Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:27:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226847 times)
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 10:41:43 PM

should this be moved to the main thread?  I rarely visit the ann section and stumbled into this thread.

bump

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barbados-fs

Activity: 837
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:03:34 PM

I had successful withdrawal of RDD CLOAK CRYPT DOGE and DRK,
Have some dust of BTC and 200 UTC still stuck.

UTC withdrawal status:  Daemon-returned-error

Did anyone got their UTC out?

I returned in 1036 BC (all who were there)
FLC stands for the status of "requested" but on the UTC is the same as you - a mistake.

"Coздaть ceнcopнyю ceть гopoдa - этo нe дopoгo, нe cлoжнo и пo cooтнoшeнию зaтpaты / эффeкт для гopoдa - нeoцeнимo! He нyжнo ждaть пoкa кopпopaции и гocyдapcтвa cдeлaют тaкиe ceнcopныe ceти и бyдyт иx oбcлyживaть - этo бyдeт дopoгo и бyдeт coбиpaть бoльшe дaнныx o нac c вaми, чeм мы бы этoгo xoтeли!" (c)Aira.life
PaulR1

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:19:58 PM

Balance 297,484 UTC which is at this moment of posting the equivalent of  22,65 BTC

Withdrawal Status
Daemon-returned-error

I try already for almost a week to get my UTC out of MintPal.... but no success.
Guess I lost them all  Cry

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:44:22 PM

Some good news?

https://mobile.twitter.com/bitstamp/status/524185909504516096
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:54:18 PM

If they only freeze the coins, what will they do with them?
1echo

Activity: 280

scams hunter!

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:33:37 AM

they will sell elsewhere or sold already

dont even think you will get money back Sad

meccaflare0

Activity: 336

Do the thing and you'll have the power.

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:08:12 AM

There is hope my friend. The transparent nature of the blockchain my be the saving grace of this situation. The coins will be tracked down.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:36:51 AM

There is hope my friend. The transparent nature of the blockchain my be the saving grace of this situation. The coins will be tracked down.

Name another time transparent blockchain resulted in coins being returned. Zero.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
sushibi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:42:49 AM

Needing a person who 'll kill Ryan Kennedy......  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

eventually this will end up to some site collecting btc bounty to kill him
 there are lot of people doing it for some btc
we have seen in so called real world people get killed because of 20$..

cryptos are dangerous

Crypto's are not dangerous, people are. And when you look at crypto currency for what it is (CURRENCY) it dawns that Moolah didn't just ROB people blind. Some people will still be looking for dinner, lost their savings... cant feed the kids. He didn't just prey on the community, he took advantage of it. This was a long term plan, no just some quick exchange. What he forgot clearly, is that a number of people who use BTC also live live a life that might not add up with the typical bitcoin user. He didn't just steal money, he made Dogecoin look like a joke. He created, maintained and took advantage of Charities. He has done alot more than just "steal BTC". And when all is said and done, there is going to be people he broke. People, that if he was face to face with, he would reconsider. Mr Alex Green, people don't just forget that they are now broke due to a nerd seeking the criminal lifestyle. You're already way to exposed Alex, everyone knows your name, perhaps address and is on your paper trail. Next my guess is it' the news, maybe CNN, NBC, get the word out there about a scam artist. Then perhaps the authorities get to you, where you await trial, but that won't go good... Now that your on the inside... most wont take kindly... Charity theives, petty crimes, preying on the weak... That will earn you the ultimate price once your locked in a 6 x 8 with Bob and his 15 inch dick...  Remember we're on the computer, not all of us are developers and designers that sit on a computer all day. Real life can suck sometimes, especially when it's about to be shoved all the way up your asshole. Fuck you. There is no place for people like you, anywhere, Alex Green.

I agree everything you said apart from the news .. lol .. Mainstream media won't give a shit .. ohh wait, yeah maybe they do put it up in the news, warning people about the dangers of bitcoin ...

bitcoin is clearly very dangerous. I feel especially bad for the employees now left holding the bag.

Like the Boffin? OR Landon? Who willingly, listen to this... REGISTERED THE UNITED STATES Business, and IT'S BANK ACCOUNTS, in his name, as an employee of the company.  I personally, feel 0 sympathy fore someone who is so god damn blind. He saw a paycheque, took it, and was 100% negligent to any possibility of something negative. IT's really a joke, and he deserves to go down as well. As for the other employees, who knows... Not everyone is as innocent as they come off, there seems to be a whole lot of people taking on %'s of companies that are completely fraudulent for the get go, OBVIOUSLY fraudulent, who also should be accountable.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:04:41 AM

This is not going to end well for this Ryan/Alex lowlife.  I think no physical harm came to Mark K @ GOX because there is a shred of doubt, perhaps even reasonable doubt (as in a Criminal Court context) that he actually stole.  Perhaps he really might have been hacked due to laziness or complete lack of aptitude when it comes to security/coding/IT processes and procedures.  With this character it seems there isn't any plausible, reasonably believable explanation other then a blatant, outright, in your face scam.  

There is quite a bit of public information on his identity.  Numerous people who know him in the physical world.  If someone wanted to find him I'm sure with a little bit of effort they could.  Now it's up to 5000+ missing BTC.  That is a lot of money for some people, perhaps even some unscrupulous people who live by a different code or rules of life then the rest of us.

Watching that leaked video of dogecoin guys asking him about an IT Security audit, vulnerability assessment and other things, its quite evident from his responses to some of the hard questions that he is neither very intelligent nor clever.  He made many mistakes and his arrogance will lead him to make even more.  Anyway, there is no honor among thieves. There are likely people out there who know his whereabouts who are motivated by greed.

I think this guy will end up locked up by authorities sooner rather then later.  Reading up a bit on his background, his other scams etc. makes me think he got away with things before because the damage he caused was significantly lesser then now.  This time around he simply bit off more then he can chew.

Disclaimer:  I was fortunate enough not to loose any funds with this goof but I feel very bad for all you folks who did.

meccaflare0

Activity: 336

Do the thing and you'll have the power.

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:14:37 AM

Name another time transparent blockchain resulted in coins being returned. Zero.
Technically Vericoin. The very coin that caused this this storm if you think about it. Maybe Mintpal wouldn't have sold out to Moolah. Just speculation. Any how Minpal V1 was insecure.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:16:39 AM

Can anyone confirm with those currently running Mintpal (ex-owners/ex-employees) whether they still have control of XMR? I am not clear on this.

█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████             █████ █
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:17:25 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 03:27:45 AM by CoinCidental

Even if the coins were followed or even tainted at bitstamp there
 will be plenty of international buyers that would take them for a small
Discount  And not care that they  were once  stolen funds

Once they go into a big Chinese or Russian  wallet   that's probably
the last we will hear on  that...

A few million bucks worth of coins is not likely to be recovered from
this fat fcuker or any other thief who was smart enough to steal them
in the first place

I'm sure karpeles has a % of the plundered coins stashed away  too......

Unfortunately it's too easy to steal coins at the moment and blame it on
Bad security or hacks etc
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:10:32 AM

So basically we all lost funds on mintpal.
Some less others more.

This is rally lame, some1 stole bunch of coin and now he is laughing.
Hope that this will resolve peacefully.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:36:43 AM

Can anyone confirm with those currently running Mintpal (ex-owners/ex-employees) whether they still have control of XMR? I am not clear on this.

+1.

Although this means nothing, there was a blog post on the 19th that specifically mentioned XMR withdrawals would happen "shortly". However I am not very optimistic. Thought I would pass along the info regardless.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
tombtc

Activity: 471

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:49:22 AM

Got my DRKs after a week!

When? What date? Impossible he is still paying.
BlockaFett (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:16:25 AM

Chris Ellis: Crowd sourced investigation into Mintpal/Moolah using Github and the Blockchain: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2jujix/evidence_bundle_an_experiment_from_chris_ellis/

note - i'm on vacation in Cairo until the weekend so won' have much time to update OP but keep reporting and post any news links and I will add them. cheers Smiley
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:34:22 AM

The following daemons are currently unavailable. Withdrawals for these currencies will be processed as soon as possible.

FLT
KARM
MIN
XCR
XMR

I can't wait enymore  Angry Angry
I logged in my account in mintpal, but can't see my balance , just some notes.
so where can I check my left account balance?
thanks.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:33:13 AM

I am not permitted to post the following in the dogecoin subreddit, where I would normally post such a thing, because the mods over there are incompetent.  So, I shall share this with you.  Its the IRC chat log of my very first conversation with the C.O.O. of Moolah. I had been giving Moolah a hard time on the dogecoin thread, but the mods kept deleting my posts.  I created my own subreddit, /r/notDogecoinFUD, which caught the attention of Moolah's Chief Goon, i mean Operations Officer.  Read the transcript.  It speaks to what he knew about Green, how competent he should be w/ regards to business practices, the b.s. censorship on the dogecoin subreddit, and Moolah's deliberate lack of transparency. 

Enjoy,

https://network23.org/dogecoin/2014/10/21/first-chat-with-the-boffin-typos-and-all/
Wanesst

Activity: 421

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:29:17 AM

This is not going to end well for this Ryan/Alex lowlife.  I think no physical harm came to Mark K @ GOX because there is a shred of doubt, perhaps even reasonable doubt (as in a Criminal Court context) that he actually stole.  Perhaps he really might have been hacked due to laziness or complete lack of aptitude when it comes to security/coding/IT processes and procedures.  With this character it seems there isn't any plausible, reasonably believable explanation other then a blatant, outright, in your face scam.  

There is quite a bit of public information on his identity.  Numerous people who know him in the physical world.  If someone wanted to find him I'm sure with a little bit of effort they could.  Now it's up to 5000+ missing BTC.  That is a lot of money for some people, perhaps even some unscrupulous people who live by a different code or rules of life then the rest of us.

Watching that leaked video of dogecoin guys asking him about an IT Security audit, vulnerability assessment and other things, its quite evident from his responses to some of the hard questions that he is neither very intelligent nor clever.  He made many mistakes and his arrogance will lead him to make even more.  Anyway, there is no honor among thieves. There are likely people out there who know his whereabouts who are motivated by greed.

I think this guy will end up locked up by authorities sooner rather then later.  Reading up a bit on his background, his other scams etc. makes me think he got away with things before because the damage he caused was significantly lesser then now.  This time around he simply bit off more then he can chew.

Disclaimer:  I was fortunate enough not to loose any funds with this goof but I feel very bad for all you folks who did.    

The saddest thing that this situation could tarnish the the cryptocurrency world. I consider it would be great if the government finally introduced the normal governing law.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: