Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:33:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to send coins  (Read 1137 times)
SkRRJyTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:29:25 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2012, 12:35:39 PM by SkRRJyTC

I recently upgrade my client for the first time ever.  I had a 0.3.x copy.  After I got the new 0.6.2 client I was unable to send coins to a friends address.  I deleted everything buy my wallet.dat file to try and re download the block chain.  This took many hours, appears to have re downloaded the new blockchain, I still have all my coins, but Im still unable to send them to my friend.

Help?

EDIT:  I was trying to send to an invalid address.  The address I was trying to send to had a non visible illegal character in it somehow...
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 10:29:30 PM

Im still unable to send them to my friend.

Is the problem that you are getting an error message when trying to send, or is it that your friend is saying that they are not arriving?

If the problem is the payment is not arriving, then check the blockchain to see if the transaction appears there.  If it does, then the problem is on your friend's end, not yours.

- http://www.blockchain.info

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

SkRRJyTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 11:09:20 PM

The address field turns red.  I get no error message.  The coins dont leave my wallet.
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 11:30:50 PM

Are you typing in your encryption password?

Are you cut and pasting the send to address?  Does it have a leading or trailing space in the cut and paste? (If so, elminate any spaces)
SkRRJyTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 12:10:23 AM

Are you typing in your encryption password?

Are you cut and pasting the send to address?  Does it have a leading or trailing space in the cut and paste? (If so, elminate any spaces)

I dont have an encryption password, I dont think.  Yes I am cut and pasting, there are no spaces.

Sidenote: Its a really bad feeling when the transaction doesnt send and I dont even get an error message...
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 12:28:11 AM

Try sending a small amount (like .0001) to a different address, I vaguely recall reading that you can't send to an invalid address.
SkRRJyTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 12:53:34 AM

Try sending a small amount (like .0001) to a different address, I vaguely recall reading that you can't send to an invalid address.

I was able to send a .01 coin bet to satoshi dice from my new client... still not able to send to my friends.  2 different people have given me addresses from their wallets and addresses from their mt gox account... they are using 0.6.2 and a blockchain.info wallet... this is weird.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 09:02:19 AM

I was able to send a .01 coin bet to satoshi dice from my new client... still not able to send to my friends.  2 different people have given me addresses from their wallets and addresses from their mt gox account... they are using 0.6.2 and a blockchain.info wallet... this is weird.

Still sounds like a problem with the address.

Can you try pasting it into something else that will try to validate it?   Such as the Bitcoin faucet?

- http://FreeBitcoins.appspot.com
 - http://www.BitCrate.net

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 12:15:42 PM

It's my address, with blockchain.info wallet in my sig, myself opened a thread about this too, I just tryed to send to it from Gox & it worked fine - no idea what's happening

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 08:20:41 PM

Bookend for this thread:

- http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82004.0

Problem ended up being an unprintable character in the address that was being copied and pasted.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █