Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 01:08:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Ethererum is dead in the water.  (Read 6151 times)
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:04:44 PM

Ethereum is another Suckerberg coin like Mastercoin and Max Coin, coins which spam the media with articles and YouTube videos almost nobody sees.  They do this because there's a lot of incredibly wealthy people who want to be in on the "next Bitcoin", get persuaded by this junk and thinking throwing bags of money at a coin will produce subsequent bags of money.   Classic rich man's ponzi scheme.

Never works, the people who bought Mastercoin would had made more off Doge.  The people who bought Maidsafe would had made more off Darkcoin and other alternates.  At best you're only making the developers rich with these Suckerberg coins.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:12:04 PM

Ethereum has nothing to do with Ethercoin.

Ethereum= Holy grale of Internet 3.0
Ethercoin=Blatant scam of some scumbags

Don´t confuse everything just to spread FUD

And please people don´t name huge projects like Ethereum and NXT in the same sentence with a random shitcoin like Qora.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
TaunSew

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:16:21 PM

haha Qora is the testnet of NXT. Finally it found some place.  Cheesy

that's what exactly happening  Roll Eyes

Qora needs to cut their losses and admit to being a $hitfork of NxT, because everybody knows it to be true.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Robif

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:36:51 PM

And please people don´t name huge projects like Ethereum and NXT in the same sentence with a random shitcoin like Qora.

and what the hell is ethererum lol  Huh
mnl92

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:50:05 PM

Here is the Ethereum bitcointalk thread link

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428589.0
Robif

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:53:51 PM

Here is the Ethereum bitcointalk thread link

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428589.0

that's ethereum not ethereRum  Wink
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:50:11 PM

+1 to renat0...this thread went downhill fast.

Heres the story on AT:
https://nxtforum.org/automated-transactions/information-of-the-at-project/

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
rabbiter (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:07:03 AM

I don't think such inflamated threads/posts will take Qora somewhere but being hated by other coin members. I think both Qora and Nxt are great, let us not get childish please.

No one on this thread who is a supporter of this development in Qora even mentioned NXT let alone criticise it.

Etherum is a completely different issue to coins having turf wars.

Etherum is a completely different beast, corporate funded (I believe) and possibly with links to the FED to try to get it's hands on cryptocurrency to shape it and control it like they do the banks and money today.

So confusing the two is stupid. I even in comparison rate Dogecoin and absolutely any genuine cryptocurrency of decentralised limited supply as brothers compared to Etherum. So NXT and Qora will battle I'm sure but this is the bigger picture about what some of us might actually believe in as we also try to get rich. We should all be united against Etherum IMO. I'm not even against Vitalik Buterin. I believe the team were headhunted, I mean this kind of people ie Goldman Sach bankers and high profile Bitcoiners don't just meet in Starbucks by chance ,this was orchestrated.
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 04:14:37 AM

etherum dropped their BTCs already and never shown proof of code.

skip this and dont even wait

rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:27:22 AM

Maybe this project was aborted but I think it would be naive to think big banks and central banks will just let cryptocurrency run them down and make them obsolete if they become a threat.

So you can bet there will be other projects, others systems that will appear out of no where. Who knows even the government produces a crypto currency and makes it legal tender while banning all others. But the attacks will come you can be sure of it.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:39:37 AM

They all die. Btc is the internet. Nobody givez a poo bunches of lan
rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:46:44 AM

I agree Bitcoin is our base but I think we need 'systems' to trade in a decentralised way and to hold other assets including currencies, precious metals, stocks etc.

Only a fool wouldn't admit some improvements need to be made to Bitcoin, for one it's not even private, who wants everyone to see all their bank transfers?
TaunSew

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:59:53 AM

What do you classify MaidSafe as?  Did you know Maidsafe started before Bitcoin and they got that $7million IPO here on Bitcointalk?  There were even strong allegations that laundered MtGox coins were involved.  That's $7 million for one of the world's longest vaporware projects.

I was the one who revealed to Bitcointalk, through investigation, that the Maidsafe company in Scotland only had like 4 employees.  Nowhere enough manpower or intellectual power to accomplish what they want (hence the vaporware for almost a decade).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=582731.0

Wouldn't put it past Ethereum having laundered Bitcoins either.  

Honestly how do any of us how many official employees Ethereum has?   They used that have that photo up (until it was pulled) and most of the people on the list looked pretty dubious to me.

rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:25:21 AM

What do you classify MaidSafe as?  Did you know Maidsafe started before Bitcoin and they got that $7million IPO here on Bitcointalk?  There were even strong allegations that laundered MtGox coins were involved.  That's $7 million for one of the world's longest vaporware projects.

I was the one who revealed to Bitcointalk, through investigation, that the Maidsafe company in Scotland only had like 4 employees.  Nowhere enough manpower or intellectual power to accomplish what they want (hence the vaporware for almost a decade).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=582731.0

Wouldn't put it past Ethereum having laundered Bitcoins either.  

Honestly how do any of us how many official employees Ethereum has?   They used that have that photo up (until it was pulled) and most of the people on the list looked pretty dubious to me.

I haven't paid much attention to it, as an IPO it didnt interest me as so many people were buying into it.

BUT there are scams and there are SCAMS. If a coin actually exists, with no back doors in the code and has a limited supply etc then I don't care if the developers are the Cosa Nostra cloning dogecoin using the IPO money to traffic illegal chinese child labour.  What we have to avoid is centralised systems that have back doors that can be manipulated at a later date, im  wary of anything labelled a derivative but I guess coloured coins are a kind of derivative.  That's a much more serious bigger picture issue than the short term scams most label scams on here.
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:32:18 PM

If this works well, NXT will have it. If not, QORA will absorb the loss. The only result of the announcement would be buying NXT, not QORA.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:37:24 PM

I highly doubt it will be turing complete if NXT develops it.. especially since they are closed source and no code inspections etc... as soon as its released it will be closed again due to having to redevelop... same with ethereum... all of these models are begging to take years to develop something as complex.. while by then something like bitcoin will be "too big to fail"
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:48:00 PM

I agree Bitcoin is our base but I think we need 'systems' to trade in a decentralised way and to hold other assets including currencies, precious metals, stocks etc.

Only a fool wouldn't admit some improvements need to be made to Bitcoin, for one it's not even private, who wants everyone to see all their bank transfers?

but it's better to improve bitcoin itself, instead of making a new coin doing it, just add the damn thing to bitcoin, it is certainly possible
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:46:11 PM

but it's better to improve bitcoin itself, instead of making a new coin doing it, just add the damn thing to bitcoin, it is certainly possible

Bitcoin is like a huge tanker which will not change easily. There is a real risk of it Bitcoin to become obsolete if it continues to have a snobbish attitude.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
pr9me

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:51:49 PM

Word.
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:57:28 PM

Bitcoin is like a huge tanker which will not change easily. There is a real risk of it Bitcoin to become obsolete if it continues to have a snobbish attitude.
What is possible is that regulators will relax or abandon the AML/KYC requirements -- and thus the ability for Bitcoin to be used anonymously gets sufficient competition from some altcoin secretly created by government, which would be able to compete as being less-expensive to operate as well as being a brand with corporate backing sufficient to cause growth from paid promotion.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: