Print  
Author Topic: ..  (Read 4498 times)
Devin Chow (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:01:57 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 12:31:45 AM by Devin Chow

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:07:46 AM

Isn't south park cancelled from like 10 years ago...

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 06:50:47 AM

Simpsons did it.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Sakarias-Corporation

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 07:28:10 AM

Simpsons did it.

maybe something bigger, not just a poster that is showed for 5 sec x) ?

Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:13:33 PM

I doubt that bitcoin fanatics would like what the creators of South Park would have to say about bitcoin. In the past, they haven't exactly shown religious fanatics in a good light.
I guess that the episode would resemble something like "About last night", where some people felt extremely euphoric for Obama getting elected and promising change. Now they could show degenerate gamblers shouting that their greed for easy profits is for the greater good in supporting the fight against the evil banksters!

Anyway, a great show and I would love to see what they had to say about bitcoin.

The Simpsons also mentioned bitcoin when showing how Krusty the Clown, as an degenerate gambler, lost his money on the ponies and at the bitcoin market.
http://onbitcoin.com/2013/12/08/simpsons-bitcoin-krusty-clown-goes-broke-bitcoin/

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░         ░                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓░     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓   ▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Totle: DEX Aggregator 

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▓███    █████   
                    █     ▓█▒   █   
                   ██       ██▒██   
                   █                
            █████████████           
   ████████░             ░████████  
  █░ ░██                     ▒█▒  ██
  █░██     ░▓▓▓▒      ▓▓▓▒     ░█ ██
   ██      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▒▓▓▓▓      ██  
   ██        ░░        ░░       ▒█  
    █░                          █   
     █▓      ██░      ██░     ░█    
       ██░       ████      ░██      
          ████████████████    

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█
frienemy

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

I was promised da moon

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:26:11 PM

Simpsons did it.

There's also an episode with Kruste mentioning that he has lost his money with bitcoin speculation.

MCTRL_751 >   END OF LINE
digitalgrow

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:30:28 PM

There's also an episode with Kruste mentioning that he has lost his money with bitcoin speculation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ovL20iGEac

I hope he didnt get hacked  Cheesy
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 12:35:39 PM

I doubt that bitcoin fanatics would like what the creators of South Park would have to say about bitcoin. In the past, they haven't exactly shown religious fanatics in a good light.
I guess that the episode would resemble something like "About last night", where some people felt extremely euphoric for Obama getting elected and promising change. Now they could show degenerate gamblers shouting that their greed for easy profits is for the greater good in supporting the fight against the evil banksters!

Anyway, a great show and I would love to see what they had to say about bitcoin.

The creators of South Park are libertarians. They would likely support it.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
njcarlos

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:37:19 PM

Ya, South Park'll do it for Bitcoin. We need that. Definitely. Great idea. Way to advance the cause.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:24:05 AM

I guess South Park will do an episode after Bitcoin gets wide spread acceptance.
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:26:17 PM

The creators of South Park are libertarians. They would likely support it.

Yes, they are libertarians. But no, that doesn't mean they would support it.

Even if they do "support" it, they'd likely make fun of it. (Or of the cultists.)

zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:29:48 PM

Wasn't Good Wife mainstream?

I am not american - but legal drama series sound much more mainstream than South Park which is rather niche.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:34:49 PM

I am not american - but legal drama series sound much more mainstream than South Park which is rather niche.

I wouldn't call South Park "niche."  I saw the Book of Mormon musical -- which is basically South Park wrapped in a different package and performed live -- twice, and I'd guess there were more people in their 40's and 50's than there were people in their 20's.  I even counted dozens of senior citizens couples.

But yes, Good Wife was mainstream and it generated a noticeable uptick in Bitcoin searches that lasted for a couple days.  Overall impact on the price was fairly negligent IIRC.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 09:59:56 PM

Lol, you Bitcoin Nutters still cling to the idea that, if only more people would know about it more people would use it.
That's no longer true, at present pretty much everybody who hasn't been living under a rock these past two years has head of it. Most people just don't want to use it, deal with it.

And making fun of something pretty much is by definition contrary to taking it serious.
maker88

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:23:32 PM

That's no longer true, at present pretty much everybody who hasn't been living under a rock these past two years has head of it.

this is incredibly false. if you go around and ask 100 random people if they know what bitcoin is, you'd be hard pressed to find 10 that say yes.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 10:26:28 PM

That's no longer true, at present pretty much everybody who hasn't been living under a rock these past two years has head of it.

this is incredibly false. if you go around and ask 100 random people if they know what bitcoin is, you'd be hard pressed to find 10 that say yes.

If you come around like a Bitcoin Nutter they probably say no and walk away just to avoid to tip you off. I know I would.
I suspect the same would happen if you ask them about Amway or Scientology.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:56:25 PM

Good Wife? Who watches Good Wife? lol

Millions of people per episode.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:01:26 AM

The problem is, that Matt and Trey won't do a show about something nobody heard of. So first it must become public knowledge, then a show about a silly sect of magic internet money... And yeah, I'm sure they'd make it hurt, just watch a WoW episode or last one about transgenders for that matter Wink

i am satoshi
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:59:54 PM

Indeed.

If South Park done a show about Bitcoin, it would be most likely be centred upon the theme of "the only good use for Bitcoin is buying drugs", with regular interjections by some dodgy chap popping up out of knowhere proclaiming "and for buying sex with 8 year old boys!"

Cartman would also likely make landslide profits from investing it, when the rest of South Park Elementary would lose all their dinner money in it.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: