Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:52:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: question about selling mined coins.  (Read 1227 times)
Death (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:35:54 PM

i'm a small miner. do i need to register with fincen if i sell bitcoins to exchanges? this would be like me mining gold and pawning it.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:33:59 PM

No. You can sell coins on Coinbase or any similar exchange relatively easily. You should be fine.

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
HELP.org

Activity: 510

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 04:39:18 PM

No, I got a FinCEN ruling last year:

http://cointext.com/fincen-issues-bitcoin-friendly-ruling-for-miners/

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
Death (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:06:47 PM

ahhh thank you so much!! i tried to sell a coin and the bank closed my account. i couldn't sleep thinking maybe i had broken the law and they were about to kick down my door to shoot me and my dog. thank you.
HELP.org

Activity: 510

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 08:14:30 PM

ahhh thank you so much!! i tried to sell a coin and the bank closed my account. i couldn't sleep thinking maybe i had broken the law and they were about to kick down my door to shoot me and my dog. thank you.

What did you do?  Link your account to Coinbase or Circle?

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
Death (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:10:37 PM

What did you do?  Link your account to Coinbase or Circle?

Can't say. But it was a Canadian bank.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: