Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:34:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen to economy once we have technology for Replicators?  (Read 827 times)
oprahwindfury (OP)

Activity: 568
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:34:00 PM

Replicator (Star Trek) - In Star Trek a replicator is a machine capable of creating (and recycling) objects. Replicators were originally seen used to synthesize meals on demand, but in later series they took on many other uses.

-from Wikipedia

Let's just say this technology is freely accessible to everyone. The poor, the rich, the destitute, you and me. I was thinking what would happen once humanity reaches a point where the acquisition of unlimited resources would not be a problem. No more wars fighting over who gets the most petrol or who controls which natural mineral mines. Our current economic model--capitalism will cease to exist because a scarcity based economy wouldn't exist anymore.

How do you think this would affect humanity as a whole if this technology were to come into fruition?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:46:53 PM

It won't happen in my lifetime so I don't need to worry too much about it Smiley
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:09:22 PM

This technology will come from internal processes, not external.

Manifestation is a constant ongoing process.  The more aware we become of this, the more we can control what we manifest.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:57:02 PM

[...] Let's just say this technology is freely accessible to everyone. The poor, the rich, the destitute, you and me. I was thinking what would happen once humanity reaches a point where the acquisition of unlimited resources would not be a problem. No more wars fighting over who gets the most petrol or who controls which natural mineral mines. Our current economic model--capitalism will cease to exist because a scarcity based economy wouldn't exist anymore.

How do you think this would affect humanity as a whole if this technology were to come into fruition?

I'm not sure it would be that simple; chances are that you would also need a stupendous amount of energy to get those things working - I mean, it's basically capable of transmuting matter at will, which doesn't come cheap.

Assuming you can somehow cover the energy costs (say, through widespread fusion power perhaps), the next obstacle I see working to keep scarcity in place would be people's mentality. So for example, a lot of the fighting over oil isn't over access, but rather control - that is, restricting access to others. Is humanity prepared to overcome this mentality to reach the post-scarcity world that that technology would allow?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:30:43 AM

We have replicators in network marketing.

We need duplicators before we can step up to replicators.

The force-field shielding in Star Trek (also written by many sci-fi writers) is overlooked in the real world. The basic force-field shields we have today are made out of material, which is really interlocked atoms and molecules, which are all at their base made out of energy. Like the body armor - kevlar - tanks, the atmosphere for space radiation and smaller meteorites, etc.

Maybe if we started thinking about the fact that all material is energy, we might be able to recognize the many force fields that are all around us.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: