Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:07:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Status: Enabled] Convert bitcoins to money in your bank account worldwide.  (Read 3759 times)
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 05:17:45 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2012, 12:01:10 AM by Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

EDIT: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102608.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miernik

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 10:20:10 AM

The form field "Country / Currency" is a bit misleading. Looks like you could only send EUR to France, Germany, Italy or Spain.

But down below you have "Country account held in", where you can put any Country.

So how is it? Can the wires be to any country? Or only from that list?

Can a USD wire go to a different country then United States?

If so, I'd recommend to remove the country names from the "Country / Currency" drop-down list, and just have currency codes there.

The way it is it is very confusing. I have no idea looking at the form can I send a USD wire to a bank in a different country then the United States of America.

Also, the wires I imagine are SHA? Not OUR?
If so, it'd matter to say from which bank exactly they are sent. For example my bank is a correspondent of:

AUSTRALIA, AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND BANKING GROUP LIMITED, MELBOURNE, AUD, ANZBAU3M

so if it goes from that bank in AUD, I might decide to do it, otherwise not, because of risk of high intermediary corespondent fees.

Posting a list of all SWIFT correspondents of your bank would also be cool. Then one might see to which banks I can receive the wire without extra fees, and perhaps open an account at one of them.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 10:53:07 AM

The form field "Country / Currency" is a bit misleading. Looks like you could only send EUR to France, Germany, Italy or Spain.

But down below you have "Country account held in", where you can put any Country.

If so, I'd recommend to remove the country names from the "Country / Currency" drop-down list, and just have currency codes there.

The way it is it is very confusing. I have no idea looking at the form can I send a USD wire to a bank in a different country then the United States of America.

Also, the wires I imagine are SHA? Not OUR?
If so, it'd matter to say from which bank exactly they are sent. For example my bank is a correspondent of:

AUSTRALIA, AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND BANKING GROUP LIMITED, MELBOURNE, AUD, ANZBAU3M

so if it goes from that bank in AUD, I might decide to do it, otherwise not, because of risk of high intermediary corespondent fees.

Posting a list of all SWIFT correspondents of your bank would also be cool. Then one might see to which banks I can receive the wire without extra fees, and perhaps open an account at one of them.

Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestions. Regarding the currency options, I'm aware we need to update these for the wire option. They were set up originally for Amazon. You can choose any currency you want and to any country you want. If the currency you want is not in the drop down, just let us know and we'll add it ASAP.

I have no idea what SHA and OUR mean, however I use a service called ozforex.com.au, which has their own bank accounts in countries worldwide, so from my experience so far, there have been little to no intermediary fees.

Any other questions, please be sure to let me know.

Happy Spending!
Jeremy

miernik

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 11:25:43 AM

I have no idea what SHA and OUR mean, however I use a service called ozforex.com.au, which has their own bank accounts in countries worldwide, so from my experience so far, there have been little to no intermediary fees.

Well, they have fees: http://www.ozforex.com.au/why-us/fees
for example 5 USD for USD transfer, 10 EUR for EUR transfer.

Do you cover these fees?
Do you have a minimum payment?
Otherwise someone will order to sell 1 BTC for EUR wire and you'll have to pay 14.96 EUR for that 1 BTC... well... the "Current Exchange Rate" in the "LED style" box doesn't change no matter what currency I choose. Neither in Chromium, neither in Firefox. You should do something about it before someone will want 4960 EUR for a 1000 BTC.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 11:35:58 AM

Well, they have fees: http://www.ozforex.com.au/why-us/fees
for example 5 USD for USD transfer, 10 EUR for EUR transfer.

Do you cover these fees?
Do you have a minimum payment?
Otherwise someone will order to sell 1 BTC for EUR wire and you'll have to pay 14.96 EUR for that 1 BTC... well... the "Current Exchange Rate" in the "LED style" box doesn't change no matter what currency I choose. Neither in Chromium, neither in Firefox. You should do something about it before someone will want 4960 EUR for a 1000 BTC.

They charge 15 AUD for a transfer that I make sending them AUD, and we pass that on to the customer, which is clearly stated on our page. Yeah, sorry about the drop down not working. We're working on getting that fixed. However, the calculator does work (ie if you enter 4960 EUR it will give you the btc amount in Euros) and if you change your currency on the main page (http://spendbitcoins.com) it will follow you around the page.

EDIT: Whoops, it WAS clearly stated. Seems to have not been re-added when I enabled wires this time. I've just put it back. Smiley

Thanks for pointing that out!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 07:53:11 AM

Enabled, max 2000 BTC per person.

https://www.spendbitcoins.com/convert/international-bank-wire/

bitdragon

Activity: 609

peace

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 08:17:18 AM

where is the Swiss Franc Smiley
Can you confirm you can send USD outside the US?

Do I get a better rate using USD somehow?

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 08:30:38 AM

Can you confirm you can send USD outside the US?

Do I get a better rate using USD somehow?

As long as your bank accepts USD you can send them anywhere. Yes, USD and AUD are a better rate as those are the two currencies we deal in so there are no extra exchange rate costs for us. Smiley

Are you serious about Swiss Francs? I'm an ignorant American. Are the Swiss not on the Euro? :-)

miernik

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 08:41:08 AM

As long as your bank accepts USD you can send them anywhere.

You should write which bank sends out those USD wires, otherwise correspondent costs might be an unpredictable unpleasant surprise.

And you should find out and write us, with what cost instruction are the wires sent: BEN, SHA, OUR?

When you make an international bank (wire) transfer you can choose who pays the transfer charges.

BEN, SHA, OUR are codes in a SWIFT instruction:

The OUR instruction means you pay all transfer charges. The beneficiary receives the whole amount.

SHA (shared) means you only pay your bank's outgoing transfer charge. The beneficiary will receive the payment minus the correspondent (intermediary) bank charges.

BEN (beneficiary) means you do not pay any charge. The beneficiary receives your payment minus all transfer charges.

Most common instruction is SHA, and it is usually (in total) the cheapest way to send wires. OUR wires are usually very expensive.

JJJJust

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 08:42:15 AM

As long as your bank accepts USD you can send them anywhere. Yes, USD and AUD are a better rate as those are the two currencies we deal in so there are no extra exchange rate costs for us. Smiley

Are you serious about Swiss Francs? I'm an ignorant American. Are the Swiss not on the Euro? :-)

Switzerland is not part of the eurozone or a wide-scale euro-participating country.

- JJJJust, an informed American (we do exist!)
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 08:48:44 AM

Switzerland isn't even a member of the European Union, let alone the Eurozone. Ignorant American indeed. Cheesy

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
bitdragon

Activity: 609

peace

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 09:17:24 AM

We still have our francs, but on the same sinking ship....
it has been thrown under a bus by fixing the exchange rate to the Euro. Our dear corrupt National Bank is ready to buy 'unlimited' amounts of Euro to maintain 1.2 francs/Euro. Switzerland vs. 100:1 Leverage on forex markets leads to hundreds of billions of Euros on the balance sheet. 

Thanks for the info.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 09:19:23 AM

Switzerland isn't even a member of the European Union, let alone the Eurozone. Ignorant American indeed. Cheesy

Hey, I totally admitted that! I actually live in Australia. I've lived here for 7 years and in Japan for two years before that, but I always use being American as an excuse for anything I don't want to take the blame for individually. Smiley

Full disclosure: I went to government school in the USA.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 11:08:56 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2012, 12:30:42 PM by Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Fixed.

Edit: Now disabled again. Subscribe for updates!

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 09:22:50 AM

Open for business. First come first served (as always). Smiley

TizzyTazzy

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 09:44:21 AM

Very nice website, will be using your service when needed.

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 10:10:37 AM

Why thanks for saying so. Smiley Have you listed yourself (for free or for premium) on our "Places that Accept Bitcoins" page yet? We've had over 15,000 visitors in the last month, so it would be well worth it.

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 11:18:01 AM

...And, wires are closed again. Please try any of our other conversion options, and if you'd like a wire, be quicker next time. Smiley

TizzyTazzy

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 11:32:38 AM

Why thanks for saying so. Smiley Have you listed yourself (for free or for premium) on our "Places that Accept Bitcoins" page yet? We've had over 15,000 visitors in the last month, so it would be well worth it.

No I have not, I'll check that out.

miernik

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 01:06:58 PM

this service has been awesome so far. just wish they needed more bitcoins Smiley

If you need a wire somewhere, PM me the currency, amount in that currency you want, country the wire would go to and I might make an offer. Can Escrow through http://bitmit.net/ (I'd post a sale of xxx fiat by wire).

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: