Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:04:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re-Intruducing btcLottery.com - The new weekly BitCoin Lottery!  (Read 2904 times)
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 02:46:22 AM

Here I race home in a panic to warn you as the flaw dawns on me and someone beats me too it!  Wink\
Wow, now I feel bad... This flaw was so glaringly obvious that I just assumed that it was taking advantage of the fact that it's hard to send a small amount of bitcoins without fees from a personal wallet.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcLottery (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2011, 06:14:58 PM

Alright after some embarrassment and reconfiguring, btcLottery.com has been revamped and relaunched.  Gone is the "bet as much as you want" fiasco.  Now there are three different games, and each is played using decimal numbers.  We take the hex transaction number from your bet's bitcoin transaction, and convert it to get your ticket number.  Winning numbers are drawn the same way.  In MATCH1, match one number, odds 1 in 10 to win.  In MATCH2, match two numbers, odds 1 in 100 to win.  Both MATCH1 and MATCH2 come in .01 btc and 1 btc bets.  There is a third game, MATCH6, in which you have to match six numbers, odds 1 in 1,000,000.  The cost is only .01 to play.  Sorry guys for all the issues starting up, but I have learned a lot and I think the site and the methodology is solid now.  Thank you for all your input!!

http://www.btclottery.com/images/ads/banner.btclottery.200x50.jpg

Flexcoin ID: btcLottery
Get a 10% lifetime discount on the MtGox competitor "TradeHill" (now with EUR market!) via: http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R118438
Scurry

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 12:56:23 AM

I don't think anyone's going to want to play the higher match games. They're cheaper, and that's a nice incentive, but the prize pool is a limiting factor. No one's going to want to pay anything for a one in a million chance to win less than one bitcoin. I don't really know how you could fix that, though, since you'd have to put money in out of your own pocket to get the ball rolling :/
btcLottery (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2011, 03:30:39 AM

I don't think anyone's going to want to play the higher match games. They're cheaper, and that's a nice incentive, but the prize pool is a limiting factor. No one's going to want to pay anything for a one in a million chance to win less than one bitcoin. I don't really know how you could fix that, though, since you'd have to put money in out of your own pocket to get the ball rolling :/

True in a sense...  Personally I'm the longshot guy, the one at the horseraces putting $2 on the 60:1 horse.  And I've actually hit big with it twice.  Makes it exciting for me i guess..

Anyway, yeah I don't expect the Match6 to pay off anytime soon.  Just figured that if I do actually start getting a lot of visitors, they might just go for it if it's only .01 btc.  Also, just like the megamillions, most people don't play right after a big win, when it's only a mill or two, they wait till it's up there.  So yeah, I think it might get a slow trickle, but I think it will eventually start rollin.  Maybe I will seed it, I will see.  I guess if it gets no bets by draw time, I might just have to do that...

Interesting week... with the way BTC value is exploding, I might just have to make it .001!!

http://www.btclottery.com/images/ads/banner.btclottery.200x50.jpg

Flexcoin ID: btcLottery
Get a 10% lifetime discount on the MtGox competitor "TradeHill" (now with EUR market!) via: http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R118438
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: