Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:13:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226849 times)
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:11:16 PM

Seeing DASH at more than $100 each is so depressing. I know many people here were holding DASH when MintPal went down, myself included.

Has anyone had any luck in getting anything back at all? Just curious, I don't expect to.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
futz.co

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 03:16:16 AM

Seeing DASH (DRK back then) mooning right now makes me so angry. I remember finding about DRK and it seemed interesting to me, so I bought around 20 of them (can't seem to find my records from back then, so can't tell exactly).

I was able to find in some old KeePass database that I created the MintPal account on July 7, 2014 (https://i.imgur.com/UqFxBit.png). And I found through myactivity.google.com that I visited the BTC/DRK exchange page (mintpal.com/market/DRK/BTC) for the first time on June 30, 2014, and revisited the site consistently after that date (https://i.imgur.com/VQrbzxv.png).

Now my 20ish DRK are worth more than $2000, and possibly even more in the future. I just don't know why I didn't find about this thread until now. My guess is that at the time the value of DRK was so low I didn't consider it worth bothering over a couple of bucks. But now I wish I did.

I know it's not that much, but still. Is there anything I can do?
SailZStarZ

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 05:12:25 AM

Seeing DASH (DRK back then) mooning right now makes me so angry. I remember finding about DRK and it seemed interesting to me, so I bought around 20 of them (can't seem to find my records from back then, so can't tell exactly).

I was able to find in some old KeePass database that I created the MintPal account on July 7, 2014 (https://i.imgur.com/UqFxBit.png). And I found through myactivity.google.com that I visited the BTC/DRK exchange page (mintpal.com/market/DRK/BTC) for the first time on June 30, 2014, and revisited the site consistently after that date (https://i.imgur.com/VQrbzxv.png).

Now my 20ish DRK are worth more than $2000, and possibly even more in the future. I just don't know why I didn't find about this thread until now. My guess is that at the time the value of DRK was so low I didn't consider it worth bothering over a couple of bucks. But now I wish I did.

I Dm'd Ferdous Bhai about it a few months ago and his response was "The mintpal V2 servers + Ryan's personal assets + money from bank are still seized by the UK police. That case is still ongoing. I'll follow up with the investigator early next week and get back to you!" I never did hear back from him, but I recently found out about the DASH boom... Let's just say I had a lot of DASH... I just dm'd him again and I'll let you know what he says.
futz.co

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 03:38:37 PM

I Dm'd Ferdous Bhai about it a few months ago and his response was "The mintpal V2 servers + Ryan's personal assets + money from bank are still seized by the UK police. That case is still ongoing. I'll follow up with the investigator early next week and get back to you!" I never did hear back from him, but I recently found out about the DASH boom... Let's just say I had a lot of DASH... I just dm'd him again and I'll let you know what he says.

Looking forward to it. Thanks brother!
danosphere
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 12:17:19 AM

This was the same status that I was appraised of (through different channels, as my team is also involved in suit against Ryan) so I believe it to still be the case. The UK authorities are holding the aforementioned assets as evidence. I only chime in because I'm part of the Syscoin team, from which Ryan stole 750BTC along with everyone else's Mintpal assets. We sued him following the theft and our case is also on hold as well (for over a year now) pending the fraud case outcome.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
futz.co

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 12:46:07 AM

This was the same status that I was appraised of (through different channels, as my team is also involved in suit against Ryan) so I believe it to still be the case. The UK authorities are holding the aforementioned assets as evidence. I only chime in because I'm part of the Syscoin team, from which Ryan stole 750BTC along with everyone else's Mintpal assets. We sued him following the theft and our case is also on hold as well (for over a year now) pending the fraud case outcome.

I wish your team success in recovering their stolen assets. Please keep us updated in case any major events happen in relation to your case.
axllht

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 02:05:36 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 11:35:51 PM by axllht

I wish your team success in recovering their stolen assets. Please keep us updated in case any major events happen in relation to your case.

I call to UK police in 2015 and http://www.actionfraud.police.uk, they said: "we know nothing about this case" or better "we don't know this case"

btw, If someone know where these all coins are in this moment, please PM to me (address or phone number or email directly to this place)  or please tell me how to take back my coins.

btw2, we (all scamed ppl) should create big community a long time ago in this case, make donation fund for lawer, take lawer a long time ago, and fix it a long time ago.

stephendt

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:48:46 PM

What's the status of this case? I messaged a couple of people about two years ago now but never got replies. I understand things are still ongoing case, but the value of these coins that are trapped are now quite high and I've reached a point where the money would be very useful to me right now. Is there anyone I can message to hopefully retrieve some of my coins? I definitely had 2-3 BTC worth of BTC and DRK, and I think some BLK (at the time).
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:13:47 AM

What's the status of this case? I messaged a couple of people about two years ago now but never got replies. I understand things are still ongoing case, but the value of these coins that are trapped are now quite high and I've reached a point where the money would be very useful to me right now. Is there anyone I can message to hopefully retrieve some of my coins? I definitely had 2-3 BTC worth of BTC and DRK, and I think some BLK (at the time).

Goxxed I think nobody will get anything back now
gringoprivelege

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 10:44:34 AM

Goxxed I think nobody will get anything back now
Are people getting their coins back now? I wonder what value they used - original or price at the time of loss.
MofoMF

Activity: 320
Merit: 101

Mai bine mort,decat asa de viu! *TM

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:21:54 PM

I had 40 different coins on mintpal and 50 on cryptsy Cheesy valued at that time at 7btc on mintpal and 3 on cryptsy,but i have only my username and my email that i used at that time.
Can i do something with that in order to recover my coins ?!

eTitanium [ETIT] Blockchain Cryptocurrency
WebsiteWhitepaperBlock ExplorerDownloadRoadmapForumPool
supermonkeyballs

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:52:34 AM

Same boat got about 2-3 btc worth. Any chance of recovering? Been over three years just thought I gave it a shot
Whoshuydoan

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:33:26 PM

I had 40 different coins on mintpal and 50 on cryptsy Cheesy valued at that time at 7btc on mintpal and 3 on cryptsy,but i have only my username and my email that i used at that time.
Can i do something with that in order to recover my coins ?!

In the same boat. Had over 2000 xc coin which I bought for pennies, which is now dash coin which will be worth 300k. Didn't think anything of it until all the cryptocurrency hype going on. Would love to be able to recover these coins but all I have is email and password. Surely someone has all our info and data. Is all hope lost?? 😞
iwantmycoinsALEX

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:51:43 PM

Angry I really don't understand why recovering coins from this asswipe is such an issue. I had 25 BTC on there, and someone has them....and I bet several people know exactly where they are....this wasn't some guy in his moms basement, and there are complete history records of everything that took place within that exchange...so he is in jail for 6 months, and when he gets out, he walks away with everyones coins? bullshit...
so142001

Activity: 114
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:41:48 AM

Has anyone successfully recovered their bitcoins/altcoins? I'm still waiting on a way to recover my 1.07450001 BTC. Any help would be appreciated. Please feel free to PM me.

Whoshuydoan

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:10:00 PM

Angry I really don't understand why recovering coins from this asswipe is such an issue. I had 25 BTC on there, and someone has them....and I bet several people know exactly where they are....this wasn't some guy in his moms basement, and there are complete history records of everything that took place within that exchange...so he is in jail for 6 months, and when he gets out, he walks away with everyones coins? bullshit...

Exactly my thinking. With everyone's money worth so much more now, couldn't a legal team be assembled. If everyone would offer a percentage, I'm sure some lawyers would love to work on a case like this. Well, time to do some research.
so142001

Activity: 114
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 05:45:31 PM

Exactly my thinking. With everyone's money worth so much more now, couldn't a legal team be assembled. If everyone would offer a percentage, I'm sure some lawyers would love to work on a case like this. Well, time to do some research.

I would be on board with this. There are a couple of Claims and government sites that I found but I'm not sure about their legitimacy and they seem to require a payment before anything is done.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09009856
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

I am kind of poor so I wouldn't be able to fork over any more money for this, but I'd be more than happy to include part of my stake of slightly more than 1 btc in this matter for helping out with costs. I miss my bitcoin Sad

Whoshuydoan

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 11:44:53 PM

I see cryptsy and mtgow having lawsuits against them for the victims to recover some coins back. I will reach out to bitcoin lawyers and sought advice. Maybe if we have enough people willing to give a share of their crytpcurrency, some legal action can take place.
30cmruler

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 01:04:28 PM

Giving a percentage is a great idea. I mean the combined potential payoff for lawyers would be massive.

A couple of years ago i has lost like a couple of k from Dash from Mintpal and i was like "fuck it, win some loose some", but now that would be in tens of thousands, so yeah, the incentive has gone up. Especially considering all the potential future earnings i could be making with that extra capital.

But does anyone have like information where to contact interested parties? If enough people can get interested then shouldn't be too hard to get the ball rolling. But for that to happen it has to be relatively easy to get involved.
vladimirdin

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 10:27:00 PM

I have sys coin in mintpal . if anyone have information how to  pull back or find way please tell
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: