Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:51:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: MOORE: Mining Bond Beating the Moore's Law (Collecting Shareholder Data)  (Read 19075 times)
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 12:19:57 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2012, 05:53:09 AM by friedcat

Believe me, there has not been anything like this in the Bitcoin world yet.

I'm relatively active between 1:00AM to 3:00PM of forum time each day. Contacting me within this time interval could get quicker responses.

Announcement

In case of the possibility we could not receive the shareholders data, we begin collecting the claims ourselves.

Please send to (fnnirvana@gmail.com) your number of shares and your Bitcoin address for receiving dividends. Please annotate that they are MOORE shares to avoid confusion with ASICMINER or MU shares. You could accompany them with any evidence you think is OK to provide. It is highly recommended that you use an address that you have its private key. By that, you may enjoy more facilities provided by our future automatic migrating platform.

The Liquid Helium Plan

If a catastrophe comes, we can save ourselves by soaking our body with liquid helium, and wake up in a brighter future.

To cope with the panic of mining bonds, I've decided to freeze the entire earth. Now it's already 17 weeks later. You don't feel anything, but it's indeed 17 weeks later. I can feel the soft and cool breeze of the late autumn, can't you? Cheesy

Anyway our contract has to be accurately executed. So I have no choice but to re-calculate our hashrate from 1.03608 to 1.19388.

The similar plan will be launched in the future if similar disaster happens.

First launch: 17 weeks, 1.03608MH/s to 1.19388MH/s.

IPO and Bulk Purchase

You could buy shares of MOORE from GLBSE's open market: https://glbse.com/asset/view/MOORE, or you could do a bulk purchase directly from me.

Shares Left for Bulk Purchase: 0/9000

The price of IPO is set at 0.50 BTC/s.

The price of bulk purchase is set at 0.45 BTC/s(10.00% discount), but each trade has to involve larger than 500 shares(225 BTC). Please PM me for trades, and find witnesses/make records on replies if necessary.

Thanks to everyone who's interested. Smiley

Rolling display of the hashrate in next 5 weeks, updated each week
Payment date                   Hashrate(MH/s)
November 20                       1.43805
November 27                       1.45085
December 4                        1.46376
December 11                       1.47679
December 18                       1.48993

Brief Introduction
Moore is a perpetual mining bond. Each bond represents 1MH/s of hashrate from the start. What makes our bond different, is that the hashrate grows by 0.89% each week, which means that your hashrate will be doubled every 18 months. If you take the current other perpetual mining bonds as financial derivatives of the pro-payment model of normal mining stocks, then our bond is closest to the pro-reinvestment model of normal mining stocks.

Advantages
1. Compared to other mining bonds, the future price of Moore is less likely to drop.
2. We are essentially doing reinvestment job for you, saving you from the hassle of low liquidity, choice of new hardware, identifying good mining securities, etc.

Disadvantages
1. The initial price will be determined at a somehow high level.
2. Normal perpetual mining bonds will likely to become fungible, so you can easily figure out if a bond is mispriced by comparing it to others. But for Moore, it is not that easy to do a reasonable accurate valuation.

Risk Control
1. Initially, Moore will be backed by the bond issuer's current hardware and other mining equities.
2. More real hardware will gradually dominate the portfolio which backs Moore.
3. The bond issuer has the right to degenerate Moore into a normal mining bond by multiplying its hashrate at that time and 1.6. For example, after three years, each bond represents 4MH/s, if the issuer decides to degenerate it, it turns to a normal mining bond, which loses the power to grow 0.89% per week, but instantly becomes 6.4MH/s and doesn't change anymore.
4. The bond issuer has the right to buy Moore back at 105% of the weighted average market price of the last 5 days.
5. The bond issuer has the right to determine the price when he releases new bonds to the market.

Coupon Calculation
Definitions
Financial Week: Starting from 16:00:00(GMT Time) each Tuesday, ending at 16:00:00(GMT Time) the succeeding Tuesday.

Coupon Unit: The quantity of Bitcoins paid each share each financial week.

Payment Time
We assume T(0) is the IPO starting time, T(i) is the time of i-th coupon payment, and it should satisfy:

16:00:00(GMT Time) Tuesday of the i-th financial week <= T(i) < 16:00:00(GMT Time) Wednesday of the i-th financial week

The substraction on T(i) is defined in seconds, which means that (T(i)-T(i-1)) represents "how many seconds elapse between T(i) and T(i-1)".

Amount of Payments
The coupon unit of the i-th financial week is:

10^6 * (1.0089)^(i-1) * f(i) / 2^32

in which f(i) is calculated as follows:
  f(i) = (t(1)-t(0))*B(0)/D(0) + ... + (t(n)-t(n-1))*B(n-1)/D(n-1)
     where:
        the number of the changes of difficulty and block reward between T(i-1) and T(i) is (n-1).
        t(0) equals to T(i-1).
        t(j) (when 0<j<n and n>1) means the time of the j-th change of either the difficulty or the block reward during T(i-1) and T(i).
        t(n) equals to T(i).
        B(j) means the last block reward before t(j+1).
        D(j) means the last difficulty number before t(j+1).
        The substraction on t(j) is also defined in seconds.

Estimated Returns vs Normal Mining Bonds

Normal Mining Bonds are assumed to have a price of 0.3BTC/share, plotted in blue.
Moore Bonds are assumed to have a price of 0.48BTC/share, plotted in red.

X-axis is the number of weeks, Y-axis is the expected total return rate from coupons.

The difficulty is set at 1,733,208.
The date when block reward reduces to 25 is set at 30 weeks later.

The first picture assumes that the difficulty does not change:

The second picture assumes that when the block rewards turns to 25, the difficulty also turns to a half, as some miners will close their operations:

The third picture assumes that the difficulty also always smoothly increases by 0.89% according to the Moore's Law:

The forth picture assumes the same as the third one, except that when the block rewards turns to 25, the difficulty also turns to a half, as some miners will close their operations:

(reserved)

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2012, 04:14:14 PM

When will you start offering them? I don't see them on GLBSE yet.
Dividend Calculation
The formula of the dividends per share per week is:

R*(86400*7*B*10^6)/(D*2^32)

in which:
  R is the hashrate of that week, which starts with 1, and grows by 0.89% each week.
  B is the block reward, which is 50 now, and will become 25 in the next 4 years.
  D is the difficulty of that week.

Which is the difficulty of that week? The difficulty at the start of that week, or at the end? Same goes for B.

Wouldn't it be better to calculate the dividend the way Puremining does, so that neither difficulty nor B can affect it? I like the look of these bonds, but would prefer dividends based on numbers of blocks solved rather than weeks.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 06:22:56 PM

If it doesn't follow Moore's law, shouldn't it be called NOT-MOORE? Grin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 06:26:49 PM

Tongue

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 06:32:20 PM

interesting... what's the timeline for ipo?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 07:44:33 PM

NO.MOORE Smiley

(BFL)^2 < 0
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 09:07:40 PM

NO.MOORE Smiley

Yes.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 03:05:04 AM

Quite interested, depending on initial sale price.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 07:41:33 AM

When will you start offering them? I don't see them on GLBSE yet.

I've already created the asset with the date set as "3 days from now", but it doesn't show on the IPO page. Don't know if it's a feature of GLBSE or there's something I didn't do it right.

Which is the difficulty of that week? The difficulty at the start of that week, or at the end? Same goes for B.

It means the start of that (financial) week. That is, each payment on Wednesday will be calculated using the difficulty and block reward of last Wednesday.

Wouldn't it be better to calculate the dividend the way Puremining does, so that neither difficulty nor B can affect it? I like the look of these bonds, but would prefer dividends based on numbers of blocks solved rather than weeks.

We will surely consider, thanks for your advice.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 08:00:46 AM

Are growth percentages (the 0.89%) compounded or not? Meaning: after 100 weeks, is the hash rate per bond 1.89 or higher?

Also 100 (percent) / 2 * 52 (weeks) != 0.89%... How did you come up with that number should you not plan to compound interest?

Disadvantage 2 is easy, just think how long you want to hold a bond and then calculate how many hashes it would solve in that timeframe. I could try to put up a calculator/spreadsheet for that... Something along the lines of "I want to hold bond A or MOORE for X weeks - how long do I need to hold MOORE to be chaper per hashes solved than bond A?"

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
kronosvl

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 10:02:22 AM

I guess on week x it will be 1.0089^x (or 1.0089^(x-1)) something like that
as for the 0.89% I think is 2^(1/(365*1.5))-1 for 1 day or (2^(1/(365*1.5)))^7-1 for 1 week

Donations are accepted @: 19Uk8zVhdgfrRo5Z6wH9yghWxZUtdiNtX9
OTC: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewgpg.php?nick=kronosvl
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 10:03:38 AM

Are growth percentages (the 0.89%) compounded or not? Meaning: after 100 weeks, is the hash rate per bond 1.89 or higher?

Also 100 (percent) / 2 * 52 (weeks) != 0.89%... How did you come up with that number should you not plan to compound interest?

It is compounded. Or it would have a chance to beat the Moore's Law, which itself implies exponential growth.

After 18 months, that is 1.5 year:
(1+0.89%)^(1.5*365/7)=1.99976, which is very close to 2.

After 100 weeks:
(1+0.89%)^100=2.43556.

Disadvantage 2 is easy, just think how long you want to hold a bond and then calculate how many hashes it would solve in that timeframe. I could try to put up a calculator/spreadsheet for that... Something along the lines of "I want to hold bond A or MOORE for X weeks - how long do I need to hold MOORE to be chaper per hashes solved than bond A?"

This is the easy part. The hard part is "how long you want to hold a bond", which is not pre-determined, but deeply affected by tons of other conditions, including the pricing of bonds themselves.

Thanks very much.

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 02:06:15 PM

Well, as I said, you can also calculate how long it would take to be more profitable if you buy 1 MH/s MOORE right now at 0.50 BTC compared to 1 MH/s stable for 0.30 BTC...

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 11:34:24 AM

Well, as I said, you can also calculate how long it would take to be more profitable if you buy 1 MH/s MOORE right now at 0.50 BTC compared to 1 MH/s stable for 0.30 BTC...

What I was suggesting is that the pros and cons of our bonds, compared to normal ones, are multi-dimensional. Some will prefer growth, and some will prefer more immediate returns so they could use it elsewhere. The difficulty/price uncertainty of the future further complicates the choice.

But you are right. We could make the calculation to give buyers more indication. "How much time it would take to be more profitable" would make a good indicator, and I believe so as "How long it will break even" and "How long the total dividends will exceed 10x of normal mining bonds", etc.

Thank you very much.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 11:35:44 AM

Update

The asset is in verification. I made the contract more detailed and submitted again. I hope it will be listed on the IPO page soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 12:19:54 PM

But you are right. We could make the calculation to give buyers more indication. "How much time it would take to be more profitable" would make a good indicator, and I believe so as "How long it will break even" and "How long the total dividends will exceed 10x of normal mining bonds", etc.

"How long until it will have solved more virtual hashes per BTC invested than a cheaper static 1 MH/s contract" is calculable. Not perfectly, as you have a weird payout scheme/calculation, but it should be close.
"How long until your investment is gained as dividends" not, as it depends on difficulty
"How long until you will have gained 10x the dividends of a static bond" is not calculable as well, as this also depends on difficulty.

An ideal case for buying this bond here would be a strong difficulty increase in the beginning and then, after you passed the hashes per BTC invested of 1 MH/s bonds, a decline or at least slow increase in difficulty again. Also you should take into account when buying this on which weekdays difficulty increases can be expected, unless the payout calculation gets closer to the real expected values.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 02:46:56 AM

Update

MOORE is already listed on the IPO page of GLBSE.

The number of shares for selling, the IPO price, and the price for bulk purchase are to be determined.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 03:34:10 AM

"How long until your investment is gained as dividends" not, as it depends on difficulty
"How long until you will have gained 10x the dividends of a static bond" is not calculable as well, as this also depends on difficulty.

Yes, they only make sense when we pre-make an assumption on future difficulty evolution.

unless the payout calculation gets closer to the real expected values.

It seems you are concerned with my dividends calculation formula, and some other people too.
Would it be better to change it to:
R*(N*600*B*10^6)/(D*2^32)
in which R, B and D keep the original meaning, and N means the number of actual blocks between the time of two payments?

Thank you very much.

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 08:42:59 AM

Not at all, as this means you pay out more on rounds where difficulty is on the rise (average time between blocks is less than 600 seconds) and less if it is going down (slower than 1 block every 10 minutes).

Just pay the expected 100% PPS rate:

Sum of ( (Hash rate * Time in seconds of difficulty 1 * block reward 1) / (difficulty 1 * 2^32) + (Hash rate * Time in seconds of difficulty 2 * block reward 2) / (difficulty 2 * 2^32) + ... )

The time in seconds either starts at the beginning of the week or at the last block of the old difficulty and ends at the last second of the week or at the last block of the current difficulty.

Example:

Hashrate of the network explodes, difficulties are 1, 4 and 16, 2 difficulty changes after 3 days, 0:00 (timestamp of last block with difficulty 1) and 2 days later 0:00 (timestamp of last block with difficulty 4)and another time on the last second of the week, hashrate of the bond = 1 MH/s:

( ( 1*10^6 H/s * 259200 s * 50 BTC) / (1 * 2^32) ) + ( ( 1*10^6 H/s * 172800 s * 50 BTC) / (4 * 2^32) ) + ( ( 1*10^6 H/s * 172800 s * 50 BTC) / (16 * 2^32) ) = 3 646.12788 BTC (1 MH/s was a lot in the beginning of a bitcoin block chain!)

With your old calculation (R*(86400*7*B*10^6)/(D*2^32)):
( 1 * 86400 * 7 * 50 * 10^6 ) / ( 1 * 2^32 ) = 7 040.79866 BTC

or the updated one (R*(N*600*B*10^6)/(D*2^32)):
( 1 * 6048 (= 3 times 2016 blocks) * 600 * 50 * 10^6 ) / ( 1 * 2^32 ) = 42 244.792 BTC

Yes, the examples are highly exaggerated, but you still see that you clearly will pay out too much (in extreme cases far too much!) if difficulty rises. As you increase your hash rate per your calculations as well, you'll increase that effect too. On the other hand, if difficulty goes down, you underpay or get closer to the real PPS values.

Feel free to pay out on your flawed simplified model, but if a little bit of math is already too difficult to do, it makes me wonder if you're up to the task of handling a mining operation that has to double it's size consistently every 1.5 years...

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 10:31:44 AM

Just pay the expected 100% PPS rate:

Sum of ( (Hash rate * Time in seconds of difficulty 1 * block reward 1) / (difficulty 1 * 2^32) + (Hash rate * Time in seconds of difficulty 2 * block reward 2) / (difficulty 2 * 2^32) + ... )

The time in seconds either starts at the beginning of the week or at the last block of the old difficulty and ends at the last second of the week or at the last block of the current difficulty.

This matches real mining process most accurately. Thanks for figuring out for me. I think I fell into the pitfall of assuming that the difficulty change will always be mild so that I chose the over-simplified model. You are right. Extreme cases should be taken into account.

Feel free to pay out on your flawed simplified model, but if a little bit of math is already too difficult to do, it makes me wonder if you're up to the task of handling a mining operation that has to double it's size consistently every 1.5 years...

Thanks for your criticism. I won't "feel free". I will do my best to revise my plan. I'm sorry for the informality and flaws of the OP, and will make a more detailed appendix to it.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 11:33:00 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2012, 02:16:15 PM by friedcat

Revision of Coupon Payments

Definitions
Financial Week: Starting from 16:00:00(GMT Time) each Tuesday, ending at 16:00:00(GMT Time) the succeeding Tuesday.

Coupon Unit: The quantity of Bitcoins paid each share each financial week.

Payment Time
We assume T(0) is the IPO starting time, T(i) is the time of i-th coupon payment, and it should satisfy:

16:00:00(GMT Time) Tuesday of the i-th financial week <= T(i) < 16:00:00(GMT Time) Wednesday of the i-th financial week

The substraction on T(i) is defined in seconds, which means that (T(i)-T(i-1)) represents "how many seconds elapse between T(i) and T(i-1)".

Amount of Payments
The coupon unit of the i-th financial week is:

10^6 * (1.0089)^(i-1) * f(i) / 2^32

in which f(i) is calculated as follows:
  f(i) = (t(1)-t(0))*B(0)/D(0) + ... + (t(n)-t(n-1))*B(n-1)/D(n-1)
     where:
        the number of the changes of difficulty and block reward between T(i-1) and T(i) is (n-1).
        t(0) equals to T(i-1).
        t(j) (when 0<j<n and n>1) means the time of the j-th change of either the difficulty or the block reward during T(i-1) and T(i).
        t(n) equals to T(i).
        B(j) means the last block reward before t(j+1).
        D(j) means the last difficulty number before t(j+1).
        The substraction on t(j) is also defined in seconds.

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 11:45:19 AM

Perfect! Smiley

Just a recommendation: Plot this (with assumed constant difficulty) for 1 year and show people the nice exponential curve! Cool

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 01:35:34 PM

Looking good. Just a couple of points:
1. I find
Code:
10^6 * (1+0.89%)^(i-1) * f(i) / 2^32

a bit confusing.

Code:
10^6 * [b](1.089)[/b]^(i-1) * f(i) / 2^32

is a bit simpler and easier to parse (nitpicky I know, but still...)

2. You're still basing payment on a chronological basis which I'm sure makes ROI easier to calculate, but mean you have to use a complex function to calculate f(i). Basing the coupon period on the greatest common denominator of the block count to halving the bitcoin reward (210000) and between difficulty changes (2016) mean that you'd calculate the dividend on 336 blocks at a time. You can still pay weekly if you want, although the weekly payment will vary depending on how many sets of 336 blocks were in that time period. But the divdend calculation becomes a lot simpler. 

Good luck. I'll purchase some of these with my next lot of bond dividends.

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 01:42:42 PM

1.089 != 1 + 0.89%... Wink

1 + 0.89% is 1.0089!

Meni does this thing with 336 block "macroblocks" - there might still be an issue though with being able to game the system a bit by buying in on weeks where it's likely that they contain 1 more macroblock than other weeks, since on average one macroblock is a bit longer than 1 day.

The correct (though a bit complicated) way to do it (if you want constant time window payouts) is as friedcat already outlined: Calculate for each second how much 1 hash would be worth and sum it up for 1 week or whatever your payout frequency is.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 02:20:25 PM

Looking good. Just a couple of points:
1. I find
Code:
10^6 * (1+0.89%)^(i-1) * f(i) / 2^32

a bit confusing.

Fixed. Thanks for informing.

2. You're still basing payment on a chronological basis which I'm sure makes ROI easier to calculate, but mean you have to use a complex function to calculate f(i). Basing the coupon period on the greatest common denominator of the block count to halving the bitcoin reward (210000) and between difficulty changes (2016) mean that you'd calculate the dividend on 336 blocks at a time. You can still pay weekly if you want, although the weekly payment will vary depending on how many sets of 336 blocks were in that time period. But the divdend calculation becomes a lot simpler.

I think a more faithful connection to real mining process is more important than easier coupon calculation. So I may just stick to my new calculation formula.

Good luck. I'll purchase some of these with my next lot of bond dividends.

Glad to know this. Thank you very much.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 02:49:37 PM

1.089 != 1 + 0.89%... Wink

1 + 0.89% is 1.0089!
see what I mean by confusing!

Meni does this thing with 336 block "macroblocks" - there might still be an issue though with being able to game the system a bit by buying in on weeks where it's likely that they contain 1 more macroblock than other weeks, since on average one macroblock is a bit longer than 1 day.

The correct (though a bit complicated) way to do it (if you want constant time window payouts) is as friedcat already outlined: Calculate for each second how much 1 hash would be worth and sum it up for 1 week or whatever your payout frequency is.

Yes this is not my idea, its Meni's. I like its simplicity and it allows me to calculate the results myself pretty easily. I like the transparency. The constant time window payouts aren't a big attraction for me. I don't mind a bunch of smaller payouts.

Like I said this is all a bit nitpicky, and if friedcat is ok with the extra complexity, it really isn't a big deal. I just like simplicity where it's available.

I think a more faithful connection to real mining process is more important than easier coupon calculation. So I may just stick to my new calculation formula.

Well, I have to disagree with you there. There's no reason a bond has to be faithful to the real mining process, just faithful to the promised dividend. I guess what I'd really like is a bond that pays the same amount per dividend for a given difficulty period - or as in MOORE, an exponentially ramping amount.

Anyway, this is total offtopic, and your current system will serve just as well.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 06:01:14 AM

Perfect! Smiley

Just a recommendation: Plot this (with assumed constant difficulty) for 1 year and show people the nice exponential curve! Cool

I'm now actively working on it, besides the planning of the initial portfolio, and the coordinating jobs of miners and mining operations.
Expect a detailed estimation soon. Smiley

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 07:45:07 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2012, 11:35:30 AM by friedcat

Estimated Returns vs Normal Mining Bonds

Normal Mining Bonds are assumed to have a price of 0.3BTC/share, plotted in blue.

X-axis is the number of weeks, Y-axis is the expected total return rate from coupons.

The difficulty is set at 1,733,208.

The first picture assumes that the difficulty does not change:

The second picture assumes that when the block rewards turns to 25, the difficulty also turns to a half, as some miners will close their operations:

johnlu

Activity: 471
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 12:34:50 PM

How many shares are you going to sell? How much does each share cost? At least I would like to know an estimated price :-)
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 01:40:32 PM

In the post above he/she valued them at 0.48 BTC per initial MH/s, about 60% above the typical 0.30 BTC that 1 MH/s bonds sell atm.

Another interesting plot would be with difficulty that increases according to Moore's law - your bonds then should show a straight line while constant bonds (while initially cheaper) will rapidly decline at some point.

punningclan

Activity: 283

Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 10:55:04 PM

I'm looking forward to the IPO.

It was a cunning plan to have the funny man be the money fan of the punning clan.
1J13NBTKiV8xrAo2dwaD4LhWs3zPobhh5S
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:20:05 AM

In the post above he/she valued them at 0.48 BTC per initial MH/s, about 60% above the typical 0.30 BTC that 1 MH/s bonds sell atm.

Another interesting plot would be with difficulty that increases according to Moore's law - your bonds then should show a straight line while constant bonds (while initially cheaper) will rapidly decline at some point.

The price is now finally determined at 0.48BTC/s. The amount is to be announced yet.

The following are two pictures showing that if the difficulty increases according to Moore's Law, how our bonds will perform compared to normal bonds.

The difficulty is initially set at 1,733,208, and increases by 0.89% each week.

The first picture assumes that the difficulty always smoothly increases:

brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:24:59 AM

Thanks for the graphs. I like graphs!  Cheesy What program did you use to produce them?

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:28:46 AM

Thanks for the graphs. I like graphs!  Cheesy What program did you use to produce them?

I wrote a little script to generate the data, then using Excel to plot them.
It's the standard and most painless way for me. Smiley

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 12:03:44 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2012, 02:14:29 PM by friedcat

Update

The price of IPO is set at 0.480.50 BTC/s.

The price of bulk purchase is 0.45 BTC/s(6.6710.00% discount), but each trade has to involve larger than 500 shares(225 BTC). Please PM me for trades, and find witnesses/make records on replies if necessary.

The total amount of our initial release will be less than or equal to 20,000 shares.
It depends on how the bulk purchase goes on.

Thanks to everyone who's interested. Smiley

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 01:55:28 PM

Update

The price is adjusted. The bulk purchase price is unchanged, but the IPO price is increased to 0.50 BTC/share.

Since the IPO hasn't started, I hope this will not provoke too much confusion.

I am very sorry but the first round is priced at the lowest bound in our profit-risk estimation, therefore after some consideration, we decided to re-price them.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 02:16:41 PM

This looks very interesting.  Subscribe.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 03:27:02 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2012, 09:27:42 PM by BrightAnarchist

Are you a mining company who will utilize the funds directly, or are you using the proceeds to purchase other mining bonds?

Also, when is the IPO ( or did I already miss it )?

Thanks.
jackmaninov

Activity: 139

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:36:56 PM

The MOORE IPO time has passed; when will the opening asks be posted?
VEscudero
Donator

Activity: 335

Bitcoin, Ripple & Blockchain pioneer

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 11:40:57 PM

The MOORE IPO time has passed; when will the opening asks be posted?

Subs

https://www.vescudero.net   ★ VEscudero's Blog about cybersecurity, blockchain, bitcoin and open source ★
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 12:04:04 AM

I am trying to contact him to find out when he is going to issue the shares.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 01:20:43 AM

Anything ever happen?

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 01:33:26 AM

He is still offline and no response to my skype.  You know as much as me now - not much.  I am assuming that either a) he got confused by the whole UTC versus China versus US versus GLBSE serve time thing or b) the Chineese government hauled him away.  I hope it is a)

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 02:00:17 AM

Update

I sincerely apologize for the confusion of time I made. I am online each day for a long time, but not from day to night. I couldn't get access to internet within a certain time interval every day. Very sorry for the late.

There are 20,000 shares for sale at the first round. 5,000 are for IPO sale and the rest are for bulk purchase.

I will be in no way hauled away by the Chinese government in a foreseeable time. It likes to intervene with everything, but there are much more things other than Bitcoin-related stuff that are interesting to them. Maybe 5 years later, the market cap of Bitcoin exceeds Apple and we finally catche its eyes, but not now.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 02:46:43 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2012, 04:42:58 AM by friedcat

Are you a mining company who will utilize the funds directly, or are you using the proceeds to purchase other mining bonds?

As said in the OP, we will do both at the start, but quickly turn to a portfolio composed mainly by real hardware to reduce both my cost and my risk. Thanks.

The IPO has already been started. I'm very sorry for the delay.

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 10:24:07 AM

As said in the OP, we will do both at the start, but quickly turn to a portfolio composed mainly by real hardware to reduce both my cost and my risk. Thanks.

Paying out dividends/interest from deposits is also known as a "Ponzi" scheme. What fraction of initial deposits are we talking about and how "quickly" will you start real mining with at least the hash rate you are paying out? I won't touch a single share until then...

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 11:02:21 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2012, 11:47:30 AM by friedcat

Paying out dividends/interest from deposits is also known as a "Ponzi" scheme. What fraction of initial deposits are we talking about and how "quickly" will you start real mining with at least the hash rate you are paying out? I won't touch a single share until then...

When I replied the question of BrightAnarchist, what "utilize the funds directly" in my mind was "using the funds to buy hardware", because the context was "a mining company". This is also our OP implied. Unfortunately it could also be read as "paying out from deposits", which I didn't realize before, and I will never do this.

So what I said "do both at the start" means that the coupons will initially come from the current hardware in my control, and the coupons from other mining bonds. But the portion of the latter will decrease as we get new hardware. Relying on too much other mining assets for too long a time increases my risks and reduces my potential profits.

Therefore the direct answers to your questions are:

1. What fraction of initial deposits are we talking about?
Answer: 0%. We will not pay the capital.

2. How "quickly" will you start real mining with at least the hash rate you are paying out?
Answer: I will start real mining immediately (in fact the current hardware already mined for a long time), but if the mining power in my control (10GH/s) at this moment couldn't support the coupons, I will invest on some other mining bonds. The expansion will be done in 4-6 weeks. After that, most capital from other mining assets will be switched to real hardware.

Thank you for your question and hope my answers could help clarify. Very sorry for the confusion I brought.

brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 11:11:46 AM

Paying out dividends/interest from deposits is also known as a "Ponzi" scheme.

I'd disagree.

In a Ponzi scheme the returns are fraudulently claimed to come from investment returns and used to induce others to invest. The returns on this bond contract are determined by a known formula. So long as the issuer pays out coupons according to that formula, the terms of the contract are fulfilled. How the issuer hedges its obligations with mining hardware or otherwise is a matter for the issuer.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 11:18:02 AM

How the issuer hedges its obligations with mining hardware or otherwise is a matter for the issuer.

Well in fact it's not. It makes difference in risks, therefore the difference in the return rates.

One of the reasons why mining bonds (of which the return rate is lower than lending) are still interesting at this moment at all, is that the investors know that there are real hardware always working to produce Bitcoins and therefore more confident about investing.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 01:19:17 PM

Friedcat is living in China, he has been already contacting and negotiation with the hardware and mining power with the some influential Chinese miners right since this post started. He has reached me and that's how I know he is doing this.

IMHO, this bond will be backed up by real mining power, there is bitcoin->mining rigs ->bitcoin circle which produce real net profit from the mining activities, it's not a ponzi scheme where "dividends" is paid from deposits of later people.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
jackmaninov

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 04:35:58 AM

Looks like some more investors need to be found...
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 04:42:09 AM

Looks like some more investors need to be found...

I have processed in total of more than 5,000 shares of bulk purchase till now. That's about 1/4 of the total IPO size.

But I agree with you. The amount of invested BTC so far is still far away from the capability I could handle. And I will need more investments to get enough funds to enjoy the wholesale price of FPGAs. Smiley

Thanks for your interest.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:25:01 AM

1st Payment

Calculation time: May 30, 05:07:33 forum time

For compensation of my delay of IPO, the first coupon is calculated with a full week instead of six days.

Number of difficulty change: 1
Number of block reward change: 0

Time interval before difficulty change:
  Starting from: May 23, 05:07:33
  Ending at: May 24, 18:10:29
  Total time: 133754s
  Difficulty: 1,733,207.51

Time interval after difficulty change:
  Starting from: May 24, 18:10:29
  Ending at: May 30, 05:07:32
  Total time: 471046s
  Difficulty: 1,591,074.96

Hashrate of this week: 1MH/s

coupon/share = (1*10^6)/(2^32)*(133754*50/1733207.51+471046*50/1591074.96)=0.0043449

Number of Shares: 5437

Total Payment: 23.6232213

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 07:38:57 AM

Update

To reduce the "scary wall" and facilitate the discovering of a proper price. We changed the IPO offering from 5,000 shares to 1,000 shares.

The bulk purchase is still open at 0.45 BTC/share.

As the hash rate grows each week and so does our obligation of payment, both the IPO price and the private offering price are about to rise soon.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 02:07:22 PM

Update

5,884 shares have been sold till now. It equals to about 5.936GH/s of hashrate this week (1.0089MH/s per share), which still does not exceed my current maximum capability of about 10GH/s.

The raised money will be used for buying ngzhang's mining FPGAs called Lancelot (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=79835.0).
BFLs and other FPGAs probably will not be an option in the short term, because the waiting cycle will be too long, and they might have trouble passing the border of mainland China without paying relatively heavy tariffs.

At the best scenario, we could get over 30 Lancelots at 400$ each for the first batch, which could be as fast as mid-June. Because I'm also in China, both the shipping time and the shipping price are almost negligible. If each Lancelot could mine at 500MH/s as said in the corresponding thread, It will push my mining capability from 10GH/s to more than 25GH/s within this month with the current sold bonds.

At the worst scenario, the first batch could be delayed for a while, and there might be some limitation on how many each person could buy for the first batch, then I can only get less than 30 Lancelots at 500$, so I would rather waiting for the next batch, which might take as long as 1-2 weeks for retail buying and about 4 weeks for wholesale buying. In this condition, my mining capability will be pushed from 10GH/s to more than 25GH/s before the end of July, but before that, I will have to pay coupons with the existing mining power.

Therefore if in the next few weeks, some sudden demands of MOORE rise, I might reduce the first round of offering from 20,000 shares to about 8,000 to 9,000 shares, and offer more after the first wave of hardware arrives.

Jimmy2011

Activity: 589

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 03:22:06 PM

MOORE is a formula bond, which is definitely win all other mining bonds for the issuer. I am wondering whether my following reasoning is right,

The great point is the IPO price, say 0.45 BTC or 0.5 BTC per share, which is about 1.5 times of the normal mining price.

So the issuer can get ~1.5X "hardware", or the simplest way is just to invest other normal mining bonds in GLBSE market to get the normal coupons, which is ~ 1.5X NORMAL coupons for the issued shares.

But the return is a "MOORE" formula, which is less than the NORMAL coupons in a large periods of more than one year, so the issuer can profit more than 0.5X NORMAL coupons.

The first cross point is the "MOORE" return equal to NORMAL return at the time frame more than 80 weeks according to the plots in this thread.

The second cross point is the "MOORE" return equal to ~1.5X NORMAL return, which is apparently at the time frame more than 2 years.

And the last point is from the profit during the above periods of more than 2 years. The profit during that period can also compensate the steeper "MOORE" return in a longer periods, and the profit can also get a normal profit, say the interest. So the issuer may have not any risk for this formula bond.

I didn't reason the details of the difficulty change, BITCOIN changes from 50 to 25 and all other factors. The reasoning is only from an intuitive viewpoint of a linear function that more Bitcoins can be mined if there are more mining power at any situation.

So now I will buy some shares if the price is 0.3 BTC per share as the usual mining bonds.
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 08:32:04 PM

I didn't reason the details of the difficulty change, BITCOIN changes from 50 to 25 and all other factors. The reasoning is only from an intuitive viewpoint of a linear function that more Bitcoins can be mined if there are more mining power at any situation.

So now I will buy some shares if the price is 0.3 BTC per share as the usual mining bonds.

I'm not sure if I get you correctly, but other mining bonds don't recalculate with higher hash rate each week, they stay at the same hash rate. Bitcoin itself has the so called "difficulty" that evens out any effort to mine more coins just by adding more/faster hardware to the cluster. On average in total there will be ~50 BTC per 10 minutes until December, no matter if the global hash rate triples until then or halves.

Why would you not pay a premium for a bond that grows automatically by 0.89% (compounded!) each week?

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:31:43 AM

MOORE is a formula bond, which is definitely win all other mining bonds for the issuer. I am wondering whether my following reasoning is right,

The great point is the IPO price, say 0.45 BTC or 0.5 BTC per share, which is about 1.5 times of the normal mining price.

So the issuer can get ~1.5X "hardware", or the simplest way is just to invest other normal mining bonds in GLBSE market to get the normal coupons, which is ~ 1.5X NORMAL coupons for the issued shares.

But the return is a "MOORE" formula, which is less than the NORMAL coupons in a large periods of more than one year, so the issuer can profit more than 0.5X NORMAL coupons.

The first cross point is the "MOORE" return equal to NORMAL return at the time frame more than 80 weeks according to the plots in this thread.

The second cross point is the "MOORE" return equal to ~1.5X NORMAL return, which is apparently at the time frame more than 2 years.

And the last point is from the profit during the above periods of more than 2 years. The profit during that period can also compensate the steeper "MOORE" return in a longer periods, and the profit can also get a normal profit, say the interest. So the issuer may have not any risk for this formula bond.

0.3 BTC per share for MOORE would be a devastating discount that makes me a net loss at all time. It means that I have to support 1MH/s from the very beginning, as other mining bond issuers do, and guarantee the 0.89% per week growth as an extra obligation, with only 0.3 BTC.

Only if I could get BFL Mini Rigs or ASIC miners today, and have free access to electricity, I might be able to make a little profits. But in this impossibly optimistic scenario, issuing normal bonds with 0.2BTC/MH or even 0.18 BTC/MH would also be profitable. But as far as I know, 0.2BTC/MH normal mining bonds are not that common in the market. Gigavps did this before, but the market pushed the price to nearly 0.3BTC/MH almost immediately after that.

Jimmy2011

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:48:21 AM

I'm not sure if I get you correctly, but other mining bonds don't recalculate with higher hash rate each week, they stay at the same hash rate. Bitcoin itself has the so called "difficulty" that evens out any effort to mine more coins just by adding more/faster hardware to the cluster. On average in total there will be ~50 BTC per 10 minutes until December, no matter if the global hash rate triples until then or halves.

Why would you not pay a premium for a bond that grows automatically by 0.89% (compounded!) each week?

I am sorry that I misunderstood the contract. MOORE is a dynamic bond, which recalculates the base share.

At the moment, I am puzzled that how MOORE outperform the average profit from the mining, ~50 BTC per 10 minutes, in the long-term.
Jimmy2011

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 06:01:08 AM

0.3 BTC per share for MOORE would be a devastating discount that makes me a net loss at all time. It means that I have to support 1MH/s from the very beginning, as other mining bond issuers do, and guarantee the 0.89% per week growth as an extra obligation, with only 0.3 BTC.

Only if I could get BFL Mini Rigs or ASIC miners today, and have free access to electricity, I might be able to make a little profits. But in this impossibly optimistic scenario, issuing normal bonds with 0.2BTC/MH or even 0.18 BTC/MH would also be profitable. But as far as I know, 0.2BTC/MH normal mining bonds are not that common in the market. Gigavps did this before, but the market pushed the price to nearly 0.3BTC/MH almost immediately after that.

Friedcat: I am sorry for my misunderstanding of your bond.

From a long term point of view, I am also worrying some risks in China. As you plan to install more miners, in China, I am wondering how will some governments or departments treat the equipment and electricity.
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 06:49:19 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2012, 11:23:52 AM by friedcat

Friedcat: I am sorry for my misunderstanding of your bond.

From a long term point of view, I am also worrying some risks in China. As you plan to install more miners, in China, I am wondering how will some governments or departments treat the equipment and electricity.

That's OK. And the concern of me being in China is also very reasonable. I will try to explain it.

1. From the legislation point of view, the Chinese government doesn't ban virtual currencies and commodities, but they only allow a single-sided circulation. For example, a game company can sell their virtual currencies for fiat, but players could not redeem them back as fiat again. This means that things like Bitcoin exchanges are in a illegal, or at best, grey area, in China. Bitcoin itself is fine, so is Bitcoin mining.

2. In the reality, legislation and laws in China are not as respected as in western countries. Orders and policies from the executive administrations matter more. Laws could be easily changed, and in most of the time, the government does not need legislation support to do evil things. But consider that the Chinese government is as slow and bloated as other fellow post-totalitarian ones in history, brand new inventions like Bitcoin is too tiny, too agile, and too beyond-of-its-imagination for it to identify. It has got too many other "bigger" and "more serious" problems to worry about.

3. In China, there are many things that are both illegal in principle and thriving in practice. Pornography, prostitution and gambling are all good examples. In fact, if you strictly follow all the laws and regulations, you could virtually do nothing at all. Almost all companies and enterprises evade taxes, or they can not survive for even a single day. Almost all stores and restaurants bribe to government officers, or they could never pass the regulation requirements, which are impossible to meet in the first place, to get their business licenses. The bottom line is that "don't make the government feel that you are dangerous for them" and "don't shout too loud to make other people believe you are beyond their regulations".

4. It is indeed possible that Bitcoin finally catches its eyes, and it finally decides that Bitcoin is a threat to it. But in my opinion it wouldn't be soon, and the possibility will not be significant larger than EU or US doing it.

5. Mining is not done publicly on the streets, and the electricity use is also limited. In China electricity costs about 0.1$/kWh, which is not much higher than in the US. If we could luckily expand to 1000GH or more, the mining space and electricity consumption might attract the attention of the local government. But that's quite far away, and could be avoided by scatter the Rigs into different places or even cities.

As a Chinese, I hope I didn't fail too much in describing how things work in China, and I hope the explanations above could answer your question. Smiley

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 05:49:50 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2012, 04:15:05 AM by friedcat

2nd Payment

Calculation time: June 6, 05:45:13 forum time

Number of difficulty change: 0

Time interval:
  Starting from: May 30, 05:07:33
  Ending at: June 6, 05:45:13
  Total time: 607060s

Hashrate of this week: 1.0089MH/s

coupon/share = (1.0089*10^6)/(2^32)*(607060*50/1591074.96)=0.0044813

Number of Shares: 5916

Total Payment: 26.5113708

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 12:05:27 PM

Update

The main thread has been slightly cleaned up. I also added a section of payment history.

Ngzhang released some news of Lancelot: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=79835.msg942822#msg942822. The expected date of first-batch releasing remains unchanged, because the present small bugs were already taken into consideration when he first estimated the date. I could take advantage of the short delivering time and low shipping fee by being in the same country as his. I'm looking forward to my smooth expansion.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 11:23:15 PM

I enjoyed your explanation of how you view the chinese government. Lets hope they dont catch on to bitcoin untill its too late.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:13:29 AM

3rd Payment

Calculation time: June 13, 04:18:48 forum time

Time interval:
  Starting from: June 6, 05:45:13
  Ending at: June 7, 19:51:04
  Total time: 137151s

Starting from: June 7, 19:51:04
  Ending at: June 13, 04:18:48
  Total time: 462464s
  Difficulty: 1,583,177.85

Hashrate of this week: 1.01788MH/s

coupon/share = (1.01788*10^6)/(2^32)*(137151*50/1591074.96+462464*50/1583177.85)=0.0044829

Number of Shares: 6109

Total Payment: 27.3860361

PinkBatman

Activity: 267

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 01:04:33 AM

Sub

Edit: Big fan of this so far.
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 05:07:19 AM

Great News

Recently, many people are concerned with the sudden drop of mining bond prices. For those who worry that our 0.89% week growth is not enough to neutralize the pressure of BTC price rallying and the dramatic improvement of hardware, we are planning to launch a secret plan for you. The code name is Liquid Helium.

The details are to be announced. Smiley

GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 05:36:26 AM

Great News

Recently, many people are concerned with the sudden drop of mining bond prices. For those who worry that our 0.89% week growth is not enough to neutralize the pressure of BTC price rallying and the dramatic improvement of hardware, we are planning to launch a secret plan for you. The code name is Liquid Helium.

Just be careful not to blow your hardware Smiley
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 05:42:40 AM

Great News

I don't know if normal silicon chips could work at the extremely low temperature in liquid helium. Some professionals give me a science popularization please.

However, the liquid helium is not for my hardware, but something else. Grin

Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 05:49:40 AM

Great News

I don't know if normal silicon chips could work at the extremely low temperature in liquid helium. Some professionals give me a science popularization please.

They don't Tongue

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 08:23:31 AM

They don't Tongue

Thanks. Anyway, my fancy freezing fluid is for much much larger objects than several pieces of hardware. Cheesy

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 10:12:51 AM

When the ASIC appears it will definitely have some effect on the market. I expect maximum 4x difficulty increases for awhile after they appear. Really depends if they dribble the ASIC onto the market or have mass production.

Glad to see you are on top of the situation and keeping us updated.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 10:14:58 AM

I wish we could short AMD on the stock exchange  Smiley

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 02:20:39 PM

When the ASIC appears it will definitely have some effect on the market. I expect maximum 4x difficulty increases for awhile after they appear. Really depends if they dribble the ASIC onto the market or have mass production.

Glad to see you are on top of the situation and keeping us updated.

Sure, thanks. Just stay tuned for the secret plan! Smiley

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 03:14:08 AM

NO.MOORE Smiley
NO.LESS

Seriously, though, I'm ready for this liquid helium plan...
rdponticelli

Activity: 325

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 08:18:03 PM

NO.MOORE Smiley
NO.LESS

Seriously, though, I'm ready for this liquid helium plan...

What about MORE.THAN.MOORE?  Grin

I'm on board for this, expecting the liquid announce...
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 12:09:21 AM

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 04:05:19 AM

4th Payment

Calculation time: June 20, 03:59:43 forum time

Time interval:
  Starting from: June 13, 04:18:48
  Ending at: June 20, 03:59:43
  Total time: 603655s

Hashrate of this week: 1.02694MH/s

coupon/share = (1.02694*10^6)/(2^32)*(603655*50/1583177.85)=0.0045584

Number of Shares: 6175

Total Payment: 28.14812

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 03:50:19 AM

Update

The first batch of MOORE is reduced from 20,000 to 10,000 shares. It's split into IPO sales and private bulk purchase. The numbers of left shares are:

IPO: 471/1000
Private: 1350/9000

Our secret plan will be released at the same time with the next coupon payment.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 01:32:29 PM

I like what I see.  Investing some.

piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 01:43:38 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2012, 02:07:25 PM by piotr_n

I like it too.

MOORE is the only mining bond, which price hasn't been collapsing for the last 2 weeks - and yet they still decided to limit the supply.

At least one mining investment that doesn't just tell you "these are bond so their price is meant to go down to zero, and you're getting what was promised so fuck off".

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 03:32:32 PM

... At least one mining investment that doesn't just tell you "these are bond so their price is meant to go down to zero, and you're getting what was promised so fuck off".

+1

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 05:53:56 PM

The key is to invest in mining companies, not bonds. Isn't it obvious that the value of 1MH/s will always go down? On average, the difficulty increases and the block reward decreases. MOORE is nice because it's a deterministic bond which will always increase its hashpower, but there's also things like Cognitive, which is about to double its hashpower.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 11:05:49 PM

The key is to invest in mining companies, not bonds. Isn't it obvious that the value of 1MH/s will always go down? On average, the difficulty increases and the block reward decreases. MOORE is nice because it's a deterministic bond which will always increase its hashpower, but there's also things like Cognitive, which is about to double its hashpower.

I like both cognitive and Moore as well  Smiley

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 02:37:59 AM

Well we are about to jump our hashpower by magnitudes when cheap ASIC is out. The time value of our large price spread towards normal deterministic bonds is just to get ready for these sort of things.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 05:04:45 AM

5th Payment

Calculation time: June 27, 04:57:01 forum time

Time interval:
  Starting from: June 20, 03:59:43
  Ending at: June 20, 16:11:10
  Total time: 43887s

Starting from: June 20, 16:11:10
  Ending at: June 27, 04:57:10
  Total time: 564360s
  Difficulty: 1,726,566.56

Hashrate of this week: 1.19388MH/s

coupon/share = (1.19388*10^6)/(2^32)*(43887*50/1583177.85+564360*50/1726566.56)=0.0049283

Number of Shares: 8233

Total Payment: 40.5746939

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 05:14:13 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2012, 05:33:54 AM by friedcat

The Liquid Helium Plan

If a catastrophe comes, we can save ourselves by soaking our body with liquid helium, and wake up in a brighter future.

To cope with the panic of mining bonds, I've decided to freeze the entire earth. Now it's already 17 weeks later. You don't feel anything, but it's indeed 17 weeks later. I can feel the soft and cool breeze of the late autumn, can't you? Cheesy

Anyway our contract has to be accurately executed. So we have no choice but to re-calculate our hashrate from 1.03608 to 1.19388.

The similar plan will be launched in the future if similar disaster happens.

First launch: 17 weeks, 1.03608MH/s to 1.19388MH/s.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 05:31:31 AM

Excellent idea.  I like it!

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 09:19:08 AM

The hash rate per bond is supposed to increase a certain small amount every week. 

What he did was "skip ahead" so the hash rate went from 1.03608MH/s per bond to 1.19388MH/s per bond.

This is the equivalent of 17 weeks of increases in the hash rate per bond in only one week!!!

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 09:56:52 AM

nom nom nom

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 11:37:46 AM

The hash rate per bond is supposed to increase a certain small amount every week. 

What he did was "skip ahead" so the hash rate went from 1.03608MH/s per bond to 1.19388MH/s per bond.

This is the equivalent of 17 weeks of increases in the hash rate per bond in only one week!!!

omg.. I need to buy more shares o_O

ikr

Some of the mining companies will be moving to 20mh/s my guess is friedcat is easing us up to that Smiley

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 11:48:46 AM

Update

I'm now preparing for a(nother) secret project, which offers a different investment choice. The details will be fully declared soon.

As you might have already found, I am cautious and conservative towards new plans. So I will not make it public until I'm ready to.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 11:53:09 AM

omg.. I need to buy more shares o_O

ikr

Some of the mining companies will be moving to 20mh/s my guess is friedcat is easing us up to that Smiley

Well we have been moving already. That's a little different from will be moving to isn't it? Smiley

And this is why I temporarily reduced the initial offering because I'm limited by my current capability and the uncertainty about the releasing of Lancelot.

piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 11:55:00 AM

Yeah. Empty promises are worthless - only actions matter.

Cheers @friedcat!

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 11:56:30 AM

Yeah. Empty promises are worthless - only actions matter.

Cheers @friedcat!

+1

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 02:43:21 AM

5th Payment

Calculation time: July 4, 02:37:25 forum time

Time interval:
  Starting from: June 27, 04:57:10
  Ending at: July 4, 02:37:25
  Total time: 596415s

Hashrate of this week: 1.20451MH/s

coupon/share = (1.20451*10^6)/(2^32)*(596415*50/1726566.56)=0.0048438

Number of Shares: 8397

Total Payment: 40.6733886

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 03:35:27 AM

5th Payment

Calculation time: July 11, 03:27:20 forum time

Time interval:
  Starting from: July 4, 02:37:25
  Ending at: July 4, 11:37:21
  Total time: 32396s

Starting from: July 4, 11:37:21
  Ending at: July 11, 03:27:20
  Total time: 575399s
  Difficulty: 1,751,454.54

Hashrate of this week: 1.21523MH/s

coupon/share = (1.21523*10^6)/(2^32)*(32396*50/1726566.56+575399*50/1751454.54)=0.0049132

Number of Shares: 8536

Total Payment: 41.9390752

redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 03:45:57 AM

This may be answered somewhere in this thread.

But are you doing the mining here?

How is the ASIC craze going to effect moore.

I own a few shares.. Just wondering.
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 04:45:44 AM

This may be answered somewhere in this thread.

But are you doing the mining here?

How is the ASIC craze going to effect moore.

I own a few shares.. Just wondering.

Thanks for your question.

The original plan was to raise the bitcoins of MOORE sales to buy Lancelot FPGAs to expand (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82346.msg940163#msg940163). But the imminent ASICs and the delay of Lancelot (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=79835.220) made me suspend the plan. This is also why I reduced the supply, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to support the coupon with our existing hashing power.

The arrival of ASIC will make MOORE more valuable because we will empower MOORE with our own ASIC project (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91173.0). Before that, no more MOORE shares will be sold other than the existing open asks on GLBSE and the rest of the batch share sales in the OP. When in a very unfortunate situation where our own ASIC project doesn't work out, I will buy the best ASIC devices on the market.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 08:01:30 AM

Are you using MOORE funds to fund the ASIC building company ? If not are you going to create another asset to do so ?

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 08:13:35 AM

Are you using MOORE funds to fund the ASIC building company ? If not are you going to create another asset to do so ?

No. MOORE is a bond, not a stock, so I have to take all the responsibility. Investing MOORE funds to ASIC manufacture is too risky.

ASIC building is costly, although not so crazy as I thought before. It has a long waiting time (several months of producing masks), and needs a large-ish fund (150k$ in total with our current estimation). Crowdfunding of such a project has not been done before, and is hard to do. Seeking real-world investors is put on a higher priority.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 08:33:03 AM

No. MOORE is a bond, not a stock, so I have to take all the responsibility. Investing MOORE funds to ASIC manufacture is too risky.

ASIC building is costly, although not so crazy as I thought before. It has a long waiting time (several months of producing masks), and needs a large-ish fund (150k$ in total with our current estimation). Crowdfunding of such a project has not been done before, and is hard to do. Seeking real-world investors is put on a higher priority.

To complement

the best scenario will be: our ASICs arrive early, then our MH/$ and return becomes very attractive. In this case, I will boost MOORE with it, then sell part of our initial products' hashing power as MOORE before we are ready to sell physical devices.

The not-so-good condition is: our ASICs are late and the whole network is already dominated by other ASICs. In this case, I will also upgrade MOORE via Liquid Helium or MOORE will be devaluated.

The worst case will be that we fail to deliver our own ASICs. In this case, MOORE will also be upgraded, but via buying other people's ASICs.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 09:18:31 AM

$150 k is not much when compared to other projects listed on GLBSE and  I think you would be surprised how much interest there is in a bfl competitor and even more so one that is shareholder owned.

Why not do both a bitcoin fund and a fiat one ? I would love to invest in that.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 09:30:58 AM

$150 k is not much when compared to other projects listed on GLBSE and  I think you would be surprised how much interest there is in a bfl competitor and even more so one that is shareholder owned.

It is more complicated than that.

1. Other projects larger than $150k are all incremental, and investors could see their steady flows of return almost immediately. While our project is kind of "$150k or we could do nothing at all". The long waiting time is also a concern.

2. It is technically very hard to execute an actual shareholder ownership. For example, how could the shareholders prevent us from secretly produce a bunch of extra chips and mine and don't report to them? In normal mining companies, the shareholders have at least an estimation of how many mining devices are bought, then complain if the return doesn't match the capability of devices. But for our company, how could the shareholders watch and inspect us without a lot of energy?

Why not do both a bitcoin fund and a fiat one ? I would love to invest in that.

It is possible. But I really have no idea how much could the bitcoin fund could raise, and whether our fiat investors will give us the approval. I will think more about it.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 09:37:05 AM

I guess it comes down to trust after all. You can probably say that with all the glbse assets since none are enforceable by any government entity.

Making just the chips and letting other companies deal with customer support and manufacturing devices is how I wish other ASIC projects did it to distribute the mining power around.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 09:53:28 AM

I guess it comes down to trust after all. You can probably say that with all the glbse assets since none are enforceable by any government entity.

I believe they are covered by the Civil Law in most of the countries.

Furthermore there are quantitative differences: while it is hard to ensure the contracts of mining bonds and stocks, it is even harder to guarantee ours.

Making just the chips and letting other companies deal with customer support and manufacturing devices is how I wish other ASIC projects did it to distribute the mining power around.

It is indeed a very good future direction. But as a small startup, we have to bootstrap well first and control our cost. So we have to admit that the options of mining ourselves and selling hashing power are not excluded in our first stage.

glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 09:57:03 PM

Could you post a picture of the material running plz? just to see my bitcoins generating others !
(and eventually the liquid helium machine that freeze the all world last time )

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 04:14:23 AM

Could you post a picture of the material running plz? just to see my bitcoins generating others !

This was the mining farm of (finway) we original planned to use to pay the coupons while waiting for the expansion to Lancelot (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=79835.0). But since the Lancelot delivery was delayed indefinitely, and the ASICs are imminent, he sold the farm with half of the original price to buy BFL ASICs. I started my own ASIC project at roughly the same time, so we also suspended our deal.

I am now supporting about a half of the coupons with normal mining bonds of which the issuers plan to upgrade, and the other half with my own coins. This is also why I reduced the supply. Therefore in a word we are now still at stage-1 in the OP with "other assets" clause, and due to no appropriate hardware choice, we haven't switched to stage-2 yet.

If you consider this as a big problem, I am now placing the bid wall at 0.5BTC to buy back. But if you believe that my ASIC project will finally work out, or I will get the BFL ASICs after they really delivered something and increase the hashrate proportionally, you could hold MOORE for a little longer.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 04:26:25 AM

6th Payment

Calculation time: July 18, 04:17:09 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: July 11, 03:27:20
  Ending at: July 17, 14:55:05
  Total time: 559665s
  Difficulty: 1,751,454.54

Starting from: July 17, 14:55:05
  Ending at: July 18, 04:17:09
  Total time: 48124s
  Difficulty: 1,866,391.31

Hashrate of this week: 1.22605MH/s

coupon/share = (1.22605*10^6)/(2^32)*(559665*50/1751454.54+48124*50/1,866,391.31)=0.0049289

Number of Shares: 8404

Total Payment: 41.4224756

finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 05:04:34 AM

This was the mining farm of (finway) we original planned to use to pay the coupons while waiting for the expansion to Lancelot (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=79835.0). But since the Lancelot delivery was delayed indefinitely, and the ASICs are imminent, he sold the farm with half of the original price to buy BFL ASICs. I started my own ASIC project at roughly the same time, so we also suspended our deal.

I am now supporting about a half of the coupons with normal mining bonds of which the issuers plan to upgrade, and the other half with my own coins. This is also why I reduced the supply. Therefore in a word we are now still at stage-1 in the OP with "other assets" clause, and due to no appropriate hardware choice, we haven't switched to stage-2 yet.

If you consider this as a big problem, I am now placing the bid wall at 0.5BTC to buy back. But if you believe that my ASIC project will finally work out, or I will get the BFL ASICs after they really delivered something and increase the hashrate proportionally, you could hold MOORE for a little longer.

That's my farm, mining for about a year, sold for half the buy-in price. 
2013 will be the ASIC year.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 06:29:48 AM

That's my farm, mining for about a year, sold for half the buy-in price. 
2013 will be the ASIC year.

Thanks. I believe they will be dominating earlier than 2013 though. Smiley

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 07:53:25 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2012, 08:15:04 AM by friedcat

Update

As everyone knows and mentioned several times before, the releasing date of Lancelot FPGAs is still unknown. And it is believed by me that at least one brand of dedicated mining ASICs will be in the market within this year. So I probably won't buy any kind of current generation's mining devices.

Therefore we have two choices now. One is to empower MOORE with my own ASIC project when it succeeds (estimated deploying time at October-November this year), the other is to buy BFL ASICs. In both cases I will continue to pay coupons and increase the hashrate steadily by 0.89% per week before suddenly pulling the hashrate up with the help of new mining rigs with a new execution of the new Liquid Helium plan.

The estimation of the first choice is about 200-300MH/(second*share).
The estimation of the second choice is about 50-100MH/(second*share).

Both are based on the current price level of Bitcoin. The 0.89% growth will still be maintained after the upgrade.

Considering the second choice, which is (in my opinion) worse, I will buy SC Singles or SC Mini Rigs after there's solid proof that they are already there. But I hope that our own ASICs will be manufactured and deployed smoothly so that both the upgrading date and the target hashrates will be much better.

Of course, some of the investors do oppose to both of the choices, or do not like the status quo. I'm buying back at 0.5BTC/s, which is the same as the historical highest market price. Don't panic sell at the price below 0.5 when the bid wall is taken down, if you don't need the money immediately. Because I will always buy back at 0.5, even if I discover that everyone is against the plan and wants to be out.

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 02:48:46 PM

I will always buy back at 0.5
Now that just makes me as an investor feel all warm inside Cheesy
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2012, 02:54:15 PM

Especially after I bought some at <0.45 Tongue

Thanks, friedcat! You always find a way to positively surprise me again.. Smiley

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2012, 03:11:47 PM

Best mining bond on the market.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 12:50:17 AM

+1

glub0x
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 06:06:37 PM

Especially after I bought some at <0.45 Tongue

Thanks, friedcat! You always find a way to positively surprise me again.. Smiley
+1
i took a few at 0.39 Smiley

thx for the picture btw.
+1

minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Btc4Domains
VIP

Activity: 99
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 06:01:21 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2012, 12:12:31 AM by Btc4Domains

I like that you back your own asset friedcat.
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:24:24 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2012, 06:19:29 AM by friedcat

7th Payment

Calculation time: July 25, 03:14:26 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: July 18, 04:17:09
  Ending at: July 25, 03:14:26
  Total time: 601037s

Hashrate of this week: 1.23696MH/s

coupon/share = (1.23696*10^6)/(2^32)*(601037*50/1,866,391.31)=0.0046373

Number of Shares: 5696

Total Payment: 26.4140608

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 05:47:43 PM

If you don't mind my asking, why did it come in 3 parts over the span of more than an hour? Not angry or anything, just curious.
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 03:14:54 AM

If you don't mind my asking, why did it come in 3 parts over the span of more than an hour? Not angry or anything, just curious.

I'm sorry. It's a sequence of payments initiated by a typo. Sad

The span is less than an hour (41-25=16 minutes in my record). The third payment is a (1 satoshi/share) payment to cover the rounding error. I hadn't noticed this difference until I recalled the satoshi-based integer representation of Bitcoin amounts in the GLBSE system 10 minutes later, therefore it's sixteen minutes instead of two.

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:21:07 PM

Oops. I read 2012-07-24 23:41:46 as 2012-07-24 24:41:46
In any case, I bought mo(o)re!
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 07:52:05 AM

Oops. I read 2012-07-24 23:41:46 as 2012-07-24 24:41:46
In any case, I bought mo(o)re!

Thanks.  Smiley And sorry again for the confusion brought.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 04:05:18 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2012, 02:59:07 AM by friedcat

8th Payment

Calculation time: August 1, 03:58:02 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: July 25, 03:14:26
  Ending at: July 30, 10:53:56
  Total time: 459570

Starting from: July 30, 10:53:56
  Ending at: August 1, 03:58:02
  Total time: 147846
  Difficulty: 2,036,671.09

Hashrate of this week: 1.24797MH/s

coupon/share = (1.24797*10^6)/(2^32)*(459570*50/1,866,391.31+147846*50/2,036,671.09)=0.0046320

Number of Shares: 5540

Total Payment: 25.66128

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 02:58:42 AM

9th Payment

Calculation time: August 8, 02:53:19 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: August 1, 03:58:02
  Ending at: August 8, 02:53:19
  Total time: 600917

Hashrate of this week: 1.25907MH/s

coupon/share = (1.25907*10^6)/(2^32)*(600917*50/2,036,671.09)=0.0043247

Number of Shares: 5153

Total Payment: 22.2851791

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 05:10:02 AM

10th Payment

Calculation time: August 15, 05:02:08 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: August 8, 02:53:19
  Ending at: August 12, 11:47:26
  Total time: 377647

Starting from: August 12, 11:47:26
  Ending at: August 15, 05:02:08
  Total time: 234882
  Difficulty: 2,190,865.97

Hashrate of this week: 1.27028MH/s

coupon/share = (1.27028*10^6)/(2^32)*(377647*50/2,036,671.09+234882*50/2,190,865.97)=0.0043275

Number of Shares: 5000

Total Payment: 21.6375

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 06:04:58 AM

11st Payment

Calculation time: August 22, 05:58:58 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: August 15, 05:02:08
  Ending at: August 22, 05:58:58
  Total time: 608210

Hashrate of this week: 1.28159MH/s

coupon/share = (1.28159*10^6)/(2^32)*(608210*50/2,190,865.97)=0.0041419

Number of Shares: 4968

Total Payment: 20.5769592

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 06:25:55 AM

12nd Payment

Calculation time: August 29, 06:14:34 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: August 22, 05:58:58
  Ending at: August 25 01:46:39
  Total time: 244061s

Starting from: August 25 01:46:39
  Ending at: August 29, 06:14:34
  Total time: 361675s
  Difficulty: 2,440,642.61

Hashrate of this week: 1.29299MH/s

coupon/share = (1.29299*10^6)/(2^32)*(244061*50/2,190,865.97+361675*50/2,440,642.61)=0.0039074

Number of Shares: 4851

Total Payment: 18.9547974

intel-core-i7

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:26:42 PM

this bond is awesome (cause of the auto-reinvesting part).
Thanks for the last dividend. Enjoy our lended money and make good use of it.

If you like what I do - donate : 1MWoRs6wKyJLLYm7gjrWeTcipCrCTneCRE
 | torchat: g7hzmvlpjygbiage
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 12:41:43 PM

Update

Tomorrow I will only have the internet access in the evening (Beijing time), so please expect about a 6-10 hours delay of coupon payment. Thanks.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 01:18:56 PM

13rd Payment

Calculation time: September 5, 13:05:22 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: August 29, 06:14:34
  Ending at: September 5, 13:05:22
  Total time: 629448s

Hashrate of this week: 1.30450MH/s

coupon/share = (1.30450*10^6)/(2^32)*(629448*50/2,440,642.61)=0.0039166

Number of Shares: 4048

Total Payment: 15.8543968

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 05:42:02 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2012, 07:32:39 AM by friedcat

14th Payment

Calculation time: September 12, 05:32:20 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: September 5, 13:05:22
  Ending at: September 6, 18:10:24
  Total time: 104702s

Starting from: September 6, 18:10:24
  Ending at: September 12, 05:32:20
  Total time: 472916s
  Difficulty: 2,694,047.95

Hashrate of this week: 1.31611MH/s

coupon/share = (1.31611*10^6)/(2^32)*(104702*50/2,440,642.61+472916*50/2,694,047.95)=0.0033468

Total Payment: 13.5478464

BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:46:57 AM

I think you meant "Hashrate of this week: 1.31611 MH/s", not 1.30450 MH/s, as the latter was last week's.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:35:43 AM

I think you meant "Hashrate of this week: 1.31611 MH/s", not 1.30450 MH/s, as the latter was last week's.
Thanks. Sorry for the typo. The calculation is indeed based on 1.31611 though. Smiley

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 11:53:54 AM

friedcat, how your predictions from page 1 hold up? Have you made any charts with actual historic data and superimposed the results on predictions?
If yes, can you post it?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
intel-core-i7

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 04:43:37 PM

naaaice, dividends . I like this bond. Friedcat can be trusted - after I've done my research.Thanks man.

If you like what I do - donate : 1MWoRs6wKyJLLYm7gjrWeTcipCrCTneCRE
 | torchat: g7hzmvlpjygbiage
nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 04:36:06 PM

friedcat, how does one go about selling the bonds back to you at 0.5?

(Yes, I only ask because there's a couple hundred selling under 0.5)
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 12:28:18 PM

friedcat, how does one go about selling the bonds back to you at 0.5?

(Yes, I only ask because there's a couple hundred selling under 0.5)
It is always valid. You could see it from the dividends record.

I have been doing the buying-back mainly via putting bidding walls. There was also a large buying back that's directly from me via GLBSE asset transferring.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 12:33:12 PM

friedcat, how your predictions from page 1 hold up? Have you made any charts with actual historic data and superimposed the results on predictions?
If yes, can you post it?
The actual results are closer to the very prediction of a persistent difficulty increasing. The data could be fetched from the dividends record in GLBSE.

However, we have boosted the hashrate/share once like a transition. We will do a much more dramatic upgrade of hashrate/share when the ASICMINER project succeeds. After that, MOORE may be used as a window for selling some of the hashing power of ASICMINER. It is also possible that the MOORE will be under the management of ASICMINER instead of me the individual. Smiley

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 01:19:37 PM

If yes, can you post it?
The actual results are closer to the very prediction of a persistent difficulty increasing. The data could be fetched from the dividends record in GLBSE.

However, we have boosted the hashrate/share once like a transition. We will do a much more dramatic upgrade of hashrate/share when the ASICMINER project succeeds. After that, MOORE may be used as a window for selling some of the hashing power of ASICMINER. It is also possible that the MOORE will be under the management of ASICMINER instead of me the individual. Smiley

How does ASIC mining differ in calculating how much the hashrate will rise each week ?

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 01:26:16 PM

How does ASIC mining differ in calculating how much the hashrate will rise each week ?
It will be done as the one before: when upgrade with ASICMINER, we directly push X weeks ahead, resulting in a jump of (1+0.89%)^X, then grow by 0.89% each week as usual.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 06:50:50 AM

15th Payment

Calculation time: September 19, 06:39:24 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: September 12, 05:32:20
  Ending at: September 19, 06:39:24
  Total time: 608824s

Hashrate of this week: 1.32782MH/s

coupon/share = (1.32782*10^6)/(2^32)*(608824*50/2,694,047.95)=0.0034933

Total Payment: 14.1408784

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 12:01:15 AM

It will be done as the one before: when upgrade with ASICMINER, we directly push X weeks ahead, resulting in a jump of (1+0.89%)^X, then grow by 0.89% each week as usual.

Whats X? Smiley

Maybe you can say a range where x will lie in? Or is it like it was with the liquid helium plan?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:30:27 AM

Whats X? Smiley

Maybe you can say a range where x will lie in? Or is it like it was with the liquid helium plan?
X will lie in the range to keep the price level at 0.5. It will probably a much bigger number than the original liquid helium plan's. If the exchange rate does not change, please expect the original estimation:

Therefore we have two choices now. One is to empower MOORE with my own ASIC project when it succeeds (estimated deploying time at October-November this year), the other is to buy BFL ASICs. In both cases I will continue to pay coupons and increase the hashrate steadily by 0.89% per week before suddenly pulling the hashrate up with the help of new mining rigs with a new execution of the new Liquid Helium plan.

The estimation of the first choice is about 200-300MH/(second*share).
The estimation of the second choice is about 50-100MH/(second*share).

Both are based on the current price level of Bitcoin. The 0.89% growth will still be maintained after the upgrade.

And if at that time, the market tells me the hashrate/share is too high, I will raise the price when selling more. If too low, I will push the hashrate higher.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 10:37:26 AM

16th Payment

Calculation time: September 26, 10:30:18 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: September 19, 06:39:24
  Ending at: September 19, 22:13:25
  Total time: 56041s

Starting from: September 19, 22:13:25
  Ending at: September 26, 10:30:18
  Total time: 562613s
  Difficulty: 2,864,140.50

Hashrate of this week: 1.33964MH/s

coupon/share = (1.33964*10^6)/(2^32)*(56041*50/2,694,047.95+562613*50/2,864,140.50)=0.0033879

Number of Shares: 3961

Total Payment: 13.4194719

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 09:13:22 AM

17th Payment

Calculation time: October 3, 09:04:10 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: September 26, 10:30:18
  Ending at: October 3, 01:17:01
  Total time: 571603s
  Difficulty: 2,864,140.50

Starting from: October 3, 01:17:01
  Ending at: October 3, 09:04:10
  Total time: 28029s
  Difficulty: 3,054,627.53

Hashrate of this week: 1.35156MH/s

coupon/share = (1.35156*10^6)/(2^32)*(571603*50/2,864,140.50+28029*50/3,054,627.53)=0.0032845

Number of Shares: 3958

Total Payment: 13.000051

Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 11:05:03 AM

What's the plan now that GLBSE has closed? 

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
greyhawk

Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 11:15:52 AM

It's a secret.
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 11:38:26 AM

What's the plan now that GLBSE has closed? 

The shareholder data will be transferred and maintained as soon as we get it from GLBSE.

Before the things settle down, all coupons will be (linearly) accumulated.

Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 11:50:20 AM

Thanks for the update.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 10:54:58 AM

18th Week's Coupon Pre-Calculation

Calculation time: October 10, 10:51:06 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: October 3, 09:04:10
  Ending at: October 10, 10:51:06
  Total time: 611216s

Hashrate of this week: 1.36359

coupon/share = (1.36359*10^6)/(2^32)*(611216*50/3,054,627.53)=0.0031764

Total Payment: 12.5721912

(The payment will be linearly accumulated till we are able to pay)

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 10:59:30 AM

Thanks friedcat. Ive got a few shares locked up in  glbse  Sad

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 04:48:40 AM

Update

In case of the possibility we could not receive the shareholders data, we begin collecting the claims ourselves.

Please send to (fnnirvana@gmail.com) your number of shares and your Bitcoin address for receiving dividends. Please annotate that they are MOORE shares to avoid confusion with ASICMINER or MU shares. You could accompany them with any evidence you think is OK to provide. It is highly recommended that you use an address that you have its private key. By that, you may enjoy more facilities provided by our future automatic migrating platform.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 11:25:44 AM

19th Week's Coupon Pre-Calculation

Calculation time: October 17, 11:18:23 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: October 10, 10:51:06
  Ending at: October 16, 16 22:56:08
  Total time: 561902s

Starting from: October 16, 16 22:56:08
  Ending at: October 17, 11:18:23
  Total time: 44535s
  Difficulty: 3,072,321.73

Hashrate of this week: 1.37573

coupon/share = (1.37573*10^6)/(2^32)*(561902*50/3,054,627.53+44535*50/3,072,321.73)=0.0031782

Total Payment: 12.5721912 (last accumulated) + 12.5793156 (this week) = 25.1515068

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 12:19:27 PM

20th Week's Coupon Pre-Calculation

Calculation time: October 24, 12:15:35 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: October 17, 11:18:23
  Ending at: October 24, 12:15:35
  Total time: 608232s

Hashrate of this week: 1.38797

coupon/share = (1.38797*10^6)/(2^32)*(608232*50/3,072,321.73)=0.0031988

Total Payment: 25.1515068 (last accumulated) + 12.6608504 (this week) = 37.8123572

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 11:07:51 AM

21st Week's Coupon Pre-Calculation

Calculation time: October 31, 11:00:08 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: October 24, 12:15:35
  Ending at: October 29, 23:20:30
  Total time: 471895s

Starting from: October 29, 23:20:30
  Ending at: October 31, 11:00:08
  Total time: 128378s
  Difficulty: 3,304,356.39

Hashrate of this week: 1.40032

coupon/share = (1.40032*10^6)/(2^32)*(471895*50/3,072,321.73+128378*50/3,304,356.39)=0.0031372

Total Payment: 37.8123572 (last accumulated) + 12.4170376 (this week) = 50.2293948

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 10:44:40 AM

22nd Week's Coupon Pre-Calculation

Calculation time: November 7, 10:40:22 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: October 31, 11:00:08
  Ending at: November 7, 10:40:22
  Total time: 603614s

Hashrate of this week: 1.41279

coupon/share = (1.41279*10^6)/(2^32)*(603614*50/3,304,356.39)=0.0030044

Total Payment: 50.2293948 (last accumulated) + 11.8914152 (this week) = 62.12081

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 10:53:01 AM

Update

To any shareholders who haven't made claims yet, please report your shares to
(fnnirvana@gmail.com) with your e-mail address, your number of shares, and your
Bitcoin address.

The collection of claims could not last forever. We would in principle stop collecting
claims on forum time 23:59:59, Nov. 18th. Any claims after that should come with
very solid proof.

If you have friends or known people who don't visit this forum often, please do us
a favor to tell notify them.

And please keep in mind that this is only a backup plan on the event that GLBSE fails
to give any data.

jackmaninov

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 11:10:47 AM

Do you have any advice to shareholders that are unsure of how many shares they owned at the time the GLBSE stopped providing any data? I unfortunately didn't have an up-to-date copy of my CSV file when they went down Sad
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 04:04:43 PM

Do you have any advice to shareholders that are unsure of how many shares they owned at the time the GLBSE stopped providing any data? I unfortunately didn't have an up-to-date copy of my CSV file when they went down Sad

Same here, I have no Idea how many share I had. I didn't keep much attention to it, just occasionally bought some when they where cheap. What should I claim? A random number that looks nice? The only thing I know is that I had (have?) shares.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 04:54:07 AM

Same here, I have no Idea how many share I had. I didn't keep much attention to it, just occasionally bought some when they where cheap. What should I claim? A random number that looks nice? The only thing I know is that I had (have?) shares.
Please claim a number that is closest to your memory if no other way works. Without real GLBSE data, we don't have many choices.

Again this is a backup plan for emergency and we don't expect the possibility of us getting no data from GLBSE to be high.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 10:50:06 AM

Update

To any shareholders who haven't made claims yet, please report your shares to
(fnnirvana@gmail.com) with your e-mail address, your number of shares, and your
Bitcoin address.

The collection of claims could not last forever. We would in principle stop collecting
claims on forum time 23:59:59, Nov. 18th. Any claims after that should come with
very solid proof.

If you have friends or known people who don't visit this forum often, please do us
a favor to tell notify them.

And please keep in mind that this is only a backup plan on the event that GLBSE fails
to give any data.
This is a remind that the normal claim process will expire on forum time 23:59:59, Nov. 18th.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 05:51:00 AM

23rd Week's Coupon Pre-Calculation

Calculation time: November 15, 04:57:47 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: November 7, 10:40:22
  Ending at: November 12, 17:51:11
  Total time: 457849s

Starting from: November 12, 17:51:11
  Ending at: November 15, 04:57:47
  Total time: 212796s
  Difficulty: 3,368,767.14

Hashrate of this week: 1.42536

coupon/share = (1.42536*10^6)/(2^32)*(457849*50/3,304,356.39+212796*50/3,368,767.14)=0.0033473

Total Payment: 62.12081 (last accumulated) + 13.2486134 (this week) = 75.3694234

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 11:10:33 PM

Could you set this up again on btct.co ?

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 07:06:46 AM

24th and 25th Week's Coupon Pre-Calculation

Calculation time: November 28, 06:57:22 forum time

Time interval:

Starting from: November 15, 04:57:47
  Ending at: November 26, 11:08:37
  Total time: 972650s
  Difficulty: 3,368,767.14

Starting from: November 26, 11:08:37
  Ending at: November 28, 06:57:22
  Total time: 157725s
  Difficulty: 3,438,908.96

Hashrate of this week: 1.43805

coupon/share = (1.43805*10^6)/(2^32)*(972650*50/3,368,767.14+157725*50/3,438,908.96)=0.0056014

Total Payment: 75.3694234 (last accumulated) + 22.1703412 (recent two weeks) = 97.5397646

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 07:28:48 AM

Update

We will set MOORE up again with MU and ASICMINER. We will decide which one to switch when the shareholder data
is more or less fixed. With our own collection of shareholder information, we have only collected 1,295 shares out of the
total 3,958 shares in circulation. So we would like to wait for the information from GLBSE and come up with a more complete
set.

Here is the recent update from GLBSE:
Nov 25 / 12:00pm
More lists coming out tomorrow
by James McCarthy

I'll be sending out updated lists by tomorrow afternoon.

Ther will also be some new lists sent out for some issuers.

Got a lot of email over the weekend, if I've not replied please bear with me, I'm a bit snowed under.

He already gave out a couple of lists worth some days. Taking out the last weekend he isnt way too behind his plans. I hope its this way... at least he is still in contact.
Nefario is not in contact as usual, but one of his friends is. We got the information of "I think he has released most of the major stock classes funds" today, but haven't received anything in our mailbox. We have checked again with our account name provided and are waiting for responses.

The upgrade plan still holds. The shares will be upgraded no matter our ASICMINER succeeds soon or not. But the upgraded hash/share will depend on whether we use our own hardware or other vendors.

burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 04:28:58 AM

+1
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 05:43:14 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2012, 06:35:45 AM by friedcat

+1
We will set it up on another platform, but not necessarily btct.co.

And before that, I will first make the accumulated payment as soon as I finish comparing and confirming the
GLBSE data with the user claims, of which both are incomplete.

Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 06:12:02 AM

+1

+1

I welcome some friendly competition Wink

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 05:53:41 AM

Update

This is a quick update indicating that:

1. Confirmation mails have been sent to all shareholders who have different Bitcoin addresses claimed to GLBSE and to us.
2. All newly generated coupons are still accumulated into the first big payment when 2 is done.

More updates will be given soon.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 06:53:46 AM

Update

Sorry for a long period before last update but the ASICMINER project has taken most of the time and energy. The confirmations are nearly all-collected. The weekly payment of coupons will resume in 16th, Jan. 2013 in forum time.

As planned, the second time of rising the hashrate in each share will start at some time after the ASICMINER project succeeds its first deploying of hashpower.

In the long run, MOORE will be used either a mechanism of selling hashrates of ASICMINER, or stay as my personal contract to shareholders. Both are possible, but the decision is not at a highest priority in our short-term plan.

jackmaninov

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 04:21:55 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2013, 09:49:05 AM by jackmaninov

Just a question: Will shareholders that are on the GLBSE claim list but didn't submit a private claim to you (as I really have no recollection of how many shares I owned) be eligible for further ownership of MOORE?
glub0x
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 11:19:54 AM

So it's been a while i didn't think of moore, is there any significant improvment on the recovering process of your shares?

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 12:58:31 PM

Just a question: Will shareholders that are on the GLBSE claim list but didn't submit a private claim to you (as I really have no recollection of how many shares I owned) be eligible for further ownership of MOORE?

Of course. Just like ASICMINER, the GLBSE data finally added up to the original sum of share number, so it would be the basis of the calculation.

Monster Tent

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 10:05:33 PM

This is just a warning. You are headed for a scammer thread if this asset isnt relisted on another exchange and all back dividends paid to the asset holders soon. Just because ASICMINER is getting all the attention doesnt mean you can scam the holders of other assets you issued.

You have been given the asset holder lists and theres plenty of other exchanges available that let you easily import the lists so you might want to deal with it the sooner the better if you want to avoid a tag.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 02:52:51 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2013, 03:13:04 AM by friedcat

This is just a warning. You are headed for a scammer thread if this asset isnt relisted on another exchange and all back dividends paid to the asset holders soon. Just because ASICMINER is getting all the attention doesnt mean you can scam the holders of other assets you issued.

You have been given the asset holder lists and theres plenty of other exchanges available that let you easily import the lists so you might want to deal with it the sooner the better if you want to avoid a tag.
The resuming of payment already started in the last week (2013-01-17 11:30:39). This is the first one, with all accumulated coupons (0.0366847BTC per share):
https://blockchain.info/tx/28f804a3d97298d413575712cb5413c07b098813e1f5f90ec1c8dd941dce47ab
here is the test payment that is 1 satoshi per transaction before the real payment:
https://blockchain.info/tx/29b1864321a918bc7b8c5d243f095a4fe8e1572db2a2e6786b98c802712638ec
The total number is 2754-26=2728. With the two different shareholders with 26 shares in total. Their GLBSE data only holds e-mail address and share number. We haven't successfully contacted yet for addresses.

The difference between 3958 and 2728 is our bought-back shares with another account before GLBSE shut down.

As an overdue fine, the hashrate per share in all weeks is also increased to the last week's instead gradually increasing per week.

The receiving addresses are based on the GLBSE data, with ~10 changed to the e-mail I received as confirmation of preferring the address claimed to us.

The re-listing will be done at the same time of ASICMINER's. And of course before that, weekly coupons are already stated paying, so they will be paid like the transaction like the above transactions.

Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 02:35:36 PM

I can confirm I received my dividends from MOORE.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 03:48:11 PM

I can confirm I received my dividends from MOORE.
Also got mine.  Thanks!

Jimmy2011

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 01:40:40 PM

I just sent an email to Friedcat to claim my shares, if it is possible. Sorry for my late claim.

The resuming of payment already started in the last week (2013-01-17 11:30:39). This is the first one, with all accumulated coupons (0.0366847BTC per share):
https://blockchain.info/tx/28f804a3d97298d413575712cb5413c07b098813e1f5f90ec1c8dd941dce47ab
here is the test payment that is 1 satoshi per transaction before the real payment:
https://blockchain.info/tx/29b1864321a918bc7b8c5d243f095a4fe8e1572db2a2e6786b98c802712638ec
The total number is 2754-26=2728. With the two different shareholders with 26 shares in total. Their GLBSE data only holds e-mail address and share number. We haven't successfully contacted yet for addresses.

The difference between 3958 and 2728 is our bought-back shares with another account before GLBSE shut down.

As an overdue fine, the hashrate per share in all weeks is also increased to the last week's instead gradually increasing per week.

The receiving addresses are based on the GLBSE data, with ~10 changed to the e-mail I received as confirmation of preferring the address claimed to us.

The re-listing will be done at the same time of ASICMINER's. And of course before that, weekly coupons are already stated paying, so they will be paid like the transaction like the above transactions.

DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 05:57:28 AM

Troll much? friedcat has already made it clear hes setting up a private exchange to handle all of his assets, including MOORE and ASICMINER. He no longer trusts any exchange enough to handle his assets.

Jimmy2011

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 09:15:46 AM

My dividends from MOORE were confirmed.
Friedcat's work are appreciated.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 08:13:32 PM

Where are things with MOORE these days?

I don't think I've seen a MOORE div in a while?

Cheers.
rdponticelli

Activity: 325

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:40:33 PM

MOORE dividends are been paid periodically. They're just not posted in the thread.

BTW. If anybody wants to sell some, shoot me a PM.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 12:13:56 AM

MOORE dividends are been paid periodically. They're just not posted in the thread.

Ahhh, ok.  I need to go back through my records I think and figure out what address I gave Friedcat. Wink
PinkBatman

Activity: 267

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:25:31 AM

So what is our effective hashrate per share now?
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 02:31:59 AM

So what is our effective hashrate per share now?

Approximately two and a half watermelons.

nebulus

Activity: 490

... it only gets better...

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:06:11 AM

Lol

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:40:43 AM

Ahhh, ok.  I need to go back through my records I think and figure out what address I gave Friedcat. Wink

Most recent divs: https://blockchain.info/tx/871d40b58d61cebf685b7273a55847552fcbebcf68fe6ce65a4a8e503bc179e9

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 04:55:54 AM

Most recent divs: https://blockchain.info/tx/871d40b58d61cebf685b7273a55847552fcbebcf68fe6ce65a4a8e503bc179e9

I found 'em!  Thanks Newar, that helped me figure out where to look.  Wink
Newar
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 10:54:44 AM

Was there a double dividend?

Date: 7/28/13 10:56
To: 1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (own address, label: MOORE)
Credit: 0.01229473 BTC
Net amount: +0.01229473 BTC
Transaction ID: d7c6d0f4b72d16494684f6f11d7a5a651b51709136920e4fa2c2bbd2b4f52e66

Date: 7/28/13 11:15
To: 1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (own address, label: MOORE)
Credit: 0.01229473 BTC
Net amount: +0.01229473 BTC
Transaction ID: c1e56517ae6b0d20ba7dc10554eb5764b76ccedf3bcdc8a9b094939c82f3ef1f

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:53:29 PM

Looking to sell 774 MOORE shares.
//DeaDTerra
zapeta

Activity: 180

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:18:25 AM

Looking to sell 774 MOORE shares.
//DeaDTerra

Good luck.  I figure they're basically worthless except for the small trickle of dividends that roll in.
jackmaninov

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:51:19 AM

I haven't seen any MOORE dividends in quite some time. Does anyone know if this business is still alive or dead?
Newar
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:53:24 AM

I haven't seen any MOORE dividends in quite some time. Does anyone know if this business is still alive or dead?

I was wondering too. Looking at the payout history it seems the intervals got longer and longer. Maybe this is to allow for "more substantial amounts" to build up. friedcat is still around, but presumably "busy".

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=49840;sa=showPosts

jackmaninov

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:16:01 PM

It would be nice if there was something official posted about MOORE being discontinued...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: