Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:30:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'll Make You Cringe  (Read 2208 times)
the joint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 02:27:09 AM

So, my contact rolled up into the back of my eye today.  I was typing at my computer when I had an itch in my left eye.  I closed my eye, rubbed it casually, and realized that I could no longer see out of that eye.

I went to the bathroom and lifted up my eyelid while looking every which way for the damn thing.  It was nowhere to be found.  I rinsed it on and off for 2 hours from multiple angles using the sink faucet and the shower head.  I gently rubbed the corners of my eyeball while looking in all directions -- still, no visible evidence of a contact...but I could still feel it tucked up there, way back in the top-left corner.

I went to urgent care (no health insurance as I graduated literally 1 week ago...what are the odds?).  They had me lay down, and gave me some drops to numb my eye.

Then out came the pliers.  One nurse took a pair of pliers and wrenched my top eyelid back and flipped it inside out.  Another nurse did the same with my lower lid.  The doctor took a swab and poked under each eye lid and gently massaged my eyeball to try to coax the contact to come out.

After 5 minutes of searching, they tried the same tactic using a florescent dye and an ultraviolet light to try to illuminate the contact to make it visible.  Again, they failed.

Four hours later, my contact is still there, all tucked away and rolled up in the back of my eye.

Awesome fucking night.  Killer.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 02:30:44 AM

Friend of mine had that happen, but he had "hard" contacts instead of the usual soft ones, so after a bit of messing around it came out. Yours is probably all bunched up behind your eye lol.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 02:31:21 AM

Friend of mine had that happen, but he had "hard" contacts instead of the usual soft ones, so after a bit of messing around it came out. Yours is probably all bunched up behind your eye lol.

Yeah...like the retarded flapjack that didn't make the heap.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 02:40:44 AM

I'm sorry, I don't usually indulge in schadenfreude, but I am imagining you with red and tearing eyes, slouching through your front door, fumbling, stumbling, and mumbling to yourself, "...and I can't even rest yet because I got to see what new disaster's going on at the rackin', frackin' bitcointalk forum..."  Cheesy

Still around.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 02:46:13 AM

I'm sorry, I don't usually indulge in schadenfreude, but I am imagining you with red and tearing eyes, slouching through your front door, fumbling, stumbling, and mumbling to yourself, "...and I can't even rest yet because I got to see what new disaster's going on at the rackin', frackin' bitcointalk forum..."  Cheesy

Well, I do have priorities you know  Cheesy

Now, time to piss off my roommate and scatter puss on all the doorknobs.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 04:31:56 AM

That makes me feel very lucky to have good vision!

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 01:09:41 PM

This is getting rather disturbing.  It's been stuck back there for over 12 hours now.  Woke up with my eye practically sealed shut from it tearing constantly overnight.  It's a bit better at the moment but seriously...where the hell is this thing!?

Edit:  Is there a doctor in the house?
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 05:09:10 PM

This is getting rather disturbing.  It's been stuck back there for over 12 hours now.  Woke up with my eye practically sealed shut from it tearing constantly overnight.  It's a bit better at the moment but seriously...where the hell is this thing!?

Edit:  Is there a doctor in the house?

You left the hospital without getting treated/cured? What backwash system is that Tongue

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 05:39:46 PM

Edit:  Is there a doctor in the house?

You left the hospital without getting treated/cured? What backwash system is that Tongue

Aint Canader.. thats for sure.. Cheesy

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:22:23 PM

Wait, a US doctor just left it in there?! I have an idea. This will require professional help (an actual doctor). DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!

Your eyeball need to be removed from it's socket. Not enough to pull out the optic nerve, but enough for them to grab the contact from the back of the socket.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:26:26 PM

Wait, a US doctor just left it in there?! I have an idea. This will require professional help (an actual doctor). DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!

Your eyeball need to be removed from it's socket. Not enough to pull out the optic nerve, but enough for them to grab the contact from the back of the socket.

... WTF lol Yeah, I won't be trying that at home anytime soon.

And yeah, they left it in there.  I've been reading online and apparently one lady had it in there for 5 years, others a few weeks/months...

This really makes me want lasik surgery.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:30:17 PM

THIS is why I don't wear contacts.
mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:33:30 PM

And yeah, they left it in there.  I've been reading online and apparently one lady had it in there for 5 years, others a few weeks/months...

Been reading a little here. Saw the 5 year thing, so I guess you might have already visited this: http://www.aclens.com/forums/toast.asp?sub=show&action=posts&fid=8&tid=1091

This sounds like a good idea:
The only thing that has ever worked is laying on your back and adding drops to your eyes. The air bubble will automatically bring the contact lens back to the top-keep a mirror next to you so you can keep checking under the lid of your eye so that when you see enough of it you can grab it enough to take out. Be patient it works it just takes time.

Do you live in the USA?

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:34:49 PM

THIS is why I don't wear contacts.

Honestly, it's the idea of it being back there that really gets to me more than anything else.

It doesn't hurt.  It feels a little...odd, and its definitely red around the edges and it's tearing still, though it's tolerable.

The biggest problem for me is that I still play sports competitively and glasses absolutely do not cut it for sports, and I'm very afraid to put another contact in there at the moment.  I'm also afraid to get any kind of dirt in there that could attach itself to the lens and cause an infection.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:36:33 PM

And yeah, they left it in there.  I've been reading online and apparently one lady had it in there for 5 years, others a few weeks/months...

Been reading a little here. Saw the 5 year thing, so I guess you might have already visited this: http://www.aclens.com/forums/toast.asp?sub=show&action=posts&fid=8&tid=1091

This sounds like a good idea:
The only thing that has ever worked is laying on your back and adding drops to your eyes. The air bubble will automatically bring the contact lens back to the top-keep a mirror next to you so you can keep checking under the lid of your eye so that when you see enough of it you can grab it enough to take out. Be patient it works it just takes time.

Do you live in the USA?

Yes, I live in the USA.  And yes, that's where I read the 5-year thing.  Believe me, I've spent about 4-5 hours trying virtually everything I can think of with no luck, including everything listed on that forum.  I even suspended my head upside down for 15 minutes to see if gravity is the force it claims it is.  It isn't.
mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:40:23 PM

Dude, just go to the ER and get it out. You really don't want to look back (pun intended) years later and wonder why you didn't take care of it before it became a problem.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:42:09 PM

ShopVac.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:43:28 PM

Ummm,  why are you not going to an optomatrist ?

They have probably saw this more than a doctor..

Lets use a little common sense people..

Get the fucking thing out.. the longer its in there the more chance its making a home, and fung shuai'ing your eye hole..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:44:35 PM

I'm sorry. The internet has desensitized us all.
mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:45:44 PM

ShopVac.
seems legit

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: