Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:06:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB: Jewelry, sapphire or other  (Read 1853 times)
Ian Maxwell (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2011, 03:45:06 PM

Inspired by this thread and its suggestions, I think it's time for me to buy my wife something nice.

Is there anyone here who is a jeweler, or knows a jeweler, or works for a jeweler, or is otherwise able to get good deals on jewelry? My wife loves blue sapphires and I know she'd appreciate a sapphire ring or necklace. She also loves garnets and pearls, but she has more pearls than anything else at the moment, so I should probably go with something else. She's actually not a fan of diamonds or yellow gold.

I don't really know jewelry and I'm not sure what I should spend on this. My wife is one of those people who gets angry if you spend too much money on her, so I'll set a maximum of 100 BTC or so. (Less is better, of course.) If the value of a bitcoin keeps rising---well, I'll be that much richer, so I should still be able to afford 100 BTC.

My anniversary is in less than a month, so any other suggestions are welcome as well. Anyone own a restaurant?

Ian Maxwell
PGP key | WoT rating

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
travex

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 03:49:22 PM

Inspired by this thread and its suggestions, I think it's time for me to buy my wife something nice.

Is there anyone here who is a jeweler, or knows a jeweler, or works for a jeweler, or is otherwise able to get good deals on jewelry? My wife loves blue sapphires and I know she'd appreciate a sapphire ring or necklace. She also loves garnets and pearls, but she has more pearls than anything else at the moment, so I should probably go with something else. She's actually not a fan of diamonds or yellow gold.

I don't really know jewelry and I'm not sure what I should spend on this. My wife is one of those people who gets angry if you spend too much money on her, so I'll set a maximum of 100 BTC or so. (Less is better, of course.) If the value of a bitcoin keeps rising---well, I'll be that much richer, so I should still be able to afford 100 BTC.

My anniversary is in less than a month, so any other suggestions are welcome as well. Anyone own a restaurant?

What kind of jew are you looking for ? There many jew shops are in sale seasons in Australia and they offer like 80% discount Tongue
Ian Maxwell (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2011, 04:52:18 PM

What kind of jew are you looking for ? There many jew shops are in sale seasons in Australia and they offer like 80% discount Tongue
I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

Ian Maxwell
PGP key | WoT rating
ataranlen

Activity: 846
Merit: 1000

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2011, 01:56:02 AM

I can order some pretty nice Marketplace stuff and have it shipped to you from Newegg.com You might take a look at some of the prices there.
http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category.aspx?Category=651&name=Jewelry

Also, let her know you bought it with that noisy computer in the other room, not your regular paycheck!

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
travex

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 03:54:37 AM

I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

Seriously why do you think this is a joke ? In sale season in Australia, jews shop are usually offer 40-80% discount for their products, this include necklace, ring, band arms etc...
Ian Maxwell (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2011, 04:44:52 AM

@ataranlen : Wow, those prices are way better than some of the others I was looking at... thanks!

Are there any advantages to my ordering through you instead of doing it myself? Do you have some sort of connections with Newegg?

Ian Maxwell
PGP key | WoT rating
ataranlen

Activity: 846
Merit: 1000

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2011, 04:54:30 AM

The only one I can think of is this: I accept Bitcoins Grin Also, I've got a 6k credit limit with Newegg.

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
Vasco
Donator

Activity: 213

SEIZED by Gunthar

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 05:01:36 AM

Hey SunAvatar, I sent you a PM, I have the PERFECT solution.  Cool

paleface

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 11:07:22 AM

hey, i have a thread in the selling forum where i am selling some hand made silver wire wraps.

I currently have a suite of three sri lanka sapphires that are really beautiful that I could set in silver for you, at a reasonable price.  They are not faceted at all, but still have both terminative ends on each one- and I have blue, yellow, and orange-red sapphire that I could set together in a small silver pendant for you and keep the price reasonable.   I would really like to use them all together in one piece as that is how I had purchased them and intended them to be set.   Intent is a big thing to me.

if you like the style, but not the stones or want to do something smaller, or perhaps see some of the other material i have available pm me and we could catch up over instant messenger or something and i could show you some of what I have.  I have also a wide variety of hand selected tourmalines, kunzite, and other beautiful crystals that are naturally beautiful just as god made them that could be crafted into a custom pendant.   I even have a standardised rate at which I work, which is the amount of silver used plus the cost of the stones plus 30% for me for taking the time to pick good material, collect things, get my hustle dialed in (most people charge much, much more than this for custom work) and then 10 an hour for time put into it.   I am honest and ethical on stone pricing, and my quality for natural specimens is very competitive especially for the price.

also if perhaps you like the stone tanzanite is very nice and some find the fire and refractive index appealing to the eye in a way that sapphire pales to.

let me know!
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:02:16 PM

hey! how much ß do you want to send me
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA03Z0008497

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Ian Maxwell (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2011, 01:55:30 AM

@paleface: thanks for the offer. I'm in discussions with BitcoinExchange at the moment but I may still take you up on this depending on how that goes. I think I'll go take a look at your thread!

I think I'll be able to get something good out of this.  Smiley

Ian Maxwell
PGP key | WoT rating
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 02:55:56 PM

Anyone willing to send me it?

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
paleface

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 02:52:13 AM

thanks for your interest sunavatar.   let me know what you think!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: