Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:13:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 [518] 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLOAK] Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digital Currency  (Read 810694 times)
CanErik

Activity: 756
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:29:54 PM

Hi;

Bear in mind, whales likes to much low cap projects like Cloak.

Kind regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cloakteam

Activity: 1340
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 09:16:45 PM

Dear CLOAK Community,

We're pleased to announce the CloakCoin v2.2.0.0-beta 'rEVOLUTION' wallet for Linux and RPi/aarch64.

The Windows & Mac wallet will be available soon.

THESE WALLETS ARE IN PUBLIC BETA NOW - WARNING: STILL EXPERIMENTAL!!!

Version 2.2.0.0 'rEVOLUTION' brings various fixes & improvements; biggest change is full wallet file encryption/decryption on exit/start, fixing a major anonymity flaw detected and explained in Cognosec's audit report (balance & transaction information access).

For improved and added security, users can now enter a password on every wallet shutdown (if they want), fully encrypting the wallet file information, including balance & transactions. Users will be prompted for a passphrase to decrypt their wallet on startup if needed, software will automatically detect whether it's a standard or an encrypted wallet.

IMPORTANT: As always, please DON'T forget the passphrase entered - the coins/funds will be lost and wallet file rendered unusable!

The 'Encrypt wallet' functionality previously available in the wallet is still there - keep in mind it will only encrypt your private keys though, an evil actor with unrestricted access to your wallet.dat (such as a backup) might still view your balance and transactions data. 'Backup wallet' functionality was not modified and still creates standard/unencrypted backups - if you want to store an encrypted backup please exit the wallet, encrypt it with a passphrase when prompted and store a copy of current wallet.dat file.

Changes done:

- fully encrypted wallet.dat on QT wallet exit: safer storage of your wallet.dat & restricted access to account/transaction info (**backup wallet function still makes unencrypted backups**)
- DLLs required and the app install folder are now read-only & hidden; elevated privileges required for write access
- optimized loading performance by doing smart things with big numbers calculations: 20% faster blockchain index loading time
- increased dbcache defaults in src/db.cpp & src/txdb-leveldb.cpp, resulted in 30-50% speed performance increase for syncing blocks
- removal of BigNum dependency in some code parts & trust calculation optimization (uint256) seems to have fixed the memory leak/bloat on both QT & daemon (yay Anorak!)

Planned/in-progress TODOs:

- dev fund & governance
- voting system (solid idea in place, wfc)
- reskin the UI to something more modern (designs exist)
- phase out BigNum completely and other possible structs/types that prevent compiling with openssl 1.1.x
- upgrade btc-dependent code to more recent btc/ltc codebase (not looking forward to that, long overdue)

Linux Wallet (Debian/Kali build):

Download

RPi Wallet :

Download

The CloakCoin source code is on different repository. Head over to CloakCoin repository to view the code, open issues related to code and send pull requests.

For additional help and support you can find us on Rocketchat or view the CloakWiki

Peace & Love

Team Cloak

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | CloakCoin Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digitalcurrency |  Enigma
Telegram | Bitcointalk | Twitter |   Facebook |  Steemit |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram
vinnieG

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:47:58 AM

Dear CLOAK Community,

We're pleased to announce the CloakCoin v2.2.0.0-beta 'rEVOLUTION' wallet for Linux and RPi/aarch64.

The Windows & Mac wallet will be available soon.

THESE WALLETS ARE IN PUBLIC BETA NOW - WARNING: STILL EXPERIMENTAL!!!

Version 2.2.0.0 'rEVOLUTION' brings various fixes & improvements; biggest change is full wallet file encryption/decryption on exit/start, fixing a major anonymity flaw detected and explained in Cognosec's audit report (balance & transaction information access).

For improved and added security, users can now enter a password on every wallet shutdown (if they want), fully encrypting the wallet file information, including balance & transactions. Users will be prompted for a passphrase to decrypt their wallet on startup if needed, software will automatically detect whether it's a standard or an encrypted wallet.

IMPORTANT: As always, please DON'T forget the passphrase entered - the coins/funds will be lost and wallet file rendered unusable!

The 'Encrypt wallet' functionality previously available in the wallet is still there - keep in mind it will only encrypt your private keys though, an evil actor with unrestricted access to your wallet.dat (such as a backup) might still view your balance and transactions data. 'Backup wallet' functionality was not modified and still creates standard/unencrypted backups - if you want to store an encrypted backup please exit the wallet, encrypt it with a passphrase when prompted and store a copy of current wallet.dat file.

Changes done:

- fully encrypted wallet.dat on QT wallet exit: safer storage of your wallet.dat & restricted access to account/transaction info (**backup wallet function still makes unencrypted backups**)
- DLLs required and the app install folder are now read-only & hidden; elevated privileges required for write access
- optimized loading performance by doing smart things with big numbers calculations: 20% faster blockchain index loading time
- increased dbcache defaults in src/db.cpp & src/txdb-leveldb.cpp, resulted in 30-50% speed performance increase for syncing blocks
- removal of BigNum dependency in some code parts & trust calculation optimization (uint256) seems to have fixed the memory leak/bloat on both QT & daemon (yay Anorak!)

Planned/in-progress TODOs:

- dev fund & governance
- voting system (solid idea in place, wfc)
- reskin the UI to something more modern (designs exist)
- phase out BigNum completely and other possible structs/types that prevent compiling with openssl 1.1.x
- upgrade btc-dependent code to more recent btc/ltc codebase (not looking forward to that, long overdue)

Linux Wallet (Debian/Kali build):

Download

RPi Wallet :

Download

The CloakCoin source code is on different repository. Head over to CloakCoin repository to view the code, open issues related to code and send pull requests.

For additional help and support you can find us on Rocketchat or view the CloakWiki

Peace & Love

Team Cloak

Good job cloack team! I cannot wait to see the Windows version. Any idea on the dev fund timeline? 
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:36:36 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2018, 01:43:47 PM by R-J-F

The problem with most POS coins is that they have no intrinsic value.

In Cloak's case there is also inflation with no incentive to secure the network. POS3, if implemented, should go some way to resolving this issue.

At least with POW coins the minimum value of the coins is linked to the energy cost associated with mining them.

I like Cloak but it won't take much effort for a better established, better funded PoW coin to clone Enigma and leave Cloak without a unique value proposition.

I hope this doesn't happen but I feel it is inevitable. Cloak will eventually become a victim of having good technology but being too small and slow to implement.

Well, afraid I can't agree with you. Check the following coins that are already POS or, moving to POS in the near future:

Lisk
ARK
NEO
Decred
OKCash
ADA Cardano
OMG
Stratis
Etherium

Most of these are top 100 coins. POW is slowy dying. The energy needed to mine is becoming a problem in these environmentally challenging times. You will see more and more coin projects going POS in the near future. And remember, POS staking IS work and some coins pay out rather well which keeps wallets open and the chain moving forward.

Don't discount POS, it is the future in all it's many forms...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
exslave

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:12:37 PM

yogibaer
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:07:54 AM

Grin
Karla501

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:46:47 AM

I'm just beginning to know about this project. I hope to read your white paper
and come to contribute constructive comments during your campaign. Without a
doubt, I will be attentive to the development of your platform. I wish you much
success!
Slava Antipin

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:16:21 AM

The main thing is not to stop and step by step to move towards the goal . I wish that at the end of the journey you  were proud of the project that you are doing !
tradercouch

Activity: 295

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:43:48 AM

cloak coinmarket rank 303 before used to be 70 to 75 rank Sad
vinnieG

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:30:01 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2018, 09:08:17 AM by vinnieG
Merited by Duderino123 (1)

The problem with most POS coins is that they have no intrinsic value.

In Cloak's case there is also inflation with no incentive to secure the network. POS3, if implemented, should go some way to resolving this issue.

At least with POW coins the minimum value of the coins is linked to the energy cost associated with mining them.

I like Cloak but it won't take much effort for a better established, better funded PoW coin to clone Enigma and leave Cloak without a unique value proposition.

I hope this doesn't happen but I feel it is inevitable. Cloak will eventually become a victim of having good technology but being too small and slow to implement.

Intrinsic value is a very subjective term and is therefore meaningless. The fact that something cost money/effort to make, does not mean it gives it value by itself, it's only gives value because by what the market is willing to pay for it. If I would produce a car in a old, inefficient factory that would cost 100k USD to make, it does not mean that someone is willing to pay a minimum of 100k USD just because that is the cost of making it. Maybe another manudacturer can produce a better car for 50k USD in a more efficient factory. What would to market be willing to pay for a car? POS projects are a more efficient way of running a network and the fact that it cost less to operate them does not give them less value by itself. Not to forget that there are other aspects that can give value to an crypto asset, e.g. technology, utility, community involvement, innovation, adoption level etc.

Cloak in my view has a value because it uses the Enigma technology that no other crypto can offer. The dev team and community are very involved and committed. The thing that be improved is the adoption level, but i hope this will improve over time.
vinnieG

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:03:50 AM

Don't look only at CMC ranking as this only shows the market cap and this can be manipulated by whales and marketing. There are loads of shit projects that do not deserve a place in even the top-100, as they only have a fancy website with a half-finished white paper. Man, some of the top-20 coins do not even have a proper working product yet, but are valued billions of USD. On the long term, these projects will fall in the CMC ranking, no doubt about that.

I look at the following criteria for all the crypto projects i support.

1) How active is the dev team on github? https://coincheckup.com/analysis/github
2) How responsive is the community on slack, discord, bitcointalk etc. when asking a question?
3) What does the whitepaper says and is there already a working product?
4) How does the future roadmap look like and what has already been delivered in the past?
5) Is the crypto traded on main exchanges with sufficient volume?

You will see that Cloak scores well on all these criteria, just as some other great projects that a low ranked in CMC. Also, for all projects that i support, I always try to contribute in any way possible (even though I'm not a developer). I stake to keep the network secure, I help with testing user experience for new developments, i answer questions on social media. As Andreas Antonopoulos would say, focus on education, rather than specualtion to make scrypto a succes in the world.

R-J-F

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:40:13 PM

More or less meanlingles in the real world. Ranking sites like CMC have set their own criteria for ranking projects and it does not necessarily reflect the real value or utility of a project. If you want a real valuation, you will have to dig a bit deeper than CMC. 

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
R-J-F

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:47:33 PM

Don't look only at CMC ranking as this only shows the market cap and this can be manipulated by whales and marketing. There are loads of shit projects that do not deserve a place in even the top-100, as they only have a fancy website with a half-finished white paper. Man, some of the top-20 coins do not even have a proper working product yet, but are valued billions of USD. On the long term, these projects will fall in the CMC ranking, no doubt about that.

I look at the following criteria for all the crypto projects i support.

1) How active is the dev team on github? https://coincheckup.com/analysis/github
2) How responsive is the community on slack, discord, bitcointalk etc. when asking a question?
3) What does the whitepaper says and is there already a working product?
4) How does the future roadmap look like and what has already been delivered in the past?
5) Is the crypto traded on main exchanges with sufficient volume?

You will see that Cloak scores well on all these criteria, just as some other great projects that a low ranked in CMC. Also, for all projects that i support, I always try to contribute in any way possible (even though I'm not a developer). I stake to keep the network secure, I help with testing user experience for new developments, i answer questions on social media. As Andreas Antonopoulos would say, focus on education, rather than specualtion to make scrypto a succes in the world.

This is what I'm talking about. This user has outlined the important metrics that make projects worthy of consideration and shows us what we all should be doing to support those projects. If the only research you do before investing is to check CMC, you are doomed to loose your money. Would you buy a car without a test drive? A house site unseen? Take a job without knowing what will be expected of you?

If you said "yes" to any of those questions, sell all your crypto, destroy your computer and cell phone and find a nice safe cave to live in because the world is going to take you for whatever it can!

exslave

Activity: 174

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:05:04 AM

Just a quick reminder to our Portuguese speaking members there's a dedicated Portuguese thread, see you there!

Thread em Português

Paz e Amor!

lasvegas83

Activity: 432
Merit: 254

https://cloakcoin.com

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:20:53 AM

Read this great blog article from our awesome Australian Coordinator Joshua!

DownUnder The Cloak: Volume 01, Issue 03
A month of privacy pursuits and purposeful planning

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digital Currency|  Enigma
Telegram | Bitcointalk | Twitter |   Facebook |  Steemit |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram
tradercouch

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 07:05:21 AM

STAY AWAY! See the spikes in volumes? It's whales pumping and dumping. There is no real community around cloakcoin.

why stay away now time to shoot the value to 100$ because cloak project deserve for this value or even higher
vinnieG

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 01:50:10 PM

STAY AWAY! See the spikes in volumes? It's whales pumping and dumping. There is no real community around cloakcoin.

Haha, you're funny man! Community of Cloak is wel established and growing each day. Not to foget that the dev team makes regulair updates/improvements. Regarding the pumping and dumping, name one crypto that is not manipulated by whales. I would welcome everyone that find privacy important to the cloak community. HODL your cloaks for couple of years. Participate, contribute and educate within the commuity!
R-J-F

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:37:47 PM

You Sir are a total and complete idiot with an agenda that we can easily ignore. Crawl back under your rock.

poiseulle

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Provide high-quality Chinese translation

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:48:02 PM

the cloak online shop is opening, I guess it will bring more awareness from all over the world
tradercouch

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 03:05:22 AM

the cloak online shop is opening, I guess it will bring more awareness from all over the world

which shop? already opened
Pages: « 1 ... 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 [518] 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 »
  Print  

Jump to: