Bitcoin Forum
April 29, 2017, 03:51:13 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: YouTube Video: Bitcoin Mining: Three Months Later  (Read 4574 times)
darvil

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 04:58:44 AM

Hey casascius

You mentioned you still solo right?  How much are you still able to make.  Are you close to the point where you will join a pool?

I have about 3.5k mhash and I'm in a pool right now.  Was wondering how viable it would be to solo.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2011, 06:32:42 AM

Hey casascius

You mentioned you still solo right?  How much are you still able to make.  Are you close to the point where you will join a pool?

I have about 3.5k mhash and I'm in a pool right now.  Was wondering how viable it would be to solo.
I will probably never join a pool.  The difference is insignificant for me.  My miners just got a block within the last hour.  It's less frequent, but I still get blocks perhaps slightly better than every other day it seems.  Difficulty calculator says I should get a block every 31 hours at current difficulty (157426).

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
darvil

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 08:17:20 AM

How many Mhashes do you have?  Was it 8K? I think I remember that from the video.

Do you just let them solo all together? nothing fancy right?

Although at my rate I don't think I can actually solo effectively.

I'd be in the 60+ hours compared to you.. if what you have is 8K
Trini8ed

Activity: 375

<3 Bitcoins

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 08:30:36 AM

Hey casascius

I will probably never join a pool.  The difference is insignificant for me.  My miners just got a block within the last hour.  It's less frequent, but I still get blocks perhaps slightly better than every other day it seems.  Difficulty calculator says I should get a block every 31 hours at current difficulty (157426).

Where do you get the current difficulties? also I am going to start up a farm already have 3 5870's! Gonna get a nice farm up and going but tbh I realize if I spend money on a farm I can sell the cards and come out even if it doesn't work out because its not like once you buy the hardware it becomes worthless :3 Thinking of getting a cheap p4 and a cheap p45 board and sticking 2 5970's in it!

Everyone Loves Donations: 1PEVhtmnBqiN8rYXLHhtUWAB6q9X63Zm9D
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Trini8ed
zimpixa

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 09:51:35 AM

If those rigs standing in your kitchen... Where the hell are u preparing your meals?

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
REF

Activity: 526

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 11:47:43 PM

hey i was just wondering what MoBo and CPU are you using in your rigs?
Binford 6100

Activity: 504

PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 01:24:35 AM

MtGox is operated from Japan.

isn't it ironic that the biggest exchange of a crypto commodity that's created basically by massive electricity consumption is operated from a country plagued by the biggest nuclear meltdown in a power-plant known to mankind so far.

btw i liked your video : )

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
1bitc0inplz

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 01:28:15 AM

If those rigs standing in your kitchen... Where the hell are u preparing your meals?

I wonder the same thing...

Mine @ http://pool.bitp.it - No fees, virtually 0 stales, what's not to love!
Chat with us @ #bitp.it on irc.freenode.net
Learn more about our pool @ http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12181.0
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 01:30:10 AM

I think he can now afford to dine at the restaurant  Grin 
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 05:13:02 PM

I think he can now afford to dine at the restaurant  Grin