Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:19:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins for 3d prints?  (Read 948 times)
tom10122 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 01:50:28 AM

Would anyone be interested in this? I am getting a 3d printer within the next 3 weeks and this just crossed my mind

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fuzzy

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 02:05:50 AM

Definitely interested, but I need (want) ALL the technical specs of this beast  Shocked

Size/Dimension limits, materials, color, one piece or multiple part objects?

Also what kind of 3D file format would I need to submit?

Any estimate in the price?
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 02:39:34 AM

I was thinking of doing something like this myself, but if your prices are right than i will just use you.

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 03:03:01 AM

Would anyone be interested in this? I am getting a 3d printer within the next 3 weeks and this just crossed my mind

mendelmax?

If so, once you have it I would be interested in a set of parts, if competitively priced, to make one for myself. 

drakahn

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 03:12:35 AM

mendelmax?

If so, once you have it I would be interested in a set of parts, if competitively priced, to make one for myself. 

actually, lol, that was my exact plan (ended up buying fpga's instead this time round) - to buy/build a few and sell part sets

when i first saw them i was excited to what they will bring in the future, i want to see the day when every house has one of these built in to the wall, i would also like to see one that can recycle the materials (print something, use it, finish with it, throw it into the printers recycling tub and it gets grinded and reused... or something)

Fuzzy

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 03:38:28 AM

when i first saw them i was excited to what they will bring in the future, i want to see the day when every house has one of these built in to the wall, i would also like to see one that can recycle the materials (print something, use it, finish with it, throw it into the printers recycling tub and it gets grinded and reused... or something)

Pft, you have no imagination.

The best use for these is CLEARLY to make custom pizzas on the fly  Tongue
drakahn

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 03:52:53 AM

Pft, you have no imagination.

The best use for these is CLEARLY to make custom pizzas on the fly  Tongue

i haven't seen one do dough yet but maybe we start with a premade base, cheese and sauce would be easy enough to print a nozzle for, solid toppings could be done with a bit of work again most parts could be printed....

i like it

... i wouldn't recycle a pizza though

---

i think if i did get myself one, the first thing i print (apart from the customary test shotglass) would be the chocolate nozzle... and then bring chocolate bitcoins to sell

---

OP, where in the world are you?

Fuzzy

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 04:02:02 AM

i think if i did get myself one, the first thing i print (apart from the customary test shotglass) would be the chocolate nozzle... and then bring chocolate bitcoins to sell

---

He's laughing all the way to the bank with his chocolate bitcions!  Shocked
drakahn

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 04:05:23 AM

---

lol, well its not like i was going to run out today and get a 3d printer to start doing it, its an idea and OP can use it, doesn't stop me from doing it also down the track, chances are he's in a different part of the world and would have different chocolate/customers anyway... besides, the chocolate bitcoins is only part of the plan :p

Fuzzy

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 04:06:52 AM

---

lol, well its not like i was going to run out today and get a 3d printer to start doing it, its an idea and OP can use it, doesn't stop me from doing it also down the track, chances are he's in a different part of the world and would have different chocolate/customers anyway... besides, the chocolate bitcoins is only part of the plan :p

Let's fill them with mayonnaise...
tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 04:08:14 AM

This is sweet.  I look forwards to parts available and prices.

tom10122 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 07:20:11 PM

Hey sorry i didn't reply sooner , i had school. Anyways I'm looking at a reprap huxley with a build volume of X 6 inch, Y 7 inch, Z 6 inch .For price, well it depends how good the quality i can get out of it. The files would have to be uploaded as .stl or gcode. As for the material i was thinking abs , color idk , im not gonna go out and buy a whole mess of colors . So i guess you guys can vote on the color if you want? The hot end is gonna be 1.75mm for better quality but it can be changed out to 3mm.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: