Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:15:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MOORE: Mining Bond Beating the Moore's Law (Collecting Shareholder Data)  (Read 19075 times)
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 12:19:57 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2012, 05:53:09 AM by friedcat

Believe me, there has not been anything like this in the Bitcoin world yet.

I'm relatively active between 1:00AM to 3:00PM of forum time each day. Contacting me within this time interval could get quicker responses.

Announcement

In case of the possibility we could not receive the shareholders data, we begin collecting the claims ourselves.

Please send to (fnnirvana@gmail.com) your number of shares and your Bitcoin address for receiving dividends. Please annotate that they are MOORE shares to avoid confusion with ASICMINER or MU shares. You could accompany them with any evidence you think is OK to provide. It is highly recommended that you use an address that you have its private key. By that, you may enjoy more facilities provided by our future automatic migrating platform.

The Liquid Helium Plan

If a catastrophe comes, we can save ourselves by soaking our body with liquid helium, and wake up in a brighter future.

To cope with the panic of mining bonds, I've decided to freeze the entire earth. Now it's already 17 weeks later. You don't feel anything, but it's indeed 17 weeks later. I can feel the soft and cool breeze of the late autumn, can't you? Cheesy

Anyway our contract has to be accurately executed. So I have no choice but to re-calculate our hashrate from 1.03608 to 1.19388.

The similar plan will be launched in the future if similar disaster happens.

First launch: 17 weeks, 1.03608MH/s to 1.19388MH/s.

IPO and Bulk Purchase

You could buy shares of MOORE from GLBSE's open market: https://glbse.com/asset/view/MOORE, or you could do a bulk purchase directly from me.

Shares Left for Bulk Purchase: 0/9000

The price of IPO is set at 0.50 BTC/s.

The price of bulk purchase is set at 0.45 BTC/s(10.00% discount), but each trade has to involve larger than 500 shares(225 BTC). Please PM me for trades, and find witnesses/make records on replies if necessary.

Thanks to everyone who's interested. Smiley

Rolling display of the hashrate in next 5 weeks, updated each week
Payment date                   Hashrate(MH/s)
November 20                       1.43805
November 27                       1.45085
December 4                        1.46376
December 11                       1.47679
December 18                       1.48993

Brief Introduction
Moore is a perpetual mining bond. Each bond represents 1MH/s of hashrate from the start. What makes our bond different, is that the hashrate grows by 0.89% each week, which means that your hashrate will be doubled every 18 months. If you take the current other perpetual mining bonds as financial derivatives of the pro-payment model of normal mining stocks, then our bond is closest to the pro-reinvestment model of normal mining stocks.

Advantages
1. Compared to other mining bonds, the future price of Moore is less likely to drop.
2. We are essentially doing reinvestment job for you, saving you from the hassle of low liquidity, choice of new hardware, identifying good mining securities, etc.

Disadvantages
1. The initial price will be determined at a somehow high level.
2. Normal perpetual mining bonds will likely to become fungible, so you can easily figure out if a bond is mispriced by comparing it to others. But for Moore, it is not that easy to do a reasonable accurate valuation.

Risk Control
1. Initially, Moore will be backed by the bond issuer's current hardware and other mining equities.
2. More real hardware will gradually dominate the portfolio which backs Moore.
3. The bond issuer has the right to degenerate Moore into a normal mining bond by multiplying its hashrate at that time and 1.6. For example, after three years, each bond represents 4MH/s, if the issuer decides to degenerate it, it turns to a normal mining bond, which loses the power to grow 0.89% per week, but instantly becomes 6.4MH/s and doesn't change anymore.
4. The bond issuer has the right to buy Moore back at 105% of the weighted average market price of the last 5 days.
5. The bond issuer has the right to determine the price when he releases new bonds to the market.

Coupon Calculation
Definitions
Financial Week: Starting from 16:00:00(GMT Time) each Tuesday, ending at 16:00:00(GMT Time) the succeeding Tuesday.

Coupon Unit: The quantity of Bitcoins paid each share each financial week.

Payment Time
We assume T(0) is the IPO starting time, T(i) is the time of i-th coupon payment, and it should satisfy:

16:00:00(GMT Time) Tuesday of the i-th financial week <= T(i) < 16:00:00(GMT Time) Wednesday of the i-th financial week

The substraction on T(i) is defined in seconds, which means that (T(i)-T(i-1)) represents "how many seconds elapse between T(i) and T(i-1)".

Amount of Payments
The coupon unit of the i-th financial week is:

10^6 * (1.0089)^(i-1) * f(i) / 2^32

in which f(i) is calculated as follows:
  f(i) = (t(1)-t(0))*B(0)/D(0) + ... + (t(n)-t(n-1))*B(n-1)/D(n-1)
     where:
        the number of the changes of difficulty and block reward between T(i-1) and T(i) is (n-1).
        t(0) equals to T(i-1).
        t(j) (when 0<j<n and n>1) means the time of the j-th change of either the difficulty or the block reward during T(i-1) and T(i).
        t(n) equals to T(i).
        B(j) means the last block reward before t(j+1).
        D(j) means the last difficulty number before t(j+1).
        The substraction on t(j) is also defined in seconds.

Estimated Returns vs Normal Mining Bonds

Normal Mining Bonds are assumed to have a price of 0.3BTC/share, plotted in blue.
Moore Bonds are assumed to have a price of 0.48BTC/share, plotted in red.

X-axis is the number of weeks, Y-axis is the expected total return rate from coupons.

The difficulty is set at 1,733,208.
The date when block reward reduces to 25 is set at 30 weeks later.

The first picture assumes that the difficulty does not change:

The second picture assumes that when the block rewards turns to 25, the difficulty also turns to a half, as some miners will close their operations:

The third picture assumes that the difficulty also always smoothly increases by 0.89% according to the Moore's Law:

The forth picture assumes the same as the third one, except that when the block rewards turns to 25, the difficulty also turns to a half, as some miners will close their operations:

(reserved)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2012, 04:14:14 PM

When will you start offering them? I don't see them on GLBSE yet.
Dividend Calculation
The formula of the dividends per share per week is:

R*(86400*7*B*10^6)/(D*2^32)

in which:
  R is the hashrate of that week, which starts with 1, and grows by 0.89% each week.
  B is the block reward, which is 50 now, and will become 25 in the next 4 years.
  D is the difficulty of that week.

Which is the difficulty of that week? The difficulty at the start of that week, or at the end? Same goes for B.

Wouldn't it be better to calculate the dividend the way Puremining does, so that neither difficulty nor B can affect it? I like the look of these bonds, but would prefer dividends based on numbers of blocks solved rather than weeks.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 06:22:56 PM

If it doesn't follow Moore's law, shouldn't it be called NOT-MOORE? Grin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 06:26:49 PM

Tongue

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 06:32:20 PM

interesting... what's the timeline for ipo?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 07:44:33 PM

NO.MOORE Smiley

(BFL)^2 < 0
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 09:07:40 PM

NO.MOORE Smiley

Yes.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 03:05:04 AM

Quite interested, depending on initial sale price.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 07:41:33 AM

When will you start offering them? I don't see them on GLBSE yet.

I've already created the asset with the date set as "3 days from now", but it doesn't show on the IPO page. Don't know if it's a feature of GLBSE or there's something I didn't do it right.

Which is the difficulty of that week? The difficulty at the start of that week, or at the end? Same goes for B.

It means the start of that (financial) week. That is, each payment on Wednesday will be calculated using the difficulty and block reward of last Wednesday.

Wouldn't it be better to calculate the dividend the way Puremining does, so that neither difficulty nor B can affect it? I like the look of these bonds, but would prefer dividends based on numbers of blocks solved rather than weeks.

We will surely consider, thanks for your advice.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 08:00:46 AM

Are growth percentages (the 0.89%) compounded or not? Meaning: after 100 weeks, is the hash rate per bond 1.89 or higher?

Also 100 (percent) / 2 * 52 (weeks) != 0.89%... How did you come up with that number should you not plan to compound interest?

Disadvantage 2 is easy, just think how long you want to hold a bond and then calculate how many hashes it would solve in that timeframe. I could try to put up a calculator/spreadsheet for that... Something along the lines of "I want to hold bond A or MOORE for X weeks - how long do I need to hold MOORE to be chaper per hashes solved than bond A?"

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
kronosvl

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 10:02:22 AM

I guess on week x it will be 1.0089^x (or 1.0089^(x-1)) something like that
as for the 0.89% I think is 2^(1/(365*1.5))-1 for 1 day or (2^(1/(365*1.5)))^7-1 for 1 week

Donations are accepted @: 19Uk8zVhdgfrRo5Z6wH9yghWxZUtdiNtX9
OTC: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewgpg.php?nick=kronosvl
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 10:03:38 AM

Are growth percentages (the 0.89%) compounded or not? Meaning: after 100 weeks, is the hash rate per bond 1.89 or higher?

Also 100 (percent) / 2 * 52 (weeks) != 0.89%... How did you come up with that number should you not plan to compound interest?

It is compounded. Or it would have a chance to beat the Moore's Law, which itself implies exponential growth.

After 18 months, that is 1.5 year:
(1+0.89%)^(1.5*365/7)=1.99976, which is very close to 2.

After 100 weeks:
(1+0.89%)^100=2.43556.

Disadvantage 2 is easy, just think how long you want to hold a bond and then calculate how many hashes it would solve in that timeframe. I could try to put up a calculator/spreadsheet for that... Something along the lines of "I want to hold bond A or MOORE for X weeks - how long do I need to hold MOORE to be chaper per hashes solved than bond A?"

This is the easy part. The hard part is "how long you want to hold a bond", which is not pre-determined, but deeply affected by tons of other conditions, including the pricing of bonds themselves.

Thanks very much.

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 02:06:15 PM

Well, as I said, you can also calculate how long it would take to be more profitable if you buy 1 MH/s MOORE right now at 0.50 BTC compared to 1 MH/s stable for 0.30 BTC...

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 11:34:24 AM

Well, as I said, you can also calculate how long it would take to be more profitable if you buy 1 MH/s MOORE right now at 0.50 BTC compared to 1 MH/s stable for 0.30 BTC...

What I was suggesting is that the pros and cons of our bonds, compared to normal ones, are multi-dimensional. Some will prefer growth, and some will prefer more immediate returns so they could use it elsewhere. The difficulty/price uncertainty of the future further complicates the choice.

But you are right. We could make the calculation to give buyers more indication. "How much time it would take to be more profitable" would make a good indicator, and I believe so as "How long it will break even" and "How long the total dividends will exceed 10x of normal mining bonds", etc.

Thank you very much.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 11:35:44 AM

Update

The asset is in verification. I made the contract more detailed and submitted again. I hope it will be listed on the IPO page soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 12:19:54 PM

But you are right. We could make the calculation to give buyers more indication. "How much time it would take to be more profitable" would make a good indicator, and I believe so as "How long it will break even" and "How long the total dividends will exceed 10x of normal mining bonds", etc.

"How long until it will have solved more virtual hashes per BTC invested than a cheaper static 1 MH/s contract" is calculable. Not perfectly, as you have a weird payout scheme/calculation, but it should be close.
"How long until your investment is gained as dividends" not, as it depends on difficulty
"How long until you will have gained 10x the dividends of a static bond" is not calculable as well, as this also depends on difficulty.

An ideal case for buying this bond here would be a strong difficulty increase in the beginning and then, after you passed the hashes per BTC invested of 1 MH/s bonds, a decline or at least slow increase in difficulty again. Also you should take into account when buying this on which weekdays difficulty increases can be expected, unless the payout calculation gets closer to the real expected values.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 02:46:56 AM

Update

MOORE is already listed on the IPO page of GLBSE.

The number of shares for selling, the IPO price, and the price for bulk purchase are to be determined.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 03:34:10 AM

"How long until your investment is gained as dividends" not, as it depends on difficulty
"How long until you will have gained 10x the dividends of a static bond" is not calculable as well, as this also depends on difficulty.

Yes, they only make sense when we pre-make an assumption on future difficulty evolution.

unless the payout calculation gets closer to the real expected values.

It seems you are concerned with my dividends calculation formula, and some other people too.
Would it be better to change it to:
R*(N*600*B*10^6)/(D*2^32)
in which R, B and D keep the original meaning, and N means the number of actual blocks between the time of two payments?

Thank you very much.

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 08:42:59 AM

Not at all, as this means you pay out more on rounds where difficulty is on the rise (average time between blocks is less than 600 seconds) and less if it is going down (slower than 1 block every 10 minutes).

Just pay the expected 100% PPS rate:

Sum of ( (Hash rate * Time in seconds of difficulty 1 * block reward 1) / (difficulty 1 * 2^32) + (Hash rate * Time in seconds of difficulty 2 * block reward 2) / (difficulty 2 * 2^32) + ... )

The time in seconds either starts at the beginning of the week or at the last block of the old difficulty and ends at the last second of the week or at the last block of the current difficulty.

Example:

Hashrate of the network explodes, difficulties are 1, 4 and 16, 2 difficulty changes after 3 days, 0:00 (timestamp of last block with difficulty 1) and 2 days later 0:00 (timestamp of last block with difficulty 4)and another time on the last second of the week, hashrate of the bond = 1 MH/s:

( ( 1*10^6 H/s * 259200 s * 50 BTC) / (1 * 2^32) ) + ( ( 1*10^6 H/s * 172800 s * 50 BTC) / (4 * 2^32) ) + ( ( 1*10^6 H/s * 172800 s * 50 BTC) / (16 * 2^32) ) = 3 646.12788 BTC (1 MH/s was a lot in the beginning of a bitcoin block chain!)

With your old calculation (R*(86400*7*B*10^6)/(D*2^32)):
( 1 * 86400 * 7 * 50 * 10^6 ) / ( 1 * 2^32 ) = 7 040.79866 BTC

or the updated one (R*(N*600*B*10^6)/(D*2^32)):
( 1 * 6048 (= 3 times 2016 blocks) * 600 * 50 * 10^6 ) / ( 1 * 2^32 ) = 42 244.792 BTC

Yes, the examples are highly exaggerated, but you still see that you clearly will pay out too much (in extreme cases far too much!) if difficulty rises. As you increase your hash rate per your calculations as well, you'll increase that effect too. On the other hand, if difficulty goes down, you underpay or get closer to the real PPS values.

Feel free to pay out on your flawed simplified model, but if a little bit of math is already too difficult to do, it makes me wonder if you're up to the task of handling a mining operation that has to double it's size consistently every 1.5 years...

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 10:31:44 AM

Just pay the expected 100% PPS rate:

Sum of ( (Hash rate * Time in seconds of difficulty 1 * block reward 1) / (difficulty 1 * 2^32) + (Hash rate * Time in seconds of difficulty 2 * block reward 2) / (difficulty 2 * 2^32) + ... )

The time in seconds either starts at the beginning of the week or at the last block of the old difficulty and ends at the last second of the week or at the last block of the current difficulty.

This matches real mining process most accurately. Thanks for figuring out for me. I think I fell into the pitfall of assuming that the difficulty change will always be mild so that I chose the over-simplified model. You are right. Extreme cases should be taken into account.

Feel free to pay out on your flawed simplified model, but if a little bit of math is already too difficult to do, it makes me wonder if you're up to the task of handling a mining operation that has to double it's size consistently every 1.5 years...

Thanks for your criticism. I won't "feel free". I will do my best to revise my plan. I'm sorry for the informality and flaws of the OP, and will make a more detailed appendix to it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: