Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:06:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: at wits end - illegal, unwelcome person living on property. how to remove?  (Read 1786 times)
(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:59:22 AM

Lol. She had a warrant out for violating her parole! Didn't know that... But the cops did! I called 911 and told them what was going on, mentioned I was worried she would get shot, they came and took her away in cuffs. Well, zip ties.

I am overjoyed right now. Thanks for talking me through guys.

Well done. Glad to hear it.  Smiley

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:02:31 AM

Was going to suggest on doing a background check if she has a problem with the law, but apparently the cops beat me to it. Wink
arklan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:03:23 AM

Lol. She had a warrant out for violating her parole! Didn't know that... But the cops did! I called 911 and told them what was going on, mentioned I was worried she would get shot, they came and took her away in cuffs. Well, zip ties.

I am overjoyed right now. Thanks for talking me through guys.

you should have given her a copy of Satoshi's whitepaper and told her "you'll have plenty of time to study this where you're going."

Sadly I didn't see them. Gf's dad did, though.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:39:46 AM

buy a tank or some other armoured vehicle which you can drag stuff around really easily with, attach it to the trailer in the middle of the night when they aren't around and drag it out to some deserted wasteland out in the middle of nowhere, they'll get the message, seriously, that's what I'd do, they've invaded your home, the parents are clearly being taken advantage of because they wouldn't be able to fight back easily.

We hear about this kind of shit a lot in the UK and if isn't that we're dealing with it's obnoxious neighbours who just don't care about how loud they are.

>buy a tank or some other armoured vehicle

Reminder that we're talking about real life here, not some bitcoin fantasy land.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 03:41:16 AM

buy a tank or some other armoured vehicle which you can drag stuff around really easily with, attach it to the trailer in the middle of the night when they aren't around and drag it out to some deserted wasteland out in the middle of nowhere, they'll get the message, seriously, that's what I'd do, they've invaded your home, the parents are clearly being taken advantage of because they wouldn't be able to fight back easily.

We hear about this kind of shit a lot in the UK and if isn't that we're dealing with it's obnoxious neighbours who just don't care about how loud they are.

Reminder that we're talking about real life here, not some bitcoin fantasy land.

You can get ones that are pretty damn cheap actually for what they are and the weirdest part is it's totally legal, even in my country just as long as they're deactivated, so they hate guns but they're totally okay with me driving around in an armoured monstrosity that could demolish a block of flats in a few minutes lol.
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:42:35 AM

You can get ones that are pretty damn cheap actually for what they are and the weirdest part is it's totally legal, even in my country just as long as they're deactivated, so they hate guns but they're totally okay with me driving around in an armoured monstrosity that could demolish a block of flats in a few minutes lol.

Actually that sounds pretty dope. Can you post pics or a vid or something of your tank?
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 03:46:46 AM

Actually that sounds pretty dope. Can you post pics or a vid or something of your tank?

I don't have one yet Sad I know places where you can get them though, if I make a chunk of money I'm probably going to get one, but a nice computer comes first Tongue

http://www.mortarinvestments.eu/#currency=USD

http://www.mod-sales.com/

The joke is in my country because these are 'collectibles' the insurance is supposed to be cheaper on them, much cheaper, so it would be easier for me to have one of these things than a bloody hatchback, bureaucrats and politicians really are a bunch of morons, I think in the US the laws are a bit tighter but the basic rule just seems to be that you need to declare you imported them so they know about it, it's all surplus stuff and some of it's from the cold war so it's just lying around not being sold because they never had to use any of it against the Russians.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:51:51 AM

yet another reason i feel like i live in the wrong country... mmm. tanks.

b!z
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:53:37 AM

I don't have one yet Sad I know places where you can get them though, if I make a chunk of money I'm probably going to get one, but a nice computer comes first Tongue

http://www.mortarinvestments.eu/#currency=USD

http://www.mod-sales.com/

The joke is in my country because these are 'collectibles' the insurance is supposed to be cheaper on them, much cheaper, so it would be easier for me to have one of these things than a bloody hatchback, bureaucrats and politicians really are a bunch of morons, I think in the US the laws are a bit tighter but the basic rule just seems to be that you need to declare you imported them so they know about it, it's all surplus stuff and some of it's from the cold war so it's just lying around not being sold because they never had to use any of it against the Russians.

Thanks man, but they don't look too cheap unless I'm looking at the wrong page? I see this which seems to be the cheapest tank at $17 812, but apparently one would have to buy a transporter thing which starts at $8 350, and there are probably other costs too. The most practical solution in OP's case would probably just be to get a lawyer. But yeah, it'd be seriously cool to take one of these bad boys for a ride.

What country were you in again by the way?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 03:54:29 AM

so, i live with my fiance and her parents. we all get along just fine. their son lives on the property they own, in a trailer. he brought in someone i can best describe as his gf and she's been living there. in short, she's trash. drugs, actively involved in crime, threats of violence against us, etc. he's no peach either, but that's for later.

no lease agreement, verbal or written exists. no permission was given. she's been verbally told to get the fuck out multiple times, but refuses to do so.

my future in laws just went to a justice of the pease earlier today to try to file for eviction, but were shut down. something to do with the lack of lease. i don't know the details as they aren't home yet.

to put it lightly, my fiance is in tears, her mother - who's hand two heart attacks and survived cancer - is on the verge of physically puking she's so stressed and we're afraid she's gonna drop dead for all this.

anyone got any ideas? all i can think to do is to get her folks to declare me their agent, as they own the land but are both well into their 60's and aren't really able to handle this shit, and then deal with her myself, violently if i must. not that i want to hurt her or anything, but this shit's gone long enough. however i can't find anything on how to GET that declaration done and legally recognized. fiance is worried i'd get arrested for getting involved when it's not my property.

does anyone here have any idea where we can turn or how we can solve this before my mother in law has another heart attack?

Create a journal documenting all the threats of violence, drug use, and criminal associations.

Then use it to get a temporary restraining order against her.  You don't need a lawyer for one, just go down to the police station/courthouse.

Problem solved; you're welcome.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 04:03:04 AM

Thanks man, but they don't look too cheap unless I'm looking at the wrong page? I see this which seems to be the cheapest tank at $17 812, but apparently one would have to buy a transporter thing which starts at $8 350, and there are probably other costs too. The most practical solution in OP's case would probably just be to get a lawyer. But yeah, it'd be seriously cool to take one of these bad boys for a ride.

There's smaller stuff like BMP's and APC's that are less than $10,000 but they'll still be pretty powerful, the main point is a car will cost stupid amounts of insurance in my country and on top of that even a tiny hatchback is usually above these prices but with these you basically can fit several people in them if you need to.

Also, I'm in the UK so yeah Tongue
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 05:16:48 AM

I assume you are in the United States.  The owner of the property (whoever owns the deed) can file with the local district court or magistrate as it is called in some states to get her out.  If the unwanted person has been living there in most states (hard to believe but true) they have certain rights.

Depending on where you live (state , county ect)  may be a big factor in how long it will take.

Careful bringing up the drugs or illegal items, since police could use that as an excuse to seize the entire property,  sounds crazy but happens all the time in Philadelphia where I am from and many other places also. 

You may not need a lawyer but the owner of the property has to file the paperwork and pay a court fee to get the ball rolling.

There are resources on the web you can google as if you are a landlord and want someone evicted from your land. 

Follow a similar process.  (I know some places people with no lease basically squatters have more rights than someone who defaulted on a lease)

Hopefully you don't live in one of those places.   Best of luck with this difficult issue.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:28:08 AM

Thank you armchair lawyers.
cherrycen

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:06:29 AM

A good idea Smiley
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:09:14 AM

Thank you armchair lawyers.

I'm glad the police helped him out. Hiring a lawyer is not ideal. Many have the habit of milking a situation to excess.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:31:17 AM

throw the person out and tell them what will happen should they return, are there no men left on this fucking planet?

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 09:57:49 AM

never call the cops , unless you absolutly have to

at least that is my personal feelings,

first call the police and only then a lawyer.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:38:11 PM

throw the person out and tell them what will happen should they return, are there no men left on this fucking planet?

i would have. but since it's not my property, i wasn't allowed to, for fear (from my fiance) that i'd get arrested for it.

vm1990
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:05:10 PM

There's smaller stuff like BMP's and APC's that are less than $10,000 but they'll still be pretty powerful, the main point is a car will cost stupid amounts of insurance in my country and on top of that even a tiny hatchback is usually above these prices but with these you basically can fit several people in them if you need to.

Also, I'm in the UK so yeah Tongue

not to mention the fact you dont have to worry about anyone cutting you up or dinging your car in the car park.. and the fact aslong as you follow UK rules on tax and insurance you can also invade any European country ahhh the though of driving a British tank through France and Germany makes me all giddy XD. and theres not a damn thing they can do about it Cheesy

and can you imagine someone trying to clamp or tow it id sit there and watch the traffic wardens heads explode with confusion

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 02:38:06 PM

LOL I'm not surprised I'm the only one who thought about this as a solution for owning a car, but yes, one of the best things about having an APC would be the fact that tailgating wankers wouldn't be able to mess up your car, they'd just crumple up against the back of it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: