or production volume (Still stinks of a scam here).
4) Numerous BFL Shills plugging BFL on the forum (I SPENT BILLIONS, LOL YOU WONT EVEN TRUST THEM WITH 1 MILLION LOL).

For my attackers that love to screech, swear and generally just dump walls of crys here is the possible scam models.

1) Inaba is a con artist involved with BFL. He and his cronies put up photos, start threads and pat each others backs for being "HUR DUR SO FUCKING SMART".
- The BFL's are fake or do exist but only a small amount (just enough to get people excited).
- Inaba's pool is the only one that supports BFL (he fakes all the BFL stats), strangely Inaba still uses and buys large amounts of GPUS (I thought BFL was better Huh and the wait was worth it Huh).

Seems less likely now, but the singles will not mine stand alone and Inaba & BFL has 0 credibility outside their circle jerk so a defnite statement is not possible.
All this would easily be resolved by involving a credible outside party such as Toms Hardware for a review.

2) BFL does not have enough capital to keep their own shelves stocked.
- They build up N orders until they can cover the cost of a bulk 2nd hand FPGA purchase.
- They then ship earliest orders and also cherry pick orders of vocal people in the forum.
- Rinse Repeat.

Seems extremely likely. At least this is not a con, its just extremely dishonest but that seems par for the course with BFL.

3)The single exists, BFL ships 10% - %20 of the earliest orders, stalls while total orders increase then when complaints are to high they ship another.
eg:

Week 1: 100 pending orders, ship 20.
Week 2: 80 old + 300 new pending orders, ship 30.

This is a ponzi scheme, until everyone asks for their unit or the money back the system keeps on working.

4)BFL is a startup company with absolutely terrible, but they are the real deal.
- They eventually get their shit sorted or are run out of business by other more experienced FPGA developers that have experience running a client facing business.

If I missed anything let me know.

From my current position I cannot make a call on BFL to say if they are legit or not. Until they address their own PR issues and start behaving like a professional company I personally see them as risk Im not willing to take.

Im a skeptic, I need more than the words of abusive fanboys to confirm somethings legitimacy.

If I did have the opportunity to visit their factory I would still not be satisfied with the BFL unless they allowed me to plug it into my own PC, using my own internet connection, target a pool of my choice and test.
After all that, knowing that they lied about 2nd hand parts being used and the ongoing false advertising regarding shipping Id still not do business with them due to concerns (package not delivered, warranty issues etc).

Im rooting for option 4) - I dont want to see a large chunk of the bitcoin community scammed yet again (Satoshi's Demon anyone ?) - it damages bitcoins rep and puts off new adopters.
I personally wish BFL would hire a PR person, fix their misleading advertising on the website and update clients on delays and if they feel inclined what the cause of the delays are (please do not say we need more preorders to buy the next batch of chips).

Feel free to give me a rant 2.5 pages long with a single point of "fuck you dumb 10 year old know nothing cunt" Inaba style if it makes you feel better, but it would be much better if we ditch the console wars mentality and discuss this in a calm fashion if we are to discuss this at all.

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 02:16:14 PM

Just because the chips are on an old process doesn't mean they are secondhand.

Also, what are "crys"? Maybe it is some odd transliteration that google translate is screwing up.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
tarrant_01

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 02:26:49 PM

I have 3 singles bouncing between MaxBTC, ABCPool, and Slush.  I've never mined with them on Inaba's pool.  I don't know where you heard that only his pool supports them.

1P95gCUCw3Tjb7yyoYtW3ARZZQyTpFgk6H
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 03:20:21 PM

Hi mem, I see you're still an idiot!  Please, by all means, continue to lie about everything.  Yes indeed, you are still unable to provide a single shred of evidence to back up a single thing you say, good work!

Somebody call the waaaambulance, Mem is about to whine some more about "wall of cries" when he gets refuted.

Feel free to give me a rant 2.5 pages long with a single point of "fuck you dumb 10 year old know nothing cunt" Inaba style if it makes you feel better, but it would be much better if we ditch the console wars mentality and discuss this in a calm fashion if we are to discuss this at all.

That would be great, so start acting like an adult and provide something, *anything* to back up your claims.

Here's a catalog of lies from Mem in his post to get us started (please Mem, provide some backing for these lies if you wish to maintain them):

Inaba's pool is the only one that supports BFL (he fakes all the BFL stats), strangely Inaba still uses and buys large amounts of GPUS (I thought BFL was better  and the wait was worth it ).

What does this even mean?  BFLs can be used on any pool.  Fake BFL stats?  What the hell does this mean?  I don't even HAVE BFL stats on the pool.  I haven't bought GPUs in months.. the last GPU I bought was from Yochdog in January.  I've since sold off a large portion of my GPU farm.  But go on, continue to lie.

The single exists, BFL ships 10% - %20 of the earliest orders, stalls while total orders increase then when complaints are to high they ship another.
eg:

One quick look in the "ordered/shipped" thread would reveal this as a lie.  Go on Mem, lets hear some proof!

After all that, knowing that they lied about 2nd hand parts being used and the ongoing false advertising regarding shipping Id still not do business with them due to concerns (package not delivered, warranty issues etc).

You know this?  You do not.  You are lying (wow, imagine that).  Go on, provide some proof.

Rock on, lets get the giant lie machine that is mem up and running, GO! 

PS - here's my prediction: 

Mem will say something about my "wall of cries."  Then he will insult me in some fashion.  After that, he will ignore anything written that requests some sort of backing to his claims.  Then he will say something about a "wall of cries" again and add another insult. Then, after he's done with this, he'll make up new fabrications or rehash the same ones in hopes that someone, anyone will listen to his whining and crying.  I mean, if you repeat a lie long enough someone is bound to believe it, yeah?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 03:23:37 PM

Hopefully this one won't get locked since it is in offtopic. Grin

nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 03:28:29 PM

BFL is clearly a huge conspiracy.
WhitePhantom

Activity: 348

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 05:04:43 PM

BFL is clearly a huge conspiracy.

Clearly...That's why I sent them $30k.  I love conspiracies.

Errr...I mean mem is a dumbass.  No, I won't argue with him, as Inaba's doing a fine job, and it's hilarious.  As troll's do, mem will try to pull me in, though.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 07:45:06 PM

I have 4 units now.
I'm REASONABLY certain I haven't imagined them.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 07:55:34 PM

I laugh in the face of all those thinking BFL is legit. Second hand chips, lies, deception ... what more do you need ?

Just wait till the orders stop coming in and they pack for Barbados !

Cheesy
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:03:08 PM

I laugh in the face of all those thinking BFL is legit. Second hand chips, lies, deception ... what more do you need ?

Cheesy
Not a scam in my book.  They delivered the product to my door better than described.  I couldn't care less what chip they use, so long as it does what it is supposed to do.
Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:05:51 PM

SCAMMER SCAMMER SCAMMER SCAMMER SCAMMER

I am the biggest SCAMMER on the forums !!!

Am I the only one who see's the irony here?
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:07:26 PM

Cheesy
I laugh in your face at all your contradicting statements. You can't seem to decide whether you are for or against them. Reference the following quote, and compare it with the one above:

Why do you consider BFL as being "shady" Huh

I really don't understand. They have 10 years experience in FPGAs too.

Only disadvantage is high UK VAT import duty cost ...

Get your shit together, man.

bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:07:41 PM

Cheesy
Not a scam in my book.  They delivered the product to my door better than described.  I couldn't care less what chip they use, so long as it does what it is supposed to do.

Just wait till that $60 chip in your BFL dies. Who knows its condition after it has been second hand used.

Some last 6 months, some last 7 months, some may last past a year. Sucks if it dies after 6 month warranty is up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: