Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:29:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ian DeMartino of Cointelegraph Can't Remember If He Was Paid By Them  (Read 3077 times)
bluemeanie1 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 08:09:12 PM

More corruption emerges re. Cointelegraph.com , staff writer Ian DeMartino of Glens Falls, NY seems to be unsure as to whether he is a staff writer for Cointelegraph or even if he actually gets paid by them.

https://twitter.com/BlueMeanie4/status/520653433745846272

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bluemeanie1 (OP)

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 08:11:06 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 09:54:41 PM by bluemeanie1

Do you want to read a blog where the writers can't seem to decide if they actually work for Cointelegraph or not?  They are unsure as to whether they are actually being paid.

This is supposed to be a news source.

bluemeanie1 (OP)

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 08:14:38 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 09:20:26 PM by bluemeanie1

Ian DeMartino's LinkedIn Profile

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:33:34 PM

OMG, Joshua still trying to increase your fanbase  Huh

When do you plan to return the stolen money?
cassius69

Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:46:52 PM

which one of them draws the pictures?

IanDeMartino

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:07:22 PM

Ian DeMartino's LinkedIn Profile

LOL.

You asked me if I am an employee of theirs. I am not an employee. I freelance write for them. Staff writer is the most accurate description on LinkedIn.

But oooooh nooooooo, you caught me saying on my LinkedIn that I'm a staff writer when I'm technically a freelancer even though they make up 90% of my work.

What is your point?

Tips: 1BJXcqnQyQipwo5ft1WzZpV3qJGEDE2JkP
bluemeanie1 (OP)

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:08:25 PM

you clearly had two different stories. 

Why would you not want to state your employment status with Cointelegraph?

IanDeMartino

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:13:52 PM

Uh, no, I didn't have two stories.

For the benefit of the jury, I'd like to point out that he accused me of being paid by NXT, I said "no one has ever paid me" of course assuming he would know that I don't mean the publication I write for and instead mean Coin Developers or Bitcoin companies or whatever my Subject is.

He then went on a tirade on twitter about how I claim to work for CoinTelegraph for free.  Roll Eyes

Of course I get paid by CT, it would be patently ridiculous to say otherwise, it is how I pay my bills, my rent and make savings. I am (nearly) 100% btc income. Jesus, and I didn't even write the article he is mad about. BM is clearly one weird dude.

have anything else BM? Going to call my parents?

bluemeanie1 (OP)

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:43:19 PM

Ian DeMartino,

It's fairly clear above you disclaim that you are a staff member of Cointelegraph.com , but you list that on your LinkedIn profile that you are a staff writer(established above).

Why do you have several stories about your working relationship with Cointelegraph?

bluemeanie1 (OP)

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:50:02 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 05:50:40 PM by bluemeanie1

something Ian DeMartino recently wrote regarding NXT.

Quote from: Ian DeMartino of Cointelegraph.com
Another writer from CT here. You guys may remember me as someone who has covered NXT in the past, blah blah. Remember how Coindesk got the Bter hack story all wrong and I reported on it responsibly? That was me. I also wrote the follow up, and an article when Multigateway launched, and. . . you get the point, I won't bore you with anymore.

So, I'm not going to get into a big argument in this highly unprofessional thread. But here is an example of some of the tweets the article received. https://twitter.com/A8Fatama/status/519681109529862144

Regardless of who is behind such tweets. CoinTelegraph isn't going to pay for fake tweets, especially since, as the author well knows, our pay structure is based on Social Media shares. Each fake tweet takes money out of the other writer's pockets, including mine. I certainly understand and appreciate any community support, including any crazy SM schemes that get us tons of tweets at someone else's expense. But robot tweets can't be used to determine pay, for obvious reasons.

I am posting this because I feel like I am a friend of the NXT community and as a writer for CoinTelegraph do not enjoy seeing our name dragged through the mud. I agree with Damelon that this is an internal CoinTelegraph matter, and I won't speak any further on it. Maybe my superiors will, I don't know, but I find this highly disappointing.

[Should also note that the above post has no connections with anyone else from CT, I have informed my superiors of this thread but posted the above on my own and it doesn't necessarily reflect anyone else's views. And no, they didn't ask me to add this disclaimer either]

IanDeMartino

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:54:20 PM

Ian DeMartino,

It's fairly clear above you disclaim that you are a staff member of Cointelegraph.com , but you list that on your LinkedIn profile that you are a staff writer(established above).

Why do you have several stories about your working relationship with Cointelegraph?

You didn't ask me if I was a staff writer. You asked me if I was an employee. As there is no contract, I am freelance. My LinkedIn profile says staff writer because that is what I do within the company. But I can't tell you I'm an employee of CoinTelegraph if I'm not an employee. I can go write for whoever I want, but I stick with them because it pays the bills and they keep my busy. As you can see on my LinkedIn profile, I have worked for other companies while working for CT.

That is because I have the freedom to do that. They include Stiqblox.com (crowdfunding) Gizchina.com (Chinese Android Phones) and SocialNewsDaily.com (social media stuff).

Now, CT pays more than those places (but they are fine places to work in their own right) so I pretty much only write for them now, but I have the ability and the right to write for whoever I want to write for.

Because I'm freelance.

Get it?

The most you are accusing me of here is being unsure of my official title at CoinTelegraph. And sure, okay, I'll grant you that.

bluemeanie1 (OP)

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 05:17:13 PM

Because I'm freelance.

Get it?

Ian DeMartino,

It would appear you are a compulsive liar.

IanDeMartino

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:28:48 PM

okay. . .?

How again?

ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 05:41:24 PM

Because I'm freelance.

Get it?

Ian DeMartino,

It would appear you are a compulsive liar.

Dude, chill. He claims exactly what he says. Which part of being a freelance writer who is also a staff writer for a publication don't you get? He gets paid by the publication, but not the companies/coins he covers. What's the lie again?
bluemeanie1 (OP)

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 05:43:05 PM

Ian DeMartino, I'd say it is clear you are guilty of disingenuous contempt.

You call yourself a reporter?

Appears you are a ponzi pumper who looks like a hack journalist.

Seems that other people disagree with your statement that you never took any payments from NXT.

LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:47:08 PM

Hey Joshua Zeidner no new ideas, this is getting boring.

When do you plan to return what you stole?
It's quite a lot of money for most of us...
bluemeanie1 (OP)

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 05:48:03 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 06:07:07 PM by bluemeanie1

Dude, chill.

You do understand that when these people are shown to be guilty of harassment, defamation, libel and possibly even extortion - the specific liabilities vary depending on whether the author was actually a staff member.

The damages in this case I estimate to be above $200,000 USD.

This is Ian's motive for making up stories regarding his employment status.  He's also attempting to cover up the fact that he is not really a reporter, but rather an ponzi investor who poses as a reporter.

LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:54:06 PM

Hey Joshua Zeidner no new ideas, this is getting boring.

When do you plan to return what you stole?
It's quite a lot of money for most of us...

Why don't you answer?!?
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:13:13 PM

Dude, chill.

You do understand that when these people are shown to be guilty of harassment, defamation, libel and possibly even extortion - the specific liabilities vary depending on whether the author was actually a staff member.

This is Ian's motive for making up stories regarding his employment status.  He's also attempting to cover up the fact that he is not really a reporter, but rather an ponzi investor who poses as a reporter.

I really hope that you're not starting to believe your own lies, Joshua.
Expecting to receive $ 200,000 isn't very realistic, as you have no evidence for any of your allegations.
None at all.....and do you know why ?
Because almost nothing that you claim has any basis in the real world, no matter what you keep posting.
This is why you never produce any evidence of anything you claim, because it never happened.

But on the other hand, the people that you have harassed, defamed and libelled have an absolute wealth of evidence, all of it from your own mouth, all of it preserved for ever, all of it directly traceable back to you.
This is why I'm beginning to believe that you do have a mental illness, no sane person would carry on digging the worlds deepest hole for themselves.
I haven't even needed to mention your original breach of contract and theft of 1 million NXT.

Have you actually had any contact with a lawyer, as you keep threatening ?
You really should try calling one, instead of just blowing insanity all over teh Interwebz.
They will take one look at the shit you've pulled over the last few months, then recommend that you leave their office.

BTW: I worked for the Bitcoin Foundation once.....wanna start harassing them as well?

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
bluemeanie1 (OP)

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 07:28:17 PM

Dave Pearce, when did you work for the Bitcoin Foundation?

or did you just make that up to look like you have credibility?

similar to how you claim to have a working relationship with Patrick Byrne.

Dude, chill.

I really hope that you're not starting to believe your own lies, Joshua.
Expecting to receive $ 200,000 isn't very realistic, as you have no evidence for any of your allegations.
None at all.....and do you know why ?
Because almost nothing that you claim has any basis in the real world, no matter what you keep posting.
This is why you never produce any evidence of anything you claim, because it never happened.

But on the other hand, the people that you have harassed, defamed and libelled have an absolute wealth of evidence, all of it from your own mouth, all of it preserved for ever, all of it directly traceable back to you.
This is why I'm beginning to believe that you do have a mental illness, no sane person would carry on digging the worlds deepest hole for themselves.
I haven't even needed to mention your original breach of contract and theft of 1 million NXT.

Have you actually had any contact with a lawyer, as you keep threatening ?
You really should try calling one, instead of just blowing insanity all over teh Interwebz.
They will take one look at the shit you've pulled over the last few months, then recommend that you leave their office.

BTW: I worked for the Bitcoin Foundation once.....wanna start harassing them as well?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: