Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:04:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] YABMC Growth  (Read 3136 times)
PatrickHarnett (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 09:11:50 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2012, 08:29:00 PM by PatrickHarnett

YABMC is expanding.  

Many people want the benefits of mining without the hassle, and want to be part of something with scale.  Therefore, we have combined the resources and skills of JWU42, HashKing and PatrickHarnett.  Collectively more than three years mining experience and with significant combined assets, the expanded YAMBC will be a multi-location mining operation with more than 1% of network hashing power.

Our existing mining resources are committed to this venture along with several large items of equipment that will complement existing mining hardware.
The existing YABMC is issuing additional securities to bring 150Ghash of bonds to the market, and with scope for a further 100Ghash if required.
On market (GLBSE) sales can take place at 0.3BTC per Mhash, and volume discounts apply for off-market transactions for a minimum 1,000 bonds or for 10,000 or more.

This is a major initiative with serious financial backing underwriting payments.  There are still good volumes of bonds available and we are adding equipment progressively as was originally planned.

Edits and updates:
1: The latest coupon payment has gone out to investors holding over 30Ghash of bonds.
2: Latest difficulty has fallen around 10% to 1.59M from 1.73M.
3: We are planning on moving to more frequent coupon payments either weekly or two weekly and are confirming the change with the exchange.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 09:12:13 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2012, 08:19:06 PM by PatrickHarnett

Frequently Asked Questions:

The hashing power is planned to come from Minirigs I suppose?
Actually a mix - MR is part of the equation along with a stack of equipment from our existing farms.  There are a few other items around FPGA that will be used too.

With multiple-location mining, how will the clause in the YABMC contract for ceasing mining if it becomes unprofitable work? Based on location or an all-together average? And would this cause payouts to cease?
The responsibility is to pay the bond holder irrespective of mining.  We have worked through this point in some detail as we have different cost structures, equipment mixes and even seasons.  Partly why we have put the current mix of people together is to ensure financial strength to back the bonds.

There doesn't seem to be much liquidity, most history under or well under 50 shares traded, a couple of days about 100 over the last month & on only one day 180 or so, at present under 50 shares being bid for - if I were to buy a lot it doesn't look like I would be able to sell anywhere near the offer price or even at all unless something changed or I have misunderstood how this works.
Up until now YABMC was a 5000 bond issue, and as a smaller mining company did not have the profile of something like PureMining or GigaMining.  Also, 60% of the bonds were initially held by one person.  By bringing scale to YABMC we expect a larger number of bond holders and some will choose to hold for the long term and some will want to exit at some stage.  We can not predict the future price and liquidity with certainty, but that is true of all of the other GLBSE companies also.

TehZomB

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 09:27:24 PM

sub

sounds like an interesting idea.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 10:24:56 PM

interesting
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 11:01:09 PM

Giant askwall is up and running, huh? Wink
Might be some nice profit for people who still want some 0.3 per MH/s shares.

The hashing power is planned to come from Minirigs I suppose?

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 11:07:43 PM

Sukrim,

Yes - askwall in place for now...

Discounts are available for bulk buys as noted.  We do have the ability to scale up based on demand.

Mini-Rigs are part of the puzzle for sure in addition to other FPGA (and eventually ASIC) solutions.

Looking forward to continued support  Cheesy

BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 11:25:25 PM

With multiple-location mining, how will the clause in the YABMC contract for ceasing mining if it becomes unprofitable work? Based on location or an all-together average? And would this cause payouts to cease?

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 11:32:26 PM

Well, to me it only seems that the issuer can stop mining if he wants to - however "The holder of this bond will receive as coupons a number of bitcoins equivalent to 100% PPS output of ONE MILLION HASHES PER SECOND for as long as they hold the bond."

This would mean I'd still get paid, even if the miners aren't running. He doesn't have to keep his rigs running at a loss though.

The giant askwall is really not nice at all, especially as it came on such short notice and without warning. Sad

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 11:38:28 PM

Well, to me it only seems that the issuer can stop mining if he wants to - however "The holder of this bond will receive as coupons a number of bitcoins equivalent to 100% PPS output of ONE MILLION HASHES PER SECOND for as long as they hold the bond."

This would mean I'd still get paid, even if the miners aren't running. He doesn't have to keep his rigs running at a loss though.

The giant askwall is really not nice at all, especially as it came on such short notice and without warning. Sad

That seems the case, but I'd like it confirmed for the sake of my paranoia. Wink

Some notice would have been nice about the askwall, but I can understand the decision. The market is quickly becoming saturated; I suspect they didn't want to delay release any more than necessary.

JWU42
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 11:41:21 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2012, 11:55:49 PM by JWU42

Sukrim,

There have been posts going back several a couple days in the YABMC thread that more bonds were coming.  The expansion discussion started in early May (and was noted in the OP) with no definite mention of more bonds.  I am sorry that you believe there wasn't sufficient notice/warning.

As far as the contract language, I would like tweak a few things but it cannot be edited at this point, however, so it remains as written.

BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 11:43:29 PM

Sukrim,

There have been posts going back several days in the YABMC thread that more bonds were coming.  I am sorry that you believe there wasn't sufficient notice/warning.

As far as the contract language, I would like tweak a few things but it cannot be edited at this point, however, so it remains as written.

Can you clarify this point, however? If you want me to phrase it explicitly:

If mining becomes unprofitable, as determined by the backers of the YABMC bond, whether individually or in unison, would YABMC bond payments continue regardless?

PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 11:51:33 PM

If mining becomes unprofitable, as determined by the backers of the YABMC bond, whether individually or in unison, would YABMC bond payments continue regardless?

The responsibility is to pay the bond holder irrespective of mining.  We have worked through this point in some detail as we have different cost structures, equipment mixes and even seasons.
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 11:58:35 PM

I read your comment above and that you were looking for capital gain rather than a long term hold?  The first round of 5000 bonds sold at 0.3 so I am interested to know how much you consider you are "out of pocket".
BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 12:17:30 AM

The responsibility is to pay the bond holder irrespective of mining.  We have worked through this point in some detail as we have different cost structures, equipment mixes and even seasons.

Thanks, that answers my question.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 12:28:19 AM

This will be interesting to see how investors react to forced expansion.
I'm planning on Cognitive expanding soon as well, but I don't have the initial money required. It looks like I'll have to be a little more creative Smiley

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
JWU42
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 12:35:01 AM

Garr,

A tad different in the case of Cognitive as it is equity and YABMC is debt (i.e., bonds).

That said, best of luck - you are doing a great job and learning skills that will be beneficial when you get to be an old fart like me  Wink

zefir
Donator

Activity: 919

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 07:47:11 AM

Great to hear another 1% getting secured by publicly held mining power.

Good Luck!

JWU42
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 12:29:31 AM

Thanks Zefir!

JWU42
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 06:39:19 PM

Please note that purchasing YABMC @ .3/sh offers the best yield of the mining bonds.   Grin

JWU42
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:31:44 PM

Dividend will be paid on Thursday - around 1600 UTC.  Buy your shares now and get ~14 days worth of coupons for holding 2 days -- ~1.53% yield for 2 days

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: