Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:45:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptonyx.com - up to 6% per week - Discussion  (Read 7834 times)
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:03:44 PM

There is no connection between legitimacy and ponzi. A legitimate company can be ponzi and illegitimate service may not be a ponzi.
By legitimate I mean their business activities are what they claim. There is no way they are actually generating the huge returns needed to pay out their loans to investors by the secret methods they claim. They are not a legitimate buiness.

I am familiar with these signs, but this is only a warning, not an absolute truth.
At the moment there are no facts. In my opinion this service should get a chance. But I can be wrong.
You will never get definitive proof either way unless they open up their records to a third party. Why do you think the service should get a chance? What makes you think they are different then any other ponzi before them?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GoldSurfer (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:26:57 PM

By legitimate I mean their business activities are what they claim. There is no way they are actually generating the huge returns needed to pay out their loans to investors by the secret methods they claim. They are not a legitimate buiness.
What business? What activities? On the website there is not a single word about fiat, they accept only bitcoin. That's why I said that I don't care about their legitimacy. I live in a country where bitcoin is not legitimate, so I do not care. And if it was about fiat then of course you were absolutely right, but it's not.

You will never get definitive proof either way unless they open up their records to a third party. Why do you think the service should get a chance? What makes you think they are different then any other ponzi before them?
At the moment their service works, unlike those who are already failed. This is the main difference. And the chance is necessary because I need such services, and I am sure that I am not alone.

CRYPTONYX - Up to 6% per week! https://cryptonyx.com/?ref=2270
LorkiSan

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:46:43 PM

any other ponzi before them?
Dont forget that there is a probability that you are wrong  Wink
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:50:43 PM

What business? What activities? On the website there is not a single word about fiat, they accept only bitcoin. That's why I said that I don't care about their legitimacy. I live in a country where bitcoin is not legitimate, so I do not care. And if it was about fiat then of course you were absolutely right, but it's not.
Because the site deals in Bitcoin it is okay for it to be a Ponzi scheme? That sounds quite convoluted. The fact of the matter is that they claim to have all kinds of traders, miners and whatnot standing by to put your money to work. But in reality, they just use your money to pay out previous investors. There is not a single shred of evidence that they're actually doing anything to earn a profit with the money you deposit.

At the moment their service works, unlike those who are already failed. This is the main difference. And the chance is necessary because I need such services, and I am sure that I am not alone.
Of course it works. All Ponzi schemes work right up to the moment that they don't. They'll pay out perfectly and then one day they don't. Also to claim that their service works unlike those who already failed is an incredibly silly comparison. If someone starts such a scheme today, they can claim that it still works, unlike others that have already failed. That doesn't prove anything.

Mark my words: Somewhere in the next, I dunno, 6 months (seems like a reasonable upper limit, could be longer if the stars align, but unlikely), this website will stop paying out. They may claim that they were hacked, since that claim is all the rage now, or just go offline without saying anything. People with money still on the site will lose it all.

All of this has happened before. All of this will happen again.
Keyser Soze

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:55:32 PM

According to their site, they do something with your funds once deposited:

Once you have transferred funds and your Deposit has become active, your coins begin to work. Methods of raising funds are time-tested and all risks are minimized.
Income is derived by experienced traders, speculators, miners and entrepreneurs. We do not disclose our methods, but we can assure you that they work perfectly for a very long time.
Of course they are vague and secretive about what they do, but they do claim to "put your coins to work" presumably in some way that will generate a profit.

Ah the old "they are currently paying out" line. This is the nature of a ponzi scheme, they will pay out every time until suddenly they do not. They may be paying out now, but there will be a time where they will stop. Ponzis are not sustainable and eventually will shut down leaving many people with losses.

I'll ask you plainly, do you think they are a hyip/ponzi? If not, why?

Edit: Fixed quotes.
LorkiSan

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:43:02 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2014, 11:40:33 PM by LorkiSan

Of course they are vague and secretive about what they do, but they do claim to "put your coins to work" presumably in some way that will generate a profit.
Also there is not written that it is legitimate ways of generating profit. We can only guess at the moment.

Because the site deals in Bitcoin it is okay for it to be a Ponzi scheme?
But in reality, they just use your money to pay out previous investors.
And I would not say that it is a ponzi. Again, these are just guesses.

There is not a single shred of evidence that they're actually doing anything to earn a profit with the money you deposit.
Also, there is no evidence to the contrary.
Keyser Soze

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:12:44 PM

snip
"There is no proof they are a ponzi" is a typical ponzi supporter's argument because no one outside the company can provide definitive proof. They present themselves just like a ponzi, why would a reasonable person think otherwise?

As I said before...
Everything about them screams HYIP/ponzi. If you don't see it then you are either incredibly naive or a shill for the scheme.
LorkiSan

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:40:21 PM

They present themselves just like a ponzi
No, they don't. You think so.
Keyser Soze

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:16:57 AM

Please elaborate, why don't you think they are a ponzi?
LorkiSan

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:37:40 AM

The fact that they are anonymous and pay good interest is not enough to think so. In the world of cryptocurrencies you can earn more, but you need to quit your job and leave your own family Grin
GoldSurfer (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:06:27 PM

I don't know, but there is a chance that these guys know what they are doing, isn't it?
I noticed that it is very difficult to launch a new service, because people do not trust anything. Even new legitimate exchanges suffer from this. But among them there are many good services, so why not give them a chance? Nobody says that you should give them all your money, just enough to treat them more kindly.

CRYPTONYX - Up to 6% per week! https://cryptonyx.com/?ref=2270
eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:30:39 PM

No way that this one is not another ponzi. 6% a week, come on...
Just another bitcoin-trader.biz.
hertruda89

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 09:22:58 PM

Just another bitcoin-trader.biz.
I don't think so, they have a 2-week deposit(2%per w), no need to wait 3 months to get paid, and they do not accept HYIP e-currencies like Perfect Money or EgoPay.
grbox2001

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:28:53 AM

This is almost 100% a ponzi. If you see people with low post counts supporting it they are probably shills or just idiots. We *just* witnessed the collapse of bitcoin-trader.biz and some people are supporting this??!? (See also Bitcoin Savings and Trust etc. etc.)

I seriously want to start a ponzi site and collapse it and then return everyone their original deposits just so some people might learn a lesson without it costing them thousands or tens of thousands of dollars.

LorkiSan

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:55:47 AM

If you see people with low post counts supporting it they are probably shills or just idiots.
Enough of insults. You're wrong.
Rannasha

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:33:11 AM

If you see people with low post counts supporting it they are probably shills or just idiots.
Prove it.
grbox2001

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:48:24 AM

Do you want to make a bet with a trusted member of this forum acting as an escrow? I'm sure many of us here would be willing to take that bet. Like say the operate for a year without getting hacked, lost wallet, lost in a typhoon, etc etc etc. I'm sure you wouldn't take that bet. Because, Ponzi.
LorkiSan

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:20:57 AM

Prove it.
1. The proof requires facts.
2. He actually insulted people without facts.
3. I don't have to prove anything to anyone, I don't allow myself to insult strangers.

Do you want to make a bet with a trusted member of this forum acting as an escrow? I'm sure many of us here would be willing to take that bet. Like say the operate for a year without getting hacked, lost wallet, lost in a typhoon, etc etc etc. I'm sure you wouldn't take that bet. Because, Ponzi.
I have another deal. I will make this bet after some time when I get a few payments here. In other words, I will bet my own first profit. If I lose, I admit my mistake and pay for it. If you lose, then you will double my first profit.
Rannasha

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:44:09 PM

I have another deal. I will make this bet after some time when I get a few payments here. In other words, I will bet my own first profit. If I lose, I admit my mistake and pay for it. If you lose, then you will double my first profit.
So you're admitting that you don't even know if this website is legitimate or not? You seem to have doubts. Why send them money if you're not even sure that they're legitimate?

I would be happy to take a bet from anyone who believes that this website is legit. I bet that this scheme will collapse in less than a year (probably much sooner). We can find a mutually trusted escrow. Anyone want to put their money where their mouth is?
LorkiSan

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:31:34 PM

So you're admitting that you don't even know if this website is legitimate or not? You seem to have doubts. Why send them money if you're not even sure that they're legitimate?
Of course I don't know. How should I know? Yes, I invested my funds there, not knowing anything about those who have launched this service. So what? Not much time has passed since my good friend has received advice from the veterans of the forum to use Mt.Gox exchange. Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: