Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:17:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will there ever be another crypto boom similar to BTC in my lifetime?  (Read 6640 times)
Fierce

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Fierce, The Legend

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 03:06:30 PM

How would you suggest litecoin is fake? The transactions are posted in a public ledger... LTC Gear pays out each week. The address I receive my payments from holds over 14 Million LTC. I would suggest doing the proper research before you throw out ridiculous accusations.

Supercoin (SUPER) The Only REAL Anonymous Coin with multi sig tech. No other altcoin can compete

http://ltcgear.com?apage=259ltcgear.com/?apage=259

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:12:36 AM

Moreover, 99.9% of the mining of LTC is made my few giant ASIC farm owned by Litecoin devs, that's the reason they refused to change the algorithm.

That's pretty interesting, would like to know more about that, do have a spare link lying around?

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Mccoy818

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:40:55 AM

Litecoin will probably explode again because of the simple fact that you can still mine it. It's a good "middle class" coin.

Litecoin is weak as fck.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:02:01 AM

How would you suggest litecoin is fake? The transactions are posted in a public ledger... LTC Gear pays out each week. The address I receive my payments from holds over 14 Million LTC. I would suggest doing the proper research before you throw out ridiculous accusations.

I suggest volume is UTRA FUCKING fake. Yes.
364000 LTC per 24h on one exchange ? 12000000 per months ? come on...

Moreover, 99.9% of the mining of LTC is made my few giant ASIC farm owned by Litecoin devs, that's the reason they refused to change the algorithm.
That's pretty interesting, would like to know more about that, do have a spare link lying around?

There was a huge debate about changing Litecoin algorithm.
Satoshi wanted Bitcoin to be mined by normal people on normal computers around the world and certainly not by giant ASIC mining company.
The reason Litecoin has been created was to be the cryptocurrency that Bitcoin was not any more : a crypto that you mine on your computer, a very decentralized network.
A group of people claimed that there were about to fork Litecoin to a new ASIC resistant algo.
The Litecoin devs themselves got crazy mad despite the fact that Litecoin is not owned by them and they had no right to stop them.
The forking Litecoin group got very active for a time and suddenly disappeared for no reason, leaving no official explanation.
We have proof (from users hashrate reported on some Litecoin pool) that some people were mining Litecoin with ASIC before the official release on the market.
The fact that Litecoin devs where so violently against protecting from ASIC industry show that they were probably big investors of ASIC hardware.
The forking group suggested that if the Litecoin network would be owned by ASIC industry, the original investors would be ruined and this is exactly what happened.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:35:54 AM

I suggest volume is UTRA FUCKING fake. Yes.
364000 LTC per 24h on one exchange ? 12000000 per months ? come on...

There was a huge debate about changing Litecoin algorithm.
Satoshi wanted Bitcoin to be mined by normal people on normal computers around the world and certainly not by giant ASIC mining company.
The reason Litecoin has been created was to be the cryptocurrency that Bitcoin was not any more : a crypto that you mine on your computer, a very decentralized network.
A group of people claimed that there were about to fork Litecoin to a new ASIC resistant algo.
The Litecoin devs themselves got crazy mad despite the fact that Litecoin is not owned by them and they had no right to stop them.
The forking Litecoin group got very active for a time and suddenly disappeared for no reason, leaving no official explanation.
We have proof (from users hashrate reported on some Litecoin pool) that some people were mining Litecoin with ASIC before the official release on the market.
The fact that Litecoin devs where so violently against protecting from ASIC industry show that they were probably big investors of ASIC hardware.
The forking group suggested that if the Litecoin network would be owned by ASIC industry, the original investors would be ruined and this is exactly what happened.

This is a good thing. It shows that gaming the system doesn't always work because there are always bigger fish than you. That's why Proof of Work doesn't need to be decentralized, it just needs to be competitive and vulnerable to outside incursions.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:44:12 PM

This is a good thing. It shows that gaming the system doesn't always work because there are always bigger fish than you. That's why Proof of Work doesn't need to be decentralized, it just needs to be competitive and vulnerable to outside incursions.

It depends how you see things.
Yes, the competition should make it stronger but I believe that the centralization make the network much weaker because it create a central point of attack or corruption.
Once 80% of the network is owned by one ASIC farm, you can take it down or bribe them.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:57:57 PM

It depends how you see things.
Yes, the competition should make it stronger but I believe that the centralization make the network much weaker because it create a central point of attack or corruption.
Once 80% of the network is owned by one ASIC farm, you can take it down or bribe them.

Or you can build a bigger farm.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
abrahamlitcoin

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

♔ of ♥

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:18:36 PM

No, not in my lifetime I say.

Bit N Roll

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:51:15 AM

If bitcoin slumps back in the mud, there will be no crypto boom ever again.
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:53:32 AM

No, not in my lifetime I say.

Unless you are over 60, I would venture that you are wrong.  Grin
Fierce

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Fierce, The Legend

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 07:09:09 PM

selling my genesis-mining account. 43MH scrypt for $12 per MH OBO, msg me please!

Supercoin (SUPER) The Only REAL Anonymous Coin with multi sig tech. No other altcoin can compete

http://ltcgear.com?apage=259ltcgear.com/?apage=259
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: