Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:36:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin distribution  (Read 4351 times)
erre (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:28:00 AM

Yep, you got my point: too much advantage for early adopters, the vast majority of them didn't risk more than some hours of pc work or a few bucks.... now they speack about selling the coins to Africa. .. for some hundred dollars each.
I have supported some coins like auroracoin in the past, but they all turned out to be scams  Sad

What they got for their "hours of pc work or a few bucks" was worth a few bucks. Why does that seem unfair?

Suppose Auroracoin didn't fail and it was now worth $1000 each. Wouldn't that be unfair to the people that didn't get in early? How would you handle your guilt?

I'm not saying that early adopters need to feel " guilty" , i'm only stressing a point that, for me, could be an obstacle for the developing of a real btc economy. These " tokens"  seems just pricy compared to a couple of years ago, and so it is, because early adopter didn't spent them. A vast majority of btc are not circulating, that's why the price is high.
When I buyed auroracoin, I buyed some to support a project (a coin 50% premined to be distibuted equally along Island's citiziens). But this was never done, developers become rich and soon abandoned the project, smartest early adopters dump all coins for a 1000+% ROI, and who get involved later or continued to belive in the project only lost his coins. It seems to resemble what's happening with btc, only in a slower way.

DISCLAIMER: I buyed @ 1000 and I lost coins with alt and stock market, that should bé why i'm a little nervous about how much i've paid my very few coins and how much other paid. I've been trought probably the worst period for btc: the gox thing, price falling, scammish altcoins everyday...i've been trought 2 exchangers (ecrypto and cryptorush) who stole my money, I buyed a miner who now is worthless... I lost a lot of money with btc.
I got involved with true passion, I wanted to support projects who seemed great to me... you can say that I didn't do my homework, but now I feel scammed.

PS: NEMcoin seems interesting, but a little complicated. Thank you for the spoiler, I need to investigate it.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:09:37 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 12:36:31 PM by Amph

Rich gets richer, poor gets poorer. Unfortunately, this is how the world works, and believe me, it will only get worse with time.

This is the fundamental for any economic system including Bitcoin. We are all just helping whales continue living like kinds while the rest of us have hopes of Bitcoin ever being high enough to at least retire us from the health destruction that is going to work. Let's all hope together.

the point shouldn't be to wait until retirement, and sell all your btc, we are here for the tech also i think....

it seems that bitcoin is only seen as a quick rich scheme, personally i'll always hold a good amount of it

i want to use it, directly in the future even at supermarket
erre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:36:26 AM

Rich gets richer, poor gets poorer. Unfortunately, this is how the world works, and believe me, it will only get worse with time.

This is the fundamental for any economic system including Bitcoin. We are all just helping whales continue living like kinds while the rest of us have hopes of Bitcoin ever being high enough to at least retire us from the health destruction that is going to work. Let's all hope together.

the point shouldn't be to wait until retirement, and sell all your btc, we are here for the tech also i think....

it seems that bitcoin is only seen as a quick rich scheme, personally i'll always hold a good amount of it

i want to use directly in the future even at supermarket

Well said! That's the point!
But don't you think that distribution is already too unfair to permit this to happen with bitcoin?
The street man need to buy a coin from an highly volatile, sometimes shady market, store them accurately, wait 30 min at best for a transation to be confirmed. .. and no development in that direction, only scams everywhere! Seems that everybody, EXPECIALLY the pioneers, want to get rich quickly... not to establish a crypto economy.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:36:55 PM

i want to use directly in the future even at supermarket

But don't you think that distribution is already too unfair to permit this to happen with bitcoin?
The street man need to buy a coin from an highly volatile, sometimes shady market, store them accurately, wait 30 min at best for a transation to be confirmed. .. and no development in that direction, only scams everywhere! Seems that everybody, EXPECIALLY the pioneers, want to get rich quickly... not to establish a crypto economy.

to big holders, should learn to donate, instead of just being more greedy
erre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:09:03 PM

It doesn't 't seems like massive donations are on the way...only massive scams

CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:20:41 PM

It doesn't 't seems like massive donations are on the way...only massive scams

I dont think screamers have much faith in BTC, the will mainly exchange in fiat fast.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:35:27 PM

Dear Newbie,

If you hold any amount of bitcoins, then you are an early adopter. A few years from now, people will whine about how you (an early adopter) were able to get millibitcoins with hardly any risk at all -- by mining, or by paying just few dollars. Please be patient and enjoy your status as an early adopter.

If you don't hold any bitcoins, then please don't complain about early adopters in the future.

Sincerely,

An Earlier Adopter

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
erre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:36:16 AM

Dear Newbie,

If you hold any amount of bitcoins, then you are an early adopter. A few years from now, people will whine about how you (an early adopter) were able to get millibitcoins with hardly any risk at all -- by mining, or by paying just few dollars. Please be patient and enjoy your status as an early adopter.

If you don't hold any bitcoins, then please don't complain about early adopters in the future.

Sincerely,

An Earlier Adopter

I've buyed my millibtcs @1 dollar each as I said, more of we consider scams... I doubt I will see any return.

BUT this is not about mé not making money, is about btc distribution and the perception of unfairness. Since btc is backed only by trust (trust that some1 will accept my btc for something valueable ), perceptions are important I think.

Many people are not buying btc because they think " it's too late", or invest in altcoins for the same reason.

When I buy an IPO, I suppose that the company will use my money for development: how are u using my money?

teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:34:42 AM

Many people are not buying btc because they think " it's too late", or invest in altcoins for the same reason.

The reality is that, for most people, it's too early to get involved.  There's still much work to be done.
erre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:19:21 PM

The reality is that, for most people, it's too early to get involved.  There's still much work to be done.

I could agree, but who is doing that work? Where are btc developers? Why early adopters are not using their billions of purchasing power for publicity?

Seems that everybody nowdays see btc as an investment, not as an opportunity to change our economic system.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: