Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:06:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 [361] 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 ... 551 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLOAK] Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digital Currency  (Read 810694 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:47:13 AM

Just implement the tax system dash and pivX are doing ok and bitbay are considering it.

How can being taxed piss anyone off. You pay a tiny % in block tax and see a large % increase in your overall value of holdings due to developers keeping pace or rising above other leading projects dev teams.

People who object to the tax are free to dump to stronger hands who see the need of a well funded and motivated dev team.

Of course full ledger and voting system would be nice to direct funds where community sees need most.

I no longer even look at coins where there is no funding and the dev is selling what few coins he had at the start to live. His motivation shrinks daily to continue the project. Tax supplies constant source of funding.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
investor1

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:16:31 AM

Just implement the tax system dash and pivX are doing ok and bitbay are considering it.

How can being taxed piss anyone off. You pay a tiny % in block tax and see a large % increase in your overall value of holdings due to developers keeping pace or rising above other leading projects dev teams.

People who object to the tax are free to dump to stronger hands who see the need of a well funded and motivated dev team.

Of course full ledger and voting system would be nice to direct funds where community sees need most.

I no longer even look at coins where there is no funding and the dev is selling what few coins he had at the start to live. His motivation shrinks daily to continue the project. Tax supplies constant source of funding.

Exactly, that's absolutely real point of view, I think the same.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((   BIDIUM   )))         Pre-ICO Active  |  JOIN NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |      TWITTER      |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
raizor

Activity: 171

Some people just want to watch the world dance.

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:50:40 PM

A tax (from the staking users' 6%) or an additional amount (on top of the 6%) generated by the network for development funding?
Smoothmold

Activity: 147

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:38:33 PM

Hey guys,

what's up everyone. I had bought cloak years ago and ride the cloak train with Mr. Bob and eventually lost a lot of money.

Nowadays i try to be more carefull. I see that this coin is (still) alive. Are there any new things coming up so we can see Cloak within the top 100 any time soon?

And can someone explain to me how the anonimity is compared to other anon coins like dash, monero, zcash, nav coin?

Thanks!
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:43:34 PM

A tax (from the staking users' 6%) or an additional amount (on top of the 6%) generated by the network for development funding?

First, drop the word "tax" if you want this to go anywhere, it is abhorrent and smells of centralization. Call it a "maintenance fee" and you might get more supporters, myself included. However, I still think an ICO would raise real money and allow the project to ramp up quickly while it is still somewhat unique and hasn't been overlooked as just another anon coin.

Perhaps the different ideas presented here could be brought to a vote in the not too distant future?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
lokojones

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:34:10 PM

I almost believe the rocket finally shot off Cry
looks like I will have too wait a bit longer for that...

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                          ██████████████
                           ▀████████████
                             ███████████
             ▄▄▄▄          ▄████████████
           ▄██████▄      ▄███████▀▀█████
         ▄██████████▄  ▄███████▀    ▀██▀
       ▄█████████████████████▀
     ▄███████▀ ▀███████████▀
   ▄███████▀     ▀███████▀
 ▄███████▀         ▀███▀
 ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀
......███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...                 ▄▄▄▄▄
                 ████████▄▄
                 ████████████▄
                     ▀▀████████▄
           ▄▄▄██████▄▄   ▀▀██████▄
         ▄██████████████▄▄  ▀█████▄
       ▄███████████████████▄  ▀█████
      ██████▀▀       ▀▀██████  ▀█████
     █████▀                     █████
    █████               █████████████▌
     █████▄                     █████
      ██████▄▄       ▄▄██████  ▄█████
       ▀███████████████████▀  ▄█████
         ▀███████████████▀   ▄█████▀
            ▀▀██████▀▀▀   ▄▄██████▀
                      ▄▄████████▀
                 ████████████▀
                 ████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀▀▀

.........███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...............███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
ednawnika5

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 02:14:00 AM

Poloniex only accepts open source
I think

TRUE
PaidFudder

Activity: 333

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 02:15:08 AM

i buy 100 btc worth tomorrow

blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 02:24:40 AM

i buy 100 btc worth tomorrow

from where? lol
RedxBaron

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:34:10 AM

First, drop the word "tax" if you want this to go anywhere, it is abhorrent and smells of centralization. Call it a "maintenance fee" and you might get more supporters, myself included. However, I still think an ICO would raise real money and allow the project to ramp up quickly while it is still somewhat unique and hasn't been overlooked as just another anon coin.

Perhaps the different ideas presented here could be brought to a vote in the not too distant future?

I totally agree on this. I think the community needs to understand that this is after all a community project and not a company that generates income. All ppl involved in the team have bought into Cloak some time back and have the incentive to make the price soar, like everybody else in the community. The only difference is that the Cloak Team has spent their own hard cash to bring Cloak to the point it is today. Without this initiative Cloak would not exist today.
Everybody here wants Cloak to be successful and prays for a big increase in price but this willl not happen by itself. We need to think what is required to bring this advanced and execellent system, and I think we all agree on that, to into the spotlight of main street.
The most crucial point is funding! No proper funding, no development, no marketing, no PR, no presence in the market. In the real world all these things cost money.
The crypto world is changing and is on its way to become a recognised financial market with ppl from the old money world flocking in to get a piece of the pie. This is already the case today and projects are being developed by real financial pros. We need to say Good Bye to the good old shoe string times and need to readjust to survive in this new world.
Watching Cloak for almost 2 years now and holding sustantial amounts of Cloak myself this is what I believe should be considered as a marching plan:

*** Rebrand Cloak  (Cloak and Dagger is out with governments get started on cracking down on anons, Coin is out as the market has shifted to broader visions)
*** OS
*** Prepare for an ICO with burning Cloaks 1 on 1 for the new currency to ensure all current holders participate in the lift off
*** Use a professional ICO consultant to guide the team through the process, open doors to investors and place new system right away on major exchanges
*** Carry forward  the current code base and add what might be useful as the foundation for new development
*** Introduce a Community Foundation
*** Use the ICO proceedings as capital for this Foundation
*** Introduce a "Maintenance Fee" to make the funding sustainable for the long run
*** Introduce a PoS Voting system and a governance model to allow the community to steer the course of the new system
*** Define a clear and simple mission statement and a vision of which planet the new system wants to land on
*** Work all this  into a clean project managment system with a rough time line
*** Do all these things above in a transparent, public fashion in plain public view and with the PR effort....

Voila, just fasten your seat belts....

JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:53:56 AM

Which model of funding will be chosen is very important!
1. Collecting fund through ICO is popular only when you presenting something new where there is much room for speculations and high expectations no matter if they are not realistic. If you planing to collect greater sums you must invest in marketing.
2. Collecting trought fee i much more efficient and fair, maybe it is not so popural at the moment but it is nice steady income.
3. Swapping is also very time consuming and very hard job.
I wouldn't recommend this, especially now when you already invested in PR and promoted CLOAK.
4. Forget donations..
investor1

Activity: 239

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:56:36 AM

I totally agree on this. I think the community needs to understand that this is after all a community project and not a company that generates income. All ppl involved in the team have bought into Cloak some time back and have the incentive to make the price soar, like everybody else in the community. The only difference is that the Cloak Team has spent their own hard cash to bring Cloak to the point it is today. Without this initiative Cloak would not exist today.
Everybody here wants Cloak to be successful and prays for a big increase in price but this willl not happen by itself. We need to think what is required to bring this advanced and execellent system, and I think we all agree on that, to into the spotlight of main street.
The most crucial point is funding! No proper funding, no development, no marketing, no PR, no presence in the market. In the real world all these things cost money.
The crypto world is changing and is on its way to become a recognised financial market with ppl from the old money world flocking in to get a piece of the pie. This is already the case today and projects are being developed by real financial pros. We need to say Good Bye to the good old shoe string times and need to readjust to survive in this new world.
Watching Cloak for almost 2 years now and holding sustantial amounts of Cloak myself this is what I believe should be considered as a marching plan:

*** Rebrand Cloak  (Cloak and Dagger is out with governments get started on cracking down on anons, Coin is out as the market has shifted to broader visions)
*** OS
*** Prepare for an ICO with burning Cloaks 1 on 1 for the new currency to ensure all current holders participate in the lift off
*** Use a professional ICO consultant to guide the team through the process, open doors to investors and place new system right away on major exchanges
*** Carry forward  the current code base and add what might be useful as the foundation for new development
*** Introduce a Community Foundation
*** Use the ICO proceedings as capital for this Foundation
*** Introduce a "Maintenance Fee" to make the funding sustainable for the long run
*** Introduce a PoS Voting system and a governance model to allow the community to steer the course of the new system
*** Define a clear and simple mission statement and a vision of which planet the new system wants to land on
*** Work all this  into a clean project managment system with a rough time line
*** Do all these things above in a transparent, public fashion in plain public view and with the PR effort....

Voila, just fasten your seat belts....

Let's do all this quickly .... there's no time, the time is money. We need moving forward.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((   BIDIUM   )))         Pre-ICO Active  |  JOIN NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |      TWITTER      |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
raizor

Activity: 171

Some people just want to watch the world dance.

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 02:53:17 PM

Hi all,

I thought I'd post a little update on my progress with the code work that is being done prior to open sourcing the project.

My main focus during this process is to tighten up the Enigma network and CloakShield protocol in terms of security. The most likely [successful] attacks we'll see are going to be DoS (denial of service) attacks. Although such attacks could not steal funds, they could still cause some nasty headaches by clogging up the network with junk data. To this end, I've refactored the existing DoS code for Enigma and CloakShield to make it far less tolerant of misbehaving nodes. I'm also in the process of improving the integrity checks for CloakShield data packets to allow both relay and target nodes to verify both the data sender and the data content. Here's a little list:

1. Improve CloakShield DoS protection to make it far less tolerant of misbehaving nodes.
2. Add signatures to CloakShield data packets and verify data and sender integrity before processing or forwarding the data.
3. Implement a basic TTL (time-to-live) system for CloakData onion packets. This is just a short-term measure until our micropayment-backed onion routing system rolls out after OS of the project. I also have some plans for implementing a system to allow nodes to determine approximately how far other nodes are away in terms of hops, but I expect this to be implemented after the source release.
4. Ensure that no transaction malleability attack vectors exist within the Enigma transaction system.

I'm also in the process of documenting the cryptography used by both Enigma and CloakShield as an esteemed cryptographer has very kindly agreed to check our cryptography prior to the source release. I won't disclose his name atm though, as I'm still in talks with him regarding this.

There's still a lot of discussion going on regarding funding. I think the network generated project funding is pretty much locked in for the future as it's critical for realising Cloak's potential and sustainability going forward. In terms of nomenclature, 'tax' is indeed an abhorrent term for the funding, 100% agreed. Keeping the project as decentralised as possible is of paramount importance. Our aim for the future is true digital governance where projects are proposed, green-lit and funded upon completion by voting consensus. Hopefully the prospect of digital governance excites you as much as it does us Smiley

I've also been doing some thinking on the blockchain-level privacy improvements that will come once we fork after open source. Ring-signatures and 2-key stealth addresses would fit pretty well with Enigma and would allow cloakers to supply a list of candidate inputs [rather than actual inputs] for Enigma transactions. This should also work well in terms of performance and memory usage as Enigma senders wouldn't need to store a big UTXO (unspent transaction outputs - essentially the money that goes IN to an Enigma transaction) set in memory for constructing the ring-signed transactions. Although this new twist could be neat, something different would be preferable to what others are already doing. Timelocked transactions and escrow will also be making an appearance in future. This will be critical for allowing services to be built to run on the Cloak network in future.

Cheers,

Joe
magpr
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:37:04 PM

Hi all,

I thought I'd post a little update on my progress with the code work that is being done prior to open sourcing the project.

My main focus during this process is to tighten up the Enigma network and CloakShield protocol in terms of security. The most likely [successful] attacks we'll see are going to be DoS (denial of service) attacks. Although such attacks could not steal funds, they could still cause some nasty headaches by clogging up the network with junk data. To this end, I've refactored the existing DoS code for Enigma and CloakShield to make it far less tolerant of misbehaving nodes. I'm also in the process of improving the integrity checks for CloakShield data packets to allow both relay and target nodes to verify both the data sender and the data content. Here's a little list:

1. Improve CloakShield DoS protection to make it far less tolerant of misbehaving nodes.
2. Add signatures to CloakShield data packets and verify data and sender integrity before processing or forwarding the data.
3. Implement a basic TTL (time-to-live) system for CloakData onion packets. This is just a short-term measure until our micropayment-backed onion routing system rolls out after OS of the project. I also have some plans for implementing a system to allow nodes to determine approximately how far other nodes are away in terms of hops, but I expect this to be implemented after the source release.
4. Ensure that no transaction malleability attack vectors exist within the Enigma transaction system.

I'm also in the process of documenting the cryptography used by both Enigma and CloakShield as an esteemed cryptographer has very kindly agreed to check our cryptography prior to the source release. I won't disclose his name atm though, as I'm still in talks with him regarding this.

There's still a lot of discussion going on regarding funding. I think the network generated project funding is pretty much locked in for the future as it's critical for realising Cloak's potential and sustainability going forward. In terms of nomenclature, 'tax' is indeed an abhorrent term for the funding, 100% agreed. Keeping the project as decentralised as possible is of paramount importance. Our aim for the future is true digital governance where projects are proposed, green-lit and funded upon completion by voting consensus. Hopefully the prospect of digital governance excites you as much as it does us Smiley

I've also been doing some thinking on the blockchain-level privacy improvements that will come once we fork after open source. Ring-signatures and 2-key stealth addresses would fit pretty well with Enigma and would allow cloakers to supply a list of candidate inputs [rather than actual inputs] for Enigma transactions. This should also work well in terms of performance and memory usage as Enigma senders wouldn't need to store a big UTXO (unspent transaction outputs - essentially the money that goes IN to an Enigma transaction) set in memory for constructing the ring-signed transactions. Although this new twist could be neat, something different would be preferable to what others are already doing. Timelocked transactions and escrow will also be making an appearance in future. This will be critical for allowing services to be built to run on the Cloak network in future.

Cheers,

Joe

Excellent work r3r! With great pleasure I follow your Cloak development and look forward to the results of such a large-scale project.
cuteflower

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:30:52 PM

John Anderson please high talk about Cloakcoin and we goto moooooooooooooooon
lazi

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:13:26 PM

John Anderson please high talk about Cloakcoin and we goto moooooooooooooooon

Who is John Anderson?

I think Bill Still and the cryptographer have for sure much more potential Wink
l33tn00b

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:26:48 PM

Hi all,

Cheers,

Joe

Thank you for the update.
For the first time since the new team took over I'm actually considering increasing my stake.
Keep up the good work!

Never invest more than you can afford to lose!
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 10:39:55 PM

Hi all,

Cheers,

Joe

Thank you for the update.
For the first time since the new team took over I'm actually considering increasing my stake.
Keep up the good work!

Now there's the true measure of confidence!  Grin

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:06:58 PM

Hi all,

Cheers,

Joe

I recognise this name from cgb days before?

With adequate funding what is the timeframe for the above including decentralised governance to be completed. Roughly I mean?

kludzins

Activity: 274
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:16:38 AM

Poloniex only accepts open source
I think

TRUE

When Cloak goes open source? This month? Next month?
Pages: « 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 [361] 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 ... 551 »
  Print  

Jump to: